[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humans are just glorified animals Prove me wrong: You can't.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: 1459270068764.png (169KB, 679x864px) Image search: [Google]
1459270068764.png
169KB, 679x864px
Humans are just glorified animals

Prove me wrong: You can't.
>>
File: 1485873269715.png (13KB, 279x305px) Image search: [Google]
1485873269715.png
13KB, 279x305px
>>34598000
Ego
oge
>>
>>34598000
i can't also nice trips
>>
>>34598000
In all honesty, there is nothing that sets us apart from other animals. You can't say that our intelligence sets us apart, because it is all relative, and therefore, when compared to a rat, an elephant would be a non-animal. Our self-awareness doesn't set us apart, because other animals possess self-awareness. Our talents don't set us apart, because other animals are capable of art and invention. So, yes, you are right. We are just glorified animals, if even we are glorified.
>>
>>34598000
Take out the word glorified and you have it correct.
We aren't any better than the other species on this planet. We are all just capsules that dna uses to replicate itself. Thats it. We are just dna replication devices. We serve no purpose than to produce offspring, and if we can't even do that we are nothing. We may as well have not lived.
>>
>>34598061
this

it feels nice to feel "one with nature". I stopped thinking of myself as different from animals, rather than just another animal among animals
>>
>>34598000
nihilism is a spook

originality is also a spook
>>
>>34598000
You're a soft teenager who is suffering through babeh's first existentialist crisis. Does it matter if we're animals? You're certainly not going to give up any of comforts that civilization has given you.
>>
>>34598130
Shut the fuck kid, you don't know shit
>>
>>34598130
wow dude, just stop posting. fuck off
>>
File: lanky.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lanky.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
If I was god I would make all animals sentient from now on for the lols.
>>
>>34598000
Animals are controlled by instincts whereas a human can think for themselves. A human can control their animal like instincts, but an animal will always give into their nature.

However most people act like animals, they don't think for themselves. Someone else is feeding them the information and they just react to it.

What separates a person from an animal are their thoughts and actions.
>>
>>34598236
Humans do not at all have total control of their instincts. If you starve a person for a week, then offer them food, they will eat the food 100% of the time.
Humans do have advanced decision making, thinking, learning, language, and tool building capabilities, but other animals have shown more primitive variations of these same abilities.
We are more advanced than other animals, but we're still animals, and we aren't as advanced as you might think.
>>
Maybe we are but it's not healthy to use that as an excuse for being a loser.
>>
>>34598388
>but it's not healthy to use that as an excuse for being a loser.

Yea, it is
>>
>>34598336
which is why I said "However most people act like animals"

Have you missed my point? what separates a creature of higher development (human) from an animal is their thoughts and actions.

Thoughts such things beyond basic instincts, the need for food, shelter, sex

Actions such as pursuit of truth or knowledge

Animals don't have those thoughts or actions, a person does. But most people behave like animals where the only thing that matters is sex and social status they've clinged onto since the days of their ape ancestors.
>>
>>34598143
>>34598180
fuck YOU
You're a little faggot who's panicking because you're a failure and are trying to escape into nihilism.
How about you go for a fucking walk? You won't care if we're animals when a girl is holding your hand, or your father is telling you he's proud of you.
>>
>>34598486
Are things like pursuit of knowledge or truth not just advanced thinking or learning tactics, though? Do we not think those things, even subconsciously, for the evolutionary benefits knowledge of those things would provide for us and our species?
Animals seek knowledge to a certain extent. They need to learn about hunting strategies, territories, surviving winter, finding mates, etc.Some animals like monkeys and crows will even expand on the preexisting strategies they learned about in childhood, through experimentation and observation. Is human thought, experimentation, and pursuit of knowledge not just a more advanced form of this type of learning?
>>
>>34598000
The human brain is the most complex gestalt mechanism that exists on this planet and-

Oh wait, you didn't make any assertions in your post, besides a whiny wojak.

D I S C A R D E D
>>
>>34598627
Its literally just a monkey brain with extra functionality added on top. Not that impressive if you ask me.
>>
People sometimes use the term "animal" to refer to a savage, or one who can't control his urges. Yet I believe man is more savage than any beast. Therefore everyone is an "animal". The sad fact is that we don't care about controlling our urges. I don't, anyway. As for other people, any evidence that they care about others is a lie. It is fear-based, not love-based. The real measure of how human you are lies elsewhere. Probably one's intellect.
>>
>>34598615
>Animals seek knowledge to a certain extent
Yes but the difference lies in that what they seek pertains to themselves, their offsprings and their basic needs. No animal is going to seek out to better the world or their species. Humans have and do, but I have to stress again not all humans behave like humans.

It takes both thought and action. When an animal acts it acts on its on self interest, that is its limit capacity. Humans are uncapped and potentially they can be much more advanced though most just live out lives of basic instincts
>>
>>34598654
If an organization of carbon, water, and a sprinkle of other elements that is able to comprehend itself and the universe around it isn't that impressive to you, then we have vastly difference metrics by which we measure the word "impressive". You still haven't posted much of substance to be honest.

