[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any robots with successful benzo withdrawal stories? How much

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: bzd.jpg (85KB, 1021x642px) Image search: [Google]
bzd.jpg
85KB, 1021x642px
Any robots with successful benzo withdrawal stories?
How much were you taking and since when? How long did it take? How did you do it?
Currently at 0.5/mg Xanax (=10mg valium) per day for months
>>
>>34614580
go to a doctor or a benzo clinic (not sure if these exist?) and tell them you are addicted

benzo addiction can kill you

don't try to do it yourself
>>
>>34614599
benzo withdrawal can kill you**
>>
>>34614580
my friend tried to stop xanax and had constant seizures, though he was at a higher dose. Get help anon pls.
>>
File: pepe 14.jpg (29KB, 422x437px) Image search: [Google]
pepe 14.jpg
29KB, 422x437px
>tfw mommy doesn't give me benzies because she was a nurse and knows about the addiction
>>
>>34614580

I took benzos recreationally for years, spending several months taking a few per day...what is this withdrawal you're all talking about?

Seriously, the worst I got was difficulty sleeping when I stopped, but that went away after a week or so.
>>
>>34614580
Um.. are you sure you're taking 0.5mg Xanax??? Not 5mg? Or something else?

Because that's... nothing.
>>
File: 1478859056840.jpg (469KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1478859056840.jpg
469KB, 1280x853px
>>34614580
I was on kpins for roughly 4 months at 4mg a day two seperate times. It was hell the first time the second not so much. I was scared about having a seizure the whole time never did i even did a ton of coke for a few weeks suprisingly still no seizure.

I started to work out, went from 5 cigarettes a day to a pack a day, got visual hallucinations didnt talk to literally anyone at work or at home, and stuttered alot. It got better after 3 months but still didnt feel totally better after a year of completely stopping. Now i wont take more than 1 dose a week and im getting them legally now. Not worth it.

This was 2 years ago an im feeling much better quit smoking but now i drink alot as that helped with the benzo wd.
>>
File: 1485856459684.jpg (45KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485856459684.jpg
45KB, 600x360px
>>34614580

>couldnt sleep
>lost interest in everything
>had to force myself to eat
>muscles would twitch uncontrollably

this lasted a couple weeks.
Now I have no interest in benzos whatsoever
I took a few months ago and didn't even like it.
>>
>>34614580
>withdrawals from 0.5 mgs of xanax
nah, cunt. worst case you wont be sleeping well for a week.
stop trying to make yourself look cool by playing the addict card. are you 15 or something
>>
>>34615446
>>34615831

0.5mg of xanax is like 10mg of valium or 1mg of ativan
>>
I took Clonopin legally for 9 years. I never abused it, because I never wanted to run out early. I was able to stick to not abusing it despite being addicted to other things. Chemical dependency is similar to addiction when the withdrawals hit. I tried to quit twice on my own. The first time I almost died and was admitted - they had to give me phenobarbital. My brain wouldn't "shut off" it was impossible for me to fall asleep no matter how tired I was. I was up for six days and five nights before being admitted and slept when the barbiturates kicked in. The second time I quit I did a 21 day depakote taper to prevent seizures. I am off clonopin since last May. I am off opiates since October 1st. May God give strength to those who seek to be drug free.
>>
>>34615993
New to whole benzo/xanax thing. Clonopin is same as them? Why did you take them for so long?
>>
>>34615963
so basically fucking nothing
fuck off kiddo, I've been popping 1-2mgs of xanax every night for like 2 years now. got drunk 3-4 days per week too. took z drugs and midazolam a lot also. abused and binged on every upper and downer I could get my hands on.
quit it without a problem 3 months ago. only downside was the first sleepless week. just start to eat healthy and work out so you are physically tired and you are good. it's mostly in your head, 0.5mgs aint shit
>>
>>34615993
where the fuck did you get kpin for 9 years straight?
>>
>>34615963
...maybe so, but my point is that's a very small dose.

Unless you have an incredibly low tolerance or somesuch then you're not an addict. 0.25mg is a usual starting dose "as needed for anxiety", possibly a few times/day.

