[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day 1 of my diet and it's not going well I've skipped

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11

File: 1468099974021.png (32KB, 766x758px) Image search: [Google]
1468099974021.png
32KB, 766x758px
Day 1 of my diet and it's not going well

I've skipped breakfast and lunch but I can't stop thinking about food

The food is calling to me

I'm not going to make it ;_;
>>
>>34611931
power through, anon.
your appetite dies down after a few days.
>>
>>34611931
>diet
>skipped breakfast and lunch
Are you stupid, or intentionally sabotaging your weight loss?
>>
>>34611931
Don't skip meals, just eat smaller portions.

Calculate how many calories you need, and count your calories.
>>
ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS EAT LESS FAT FUCK
>>
>>34611931
good luck tubby

its not so hard to eat less its just in ur head <3
>>
>refusing things you enjoy to appease normies

get the fuck off this patrician board and get to /fit/
>>
>>34611931
it's true, the key to weight loss is not to skip meals, but to eat smaller portions. exercise helps too.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>34611931
You have to eat in a way that you can tolerate anon, if the way your dieting is a struggle it will just lead to binge eating and going off track.

Eat smaller portions more often throughout the day, also a thing I tell my clients to do is eat a piece of dark chocolate 10-20 minutes before each meal, this elevate your blood sugar and you won't be as hungry while eating. This makes you feel more satisfied and prevents over eating.

I'm a personal trainer and nutritionalist, I'm willing to give you guys free professional advice so if you have questions feel free to ask.
>>
File: 1411654795745.jpg (3KB, 145x200px) Image search: [Google]
1411654795745.jpg
3KB, 145x200px
>>34612141
S/DL/BP/OHP?
>>
>>34612141
Should I buy one of those protein powder things and only eat protein for several weeks to induce ketosis to burn the fat?
>>
>>34612161

Sqaut: 315
DL: 425
BP: 305
OHP: probably 225, I don't really try to PR on OHP
>>
>>34612228
>savage measurements
Forget it.
>>
>>34611931
>I skipped breakfast
Top retard. You're supposed to eat breakfast and nothing else.
>>
>>34611931
hey man, fellow fatty here. why not enjoy food? just say fuck it and enjoy eating and being fat. really ask yourself, WHY are you torturing yourself and trying to lose weight? what is the reason? do you think it will help you get a gf? it wont. is it because you want to live longer? have fun being old and miserable and living in a rest home. theres really no reason to lose weight unless youre trying to impress someone, so just stop it already
>>
>>34611996
But that takes thought and effort I want to get something for doing fuck all
>>
>>34612243
Wanting to impress the man in the mirror is reason enough.
>>
>>34612243
I think its self respect for some people. They dont want to be fat.
>>
>>34612191

Yes you should buy protein powder, In theory that would work but your better off having 2-3 shakes a day and eating a couple small fibrous meals in between. Avoid pasta and bread but eat fibrous fruit, that's important.

A trick I use for cutting is mixing honey, cayenne pepper powder and lemon juice with water and drinking that 1-2 times a day before meals. That will increase motabolism and break down fats and carbs 10x more efficiently
>>
>>34611931
Dude don't just stop eating just eat less. You'll eventually binge and hate yourself (happens to me a lot) Try saltines, peanut butter, almonds, lots of water. It's great that you're trying :)
>>
>>34612256
You'll have a more attractive body, have tonnes of more energy, have a higher self-worth, and women will be attracted to you.

Just put in the willpower, and you can make it bro.
>>
>>34612243
Delete now.

/original
>>
>>34612316
Im not OP, I was sarcastically impersonating OP
>>
>>34612291
>A trick I use for cutting is mixing honey, cayenne pepper powder and lemon juice with water and drinking that 1-2 times a day before meals. That will increase motabolism and break down fats and carbs 10x more efficiently

is that so? What amounts do you use?
>>
>>34612301
You're literally telling him to eat calorie bombs. Wtf.

OP, just count your calories. fit sticky is very good on fat losing.
>>
>>34612243
It appears that you have become so fat you went full retard.

