[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to stop being a manchild?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1484160198289.png (364KB, 716x597px) Image search: [Google]
1484160198289.png
364KB, 716x597px
Is it possible to stop being a manchild?
>>
No, anime buries itself in you for life.
>>
>>34597087
That part at least isn't true, I used to be a massive weeb and I didn't even watch one anime last year.
>>
>>34597087
I mean mentally.
What do I need to do to think like an adult?
Self awareness doesn't get me anywhere.
>>
>>34597159
You need to come up with your own reasons for wanting to not be a manchild. If you just try to force yourself for someone else's reasons you won't care and you'll give up.
>>
>>34597388
Any reason I come up with will be that of a manchild and won't let me change.
See I'm doing it again, being a manchild that is.
>>
>>34597413
Go through a near death situation and you won't be a manchild anymore. Or you're gonna cuck out during it and die, then it won't be aproblem anymore~.
But seriously anon, stop man. This world demands everything of you and more. Show the finger to it and overachieve, destroy the expectiations by surpassing them. Celebrate the minor victories with yourself, don't care for what others think. Be the man you're supposed to be, the man you're destined to be anon.
Victory is at your hand, you just have to grasp it!
>>
>>34597565

this was a nice post buddy, keep it up
>>
>>34597138
It becomes a part of you though. Your sense of humor, your taste in media outside of anime, your degenerate social circles, your degenerate fetishes. It enters your soul and sets up shop. I'm a victim myself. Ever notice how you can tell who likes anime with little to no indication of actual show-watching? Its the same sense of humor and the same personality.
>>
File: 1467468994614.png (199KB, 476x419px) Image search: [Google]
1467468994614.png
199KB, 476x419px
>>34597565
I did go through a near death situation for a while but I survived. The first part of your post is wrong so I'm going to ignore the rest.
You see what I mean? I will be fucking retarded and find a way to ignore or deflect genuine advice at all costs.
This thread was pointless.
>>
>>34597748
Unironically go see a psychiatrist.
>>
File: 1484326063050.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484326063050.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>34597565
>This world demands everything of you and more.
>do just that by 'overachieving' and therefore complying to their wishes
You're not even making sense.

>don't care for what others think
>yet implies that you should only overachieve with regard to others' expectations

>Be the man you're supposed to be, the man you're destined to be anon.
No one's destined to be anything. Drivel like this isn't helpful at all.
>>
File: 1485313114033.png (853KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485313114033.png
853KB, 1278x720px
>>34598140
I also hate posts like this that agree with my general view of things because it pushes me deeper into manchild territory.
>>
File: Satania complacent.png (96KB, 222x266px) Image search: [Google]
Satania complacent.png
96KB, 222x266px
>Pay my rent several months in advance
>Pay my share of taxes
>Have a shitload of anime figurines and videogames, even a VR headset I barely use.
>People who are struggling to make ends meet get righteous about "Manchildren" when I admit to enjoying shit.
Oh well, I'm content with my life and no one is suffering for me to have my shit.
>>
>>34598282
You have a good job and therefore aren't exactly a manchild.
>>
File: 1485630067009.png (583KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485630067009.png
583KB, 1280x720px
>>34598282
You do sound like a manchild right now.
Success in life, although indicative of being mature, is not the essential end-all requirement for it.
t. OP
>>
>>34597748
Then you're a very special case.
Go see a shrink.
>>34598140
The world isn't going away because you don't want to comply. Win against the world anon.
>don't care for what others think
Some boy here cancelled his gym membership because he found out two of his classmates were there too. Is he correct? Fucking no, he should prove them wrong and overachieve.
>No one's destined to be anything.
You're destined to be a corpse at the end of your life. Better make it be worth something anon.
You're just pushing OP deeper into himself.
>>
>>34598362
So if total life success does not stop you from being a manchild, then what the fuck is wrong with being like a kid? Absolutely nothing.
>>
File: DEMONIC.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DEMONIC.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>34598362
Wouldn't even call it "successful"
I'd call it having basic money management skills and not feeling the need to impress your neighbors with dumb expensive shit.
>>34598334
I make 10.50 an hour my dude, about to be 23 an hours in 3 years, so my anime addiction will only get worse.
>>
See, the problem with this guy's post
>>34597565
Is that it's only true if success to you means bringing benefiting society in some way, which usually is the case with most people's view of success (great job, being the best at something, being in a relationship).

I hate to assume, but success to you right now is going on the internet, playing vidya/anime, whatever.

You don't need to stop being a manchild to achieve your current form of success.

>>34597388
This guy is right, OP. For you not to be a manchild, you have to want something that you can't get being a manchild.

So no, the world does not demand anything of you. There are plenty of people to fulfill the desires of others. It just means you're not going to get respect/money/praise/sex, which is what a lot of people want.

Yes, you can stop being a manchild, you just need to find the right path, and the desire to go down it in the first place. Until then, chill out, you're fine.
>>
>>34598399
>then what the fuck is wrong with being like a kid?
Not being a complete human. Not for others, you can fake it as seen here >>34598425 but for yourself.
>>
>Try to help anon
>Other anons encourage him to be a manchild
>fuck this board
>>
>>34598452
That sounds fucking dumb.
"Manchildren" in the real world is just seen as "Having an inner child" as in "Good with kids"
>Coworker brings his 8 year old son to work one day
>Other 40 year old coworker with wife has many toys and scooters and shit
>"How old are you!" asks the "Manchild" coworker
>"8" says the kid
>"Me too! Says the grown adult"
>Have a hearty chuckle because it's a fucking joke
You're autistic.
>>
>tfw started watching anime

Do I continue or is this a terrible idea?
>>
>>34598493
Ok, I have a special definition of manchild unique to my autistic self.
Sorry for wasting your time.
>>
>>34598511
Stop.Right.Fucking.Now.

the slim original
>>
>>34597748
Given the fact that you're posting pictures of anime girls, I'd say that experience should have finished the job.
>>
>>34598546
But it's fun. Reeeeee
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.