[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here besides me actually depressed, or are you guys

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 14

File: mfw.jpg (359KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
359KB, 640x640px
Is anyone here besides me actually depressed, or are you guys all just memeing because it's cool to be sad these days?
>>
can i assist you in your suicide it'd be really fun for me
>>
>>34605825
ive been depressed for give or take 5 or so years. not a meme. i dont do it for attention. im probably mentally ill
>>
>>34605825
How would one distinguish depression in others. Spoilers; you fucking can't, you presumptuous damp sack of cum.
>>
>>34605831
If you were a true sadist you'd try to save me; because everyday is pain as I try to gather enough willpower just to leave bed.

Besides I don't trust you not to fuck it up (like everything you do).
>>
>>34605825
I hate people who are depressed for attention, and also people who assume all depressed people are depressed for attention.

The layers of irony and shitposting are what masks this depression, and relieves our suffering.
>>
I'm depressed but the whole of 4chan thinks girls can't be depressed.
Idek
>>
>>34605876
Girls can actually feel derpression, contrary to popular belief - but there are many different types of depression, all of them needing different methods of treatment (or in some cases, there isn't much you can do)

As an example, there is loneliness / isolation depression, caused by a lack of oxytocin release from social interaction and bonding - these are your cuddle/waifu types.

There is the angry at life type, that have been betrayed and hurt by normalfags - these are the majority of the chad/stacy posters you will see.

There is the superdepressed nihilistic existiential depression, which will usually actually post decent content, under 10 trillion layers of irony.

And so on.

Girls can be depressed - gender doesn't really stop anything (Look at the trap threads!)
>>
>>34605876
>>34605926
Also tits or gtfo.
>>
>>34605825
People who use depression to get attention aren't really depressed. Real depressed people keep it to themselves.
>>
>>34605956
Not everyone who is depressed does not express their feelings of depression. Overall attention seeking can be seen as a ploy for help in some depressed people, or simply a way to express themselves and make themselves feel better for a while.

Get a life, bin that knife.
>>
File: 1473767875674.png (8KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1473767875674.png
8KB, 225x224px
>>34605825
I wouldn't say I'm clinically depressed, but I am sad. I'm at the lowest point in my entire 18 years of living, and I just wanna get out of here. I just got out of school about late last year and tried to get a job as a programmer nut got fired for always being late, and then I tried finding another one but just couldn't. Now I'm at home being a lonely neet doing nothing productive while all my friends are at uni doing something with their lives. It feels bad man!
>>
>>34605966
pretty much in the same place senpai, ausfag as well?
>>
>>34606029
Give the details of your situation.
>>
>>34605926
I think I'm a combination of all 3 reasons but mostly 1 and 3. I always knew I was destined for hard time in life, I just didn't know my head would fuck me up as well
>>
>>34606042
>19
>finished yr 12 in late 2015
>realise just how autistic and NEET i am without hs but w/e
>got into uni, and comfy job within couple of months of uni
>already have drug dependency issues cause of anxiety and depression
>almost overdose three times at work
>call too many sick days and get fired
>back to being lonely neet, prob going to drop out of uni
>back in same place i was last year

cycle is just going to repeat itself but I plan on killing myself by or before 25 anyways. Not really in same place i guess? but somewhat relatable i guess?
>>
File: 1485938460559[2].png (581KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
1485938460559[2].png
581KB, 762x464px
Depression is a meme you faggots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZCZkekxxg&t=1s
>>
>>34606186
At least you got into uni. I didn't even make it there.
>>
>>34606216
meant uws college, share same campus with uni students so pretty much just say uni so normies won't look down on me
>>
>>34606259
Oh ok we can relate.
>>
IDLENESS BREEDS DEPRESSION

DO SOMETHING

KEEP YOUR MIND WORKING AND OFF YOUR "DEPRESSION"
>>
>>34605825
I feel like I'm violating the spirit of this board.
I have a gf, but I spend pretty much every waking moment thinking about the fact that I want to die, unironically.
>>
File: 1474749450621.jpg (663KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
1474749450621.jpg
663KB, 1564x1564px
>>34605825
im depressed too pal its really hard to bring myself to do anything
>>
File: women ronery 5.jpg (9KB, 891x67px) Image search: [Google]
women ronery 5.jpg
9KB, 891x67px
>>34605876
I dont doubt they can become depressed,
just not for reasons we could find relatable.
maybey you feel just as bad or worse as us maybey, but jesus fuck take it somewhere else , the whole of society bends over backward to coddle women, you have literally the rest of the internet to show you sympathy
we just have small niche places in the corners of the web and really dont need you to push your fucking problems we can not possibly understand or comprehend,
its like someone who's morbidly obese trying to explain their problem to a starving child in africa
it just doesn't work.
>>
>>34606391
What if our problem is that you hate us in general? I'm sure you can understand that.
I come here to remind myself what men think of us so I don't accidently get too hopeful about a man I date before getting let down.
It's be great for that.
>>
>>34605926
>tfw have all those types of depression you listed

