[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do mental health issues peak in the 20s and 30s?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1486100172034.jpg (38KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486100172034.jpg
38KB, 1024x576px
Do mental health issues peak in the 20s and 30s?
>>
>>34602927
i sure as fuck hope so
>>
>>34602927
It gets worse with age. I'm 42 now and god, I'm really fucked up.
>>
Yes, the more severe illness such as bipolar and schizophrenia often do not manifest until the early twenties (23) or later. If you get to your thirties going on forty, you are likely in the clear. Nothing is certain before that time.
>>
File: 1469418121012.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1469418121012.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
It gets worth, you might feel more sad and anxious in your teens/early 20s due to hormones, but you feel like an empty husk with no hope once you go past 25. Every day is monotonous and you feel as if years go by in a flash, slowly bringing your closer to your inevitable demise.
>>
>>34602975
I didn't really start becoming pointedly unstable until 22. As a teenager I was more dysthymic than anything. When did you go crazy?
>>
>>34602927
There is no peak, they only fester.
>>
Feels like the onset is often puberty. That's when the blissful ignorance of youth comes to an end and you start to realize that there's something wrong with you. Maybe you deal with it, maybe you have a support structure or therapy or even chemicals to cope with it and maybe even overcome it. If you don't, then it just gets worse and keeps on getting worse and somewhere in your 20's or 30's you come to the crossroads. Either something changes or it consumes you. You can only tread water for so long. Either somebody comes by to throw you a life preserver and pull you up into the boat, or your body loses strength and, exhausted, you slip below the surface and sink into the darkness below.
>>
I got my bipolar diagnosis when i was 19 so it's true its late onset, but my psych says it gets better over time and when i turn 30-40s it should be stable enough that i won't even be called bipolar anymore and can stop meds : )
>>
All mental and emotional problems dial down a notch as you're leaving your 20s and moving into 30s because your entire mind and body slows down a bit (you're beginning the downward spiral into death)

Peaking implies that they get better after the peak. I don't know about that, but the frantic intensity at least winds down and the edge gets taken off.
>>
>>34603757
Awfully slow spiral.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.