>losing weight makes you happier
>provides more opportunities in life
>more energy and feeling of well-being
>considerably less risk of fatty diseases
>women will find you more attractive
>people respond better to you

Shut your fat mouth you hamplanet
>>
>>34611996
>Don't skip meals, just eat smaller portions

Awful idea. You're never satiated and just tease your hunger with gulag sized meals.
It's better to starve for a few hours a day then eat a proper meal.
>>
>>34612350
It's not always the same but usually 1tsp of cayenne 1/2-1tsp of honey and a few squirts of lemon juice. I just buy the juice, don't waste time squeezing lemons. If you don't mind spice then you won't mind the flavour.

Honey is also a god-tier sweetener, try to replace sugar with it whenever possible. Do the dark chocolate thing as well, if you eat 10-20 minutes before a meal you will get fuller faster and stay satisfied much longer.
>>
>>34612404
You can eat until satisfied, just don't stuff your face. If you skip breakfast then just binge eat at lunch and supper, you will still gain weight.
>>
>>34611931
Diet does not mean skipping meals, just eating less.
>>
>>34612481

I just tried it. Didn't have any lemon juice though. Tasted nasty, but good thing I will be thinner faster now.
>>
>>34612620
You don't even have to eat less, just eat low-calorie vegetables to stuff yourself.
>>
>>34612613
>You can eat until satisfied

I'm never satisfied though. I never feel full. I just eat until I feel bloated
>>
>>34612659
vegetables are nasty though
>>
>>34612653
The cayenne is a metabolism stimulant, the lemon juice breaks down fats and carbs extremely fast and the honey does the same thing as dark chocolate, elevates your blood sugar so you don't crave food. Good luck anon
>>
>>34612689
Just kill yourself then.
oc
>>
>>34612613
>You can eat until satisfied

Wrong. Tried that, got fat.

>If you skip breakfast then just binge eat at lunch and supper

Wrong again, there's only so much you can eat at a time, and prolonged starvation dulls hunger. You can actually eat until satisfaction once a day compared to never if you go with reducing portions.
>>
>>34612404
HOLY FUCK you're an idiot.

Simple, SIMPLE easy way to LOSE weight is simply to ADJUST what you eat. Cut sugar out of your life completely and watch the fat melt away.

Never skip meals your body needs proteins and fats to function.

JUST AVOID CARBS AND SUGAR you idiot
>>
>>34612782
How much did you lose, over what period of time, how long have you stuck with the new weight?
>>
>>34612782
>JUST AVOID CARBS AND SUGAR you idiot

no you dum dum. It's all about calories out > calories in. You can have a diet of only potato chips and still healthily lose weight.
>>
why does healthy food taste like shit?

why hasn't anyone made a food that tastes good but has close to 0 calories?
>>
>>34611931
>skipping meals
(Intermittent) fasting a luxury weight maintenance technique for people that are already skinny. If your stomach has already reached gargantuan size then you'll have to make do with 3-6 very small portions per day, weighted towards the start of the day.
>>
>>34611931

Try a keto diet. Ditch the carbs, substitute with fat. Worked for me.

Just don't get the nasty keto flu. I had it as well, started to feel very ill.
>>
File: shutterstock_134282300.jpg (218KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_134282300.jpg
218KB, 500x393px
>>34612887
>source: my ass

If you're really really obese you can actually skip the intermittent part and just not eat at all
>>
>>34612816
Yes, but carbs (the bread, potatoes, pasta type) have a far higher ratio of calories to weight. Protein and veggies should be the majority of your meals if you're trying to lose weight. Adding fast carbs just adds calories.
>>
>>34611931
I found what worked for me was essentially fasting for 22 hours a day. I eat dinner, and that's it. I eat like a pig at dinner, but I work out 6 days a week, and there's a limit to how many calories I can consume in one meal.
>>
>>34613062
>far higher ratio of calories to weight.