i want to die senpai
>>
>>34606575
>What if our problem is that you hate us in general? I'm sure you can understand that.
No I cannot,
I do not go to tumblr or whatever other fem oriented site there are out there,
Im well aware of what women at those sites think of us , and frankly
I dont care
its their world and none of my business.
>>
>>34606300
>It's a "moron on the internet thinks he has magically solved depression" episode
>>
>>34605825
I'm not depressed and I believe only the weak get depressed (or the attention seeking whore but it isn't true depression).
For me, I am not happy, neither unhappy, I watch life flowing by while being distant. I have achieved stoicism.
>>
>>34606689
You've achieved nothing.
>>
>>34606598
And what do you think of us?
And I don't mean you on 4chan. I mean in GENERAL.
I suppose it's logical that you can't understand since you have no real regard for us while we actually fall in love with men. So the weight being hated by who you love is lost on you.
>>
>>34606710
For you.
I don't care about any material desire nor am driven by greed.
I just live and it's enough for me.
>>
>>34606755
>we actually fall in love with men.

You fall in love with men because men actually give you a chance to fall in love.
If robots don't care about women (not true anyway, most faggots here put pussy on a pedestal, even if they talk a different game) you have only women to blame.
>>
>>34606767
Just living isn't an achievement. Either contribute or gtfo.
>>
>>34606784
>Just living isn't an achievement.
it is in some countries
>>
>>34606784
>Either contribute or gtfo.

Or what, you're going to throw your MLP collection at him?
>>
If it is negative energy you are dealing with then I would direct you to this thread >>34605872
>>
>>34606755
>. So the weight being hated by who you love is lost on you.
what the shit!?
do you honestly think they kind of men that you go after are the same guys here?
>>
>>34606789
>there are starving children in Africa
I get it mom, but in what country do you reside?
>>
>>34606784
What is an achievement for you?
Are you happy or unhappy ?
If you don't feel fulfilled, you have nothing to say to me.
You would be like the fish who dreams to fly.
>>
>>34606817
>but in what country do you reside?
Gensokyo
>>
>>34606795
>or what
Nothing. He will die without contributing anything to the world.
>>
>>34606798
Yes but worse due to sexual frustration.
I believe all men hate women either openly or subconsciously.
>>
>>34606853
>He will die without contributing anything to the world.

What about you?
Wageslaving is contributing ?
And what worth is contribution ?
The planet is just a big lump of rock, it doesn't need contribution.
>>
>>34606782
Blame for what?
And that's just it. You put PUSSY on a pedestal. My personhood is not my vagina you absolute plebes.
>>
>>34606818
Just as a for instance; I'm an artist, self taught. When I complete a project I feel fulfilled, I have achieved my vision, I've completed my goal. I have HUNDREDS of pieces that I did just as I was learning, nobody will ever see them, they exist only to me, yet I feel the same sense of achievement form those as I do from the ones that are bought/showed. Do you know why?
>>
>>34606841
Lel gotcha
>>
>>34606888
Checked. Pls see >>34606915
>>
>>34606915
>Do you know why?
Because you like painting.
There's no need to make things complicated.
You either do things because you like it or you need it for your survival.
Nothing else matter.
>>
File: 1305543285379.png (50KB, 276x194px) Image search: [Google]
1305543285379.png
50KB, 276x194px
>>34606905
>Blame for what?
For us not giving a shit.

>You put PUSSY on a pedestal. My personhood is not my vagina you absolute plebes.
Take it with the robots who start "femanon threads" then, not me. And yes, your vagina (or rather, your sex) is your personhood, you've literally crashed in a male-oriented board just to say "BUT WAD ABOT DE WIMINZ".
>>
>>34606978
I was explaining to you why I'd come here at all.
You just sem to be too dense to see anything from anyone elses perspective without a meme.
>>
>>34605825
Depression is subjective :/
Normies can be depressed, but they could be less of a problem than yours

But no, to answer your question, I'm not depressed, I'd say I'm past that for now since classes started. Still get occasional bouts of sadness
>>
>>34607017
>I was explaining to you why I'd come here at all.

