[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are robots more intelligent?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

File: 1451276123433.jpg (17KB, 350x334px) Image search: [Google]
1451276123433.jpg
17KB, 350x334px
>be me
>went to psychologist
>confirm that I have mild autism
>also confirm I have 154 IQ

I'll trade 54 of that extra points if I could have a loving family and friends and also not went thru a horrible childhood.
>>
I'm not memeing btw.

orenanggo
>>
I'm curious about this. Are robots on average more intelligent?
>>
>>34608732
No, being a Robot does not make you intelligent.
Being intelligent however makes you far more likely to be a Robot.

Basically many smart people are robots, but not all robots are smart people.
>>
>>34608732
of course, we're to intelligent to not be
>>
>>34608778
Can confirm this.
T. Khv with 134 iq points

But I use drugs to ease my mind from time to time.
>>
>>34608805
Intelligent people are more likely to experiment with drugs recreationally on average anon
>>
>>34608778
This. Robots do not gain special powers upon attaining robot hood. These special powers give one robothood.

Take, for instance, the well-known trope that intelligent people have far more self-doubt than non-intelligent people. This is why normies constantly parrot the "just b urself xD". It's honestly that simple to them. Confidence comes from the inability to rationally consider all the cons and negatives surrounding a situation.

Now, of course, there are dumb robots. Childhood abuse and poverty also create robots along with several other non-intelligence related factors so IQ can not be the only defining factor of a robot.

>t. 145 IQ robro
>>
File: 1486086896855.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1486086896855.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>34608778
>tfw robot brainlet
>>
File: 1486081846032.jpg (9KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1486081846032.jpg
9KB, 238x192px
>>34608840
we ain't never gonna make it robot
>>
>>34608810
I also feel like robots are far more likely to be mentally ill.

Im not... At lest not diagnosed.
But many other robots are. Could there be a connection?
>>
>>34608701
125 iq here.
I am willing to make you more intelligent by giving you the 25.
Just m-make me feel happiness agai
>>
>tfw literally retarded famalam
>>
tfw too smart to have high iq
>>
>>34608778
There is no evidence supporting that robots would be more or less intelligent than average. If you think about it, it doesn't really make sense. Why would being intelligent make you more likely to be a robot? If anything the opposite is logical. Being intelligent means you are more likely to be successful in life.
>>
I think the high IQ and mild autism is what kept me from having friends as a kid. I could never relate to any of my peers. I shit you not I had a small notebook where I kept a list of how to react and speak when prompted with a certain question or social situation. It even had difficulty points and shit. Jesus.. I'm having flashbacks as I'm writing this..fuck
>>
>>34608813
>Confidence comes from the inability to rationally consider all the cons and negatives surrounding a situation.

I ditto this. oregano peperino
>>
>>34608910

http://www.gnxp.com/blog/2007/04/intercourse-and-intelligence.php
>higher IQ = more likely to be virgin

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/143009/20160322/people-with-fewer-friends-tend-to-be-intelligent-study.htm
>higher IQ = more likely to have few/no friends
>>
>>34608978
thanks for confirming my theories. I'm off to kill some brain cells with CO
>>
>>34608701
Nobody smart would voluntarily browse this cesspit of self defeat and wasted time.
Nobody.
>>
>>34609019

If you cant even use google yourself, you might want to reconsider killing your brain cells...
>>
>>34609051
tfw too intelligent to use google
>>
>>34608813
>Confidence comes from not being intelligent

What a pitiful claim. The exact opposite is true. If you are intelligent you will have confidence in your intelligence.
>>
>>34609542
>what a pitiful claim
>>
>>34609683
That sure is undeniable scientific proof. Just another pathetic "I'm not confident because I'm smart and perceptive" excuse.
>>
>>34608701
Yes. Normies aren't even capable of self-awareness.
>>
>>34609752
>le robots are self-aware meme

