[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you finally grow out of edgy bands?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: metalhead.jpg (30KB, 494x604px) Image search: [Google]
metalhead.jpg
30KB, 494x604px
At what age did you finally grow out of edgy bands?
>>
>>34622208
I grew into them fampai
>>
>>34622208
I didn't unfortunately. I'm 23 now, well at least I'm more self aware.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxqzHY7DN50
>>
I still secretly like a little bit of metal music but I acknowledge that it's immature but I stopped listening to metal around 17-18 as I was coming into adulthood.
>>
Never. I'm 28 and my music taste is actually getting edgier every day.
>>
I like opeth too. His hair is nice and long.
>>
Never, as I grew older I actually started liking black metal.

I do listen to a fuckton of jazz now though.
>>
around 18 or 19 i think
>>
maybe I actually like the music because it's good and not just because it's edgy
>>
>>34622208
I didn't outgrow the edge - I just moved up the ranks of edginess. Deathcore at 18 to industrial at 20. I have ascended.
>>
>>34622208
I never liked edgy bands, I just dressed edgy. Poser for life.
>>
File: moonman mcdonalds.jpg (49KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
moonman mcdonalds.jpg
49KB, 500x425px
>>34622208
I'll let you know, but it's >25
>>
I didn't grow out of metal but I have been growing into other genres.
>>
>he thinks metal is edgy!
>he has no concept of theatrics
>he thinks the music reflects the people who make and listen to it

Objectively, the most edgy music is abject garbage like indie bands whining about their girlfriends and how their parents divorce made them a socially inept numale
>>
>>34623098
This.
I still love a whole lot of metal, but now I listen to other stuff like swing, ska and blues as well.
>>
I didn't. My taste has gotten edgier with Emo/punk music.
>>
>>34622247
>immature music
>immature
>music
Who gives a shit? If you like to listen to it, you like to listen to it, who says it has to be "mature"(whatever that means) anyway.
>>
I like metal and hardcore punk but honestly I feel like bahaus is more edgy than psychotic waltz
>>
>>34622208
I didn't, I just got edgier. I went from shit like Slipknot and Disturbed to Dark Tranquility, Dying Fetus, and Insomnium. And somehow back to Slipknot, because their latest album, the Grey Chapter, is somehow better than anything else they've done. All their previous work feels like they were trying to hard to be edgy and psychotic, but this album feels like they've actually slipped into the dark depths of depression and madness brought on by old age, fading popularity, and one of their members dying recently. The lead singer especially, sounds like he's just so angry and hate-filled at the entire world and I love it. If you don't believe me, just listen to the song "AOV" by them.
>>
>>34622208
>is 19
>got into death grips last november
>sweats
>>
File: jRwVK0O[1].jpg (160KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jRwVK0O[1].jpg
160KB, 1024x1024px
>I still love a whole lot of metal, but now I listen to other stuff like swing, ska and blues as well.
>>
>>34622208
i still like edgy shit

specifically japanese edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APihzFJY04Y
>>
>>34623154
this famalam though I would include distrubed-tier non-metal garbage
>>
>>34623154
This man gets it. I hardly ever see people who listen to "real" metal dress and act edgy
>>
>>34624649
>GOATWHORE
>>
Liked rap, metal, hard rock, all that edgy shit till about my mid 30s. One day just couldn't stand it anymore. It all sounded so fucking stupid. Started listening to the local classical music station .. Soon that was all I could tolerate. Late 30s now, classical music fan all the way.
>>
File: image_12.jpg (82KB, 612x1012px) Image search: [Google]
image_12.jpg
82KB, 612x1012px
>>34622208
Sorry, I never listened to the music of school shooters. I am more of a idm, ambient man myself.
>>
File: crippled lucifer.jpg (495KB, 1405x1405px) Image search: [Google]
crippled lucifer.jpg
495KB, 1405x1405px
>>34622424
hahah, I'm like you, man. My taste was meme-edgy when I was in high school, but now I just listen to whatever the fuck I like, which is much edgier, ie. os industrial, Slam, power noise, dsbm, etc.
>>
File: 1482968036116.png (366KB, 659x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482968036116.png
366KB, 659x600px
>>34624749
>not having a good sense of humor
>not just having fun with music and not taking yourself seriously

People who define themselves based on music taste are scum.
>>
>>34624964
Is there even a proven correlation between "school shooters" and metal? Or is your whole life full of memes?
>>
>>34625188
You tell me:
https://youtu.be/cYApo2d8o_A
>>
I still unironically enjoy bands such as All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, Darkest Hour, Atreyu, As I Lay Dying, etc.
>>
>>34625205
>gets asked for proof
>provides the most meme metal artist of all time

You proved my point.
>>
>>34622208

If you base what music you listen to on whether it's "edgy" or not, you probably don't like music all that much, and you're probably still in middle school.
>>
>>34625324
>Hahahahaha the singer said satan 666 fuck school holocaust 69 raaaaaaaagggghhh
Sounds about right.
>>
>>34622208
>tfw all I want is a qt metalhead bf
>but none of them go to my school, none of them would like me anyway
Welp, better kms.