Yes I got it, doesn't change that's exactly what you did.
>>
>>34606978
Also your sex isn't your entire personhood. It's just part of many many things that shape you.
>>
>>34606934
That's pretty reductive, don't you think? The modern world is mighty complicated, it takes alot to be able to know where you fit.
>>
>>34607039
Men don't need to give me a "chance".
I can love someone for who they regardless of whether or not they spend an iota of their time or attention on me.
I just come here to remind myself of how little men think of us.
>>
Hang in a minute fellas I think this anon >>34607083 is a girl.
>>
>>34607057
>The modern world is mighty complicated
Because pedantic people like to make things overcomplicated.
Sometimes being reductive is a good thing lad.
And I don't care about fitting, whether I fit or not isn't important, I'll stay myself and if I don't naturally fit, no need to stay.
>>
File: 1296982007433.jpg (20KB, 364x344px) Image search: [Google]
1296982007433.jpg
20KB, 364x344px
>>34607096
Do you have a single fact to back that up mister?
>>
>>34605825
No, I was legitimately diagnosed when my mom forced me to go to the doctor against my will while I was sixteen.
>>
>>34605865
Then how do therapists diagnose you? The point is some doctor decided what depression looked like and told all the other doctors to look for that in other people.

Sounds kind of depressing when you think about it, tho. People only trust doctors, and doctors trust other doctors, all the way up the doctor food chain to the Big Cheese doc, why does he decide your mental health from the grave? Beats me

Yes I know this argument has flaws.
>>
>>34605825
Yeah. Pretty much dead inside with a bleak outlook on life
>>
>>34607120
I'd hazard to say technology kinda muddied the water, as it always has, making life more convenient while complicating the bare boned definition of "survival."

You're very welcome not to stay, that would be an achievement in its self. Atleast you'd be choosing a path to walk instead of standing in one spot insisting that you couldn't possibly care about getting anywhere. It's the "gtfo" part of "contribute or gtfo".
>>
>>34607125
I'm pretty sure I smell menstruation. Any you boys smell menstruation?
>>
>>34607193
>You're very welcome not to stay
Yeah, but it's hard as fuck to do that.
I need to buy land big enough so I can grow crops and have a water supply too.
And even if I manage to live on my own, they will disturb my peace every year to tax me.
>>
>>34607238
It's funny the nonsensical things a person has to do just to survive, eh? Now imagine you were able to do that solely with the application of skills you taught yourself. It'd be pretty sweet, huh, being able to survive on skills alone. It's because I "like to paint" that I'm able to survive.
>>
>>34607278
>Now imagine you were able to do that solely with the application of skills you taught yourself

M8, I know all the flora of my area (biologist), I know the soil, what crop need what mineral. I also know how to build a cabin and the basis of physics and chemicals. So I could make some watermill to get electricity.
The only things I couldn't get in my place are some metals needed for making batteries.
I even know the basics of smithing.

Please don't assume everyone is as helpless in the wilderness than you are.
>>
>>34607340
Nigga you completely missed the point. I'm saying I've used my passion of visual expression to carve out a bit of fulfilled survival, just as you would use your knowledge/passion of living off the land to do the same.
I'm saying, because technology has obscured what survival means, a person can survive because of their passion or unique skillsets beyond toiling the land.
>>
>>34607402
>I'm saying I've used my passion of visual expression to carve out a bit of fulfilled survival

Oh, I see, sorry I jumped on my high horse a bit fast.
But I believe technology isn't eternal and the more complex it becomes, the less people would be able to understand it.
Just to compare, ask yourself how many people knew how to repare a car 50 years ago when it was all mechanical.
Now that the cars got a lot of electronical components, almost nobody know how to handle it.
And survival in the society is easy, just look here, you don't need skill to be a NEET and yet you're able to survive.
>>
I don't know if I'm depressed or not.
I mean based on the tests, yes. Based on I guess my symptoms, yeah probably.
But I guess I just don't think this is a mental illness. More like I'm going through a shitty time, or have been for a while. Idk.
I guess what I'm saying is I feel depressed, but not sure that means there is something wrong with me. Like it's a battle I've got to fight, I've got to climb out of this abyss
I don't know
>>
I was for 8 years, then managed to stop it. I still have no reason to live though so I often think about if it's a good idea to end it early but it doesn't make me sad or anything if I can find a reason I'm fine with living till the end.
>>
File: bunnies on the prowl.jpg (564KB, 1280x1816px) Image search: [Google]
bunnies on the prowl.jpg
564KB, 1280x1816px
>>34606841
not a safe place for a young boy
>>
>>34607501
>sorry I jumped on my high horse a bit fast
No worries, it happens.