Than what?
>>
>>34613121
Than vegetables and healthier sources of protein like chicken and fish. Pasta and the like are what's easiest to cut out of your diet.
>>
>>34611931

You have to eat less than your body requires to maintain your current weight, its not going to feel good obviously.
>>
File: 9s33TmQ.jpg (659KB, 1410x3150px) Image search: [Google]
9s33TmQ.jpg
659KB, 1410x3150px
>>34611931
go to fit and read the sticky and chekc out scott herman fitness
>>
>>34611931
A good tip to try out: Start eating on smaller plates.
Might help or not.
>>
Don't fucking skip meals you cuck. If you want to lose weight you need a diet that you'll stick to, torturing yourself isn't how you do that.
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 461x454px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 461x454px
>>34613132
Wanna try again?
And yeah no shit grass has less calories per weight than grains. It also doesn't give you any kind of satiety on its own. You need to top it off with something carrying actually assimilable energy. Whether it's a teaspoon of butter or two slices of whole grain bread is up to you.
>>
>>34612291

>10x more efficiently

Nice broscience, bro.

Seriously these lesser courses and professions should just die already, and leave actual work for medicine and medical professionals.
>>
>tfw 24 hours into a fast and going strong

>see threads like this where people give in within a few hours of not eating

thanks for the extra motivation, i will now extend my fast another 24 hours for the sake of not being a weak willed shit like you
>>
Watch a documentary on Netflix called "fed up". It's worth your while and will motivate you. I'm skinny as shit and even I wanted to start eating healthier. It's gives insight into what makes someone fat.
>>
>>34613313
>let me just take the fattiest type of fish and compare it to the leanest type of rice, that'll show him
Neck yourself.
>>
>>34613310
Fucking this. Fasting is not a diet. Eat, just eat less, and make sure it's food that isn't processed garbage.
>>
>>34613508
>just eat less
No. Eat a lot of vegetables and drink a ton of water to keep your stomach at least somewhat full.
>>
>>34613310
>>34613508
answer >>34612807

marjoram
>>
>>34613313

DONT YOU FUCKING EAT BREAD YOU DUMB IDIOT
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
You do realize you can eat all you want as long as it's vegan and unprocessed (that excludes oils and refined grains also)?
>>
>>34613652
>as long as it's vegan
Oh, so I can stuff 5000kcal of bread into my gut every day? That's nice.
>>
>>34613605
>lowcarbmeme

>>>/fit/
>>
>>34613689

Idiot youre a fucking idiot kill yourself
>>
>>34613689
It works. Carbs of that type are absolutely the easiest to cut out in a diet. Vegetables and protein. I will repeat it a thousand times in this thread alone.
>>
>>34613677
Whole bread? Yes, you can.
>>
>>34613652
Still gotta avoid shit like chips and salsa I'll eat the whole bag and jar my man. But you're close to correct. I've lost 45 pounds so far
>>
>>34613755
>chips and salsa
Nigga that's processed. I said UNPROCESSED.
>>
File: 1.jpg (98KB, 425x360px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
98KB, 425x360px
>>34613707
Lol get mad tubby.
>>
Eat something, nigger. Part of losing weight is learning to appreciate bland, cardboard-esque food instead of shit that tastes good. You're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>34613728
>Carbs of that type are absolutely the easiest to cut out in a diet

Answer >>34612807
>>
>>34613778
Are organic natural chips really considered processed?
>>
>>34613870
If you bake them without a single drop of oil they are fine.
>>
>>34613845
>Answer >>34612807
Sorry, I'm not the same anon. I've lost 25kg, gained back 10kg because life sucks and depression and other excuses. Now losing it again. 110kg to 85, now ~95kg or a little under it.
>>
My diet consists of salmon, brown rice, broccoli, and a baked potato for dinner. I'll have a meal bar for breakfast, and sometimes lunch. I've lost a good amount of weight in the past two months, but god damn is it not hell. I miss cheeseburgers and chips more than anything.
>>
>>34614074
Yeah I've yet to see a lowcarb memer stick with it long term and not yoyo back.
>>
>>34612481
>Honey is also a god-tier sweetener, try to replace sugar with it whenever possible
Honey IS literal sugar, my friend.
>>
>>34614185
I'm not really a low-carb memer though. I eat porridge/oatmeal for breakfast and bread in the evenings. I just don't bother with carbs of that sort during lunch and dinner, because they're just extra calories and I can easily stuff myself with vegetables. The weight I gained back was actually due to conscription, since I ate like shit during my last few months there, then kept at it after I got home and before I realised it, I'd gained weight.
>>
File: popcorn_pepe.jpg (482KB, 1000x1926px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn_pepe.jpg
482KB, 1000x1926px
>>34611931
I was 200lbs and by skipping lunch and dinner for a few months got to 120lbs
>>
>>34612807
>>34613310 is me
So far 15lbs but still losing. Started around Christmas so I could be faster with it. started 215 (and going up pretty quickly) at 200 now. Started going to the gym last week so actual weight will drop slower now, but still losing fat.
>>
>>34611931
>losing weight
>by skipping core meals
Full retard.
Change your meals from shit food to healthier food. Cut out soda and snacks. Exercise more.
Your body NEEDS nutrients. It also needs to spend them.
>>
>>34614074
>15kg
Still fucking sweet, good job anon and keep it up.
>>
>>34611931
dont stop eating, eat less, but frequently