Addiction tier activity would be 5mg per day, even then you could probably taper down from that without a big problem.
>>
>>34616078
Yes, its a benzo. I took it for panic disorder, generalized anxiety, and PTSD.
>>34616118
At first was from a Navy Psychiatrist while I was an active duty US Marine. Then from the VA hospital, then a civilian psychiatrist, then back to the VA. They would have left me on it forever man. I wanted to get off it because I was afraid of the extreme long term side effects fucking with my ability to create new memories.
>>
>>34616399
So how are you now? What are the after effects of such a long use? Btw did you abuse or just used regular doses?
>>
File: 00001upset.jpg (232KB, 538x785px) Image search: [Google]
00001upset.jpg
232KB, 538x785px
I was addicted for around 5 months. I was taking around 1.5mg when I started, and ended up around 4mg at my highest. I binged for 2 weeks straight if I remember, usually around 2-2.5mg, and a day or two after I stopped I woke up with cramping and stabbing pains all over my body.
I tried quitting cold turkey because it was only 2 weeks, but the withdrawals were still bad enough that it didn't work.
Go read up on how to taper, it's the only realistic way to get off. You'll want to get access to a long acting benzo if you're going to taper. Xanax won't work.
>>
>>34616525
Never abused benzos. I am a recovering opiate addict though. I still get violent full body twitches/muscle contractions a few times a day. I feel much clearer in the head and I can feel emotions that I didn't think I was capable of feeling anymore. My overall anxiety level is about the same as it was when on the benzos but the peaks and valleys of anxiety are sharper than they were. I've been in therapy since 2006 so there isn't much more they can tell me. I am disabled because of my poor mental health but I can find reasons not to kill myself yet at least. Thanks for asking about me anon, I appreciate it.
>>
i was once an addiction but i got helped and now im just a pill
>>
>>34615963
Should I worry then? Because I've been taking fucking 10mg of Xanax daily and nothing has happened yet.
>>
>>34617306
Which opiates did you take?
>>
>>34614580
I withdrew off of 2 months of 2mg Xanax per day at the same time as withdrawing off of Effexor (an snri.) You can do it mate that's not even that bad. Smoking weed helps.
>>
>>34617712
Started with oxycodone and worked my way up to sniffing 300-350mg at a time. Mainly oxycodone but I would do whatever I could get. I spent so much, wasted so much. I got heroin for the first time from silk road, then from a nigger. Switched to the needle about two months before I quit. Abused them from 2007-end of last September.
>>
>>34616584
Don't listen to this pussy. Quit cold turkey, tapering will only prolong your misery. Your dose was low there's not even really a point, that's generally one of the lowest taper doses as it is. But if you absolutely must try at first splitting you .5 into a fourth. If you still can't handle it take another fourth. If you need quick relief crush it and put it under your tongue. If your stomach is empty I would reccomend stirring the powder into a shot of water (it won't dissolve but just suspend it,) then down it. It will hit you harder than usual and it will emulate a higher dose than what it is without actually being one.
t. A guy who's experienced as fuck with withdrawal
>>
>>34617901
>>34617933
Nevermind, I made a mistake about your post. Apologies.
>>
>>34617901
>Quit cold turkey, tapering will only prolong your misery.
If you're doing it right, tapering will be uncomfortable, but not miserable. Cold turkey is really fucked up. If you are too far in you could also have seizures. It's pointless to quit cold turkey.
>>
>>34617306
It's cool anon. One good thing that you didnt abuse them. Have you found any new hobbies to shift your mental focus to something? Btw are you still using or are you clean? Are you hurting for social anxiety or is it something like PTSD?
>>
fucking goddamn xanax

that shit was great for about 3 months, i was taking around 1 mg a day

then the last 4 months tolerance skyrocketed and i couldn't sleep at all even if i took like 4 mg a day

so 7 months, up to 4 mg a day at the end

it all went to hell and i woke up in detox, couldn't sleep right for a month, then things finally got better after 2 months clean
>>
>>34618164
I do have social anxiety - I consider myself to be a cyborg and I consistently score in the low cyborg range on all versions of the robot quiz. I am 33 years old and my hobbies are, well, nothing but computers really. I have terminal PTSD and I have depression and panic disorder but I am not a special snowflake - just a man. I did buy a new camaro with part of the money I used to spend on heroin and I wax it on the weekends. I like to read a lot. Man I appreciate the kindness you have shown me. It means a lot to me, especially considering where we are
>>
>>34618005
That's very true. But OP is not to that point. Nowhere near. His withdrawals shouldn't be that bad at all.
>>
>>34617965
>deleting perfectly good digits
Wtf the fuck
>>
>>34614580
yea i did before it lasted for a month when i quit cold turkey. i sleep almost all day everyday at the beginning of it and didn't eat much. i was scared i wasnt eating but one day i actually ate again and felt good. i had werid dreams and visions sometimes i was just laying in my bed and it felt like my body was moving but i wasnt moving.
>>
It's hard to meet here someone down to earth. Are you working right now? Got girl? Got any goals in life right now?
>>
>>34618319
It's hard to meet here someone down to earth haha. Are you working right now? Got gf? Got any goals in life right now that youre moving foward? Btw what was the reason for you to quit drugs? I had been abusing MDMA recently for four months and the only reason I quit it was memory disorder. I had hard time remembering certain words or events. Now I guess I'm back to normal
>>
Yeah dude get help. I tried cold-turkey off of a waaay shorter time-period (like a week) and didn't expect to have the kind of withdrawal I did. 2nd worst experience of my life.
>>
>>34618319
I'm going to sleep now anon. You should definetly check realsocialdynamics I bet it would help a lot. I hope you resonate with tylers content. Hes got a lot of videos on different subjects in life. Changed my life dramatically. Btw if you have doubts about your face check 'own your face' on tedx or youtube. I hope you have wonderful life, anon!
>>
I'm day 3 of no clonazepam. I'm feeling restless and lightheaded. I would honestly prefer to no eating right now and my sleep is awful. I dry sweat and it's just great considering that I'm pretty sure I have bronchitis and that's been affecting me for the past week too.

Tomorrow is my dosage day and then two or three days of half pills and then quit for a bit. I have about 9.5 pills left.
>>
File: 1485746460137.jpg (398KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485746460137.jpg
398KB, 600x800px
Well, not strictly benzos, but I got addicted to etizolam. Which I still think blows benzos out of the water, but that's not important. Started taking it because my sister was abusive as fuck to everyone in the house. The stress was too much. Anyway, my grades were starting to tank and I knew I would have to quit but I kept one that shit for a year and a half before finally shaking it. First 10 days of withdrawal were hell. My legs and hands would shake, my thighs would twitch non-stop and I felt impending doom all the fucking time. Also had a constant erection lel.

Took like 6 months before I really felt normal again. My grades have recovered though, and now I go to the gym and read poetry to de-stress.

Honestly though, I'm worried I'm gonna relapse.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.