[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are anti-depressants just a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (15KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 183x275px
Cuz I'm not I'm noticing my anxiety going down.
>>
They dont work for me either, senpai.
>>
Can I get a quick rundown on anti depressants?
>>
File: 1485968600606.png (105KB, 256x308px) Image search: [Google]
1485968600606.png
105KB, 256x308px
>>34605145
can you give me a rundown real fast on what kind of happy pills you are using?
>>
>>34605145
What are you on and for how long?

If it's an SSRI don't expect any kind of results for atleast a month
>>
File: 1486019244477.jpg (35KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
1486019244477.jpg
35KB, 600x639px
>>34605145
A quick call is all you need to get a rundown answer?
This call can save you.
>>
File: 1484466421445.jpg (53KB, 570x779px) Image search: [Google]
1484466421445.jpg
53KB, 570x779px
BOGDA BOGDA
BOGDANOFF
BOGDA BOGDA
BOGDANOFF
>>
>>34605609
The pills I'm taking are called setralin bluefish.
I know that it will take some time for a positive effect, but I thought that I would at least have some effect.
>>
>>34605700
And I've been taking them for about a week.
>>
>>34605700
Quick google search tells me that they are a SSRI.

I noticed a lot of the negative effects early on such as hot flushes, periods of minor mania and headaches but it took months for my anxiety to alleviate even slightly. The positive effects where so underwhelming I got off the meds
>>
>>34605537
>doctors are biased in their subjective evaluation of the medication's effectiveness
>patients are gullible towards this bias
>worsening of depression can be interpreted as progress
>the amount of time it takes for them to work is the same amount for the average person's symptoms to recede without medication
>they cause irreparable brain damage and possible permanent bad side effects
>it supports the false theory of a "chemical imbalance" thus diverting efforts to reducing real stress related causes

They work in the best case scenario as a dampening blanket to dim and numb your emotions. This isn't something to be desired because it makes you less of who you are as a person.
>>
>>34605581
Quick rundown fog these gents.
>they have interplanatery access to biological weapons made by space niggers we haven't even seen yet.
>their chins are said to eject a form of oil that cures cancer.
>they control the political spectrum, and the reptile people.
>rumoured to have godlike powers unseen by any mortal.
>if wanted to they could make everybody on the planet pregnant (including the men) by just rubbing their chins on their reproductive organs.
>>
>>34605779
Should I get off them? I'm taking a small dose s well.
>>
>>34605700
sertraline is a fucking meme. All it does is make it hard for me to jerk off which makes things worse
>>
Mirtazapine is really the only antidepressant that works almost immediate for anxiety or insomnia
>>
>>34605857
Yeah happened to me as well, it just feelt numb.
>>
>>34605145
If youre on the entry level shit, yea they one of the biggest memes in the game. Compared to a placebo in clinical studies they do no better. Basically, either you gp is an uninformed twat, or he is just patronizing you in hopes that you will leave his office faster. Once you move away from SSRI and SSNRI (lexapro, celexa, zoloft) and move up into sedatives and severe antidepressants, you will notice effects. But they are not good effects.
>>
Why would SSRI work again anxiety? They increase adrenaline and cortisol production in the long run... The only drug that actually works on obliterating anxiety is benzos (short-term, don't get addicted to them).
>>
>>34605900
Good thing I didn't need to pay for this shit.
>>
>>34605908
You know whats the most fuck about that entire branch of medicine?

We simply do not know why they work but the current literature points to them working
>>
>>34605840
You should do everything you can to alleviate the problems you're experiencing without using medication before you try them.
Therapy, exercise, better diet, improving any area of your life that could be causing your anxiety, etc.
If you went to a doctor as your first step to solving your problem and they're first step is to medicate you then you're off to a bad start.
>>
>>34605908
because serotonin has been shown to effect mood. Selective serotonin re uptake inhibitors. They stop your neuron from reabsorbing leftover serotonin and instead it gets forced through the post synaptic terminal. So basically the idea is more serotonin = happy. But in clinical trials its only like 51% of people who say it makes them feel better. Just enough to market it and sell it. Compared to a placebo it has almost the same results
>>
>>34605951
It's almost like you don't understand that modern doctors get commission for prescribing drugs
>>
>>34605908
and you obviously haven't heard of buspirone, mirtazapine, ect. Benzos are not the only way. Abuse them and your doctor will show you others
>>
>>34605951
I got to a psychologist, I excersise a bit and I like to think that I eat healthy, so I don't know really what to improve.
The pills have also made it harder for me to concentrate and study.
>>
>>34605951
Vitamin b complex, vitamin c, magnesium, theanine or phenibut are alternatives to try together or individual. Ashwaganda helps some but can mess with hormones.
>>
File: 1464814973242.jpg (74KB, 671x665px) Image search: [Google]
1464814973242.jpg
74KB, 671x665px
I tried sertralin and venlafaxin, they both dont work for me
>>
Could I get a quick explanation as to why setralin has an affect on masturbation?
>>
>>34606071
your gp patronized you. He went "heres this!" and you thought it was a panacea. The research agrees that those drugs only give you peace of mind if you believe they do. Its like believing in jesus and santa.
>>
>>34606092
its complicated but research shows that male arousal gets dampened by certian neuropeptidergic and serotinergic mechanisms. So basically it works on a group of compounds that acts as neurotransmitters and deal with serotonin. But hard evidence linking serotonin to E.d. is inconclusive because there are no exclusivly serotonerigic agents. Drugs used to test the serotonin e.d. theory usually affect other neurotransmitters
>>
>>34605145
it takes time you fucking retard, it doesn't work immediately as the body rejects it until it acclimatizes.
>>
File: 1481426915839.jpg (7KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
1481426915839.jpg
7KB, 247x204px
>>34605145
can confirm the magic takes some time to happen.
>>
>>34605745
>>34605720

4 weeks cunt for minimum effectiveness. 8 - 12 weeks for it to be fully effective.

Source: I'm on them
>>
>>34605955
Because sometimes, there's no cure for being a cunt
>>
>>34606371
therapy is the cure.. if it works
>>
>>34606371
Sucks to be you then. Origini
>>
>>34605983
Is your anxiety general or social? What makes it worse and what makes it better? How long has it been occurring and what do you think causes it?
>>
>>34606932
It's social. It occurs when I'm outside in a place with a lot of people and also when meeting new people.

It started like in the 6th grade. I think it's caused by me getting paranoid and thinking everybody hates me.
>>
I took them for about 8 months in 2015. They didn't do anything positive for me but I feel like I have less energy and am more tired now than before I did it.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.