>the more complex it becomes, the less people would be able to understand it
Exactly, that complicated machinery is there to provide convenience.
>making life more convenient while complicating the bare bones definition of "survival"
You don't need all those fancy gadgets to survive, but you might need a car to transport you to and from work. It's a microcosm for society, you don't need the complications, but those complicated components are a facet of your survival.

Let's take NEETS
>And survival in the society is easy, just look here, you don't need skill to be a NEET and yet you're able to survive.
It's easy for a NEET to survive on a very superficial level, but take a step back and look at all the complicated shit that has to happen in society TO ensure their survival. All the wagies grinding away, all the politics at work, all the social red tape to qualify. It's a big, complicated system just to provide that NEET comfort and survival.
>>
File: 1483939129437.jpg (29KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483939129437.jpg
29KB, 417x500px
Yeah. Ever since 2011/2012. Just started going with a therapist. As a matter of fact, today i have an appointment with her, but to be honest, i feel that psychology is meme and doesn't work at all. I went as a child and the therapist seriously said to my parents that yu gi oh cards were giving me nightmares because of the back of the cards that had like a spin, total bullshit, ever since then i dont trust therapists. But at least it gives me the opportunity to actually speak to someone once a week.
>>
>>34605825
Mountain goats are such a shit fucking band. I hate this numale
>>
>>34606316
can I get the rights to your girl when you kys anon ?
Nihilism is getting to me
I need help
>>
Both. I'm depressed but I like to make jokes about that and myself.
Making people laugh makes me a little bit happier.
>>
File: 1482185219874.jpg (581KB, 1948x3059px) Image search: [Google]
1482185219874.jpg
581KB, 1948x3059px
in therapy for 2 years like the fucking normie i am.
>>
File: 1482181613348.jpg (472KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482181613348.jpg
472KB, 1920x1200px
>>34610756
oh, bipolar II on lithium and antidepressants
>>
File: depression.jpg (161KB, 740x746px) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
161KB, 740x746px
diagnosed depressed for more than half my life, memes are the best way that i've learned to cope with it unfortunately. turning it into a joke makes it slightly easier to process

(oh, also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskFjbHu_W0, because that shirt)
>>
>>34605825
Pictured man is John Greene's long-lost evil twin.

Depression is super-common. Sophistication is cool. Sophisticated people are often depressed for some reason. But I don't think that depression is itself cool.
>>
>>34610756
Tell me when you have been in therapy for 90 percent of your entire life you beta
>>
>>34607583
H O T
O
T
sauce pls
>>
File: 1483267185226.jpg (71KB, 750x714px)
1483267185226.jpg
71KB, 750x714px
>>34605825
/Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder/ here.
>>
>>34605825
I'm actually depressed, I can't remember a time when I wasn't depressed. I do have mood swings where I might feel okay for half a day or so but then go right back to depression again
>>
>>34605825
I dont know if i would say im depressed, because my energy is high and i have a lot of happy moments throughout the day. But i do cut myself and constantly think about dying and i have soul crushing waves whenever i think about certain things but im usually pretty good at distracting myself. I think im just crazy
>>
File: 1486011617047.png (213KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1486011617047.png
213KB, 680x680px
>>34605825
I feel like everyone but me is just memeing these days, people constantly complain about being sad/depressed/whatever, then you find out they have friends a gf or whatever or at least had them in the past and now they're just in a slump acting like it's their whole life. I've never had any of that shit (friends/gf or literally anyone who cares about me) and I feel like I can't relate to anyone because I know their just memeing because it's the cool thing to do these days.
>>
>>34605825
Life is just shit senpai, were all depressed.
I try to hide it though
>>
I am depressed. Don't enjoy anime, video games, or music anymore. Have to fake being happy around my only friend, and girlfriend. I do my best to stay away from them and my family. I don't know what I want in this life.
>>
I was clinically diagnosed when I was a kid because I was right in the middle of my parents' divorce. Lost all desire to get out of bed and exercise, sheltered myself in my room and played vidya at every waking moment. Still do today. Vidya became my coping method since then so it's under control now, but if I get really sad then the symptoms come right back. Loss of appetite, feelings physically sick for no reason, and losing all desire to do anything. All of my emotions have been dampened so i'm at a constant monotone state and any major events (good or bad) have much less effect than they should.
>>
>>34612630
>girlfriend
>depressed
Kill yourself please you ungrateful piece of shit.
>>
>>34606316
>I have a gf, but I spend pretty much every waking moment thinking about the fact that I want to die, unironically.
How does this happen? How can you have people who love you and still want to die?
>>
>>34605825
I'm sorry, i'm memeing a bit. I'm just a sadboy that wants to be a kid forever. But there are people out there suffering from real depression. Not self diagnosed bullshit, but acutal sickness. And no one bothers to really help them, just pump their brains full of prozac.
>>
>>34605825
hey guys. i've been depressed for about 3,5 years. i feel really different now, it's not over, but i now see thing really more in perspective, and i feel i'm getting more in control. i wanna be honest, i feel somehow like i was fine, to be then broken and now a whole again even thoug a whole made out of pices (i think i'll be forever damaged in some way, but also wiser) but wounds are different from scars, and i think i'll make it. you're gonna make it brother.
>>
>>34612445
I know how that feels. Even this thread is full of them.
>>
>>34605825
I don't know that I'm actually depressed in the clinical sense, but I was definitely having a lot of suicidal thoughts before I started taking antidepressants.
>>
>>34613440
Do they really help? I would have started taking them, but I feel like nothing can fix how defective I am.
>>
>>34613529
I mean I'm still pretty defective, but at least I don't fantasize about hanging myself several times an hour.
>>
>>34613548
>hanging myself several times an hour
Holy shit, thats pretty fucking often. I would probably do the same in your situation
>>
>>34605825