>>34622236
>>34622236
Same. As a teenager, I went through a jazz phase, a dadrock phase, and a folk phase. I only discovered metal in recent years.

>>34622247
I think that the "immature" parts are the tendency towards melodrama and the proclivity of some bands to take themselves to seriously. Or mindless attempts at edginess. However, this isn't really limited to metal.

There's a lot of stuff about metal that I think is a lot more complex, interesting, and "adult". I read somewhere that metalheads had comparative personality types to people who liked opera, but differed in terms of age. Which makes sense when you consider the technical competency for some genres, the theatricality, etc.

>>34622876
>HE THINKS INDUSTRIAL IS EDGY

jk senpai, good on you

>>34623154
Not really. Indie bands (although that's a weak label) try really hard to be anti-edgy, and over-authentic.

>>34624649
This. It's almost as if people who care enough about a genre to research it extensively are not going to have anything in common with the sorts of people who spend five hours in front of a mirror each morning.

>>34624964
Columbine:
>korn
>rammstein
>smashing pumpkins
>fly

Cho:
>liked that alternative rock song, "shine"

Charles Whitman:
>alive before metal was a thing

Seems like shooters like alt. rock more than anything.

>>34625176
If you don't think music correlates with personality or values, try playing Whitehouse for your grandma.

It's a perfectly fine thing to identify with, especially if it's something you really care about.
>>
File: 1484671287353.png (12KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484671287353.png
12KB, 640x640px
I've never understood people's fascination with metal beyond the 10th grade but then again I've been into AiC and Plebvana since the beginning of high school and currently it's what I listen to.

It really makes the mind ponder.
>>
File: king dede.jpg (260KB, 1153x925px) Image search: [Google]
king dede.jpg
260KB, 1153x925px
>>34622208
Catchy edgy or wannabe edgy ?
>>
File: Corrupted.jpg (36KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
Corrupted.jpg
36KB, 405x405px
I really like edgy music.
>>
File: 1485780456573.jpg (39KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
1485780456573.jpg
39KB, 720x539px
>>34622208
Been listening to technical death metal since I was 8.
Now I'm into black metal and atmospheric black metal.

>tfw you find other metalheads and the "metal" they listen to is memetallica, memestein, memeknot and when you tell them what you listen to they automatically feel inferior and try to justify themselves with phrases like "t-they are actually g-g-good, you know?"
>>
Inb4 muh technical competency
>>
File: download (4.jpg (9KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
download (4.jpg
9KB, 220x230px
>started listening to bring me the horizon in 2015
>right now all i listen to really is metal core
>we came as romans
>escape the fate
>chiodos
>amity affliction
>color morale
>>
>>34626841
Damn bro
>chiodos
You're 10 years too late
>>
Edgy as in emo/nu-metal/metalcore/deathcore stuff?
In that case never, I went from Trad. Heavy Metal to Thrash and Punk Metal, from there I crawled to Doom, then Stoner Doom and Stoner Rock and now Sludge/Southern Metal.
I just like big riffs, groove and bass heavy sound.
Listening some Negro Blues nowadays as well.

Weedeater is my current favorite band.
>>
Probably 21-22 so pretty late

I wish I had gottenough into real hardcore earlier
>>
>>34626654
what tech death and bm do you like anon?
>>
>>34627180
Gojira, Nile, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Death, Meshuggah, Behemoth,

Venom, Watain, Enslaved, Ulver, Rotting Christ, Batushka
>>
File: sg018.jpg (40KB, 584x778px) Image search: [Google]
sg018.jpg
40KB, 584x778px
I hate that I liked this type of girl back then.
>>
29 yaers old
still listening to edgy nihilistic bands

https://youtu.be/WuDuumkL1sI
>>
I grew into them.
I listened to a lot of nu metal and heavy metal crap like that when I wasn't listening to Iron Maiden, Dio, Black Sabbath with my dad.
Then I got into Rammstein which led me to industrial. I listen to plenty of black metal, I've gone to see black metal bands live more than any other.
KMFDM is the shit and the shirts are edgy but I love it. I first listened to them in middle school but it wasn't until HS that I really grew into it. Their 90's albums are top fucking tier. Raymond Watts and all.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.