[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Therapy general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: psychotherapy.jpg (36KB, 427x405px) Image search: [Google]
psychotherapy.jpg
36KB, 427x405px
>Offered a lesson of hypnosis therapy
>Accept
>Asked to prepare by thinking of emotions that I find difficult to handle
>I find it difficult to comfort others in distress
>Therapist asks about my childhood in this aspect
>All while using a hypnotic rod to great effect
>Recall memories of playing with childhood friend
>Recall watching my friend getting beat up by his older brother
>This happened on at least a few occasions
>I close my eyes and I'm watching, from behind, 6-year old me passively watching as my best friend gets beaten up
>Back then I wasn't emotionally equipped to handle that experience
>As a 23-year old, I am filled with now identifiable feelings of powerlessness, fear, pathetique, and shame for being unable to help my friend
>Burst into tears and start sobbing
>Therapist suggests that I leave the brothers fighting and focus on the scared 6-year-old me; what does he need?
>>
>>34592848
>realize that 6-year old me needs to be recognized by an adult
>he needs to feel safe and not in danger
>he needs to be told that it's not his fault that his friend gets beaten up
>he needs to be told that it's not his responsibility to protect his friend at that time
>My therapist tried to guide me into comforting child-me
>It was hard but I made an honest attempt
>Later on had a conversation about how the reason I found it difficult to comfort others, was because there was a part of myself that was never comforted to begin with
>Leave office overwhelmed, fatigued, confused but also relieved somehow
10/10 would recommend
>>
>>34592848
Obamacare doesnt axist
>>
My therapist doesn't do hypnosis :( I'm stuck with barebones how does that make you feel bullshit
>>
My forth therapist is actually a good one.
She seems to care and engages with you on an equal level, instead of preaching from above. Also takes the time to actually explore the issues fully instead of just listening to the short version and then working on a bunch of assumption.

Fixed a bunch of stuff thanks to her and I'll probably fix a bunch more.
>>
>allowing yourself to be mentally violated
>allowing someone to poke around in your brain
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS
>>
>>34593403
I trust my therapist.
I realized that while regressed into my childhood memory, great damage could've been done if the therapist had done the opposite and blamed 6-year old me for everything. She was basically re-writing my memory.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.