No I've been diagnosed with literal clinical depression. I'm pretty for sure it's been this way for my whole life too.

Depression isn't sadness, depression is when your body and brain chemistry prevents you from even feeling happiness in the first place, even when you're supposed too. It saps all your will power and motivation away with it.
>>
>>34613702
I mean I fantasized several times an hour about hanging myself, not that I fantasized about hanging myself and then hanging myself again less than an hour later. Just in case that was unclear.
>>
>>34613825
Nah,I got what you meant. I just fucked up the quote.
>>
>>34613849
okay cool
definitely get some antidepressants if you're feeling depressed or suicidal, though. Fluoxetine was fucking magic for me.
>>
>>34613872
I dunno, I'll look into it. I just feel like its just a temporary solution to a permanent problem.
>>
>>34614049
They'll keep working as long as you keep taking them. That said, getting a therapist might also be a good idea.
>>
>>34614158
>That said, getting a therapist might also be a good idea.
Already tried it, just made me feel even worse. I'll look into getting some antidepressants tho.
>>
>>34614218
They were probably a shit therapist
>>
>>34614224
Yeah, don't really think others will be much differen't. They all have pretty much the same education.
>>
>>34605825
I'm not really depressed, but I think the way I'm living is heading towards a dangerous path of alcohol and loneliness.
I'm scared of the future, I'm scared of depression
>>
>>34614309
They're different people, though, with different personalities. I'd keep trying.
>>
>>34614373
Normies are still normies tho. No matter what they will just keep perpetuating the just world falacy and saying shit like "you need to be more confident", "everyone is special", "how do you expect someone else to love you when you dont love yourself" etc etc
>>
>>34614484
They're not all normies, though. Just keep trying different ones until you find one who seems to get you.
>>
>>34614562
I appreciate the advice, but I honestly dont have the energy or money to go thorugh.dozens of therapists just to find one who dosn't make me want to kill both them and me.
>>
i dunno if im depressed but im suicidal
>>
>>34614627
>suicidal
If either
>you are a girl
>have or have had a gf
You need to get off my board.
>>
>>34613751
must be hard man
how do you cope with things?
how do you keep on living without feeling happiness?
>>
>>34614655
no to both, im a textbook robot for the most part
>>
>>34605825
I feel.

My main problem is no one respects me. Even the first time I meet someone they treat me like shit. I see them be nice to everyone, even other robots, but they act like I'm the scum of the earth.

What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>34614899
Are you a normie? If the answer is yes, you fucking deserve it.
>>
>>34614853
Sorry for being hostile, just sick of all the normies in this thread. But if you are suicidal, you are most likely depressed too. No happy person wants to commit suicide.
>>
it's very sad

i knew what mild/moderate depression felt like but i couldn't imagine it getting any worse for me

i don't remember the past 2 years of my life ((agoraphobia ;) ))and i only leave the house for doctors appointments

can't eat can't sleep can't concentrate can't get up can't talk to anyone can't remember if i've taken medication

i seriously never thought it could ever be like this for me of all people lol wby guys
>>
>>34615054
Not gonna lie man, you prob have it worse than 99% of this board.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.