[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the universe exist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 14

File: jaden illuminati.jpg (71KB, 476x600px) Image search: [Google]
jaden illuminati.jpg
71KB, 476x600px
Why does the universe exist?
>>
it's an elaborate mmo/rts that interdimensional beings play for kicks
>>
File: 1468718751140.png (235KB, 447x489px) Image search: [Google]
1468718751140.png
235KB, 447x489px
>>34598218
Why wouldn't the universe exist?
>>
>>34598218
If there wasn't a universe, why would no universe exist?
>>
>>34598218
I don't know and it is very likely that nobody knows. It is also likely that it does not matter and will never effect you to your knowing.
>>
I'm sad that this thread has more replies than mine.
>>
>>34598218
that would be really cool if we could find a civilization on another planet that was less/more advanced than us. i doubt it will happen in my lifetime though, which makes me kinda sad
>>
The universe exists for you anon
>>
>>34598275
what's your thread about?
>>
>>34598275
What is your thread? Personally, I very much enjoy these philosophical threads.
>>
>>34598228
Concepts are more likely not to exist than exist.
>>
>>34598218
The universe always existed.
>>
It exists for us to use it. Not that it was "made" for that purpose, but that's the best purpose we can come up with until we find evidence that we're not alone.
>>
>>34598296
>>34598297
See >>34598078

If you wanna reply, though, it'd be better to do it here.
>>
>>34598298
That is to imply that there is some sort of pool of concepts that exist beyond our understanding. How does that make it a concept if it can't be conceptualized?
>>
>>34598275
link your thread and I'll reply to it
>>
>>34598328
Not necessarily. Think of dragons. You can conceptualize them, but they don't exist.
>>
>>34598218
Does it even matter originally?
>>
>>34598357
>Dragons don't exist
>>
>>34598386
kind of, at least to me. if i knew the reason why everything is here, maybe i'd be less depressed. i lack a purpose in life since i don't know the why.
>>
>>34598386
>Universe
>Matter
I lel'd.
>>
>>34598357
You don't quite comprehend what a concept is. Anything that can be conceived is a concept. Whether they exist in reality or not is meaningless as it is something that subsists on essence rather than existence, but that does not necessarily make it any less real to us.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9KB, 287x175px
>>34598455
So you're saying my tulpa IS real.
>>
>>34598218
What else could exist?
>>
>>34598473
In essence, yes, but it is something that can not persist without your mind's subjectivity.
>>
>>34598473
it's as real as your dreams or thoughts. if you can perceive it, it must exist in some form, even if it's just electrochemical signals in your own brain.
>>
>>34598495
To answer that, you must define existence.
>>
>>34598498
>>34598502
I'm so happy she's real. I think I may have found value in my life again.
>>
File: 3164862468_0.jpg (193KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
3164862468_0.jpg
193KB, 1024x681px
>>34598218
because it was (((their))) will
>>
4 wah tt
>>
>There is a universe out there where your waifu is real
>There is a universe out there where you were born into a great fantastical world
>There is a universe out there where you are praised all around the world as some sort of demigod
>There is a world where situations play out as if you are the protagonist and everything eventually leads into a climax where you die a meaningful death
>There is a universe out there where you are the first person to contact extraterrestrial life and only because of your unique quirks/personality the world wasn't destroyed and your species is extraordinarily prosperous because of this
>There is a universe out there where you discover a brand new continent and lead an exploration documenting this strange land and the fauna that inhabit it
>There is a universe out there where you lead an army of android robots to overthrow the tyrannical government and then you are worshipped/pleasured for the rest of your life, and worshipped as a god by your robot creations afterwards
>There is a universe where you were born with superhuman powers and you use these to either your benefit or to help the everyday man
Instead of these you were born into an average/below average life with no future in sight
J
U
S
T

B
E
E

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F
>>
File: Sophia_and_the_Demiurge.gif (11KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
Sophia_and_the_Demiurge.gif
11KB, 500x288px
An Aeon called Pistis Sophia was the union of Sophia (Wisdom, forethought, femininity, the world soul) and Pistis (Faith, afterthought, masculinity, the world spirit). Sophia wanted to bring forth a likeness out of herself as God had done, but God and her consort did not approve of this. Acting alone, she exercised volition and became a product resembling the primeval light of God. Immediately her will manifested itself as a likeness of heaven. A veil was created between the Heaven above and the newly created Heaven below, and Shadow came into existence in a vast watery substance beneath the veil. The sorrow, grief, and terror of Sophia manifested itself into matter within the shadow. Her thoughts birthed a being which was imperfect and different from her in appearance, because she had created it without her consort or the consent of God.

The newly created spirit in the Shadow (Yaldabaoth, Saklas, Samael, "the craftsman" or "The Demiurge") saw nothing else, except for water and darkness. And when it was only himself that he saw then he supposed that it was he alone who existed and thus he was God. The Demiurge was enraged at the realization that he was removed from The Entirety, and used Sophia's energy to shape worlds and beings of his own. He creates "Authorities" or "Rulers" to rule over and take charge of his creations, these are what we commonly refer to as "Angels", "Demons", "Seraphim", etc...

