[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: storage-unit.jpg (42KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
storage-unit.jpg
42KB, 400x270px
Any anons here ever lived on their own making minimum wage? How did you do it? Any tips or advice?
>>
I quit my job and lived 5 years on my own with no income. Shit sucks.
>>
>>34621684
I have never done it, but I understand that in much of the country it is undoable. Certainly it would be so where I live. Best of luck.
>>
>>34622300
Fucking how?! Were you homeless? Bux?
>>
>>34622540
I lived off savings for awhile and hardly ever spent money outside of rent+food.

Then I ended up going in to $25,000 credit card debt using 0% balance transfer checks.
>>
>>34622562
How is the debt? Are you still in it?
>>
>>34622580
i rotate it around to different cards every time the 0% promotional APR expires (every 12 months or so).

I still have all the debt, though I could pay it all off tomorrow if I wanted to use all my retirement savings to do so (but I don't)
>>
>>34621684
Basement apartment (really cheap but still decent, try to find one with utilities and internet included)

Dont eat out

cheap cell plan

ride a bike and use public transit
>>
>>34622606
How old are you? Will they not work with you to eliminate it? Can't you just default or do you not want to ruin your credit?
>>
>>34622659

Nobody works with you unless you stop paying. I don't want to ruin my credit, so I keep paying the minimum payment.

Surprisingly, my credit score is still above average.
>>
>>34622679
I see. Good luck to you.
>>
>>34621684
Currently doing this. I rent out a room lots of public transportation and bicycling. Lots of home cooked food and when going out I convinced my friends to just have dinner nights with one another taking turns to make home made food. Pirate everything online but make the home feel good. I use google phone and cheap cell in combination for about $35.

I use the public library to check out books and films too.

I use the farmers market to get a lot of fresh fruits and veggies when I can. I also shop at the Dollar Tree and find brand name items for $1 mostly cereals that are super expensive for about $5 but because they are so expensive they don't sell so DT buys them up. The off brand stuff varies quite a bit a do alot of research. Their $1 chicken thighs are worth it though and they will get brand bacon at times too so I freeze all of it.
>>
Discipline.

You have to cut out every unnecessary expense tovthe extreme bare minimum. Only the essentials...rent, utilities, car note...etc. No luxuries or eating out for a second...every extra cent left over from paychecks goes into your bank account...after a couple of months you'll have a couple hundred/thousand depending on job/salary. I call it stacking up...suffer now to splurge later. Most people can't and fail due to money mismanagement and unnecessary spending.

Good luck...
>>
Probably roommates and easy to get to job
>>
>>34622914
About how many hours do you work a week?
>>
>>34621684
Just drop a mattress in a pool they're need a crane to get it out?
>>
File: kaiji.jpg (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kaiji.jpg
113KB, 1024x768px
Anyone have any ideas for making extra money on the side?
>>
I did it for a year about 3 years ago.

I had a roommate and pretty much went between work and our apartment, only spending money on rent/food/internet.

Motivated me to get my shit together. Working two jobs now but I'm on track to make 50k this year.
>>
>>34623605
how did you get a job after being NEET? NEET time is toxic on resumes
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.