[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see anons talking about how great the year 2007 was, what's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: year_2007.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
year_2007.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
I see anons talking about how great the year 2007 was, what's so great about it? It was pretty boring from what I can remember.
>>
>>34601976
I was 23, had a good paying job and didn't hate myself as much then.
>>
got cucked for first time
>>
2007 was ok
>>
>>34601976
Bioshock!!!
eat a dick bot
>>
>>34601976
>tf2
>halo 3
>Bioshock
>modern warfare
It was one of the last years of great video games. I can't remember much else off the top of my head right now.
>>
>>34601976
1993 was great, 2000 was great, 2007 was great, 2014 was great, so 2021 will be great?
>>
Great video games

4chan wasn't in mainstream journalism

/pol/ was a dead board

Golden age of memes

Pretty good stuff
>>
to me it was miserable. I was a teen back then and I wish I could get back and set my life straight.
But I'm afraid I will have to go further back to 2002 or so.

none of that /pol/ bullshit was around, that's for sure.
>>
>>34602125
how about all that free shit you could get on the internet?
>>
>>34601976
It was a good year because my dad didn't die quite yet.
>>
it was amazing from a vidya view point

>runescape's last golden days
>WoW
>Oblivion
>>
>>34602125
>>34602159
pol was here but just operated under a different name. It was news first then int and finally the beast came as pol if I remember well. But the shit has always been here, it's not new.
>>
In 2007 i was so fucking happy doing quests in Runescape and Pking...the good ol days.
>>
>>34602226
sure, but there wasn't any of that feminazi\'alt-right'' crap.
>>
>>34602226
It was a pretty small community that stayed in its own little bubble

Now faggots bleed everywhere with their HURRR DURRRRR EVERYTHING IS POLITICALLY RELATED LEMME DERAIL THIS THREAD
>>
>>34601976
that only means your life was boring
>>
>>34602226
nah /pol/ is new. most of their traffic is from reddit and external sites so they're literally newfag central

the old "/pol/" you are talking about are libertarians who laughed at the stormfag cancer we have now
>>
>New, good games were coming out
>Hardware was hitting its most amazing year-over-year performance increases ever
>Still had a chance to have friends
>>
>>34601976
Halo 3 with my brother was the only good thing
>>
File: wut3.png (337KB, 397x474px) Image search: [Google]
wut3.png
337KB, 397x474px
>>34602248
CTR spotted. Can't hide for too long, your funds gonna get cut libcuck
>>
>>34602335
How about you fuck off to reddit with your need for political discussion and a hug-box
>>
>>34601976

Well, I was 12 years old in 2007, so the only thing I can really remember is the Playstation 2 and Gamecube still being relevant
>>
>>34602226
that wasn't the same at all
>>
>>34602181
+1 for runescape
>>
Normies werent online as much
>>
>>34602241
The name didn't exist but the methods were the same.
>>
>>34602745
they were much smaller in numbers + presence, both online and irl
>>
>>34601976
2007, my last year of childhood
>>
>>34601976
2007 was pretty boring. I got close to kissing a girl, that's about the peak of interesting things that happened. Shitty movies. Internet was more bearable since it had way less normals, but YouTube was already around to attract the normies.
>>
>>34602241
The alt right crap was thanks to normies and fucking hilary clinton associating that stupid cartoon frog as the symbol of the "alt right".

Christ, virtually everything that comes from 4chan can be considered "alt right". Nazism for the laughs has been prevalent since its inception.
>>
>>34602423
I was 12 years old too. Aren't we cool.
>>
File: shinji.png (141KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.png
141KB, 500x364px
For one thing moot was still here.

>tfw I've now been here longer than moot ever was
>>
It was 2011 for me. I had an easy job working from home for $16.50 an hour, I'd just lost 140 pounds and was in great shape, had some savings in the bank and felt optimistic about the future.

Six years later, I'm an unemployed mental patient with multiple suicide attempts under my belt and no hope. At least I kept the weight off, haha.
>>
>>34601976
I had a gf at the time and spent all my time obsessing about pokemon.
>>
2007 was when everything collapsed. It's the Hell Year

FUCK OFF REEEE
>>
>>34601976
i was 12 years old at the height of my runescape addiction and had really good friends at a time where literally nothing mattered but having a good time and enjoying my existence.
>>
>>34601976
2007 was my year. It's not just a meme to me. It was when I was really hooked on all the games I loved, everything was comfy, and my worries were basically zero. it was the second best year I've ever had (2016 was the best for me desu. Long story)
>>
>>34601976
After 2007, everything went downhill. Smartphones, facebook went public, internet became normie infested, people started using their real name everywhere.
>>
>>34601976
It's not that it was particularly great, it was just the last good year.
>>
>>34601976

2007 was the last year before I got a full time job and started truly hating existence.
>>
>>34601976

It was senior year of high school.
Skipped school 3-4 times a week.
Best friends with Skater Stacy.
Never got to date her but always hung out in her room at her house and she'd lay on her bed and let me play with her belly button and stomach while we talked (have belly fetish)
>>
It was fun being 9.
>>
>you were 8
>never got to experience 2007 fully
haha just end my life, literally have never experienced the old internet
>>
>>34604825
people tend to look at these types of things through rose tinted nostalgia goggles.

