[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else feels like this book reflects the entirety of his life?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: franz-kafka-the-metamorphosis.jpg (278KB, 401x575px) Image search: [Google]
franz-kafka-the-metamorphosis.jpg
278KB, 401x575px
Who else feels like this book reflects the entirety of his life?
>>
Sort of
No metamorphosis ever took place, though
I started out that way
>>
I'm more of a "The Trial" guy. People keep evolving their ideas to put robots down and everytime robots prove them wrong they come up with something new. Eventually it's just going to lead to our deaths.
>>
>>34611292
Well, I thought of the metamorphosis like a change in a mental way. One day you just realize that everyone treats you like a bug, because you're different, but you accept it kind of.
>>
>>34611294
That's a very interesting point of view, I give you that. Well, Kafka was probably also a robot though he had a wife. I read in one of his letters to his wife how he was obsessed with writing the metamorphosis on a travel by train and he just couldn't stop writing it and felt like he was the protagonist.
>>
>>34611341
>Kafka was probably also a robot though he had a wife
>though he had a wife
>he had a wife
>wife
>robot
>>
>>34611443
Doestoevski was a robot. He had a wife. Maybe you should read a book instead of shitposting about trendies and poo poo pee pee
>>
>>34611443
I wanted to say although. The times have changed. Nowadays it's impossible to get a wife as a robot, but back then..
>>
>>34611315
No I know that
I recognized this from basically the beginning of my life
There was never a point where I suddenly stopped fitting in or doing what I was supposed to do and then was disillusioned about the nature of sociality.
>>
>>34611260
Wow. Guess a lot of us could relate, Kafka included.
>>
>>34611443
If you knew anything about Kafka and Felice Bauer you'd know that his she cucked him then eventually took him to court
>>
>>34611504
>I recognized this from basically the beginning of my life
Did you start to develop a flexible personality so you stil could survive? I did that, but I grew tired of acting like a normie.
>>
Who here /TheCastle/?

>tfw always trying to be a normie
>tfw they always change the definition of normie when I get close
>>
>>34611566
Nope
I basically just retreated as much as possible
>>
>>34611641
>>>/trash/
such a waste my little snail
>>
>>34611260
Literally finished reading this some 20 minutes ago. It was a fun palette cleanser.

I wouldn't compare Samsa's life to being like that of a robot's though. He was an incredibly average yet very decent human being before the metamorphosis (even then he was alright). Spoiler: I will say his death was incredibly satisfying to me. His desire to cease existing immediately came true; makes me fantasise about the same happening to me. CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
>>
>>34611663
>He was an incredibly average yet very decent human being before
and robots aren't?
>>
>>34611315
Yeah, the book reflects my life exactly that way. Around about the age of 12 it felt as I had gained consciousness for the first time in my life, and it was also at that time that I felt completely outcasted by my family.

It really did hit close to home.
>>
>>34611478
Dostoevsky wasn't a robot or a normie. He's ascended the capacity to be placed in either of those categories.
>>
>>34611694
Doesn't seem to --historically speaking-- be the colloquial understanding of what a robot is on this board; granted the meaning has always been up to interpretation and it's gradually changed over the years. A lot of anons seem to adjust the standards of what it means to be a robot so that it fits their personal narrative. But no, I would not say robots are average.
>>
File: TheHungerArtist_1.jpg (552KB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
TheHungerArtist_1.jpg
552KB, 2400x3000px
>>34611260

I like this much better. reccomend
>>
>>34611942
They should make a wiki for this. Okay you seem to be a lot longer on this board than me. I'm originally from [s4s].
>>
>>34611549
>Getting cucked by your wife
Literally the definition of a normie problem
>>
>>34611654
>your little snail
No, I'm my little snail, not yours. Enjoy your fucked up world and the promises you make to yourself of inducing more fucked up change to it. The only way to win is not to play.
>>
File: IMG_2555.jpg (90KB, 1252x964px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2555.jpg
90KB, 1252x964px
>>34611478
>If you were truly enlightened like me you would see how this married man and fabulously successful author was indeed a robot
>>
>>34611443
>>34612053
You clearly don't know shit about Kafka.
>>
>>34612103
I didn't try to offend you, but you could have at least tried to taste the normie world before shitting about it.
>>
>>34612150
I know more than enough to know he wasn't a robot, stop this meme
>>
>>34611260
Probably about 90% of the whole population.
Self-pity isn't exclusive to robots.
>>
>>34612209
Every single one of his works dealt with the frustration of feeling alienated by family, friends, lovers and society. Please bring up an actual point or just stop pretending that you know anything on the subject.
>>
>>34611341
>>34611443
>>34611549
>>34612053
He was never married actually since he called off the wedding. They were engaged but that's it. Kafkas romantic life was mostly letters, he would push women away if they came too close to him.

He'd justified breaking up with Felice with his working habits actually. He would work a full time day job in an insurance company and then write the whole night through. Felice was against that obviously
>>
>>34612540
>Feeling alienated by family, friends, lovers
Are you even listening to yourself right now?
>>
>>34611621
Lol. I understand you got no replies but I get you. The castle is very easy to relate to for me. I thought it was going to be easy to fit in but there is too many layers to dig through and in the end you always end up being wrong in some way.
>>
>>34611260
Kafka was a kike and he had a house in next village where I used to live.
>>
>>34613200
>alienation
>NOT an essential robot dilemma

Are you even listening to yourself right now?
>>
>>34611260
Hunger > the metanorphosis
>>
File: fernando-pessoa.jpg (52KB, 1200x658px) Image search: [Google]
fernando-pessoa.jpg
52KB, 1200x658px
>>34611478

The one true robot was Pessoa.
Read the Book of Disquiet
>>
>>34613811
>Alienation from friends
>Alienation from lovers
Once again, normie problems.
>>
>>34613811
>Robots can have lovers now
Wtf gimme one
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.