If you were you'd do something about your life.
>>
>>34609736
>hasn't read Bukowski
>claims to be intelligent

KEK get out of here brainlet
>>
>>34609823
>implying i'm not
Robots are aware of the sad semblance of life that they live, but usually lack the drive to fix it. Normies just live their entire lives with no understanding of their actions or motivations.
>>
Here are all the reasons why IQ is bullshit
1. the ability to memorize specific facts usually rooted in mathematics doesn't prove intellect it proves education

2. it doesn't test creativity, ingenuity, speed of improvisation, tactics, the list goes on and on, strategy, etc

3. I took an iq test walked away in the middle of it for like 3 minutes got back and got an average iq of 107.
>>
>>34609891
Im not him and I love Bukowski, but hell to say that he was intelligent?
He was just a good writer, if even that. But he was stupid as shit.
>>
>>34609823
They aren't the same thing fucktard.
>>
>>34610089
Writing (ESPECIALLY good writing) is probably one of the higher IQ skills
>>
If you were intelligent you would have learned to be socially competent and recognize when you're being a turbosperg.
>>
>>34608701
High IQ often correlates with social awkwardness. Though just because you are socially awkward doesn't mean you are intelligent.
>>
>>34610566
Does it really? Proofs?
>>
>>34608701
Well if the 'stupidity makes happy' thing really is true, then we should be pretty intelligent.
>>
>>34608701
>I'll trade 54 of that extra points if I could...
THIS. All over, everyday, every time.
THIS was the decision that I made 10 years ago when I started smoking weed.
That I would gladly give up some of my IQ points in exchange for more happiness.

It didn't make me happy per se, but it made me a lot less sad, and I feel like that was a fair trade.
I don't even smoke weed so much anymore, so I can study computer stuff, just as a hobby.
But, I still feel good about my life. I'm not "happy" but, I feel good about my life.
Now, if I ever feel bad, I can just take a couple days off from work, spark up, and relax.

I don't recommend weed to others, either for or against. But, it was exactly what I needed, and that's good enough for me.
>>
>>34609542
You sound extremely confident there, Bucky Boy.
>>
>>34608910
Can I join you under that rock?...

I'll bring snacks and we can watch movies
>>
>>34610916
>intelligent people are likely to be successful
>robots are failures

And robots are intelligent because...?
>>
>>34610650
>intelligence and anxiety
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3269637/
Though finding actual case studies is fairly hard and I don't really wan't to quote things like
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150413-the-downsides-of-being-clever
But I will anyway! Anyhow STEM students usually have high iqs and they are generally considered to be more awkward on avarage (it varies massively being in STEM doesn't stop you from being very socially proficient but those stereotypes exist for a reason. IQ itself is not exactly a sham but even 4 year olds (I am going to use a black girl as an example) can have very high iq and that certainly does not mean she would be "smarter" than your avarage 20 something with 100 or so iq.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2380978/Toddler-Anala-Beevers-boasts-IQ-145-Mensas-newest-member.html
>>
>>34610399

Thats not how this works mate. Social competence is solely a matter of being able to intuitively (in other words, without rational and deliberate thought) sense the feelings of others while you are interacting with them and adjust your speech, body language and actions in order to properly connect with the other person or persons. This is instinctual and intuitive behaviour, its not a skill that can be learnt to any meaningful capacity. You can work out some of your autistic traits, but in the end being socially awkward and unable to intuitively pick up on the feelings of others are impossible to overcome.

You are just insecure about your intelligence and are picking on an easy target to make yourself feel better. Here is my advice to you, be happy with what you have. You may not be smart, but your average to below average iq will get you much further if you are able to properly leverage it with good social skills.
>>
>>34608701
Maybe have we just realized that the life is full of constant pain and stress while others did not.
We cant see a real 'goal' because we know that all our actions will have no real impact in the big picture.
That fills us with doubt, about ourself and our decisions in life.
People that dont think about there actions and dont want to see the full picture just do whatever they want.