That "extra functionality added on top" is the difference between an entity capable of generating a medium for you to shitpost through (and other little tricks like quantum physics and space travel), and one that expresses its displeasure by slinging its own feces.

Unless you have anything of substance to add, I think I'll move along to another thread.
>>
>>34598954
>You still haven't

I'm not OP, fuck off
>>
File: 1478823347165.jpg (35KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1478823347165.jpg
35KB, 499x499px
>>34598981
jeez, you sound like you have a monkey brain with extra functionality added
>>
File: 1469805429726.jpg (413KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1469805429726.jpg
413KB, 1280x1920px
>>34598981
If that's all you took from what I typed, you make me sad. Thanks for another excellent shitpost friend, have a great night.
>>
>>34599017
>If that's all you took from what I typed, you make me sad

You're posts aren't that important
>>
>>34599038
They('re = are) important to me. I took the time to write it up because I was under the impression the person I responded to was willing to have a legitimate conversation regarding the nature of humanity. Retrospectively, searching for that sort of conversation on this board wasn't the wisest move on my part.
>>
>>34598888
>No animal is going to seek out to better the world or their species
Many advanced animals and animals that work in groups or tribes actually are known to show altruistic behavior, because it improves the fitness of the group. Humans are now interconnected due to communication, so they are basically doing this on a global scale. Sure there are some animals that act individualistically, like you said, but there are many other species of mammals and birds, which act altruistically in order to improve fitness of the group.
>>
>>34598061
>We may as well have not lived.
You change your environment even doing basically nothing. Think chaos theory.
A neet farts in Kansas and China nukes North Korea.
That's a big evolutionary adjuster.
>>
>>34598061
How do you account for everything that man has created, besides offspring?
>>
>>34599170
They're all tools that are meant to increase the fitness of mankind.
Like when monkeys grind nuts with rocks or Birds extract worms from a tree using a twig.
We're just using electricity transmitted through rocks mined from the earth, in order to send signals long distances, instead.
>>
>>34598888
Checked. Also if I could better my species, I wouldn't. Ideally I would keep all my advancements to myself, and crush everyone else. I don't care about other people. They are hypocritical liars and filth. Imagine cultivating a mind, and then letting others develop technology where they could copy and take what you've been given and worked for, or something like this. Why would I want everyone to be able to steal my identity? What do I get for in return? Zilch, that's what. This is what the future looks like to me. Assholes stealing the identities of the top members of their race, a thing they have no right to be able to afford. That's what altruism would net the best of us. And where would it lead us? If everyone was beautiful and smart, what would we do for fun? I don't know. Probably commit suicide, as there would be no one to dominate. Production would come to a halt or something. Anyways, intelligence doesn't and shouldn't come free.
>>
>>34599232
Art? Philosophy? Science that doesn't serve to improve fitness, such as abstract mathematics? Other forms of entertainment?

One could argue that those increase "fitness" in some manner, but you'd have to bend over backward to do it.
>>
>>34599610
>but you'd have to bend over backward to do it.

Not at all
>>
File: Untitled.png (98KB, 944x228px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
98KB, 944x228px
>>34599962
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this then, anon.
>>
>>34600012
Not "this" as in the pic, ah, you know what I meant.
>>
>>34599610
>art, entertainment
The things release dopamine, which is supposed to be released when you solve problems, make something, or accomplish something. Because there's so much less we humans have to accomplish on a daily basis, we invented dopamine providers so we don't get bored. Other animals haven't reached humanity's level of production (they don't even have farming yet), so they don't need to supplement their lives with dopamine providers.
>philosophy
philosophy serves to find the meaning of life, and why we do what we do. Knowing this will benefit us, because it can be used to form a more utopian society.
>>
>>34600181
>>34600181
Hm, those are excellent points anon. Let me rewind to the premise of the thread.

>Humans are glorified animals
The exact definition of "glorified" is somewhat suspect in this context, as you (?) pointed out, so let's remove it.

>Humans are animals
Absolutely, if you're speaking in the strictest sense of biological classification. However, we are of a kind, are we not? The first species on the planet to have to invent new ways to release dopamine, at the very least. I'm also responsible for the post refuting "humans are monkeys with a little extra thrown on top". Would you agree that this makes us uniquely distinct from the rest of the animal kingdom?
>>
>>34600439
All animals are unique, because that is the definition of a species, but as I have proven, human "greatness" doesn't just come from nowhere. There are biological principles and survival purposes behind everything we think and do, just like with all other animals. There are in fact other animals who display primitive versions of human thoughts and behaviors. Humans are definitely the most advanced animals, but they're still animals.
>>
File: 1463207036747.jpg (152KB, 897x897px) Image search: [Google]
1463207036747.jpg
152KB, 897x897px
>>34600663
I was going to phrase "uniquely distinct" as "puts us on a pedestal", the pedestal to which I was going to refer being the fact we are the most advance. So we are in agreement. Go figure, language decays after the third beer. Thanks for posting, anon.

Here's a little something to fuel that animistic behavior.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.