Normally id disagree with people who said anything from the past was better

but the internet in the early and mid 2000's is an exception and was absolutely incredible. Im sorry you missed out.
>>
>>34604825
I'm the poster above you and I remember the old internet to some extent. I used to visit old youtube and gamefaqs all the time, it was great
>>
File: 1486099321390.jpg (14KB, 444x332px) Image search: [Google]
1486099321390.jpg
14KB, 444x332px
The last truly good year was 2010. I was quite normal, had lots of friends and normie social media werent as much popular as they are now in my slav country. I was peacefully playing games and making friends online and having decent social status in my school, I miss that time so much.In 2014 everything went so fucking wrong and I've lost all hope. I hope it will end soon.
>>
>>34604853

What you actually missed out on isn't the old internet, it's pre-internet life. That's what you actually should

People who are now in their late-20s and older are in a unique position, having experienced the world both pre and post internet.

You younger people have no idea how different (and better) that world was. It's not just a matter of technological convenience - humanity itself was different. Like the way people behave now and the traits they show are entirely different.
>>
>>34604922
I agree. I always wonder how people in the past were able to be happy without modern conveniences and then I realised they didm't need these. Makes me want to go back in time and experience the old world.
>>
>>34601976
It was a 10/10 year to me on a personal level.
>video games are still fun
>still have friends
>graduate from hs, be top of class academically
>first job ever
>travel a lot, get to leave my country for the last time ever, also spend one night driving hundreds of kilometers
>finally become decent at driving
>move out, go to university, get freedom
>become interested in programming and really enjoy it
>get my first good phone (not smartphone but still)
So yeah, it was a year of big changes for the better and positive memorable experiences.

>>34602117
I don't have many memories about 1993, but I agree on the other years.
>>
Social media was a fucking mistake.
>>
How the fuck did you people have a good year with 2007? It was my shittiest year in my life.

>No friends
>Bullied as fuck in HS
>All grades went to shit because I skipped classes and didnt go to school
>Wasted my free time playing games alone and being edgy teenager in internet
>Browsed shitty 4chan that is still shit to theseday
>All those manchild shounens
>>
>>34601976
I think 2012 was the year everything went downhill. 2011 losers still somewhat ruled the internet, but when 2012 came, Osama was dead, and the end of the world didn't come normies realized how fun this was and companies, trying to appeal to normies, did their business online.

2007 was mostly great for anime and vidya, past that it was kinda normal.
>>
>>34601976

4chan was pretty fun back then
>>
File: 1472449515333.jpg (18KB, 539x539px) Image search: [Google]
1472449515333.jpg
18KB, 539x539px
>>34602335
The irony if this post is unbelievable
>>
2007 is the meme year and was crap, fuck off

best years were 2011-2013, total kino period
>>
I was 18 in 2007. The year I lost my virginity, and then became fuck buddies with a different girl. Both were pretty cute.

The twist is that I haven't had sex since that year.
>>
>>34606158
>(experiences may vary)
>>
Great year for video games
Great year for anime
>>
Big Bang Theory :')
origami mement
>>
I was 20 in 2007. I can't remember much about it

>My only rl friend moved away this year.
>Still down most evenings/weekends playing Nintendo with him
>Started last year of my first degree
>Still laughed at memes (the GI Joe PSA ones, that weird Jamaican weatherman clip, chocolate Rain)
>Otherwise a loser
>>
My last year of only 'good memories'
I missed watermelons that days
Beautiful days of bangkok
My good old friends..

Everything has gone... after that year
Miss you summer of 2007 my most beautiful moment.
>>
>>34601976
I got gf in 2007 and my first bj
>>
>Windows xp
>Clubpenguin
>Cool youtube videos
>A lot of games
>Wierd but cool web pages

In 2007 I was 8, but I didn't have friends and my parents didn't care so much so I spended all my days in internet. Fucking shit
>>
>>34609729

Pretty much this desu. I was 9 in 2007 and that year was the shit for each and every one of your reasons.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.