They dont see that the actions that they have taken could have been stupid or embarrasing.
That would infact make them happier, because they never regret anything and are happy with what they got.
>>
>>34608910

>Being intelligent means you are more likely to be successful in life.

No it doesnt. Being intelligent actually makes you less likely to be conventionally succesful in life (having power, wealth, women etc etc). What is true however is that people who are conventionally succesful in life are more likely to have an above average IQ than not. Two completely different things.
>>
>>34610998
Said by the insecure social recluse who tries to tell himself "I have social anxiety because I'm so intelligent!"

You're not very intelligent.
>>
>>34611040
Got any sources for that claim? Intelligent people are less likely to be successful in life? Wtf?
>>
>>34611059
He said in a conventional way, not in general.
It ofc can help in politics etc.
>>
>>34611092
That doesn't make his claim any less bullshit.
>>
>>34610979
What is a lack of motivation?
What are feelings of personal inadequacy?
What is personal weakness?
What is sloth?
What is resentment of the world, and how does it drive people into reclusion out of spite?
What are being shamed and demotivated?
What does it mean to be shunned?
What is it called when people steal credit for your work and succeed in your place because you're too autistic to fight back?
What is autism?
What are social development disorders?
What is self loathing?
What is paranoia that interferes with success?

I'd keep going, but I might wedge open and shatter that narrow world view of yours.

You seem to lack empathy.
You seem to be unable to identify with things that don't fit into your personal experiences.
You seem to be unable to look at things from a perspective outside your own or research factors that you haven't considered or encountered.
You seem to be failing in this social setting.
I bet you think you're smart, too.
>>
>>34611042

Judging by the fact that you are getting incredibly defensive its a fair assumption to be made that you are (very) insecure. All im telling you is that you dont have to be insecure about not being smart, as thats not the reason why you are unsuccesful. Its much more likely to be a lack of social skills or an inability to properly leverage them, lack of self control, lack of organization skills, and the list goes on, but intelligence isnt one of them.

There are clear facts here, and you choose to deny them because they make you feel bad. You make of that what you will, but that doesnt sound like a smart person to me.

As for me, i got tested at 138 IQ with a real test (not one of the 5 minute online ones).
>>
>>34611110
With actual intelligence none of those are an issue. You can overcome them easily. That is just a pitiful meme list of excuses.

>I-I-I-I'm smart but lazy!

No you're not.
>>
I'm really not a fan of this sentiment of "intelligent people are less likely to be successful/happy/etc." because it's just a means to excuse one's failures.

>I'm just too smart to be happy or enjoy things

Hey, it's great you're intelligent, but don't use it as a crutch as if you're an unthinking agent that can't do things.
>>
>>34608701
No. I've been a robot my whole life and i'm a stupid retarder motherfucker piece of shitty trash mouthbreather dumb fuck. My IQ is probably around 85 or less. I suck at everything you can possibly think about, especially math.
>>
File: ADRH.png (253KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
ADRH.png
253KB, 645x773px
>>34610870
YOU FUCKING UNGRATEFUL BRAINCHAD. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCKKKK
>>
>>34611059

Unfortunately i cant find it right now but i read a study that claimed that intelligent people are less succesful because of a few factors, which include, amongst others, disinterest in pursuing material gain and aquisition of power, self doubt because of hyperawareness of the chances of failure (another anon said this as well) and being held back by mental illnesses like depression (this significantly decreases intrinsic motivation which is one of the most important factors in success)
>>
>>34611200
Have you ever taken a test?

And when I say test, I am talking about a real test. Not some online 'test your iq here xDDD' test.
Even though the internet test I made was really close to the real test that ive made.
Only 1 point diffrence.