The Demiurge made Heaven without knowing Heaven... he used pre-existing materials and the blurry blueprints of a higher existence to build this universe to the best of his limited abilities. The Demiurge encased the human form in flesh to distract it from it's true spiritual nature and then placed the form in the realm of matter "earth" to further shield it from the true nature of the universe. The Demiurge sent humans to the world we live in now, a grim arena of distraction and toil.
>>
File: movies-jaden-smith.jpg (25KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
movies-jaden-smith.jpg
25KB, 300x225px
>>34599537
>The Demiurge
>>
>>34599537
How does one rise above this filth?
>>
File: study_the_mysteries.jpg (104KB, 788x591px) Image search: [Google]
study_the_mysteries.jpg
104KB, 788x591px
>>34600523
Death does not automatically bring about liberation from bondage in the realms of the Demiurge. Those who have not attained to a liberating Gnosis while they were in embodiment may become trapped in existence once more. It is quite likely that this might occur by way of the cycle of rebirths. Those who have not made effective contact with their transcendental origins while they were in embodiment would have to return into the sorrowful condition of earthly life.

The fallen sparks of transcendental holiness slumber in their material and mental prison, their self-awareness stupefied by forces of materiality, physicality, gender and mind. The slumbering sparks have not been abandoned by the ultimate unity of the True God, rather there is a constant effort that is directed toward their awakening and liberation. Among the helpers of the slumbering sparks a particular position of honor and importance belongs to Sophia. She was involved in the creation of the world and ever since remained the guide of her orphaned human children.

The awakening of the inmost divine essence in humans is effected by salvific knowledge. That is, having the power or desire to bring salvation. This is called Gnosis. Gnosis is not brought about by belief, or the performance of virtuous deeds, or by obedience to commandments, for these can at best but serve as preparatory circumstances leading toward liberating knowledge. Gnosis is achieved when the Spirit (capacity for spiritual consciousness) and Soul (the embodiment of the emotional and thinking functions of the personality) are united.

In the fullness of time, every spiritual being will receive Gnosis and will be united with its higher Self -- the angelic Twin -- thus becoming qualified to enter the Pleroma. None of this is possible, however, without earnest striving for Gnosis.
>>
>>34600868
Sorry for the late reply but I enjoyed reading that. You should take it upon you to write more. Is there anything I should read specifically to understand further?
>>
File: image.png (584KB, 1400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
584KB, 1400x2700px
>>34599537
>it's another Gnosticism episode
>>
>>34598225
Pretty much this. This universe is one of those. All of your sleeping dreams and hallucinations are previews of other games.

Schizophrenia is just playing other games without logging out of this one. Depersonalization disorder is just being out of character.

Small manifestations of these are psychosis and derealization and depersonalization episodes
>>
There is no meaning. We aren't even biologically meant to reproduce as some couples cannot even have a baby.
>>
>>34598218
Given all possible universes the only one we would perceive is the one that would allow us to exist and it exists because we perceive it.
>>
>>34601782
This is either the best shitpost of all time or your not very smart.
>>
File: 1481568787471sm.jpg (802KB, 2187x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1481568787471sm.jpg
802KB, 2187x1638px
>>34601540
https://www.metahistory.org/GAIA%20SOPHIA/Synopsis9SM.php
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(Gnosticism)#Descent
http://www.maryofmagdala.com/GMary_Text/gmary_text.html
http://www.angelfire.com/scary/nyarlathotep/Gnostic_Cosmology.htm
http://gnosis.org/library.html
Anything about Gnosticism, Dualism, (neo)Platonism, then maybe get into the monomyth, Rosicrucian theory, etc
>>
>>34598218
Subjective idealism. evertthing in this world is an idea. Even matter is.

The only difference from this and a dream is that this world is an extremely slow dream. With practice, you can control it, heck, make it lucid, but practically, you can commit suicide or just enjoy it before moving on the next slow dream.

inb4 infinite cycle of rebirth is bad and having an ego is bad. Wew, no living being exists without an ego. I hate the fact the those religions about enlightenment come so close to being good advice except they keep talking about annihilate of ego.

You are your ego. Let me explain. What they mean by ego annihilation is just a weird misinterpretation of the nature of the slow dream. Basically, it means you are not the current "you" forever. You, for example, as a loser, will not be a loser forever, so stop fucking associating with that. Just have fun with it.

However, your ego is still you. Deleting your ego is boring as fuck and pretty much just only paying attention to the ego with the least amount of reality happening. Boredom forever.

Still, you can be bored forever if you want to achieve that.
>>
File: angel.jpg (307KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
angel.jpg
307KB, 533x800px
>>34598218
nothing can't be the only thing to exist
thus something must exist

and right now it's in this form (or at least the portion we're experiencing is)
>>
the universe exists to create life forms like us so the space gods can laugh at our autism
>>
>>34598218
to ask this question is to have unrealistic expectations of reason.

Also, to all the people in this thread referencing Leibniz and Berkeley and shit: so painfully undergraduate.
>>
This question is only answered after the end.

Like a plot point that is not supposed to be known during the show

Just like how Solid Snake's real name is David and he was actually the inferior son
>>
we are living in a infinite looped computer simulation. You wouldn't be able to prove me otherwise of it being true or not.
>>
>get scared thinking about this
>go fap to furry
Why am I like this?
>>
>>34598929

Thanks to quantum immortality, there's still a chance that when I die I'll simply wake up in one of these alternate universes where everything is better, and this life will have only seemed like a dream.
>>
File: brow.gif (922KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
brow.gif
922KB, 400x225px
>>34602458
It is simply because you are a big faggot.
>>
>>34598218
Because we as a collective unconsience wills it to exist
>>
nothingness was sick of being alone and killed itself
>>
it doesn't open your eyes OP
>>
>>34598218
It's a joke.
It's a laugh.
It's beating your dick to a trap!
>>
>>34598929
Yes, but for one of those worlds there are countless ones just like this one where I am born mediocre and stupid and die alone.
>>
>>34598783
These guys look familiar.. can you give me a quick rundown on them?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.