your body NEEDS regularity, otherwise deep survival instincts will kick in to gorge for a long fast, and your body will store fat in anticipation for a lack of food

eat food with little processed sugar
eat it regularly 3-5 times a day
eat small, healthy portions

the weight will fucking just DROP off

even better? make your own food, and make it for multiple meals. too much pasta? put it in a container and heat it up for lunch the next day

you can do it
>>
>>34611931
Why are you skipping meals?

Just have roughly 500 calories a meal. MAKE YOUR FOOD FROM SCRATCH - I ate almost exclusively junk food and packaged food prior to losing weight and was fucking shocked at how I could barely finish a meal made from scratch. I could eat a whole bag of chips but not even eat a slice of a cake I made with fresh ingredients.

Veggies are your friend. You can have cups and cups and cups of broccoli and not even be having a full meal - but youll definitely fill up before that happens. Low-cal veggies will prevent you from being hungry and not ruin your calorie budget. Veggies are God's gift to dieters.
>>
>>34614415
Thanks. Hopefully at some point I'll get a proper gym routine going and won't get shin splints again.
>>
>>34614420
So much wrong in one post it's scary.
>>
>>34611931
just eat 45-60carbs a meal. if that's too low just start higher and slowly decrease. it's like tapering from a drug man.
>>
>>34611931
EAT YOUR FUCKING VEGATABLES AND STOP SNACKING SO GOD DAMN MUCH
>>
You can do it!
The trick is not focusing on the diet or the food but surrounding yourself and preoccupying yourself with things that make you happy/satisfied. Weither that be excersize, friends, dogs, laughing at the termoils of other countrys so you know your own isnt the only one going to hell.
It releases the same chemicals you would get from the food.
Just dont think about it.
And if you slip up, dont stress, self love.
Good luck man!
>>
File: 1474905953493.jpg (18KB, 350x217px) Image search: [Google]
1474905953493.jpg
18KB, 350x217px
>>34611931
try intermittent fasting, legit can barely eat anything nowadays because I feel full really quick, first few days on IF were rough though
>>
Does drinking black coffee really stop your appetite or is it a meme?

Can I drink it with sugar and/or cream?
>>
>>34616384

Yes, coffee is a well known appetite suppressant.
>>
>>34611931
Gregor?
originalo
>>
>Skipping meals
You'll never lose weight that way. If you don't eat your body flushes you with hormones that give you an overwhelming urge to eat. Calories in calories out as a diet is a meme. It's just the mechanism though which you lose weight. If you're skipping meals, eating the same shitty high carb foods as before you'll never keep the weight off, even if you do manage to lose it.
Start cooking your own food (as in actually making it from scratch) and eat things that are high in fat or protein. Cut shit like soda and alcohol completely. They're treats. It's a bit like eating ice cream every day, just stop.
>>
>>34616384
Use a sweetener instead of sugar. Cream is calories, no way around it, use nonfat milk if you can't take your coffee black.
>>
>>34616384 I started drinking black coffee instead of energry drinks a few months ago and I can say it helps alot, instead of a snack I make a cup of coffee and now its replaced lunch as well, besides that caffine speeds up your metabolism which makes it even more efficiant
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.