You might be smarter then you thing you are.
I was forced to take the test because the people thought im retardet...
Turned out im way above average.
>>
>>34611145

If you seriously think that you can change heavily ingrained personality traits with intelligence then you are even more stupid than i thought you were.
>>
>>34611145
So, you DO believe that intelligence guarantees success?

Do you think that intelligence is the only factor in personal success?
Do you believe that intelligent people don't fail?
Do you think that there's only one form of personal success, or are there more?
What are YOUR personal criteria for personal success?
Maybe people don't hold themselves to the same criteria that you do. Their bar may be set lower than yours, or higher.
What do you think of stupid people who succeed in life.
What do you think of Paris Hilton?
What do you think of Tara Reid?
What do you think of Robin Williams?
He was intelligent, AND successful by many criteria, but he still failed in life in the more general sense.
Do you think that intelligence and personal strength are the same thing? How do you think they're related?

I'm genuinely curious for you to explain to me what your notions concerning failure being tantamount to unintelligence are.
I've inferred from every statement that I attribute to you that you believe that anyone who is truly intelligent will be successful. I want to know what you think of personal opportunity and the factor it plays in personal success. What is the formula for success?

What do you think of Galileo?
Gregor Mendel?
Edgar Poe?

These are people whose works only saw admiration and reverence AFTER they died, miserable failures. What do you think of them? Did they fail in life because they weren't intelligent?
>>
>>34611279
Why bother, those tests probably have a lot of math and difficult mathematical problems, and i have dyscalculia. If i score less than 80 i would probably get so depressed that i might end up killing myself. So i would rather not know my real IQ, just to protect my sanity.
>>
>>34608732
I made a thread a while ago asking people for their SAT scores. They were quite high. No idea if they were made up.
>>
>>34611240
Intelligent people are more likely to be depressed, alcoholic, and so on. That has been shown by studies. But less successful? Fuck no.
>>
>>34611304
Intelligence makes it more likely to be successful. The fact that you went on a long nonsensical rant shows you're just one of those people who thinks he's very intelligent but a failure in life because of intelligence.
>>
>>34609683
The fuck? Confidence is like a muscle that you have to train and build up upon, some people gain it more naturally than others. This is just an arrogant excuse for lack of confidence.
>>
>>34611648
I never claimed to be intelligent.
I never claimed to be successful or a failure.
These are suppositions you are making about me in place of relevant points or assertions pertinent to the topic of discussion.

Now, you're just making derogatory comments about me and my self perceptions because you have no relevant points to make.
You're also backtracking and only half stating your earlier position.

Stand firm on your previous claims that nobody here can be intelligent because they're not successful.
You implied that success is a true measure of intelligence, and that personal failure is proof that one is not intelligent.

Back up those implications. Or, don't. Personally attacking me isn't an argument.
>>
File: 1482605084849.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482605084849.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
What is it like to be intelligent?
>>
>>34612519
in my childhood felt like shit, my parents wouldn't accept less than an A
>>
File: back.jpg (143KB, 800x625px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
143KB, 800x625px
Would you trade 84 points for, beautiful black skin, lustrous curls, and a sick gift of flow?
>>
>tfw 19 and others say i'm very inteligent
>not studying
>not working
>only thing I look forward to in life is having experiences and cool stories to tell
>making music all day but i'm shit at promoting because honesty

oh yeah so "succesful"
>>
They have you such a high number to lift your self-esteem. In reality IQ numbers above 120 are extremely rare.
>>
>>34608701
Actually attractive people are smart and ugly people are stupid. Robots are less intelligent
>>
File: tumblr_o7ynd1F1oA1rvc0qxo1_500.jpg (189KB, 800x965px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7ynd1F1oA1rvc0qxo1_500.jpg
189KB, 800x965px
>>34608903
i kek'd my senpai senpai
>>
>>34609963
Real IQ tests don't require the memorization of facts. I don't know what IQ test you were taking, but IQ tests question you with things like... matching shapes to other shapes, looking for patterns in numbers, determining which words don't match, that sort of thing. Like, they don't feel like a real test. It's not quizzing people on algebra or anything like that.
>>
>>34612149
Confidence is accepting that you cannot be yourself, and acting upon this fact whether it is learned or one is indoctrinated.
>>
>>34613220
But don't you feel that you're more capable or learn faster than most even noww?
>>
>>34613421
Really? I mean, I guess the gifted class only had about 10-12 students max from 5 different schools now that I think about it, but I thought 120 was like the standard with above being somewhat common.
>>
>>34613448

Do you have anything to back this up with?
>>
>>34613448

>IQ numbers above 120 are extremely rare.

You have no idea how IQ works do you? Approximately 1 in 12.5 people has an IQ over 120.
>>
>>34613554

100 is average, 15 is SD. 70 is retarded.
>>
>>34613558
On phone right now so hard to pull up. If you want proof google iq and attractiveness. Ugly people are stupid and dangerous. Beautiful people dominate everything. Even among scientists the Most beautiful people are the leaders
>>
>>34613598

>Can't post link on phone

You must be ugly.
>>
OP, do you have a sister?
>>
>>34613598

If you make a claim the onus to prove it is on you, not me. A quick google search gave me no reputable sources (some online newspapers only, who are about as reliable as my ass), so your theory is void until you can back it up with a good source.
>>
>>34608810
Bullshit. 99% of the normie population experiments with just about every drug under the sun. I bet you experimented recreationally with multiple drugs and are now telling yourself that you're intelligent and are associating the frequency of recreational drug use with intelligence
>>
Robots are more intelligent at losing.
>>
>tfw my IQ would probably be in the 130's if I wasn't so mad at math
Like I failed pre-calc in uni
>>
>>34613663
>tfw to intelligant to win
>>
>>34608701
Where do people get their IQ tested?
I feel like I shouldn't care since it's not that important, but I would be interested in knowing what I'd get.
>>
>>34611344
No, the test I remember doesn't quiz people on difficult math problems because that doesn't determine the IQ of someone who has never been taught math.
>>
>>34613659

i dunno man, i'm not the guy you replied to but when i smoked weed everyday, my friends who are more normie did not smoke alone because they didn't like it, I did "experiment" with it a lot on my own, I liked it, to see how my brain would react, listen to weird music, or mix my own while high

it was fun
>>
>>34613721
I got only got tested because a sibling had a high IQ, and the school was curious. It kind of stopped with no child left behind because suddenly picking out students to test based on the idea they might be gifted was considered a disadvantage to the students who were not considered potentially gifted. In both our cases, we were pulled out of class to be tested in a room in the school office. We were not told why we were doing what we were asked to do.
>>
I also need sleep because I only got 1 1/2 hours last night, forgive the double words in >>34613781.
>>
>>34613781
so the school was curious and because of that they made you take an IQ test without telling you what it was... seems unethical to me but whew what do I know I'm just a sperg who got bullied back in school while the school did nothing. fucking schools I'm telling you
>>
>>34614743

>Unethical to make kids do tests in school

Wut?
>>
File: 1485915707272.png (6KB, 326x401px) Image search: [Google]
1485915707272.png
6KB, 326x401px
>>34613680
>tfw my IQ would probably be in the 130's if I wasn't so stupid
>>
>>34609542
>confidence in your intelligence

that's not what people mean when they say "be confident!"
>>
>>34614831
unethical because the school had no other reason than being curious (acting on a whim) and second because they did not tell him they were testing his IQ. Some people want to have the least possible number of official tests attached to their name and might object especially to an IQ test, so that knowing some double to triple digit number does not influence their decision making process in the future
>>
File: 1485884802473.jpg (19KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485884802473.jpg
19KB, 225x225px
>>34608701
>tfw 148 iq wasted
>>
my iq is wasted (something like 135 to 145) bc I'm joining the military anyways~
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.