[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that the less you give a fuck, the happier you are?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1455871734185.jpg (296KB, 1191x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1455871734185.jpg
296KB, 1191x1392px
Is it true that the less you give a fuck, the happier you are?
How do I let go and become a true hedonist?
>>
b-b-b-bump
can't mute me
>>
>>34588328
Smoke a lot of weed senor it's the best way.
>>
just literally dont give a fuck.

Ive reached that level, literally not anxious about ANYTHING anymore (bar tfw no gf, but i get pussy anyway so meh).

Drink a bunch of alcahol or smoke a bunch of weed and write down your insecurities. Dont throw it away or anything, just have it somewhere. It helps.

>the alcahol or weed will help you be more honest with yourself.
>>
>>34588897
So just drinking and figuring out what's bothering me?
I'm pretty close to not caring as far as normie standards go. I don't give a fuck about money, status or any of that, but I can't completely let go of my insecurities especially when it comes to social interaction.
>>
>>34588328
>>34588861
I would recommend guerilla glue for that method

And some shrooms
>>
>>34588993
I'm scared shrooms and psychedelics in general will fuck me up, though. I've never even smoked weed, the only drugs I'm familiar with are tobacco and alcohol.
>>
>>34589004
haha oh shit nigga you're doing it wrong.

weed+psychedellics are like 1000x more fun than tobacco and alcohol
>>
>>34588979
i dont know if id call it "figuring out" idk i feel if youre drunk af and if you think about it for long enough, the alcahol just brings up shit you didnt even know bothered you.
>>
how do I stop giving a fuck about my job? I work in a kitchen and I fuck up a lot. how do I stop being scared of the chef's dissaproving glare?
>>
>>34589437
Do you have a bit of money saved up?
Can you easily get another low-level job if need be?
>>
File: 1482978184597m.jpg (172KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482978184597m.jpg
172KB, 1024x768px
>>34588328
It's true if you don't give a fuck about the right things.
I stopped giving a fuck about getting a girlfriend and suddently my life got way, way more happier. You just have to learn to be happy living with yourself in your daily life.
Only then girls started to be attracted to me. So eventually, you'll find a cute nice girl, and you'll be actually happy in couple.

Also try to focus on self-improvement: Work for a degree, to better your skills, your career, and work out for your body. You'll feel great when going to sleep after a hard day of self-improvement.
>>
>>34590857
>Only then girls started to be attracted to me.
You must be somewhat physically attractive if that's all it took, m8.
>>
File: 1485843612226.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485843612226.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>34591990
I'm a fat but tall and huge dude. I have a massive body, so I have some kind of bear-like feeling, excepted I'm not hairy at all. I'm not that attractive, but I have an acceptable face.
Girls won't be attracted to sad dudes, the secret is to feel good, be happy, and don't give a fuck.
>>
>>34588328
By definition giving less of a fuck means finding ways to stop negative emotions being triggered. So, yes. The difficulty is how to do this.

At one point I often woke up then a moment later I realized the situation I was in (can't be bothered to go into it but it was fucked up) and my heart rate would rise to high levels and stay that way, it was like something crushing in my stomach. Just the idea it was happening made me feel like that and I couldn't help it. There was obviously some psychology behind it that was beyond me.
>>
>be miserable fuck in my teen years cause my parents were always fighting over my slut sister
>lost all my old friends cause I was obtuse and wanted space
>no girls liked me cause I did a lot of stupid autistic shit and wouldn't talk to anybody
>tried to make new friends but no one wanted anything to do with me
>by the time I got to high school I decided to just not give a fuck anymore
>suddenly a bunch of people want to be my friend and girls smile at me
>actually get pissed off that all of a sudden this is happening
>what the fuck happened that would make these people change their minds?
>go on to be a miserable idiot for the rest of high school
>now 20
>regret the way I was but at the same time acknowledge there's nothing I can do about it anymore
>will probably be single and friendless my entire life

I'm trying to change my attitude to make the best of it. I don't think I'll ever develop a social life though, just want to feel happy on my own. I'm already more talkative and less depressed than I used to be.
>>
>>34588328
Wrong.

The less of a fuck you give, the less vulnerable you are.
The less vulnerable you are, the less relationships mean to you.
The less relationships mean to you, the more isolated you are.

Meanwhile:
The more you give a fuck, the more ambition you have
The more ambition you have, then you are pushed out of your comfort zone more often.
Making human connections that help you achieve your ambitions beats instinctively ignoring every little slight you come across in life
>>
>>34592301
>what the fuck happened that would make these people change their minds?
before when you gave a fuck normies picked up on your angst, maybe
>>
>>34588328
No, people who say that are people with responsibilities who are looking back on their "glory days". It's a grass is always greener thing.
>>
>>34592360
Maybe

There was somewhat of a long epoch of people just never bothering me in my last couple years of high school. When they tried to be nice to me I went full REEEEE cause I couldn't comprehend the idea of them being genuine, that was in like the first half of high school. When I was in like 5th grade I was bullied by pretty much my entire class that year and it fucked me up for years. Middle School I got into a lot of fights and was a typical angsty cunt everyone wanted to kill.
>>
>>34592301
how did you just "stop" caring? what made your behavior change so drastically that normies would be suddenly drawn to you
>>
>>34592356
You can have ambition and push yourself out of your comfort zone while not giving a fuck. The two aren't incompatible, not giving a fuck doesn't necessarily make you a lazy piece of shit. It just means you don't feel obligated to do things anymore; you can still be motivated to achieve something. Though it's not a big deal if you fail.
>>
>>34592356
You fell for the responsibility meme
>>
>>34588328
I don't give a fuck about anything but I'm also not happy at all
>>
If you are a perfectionist, intentionally trying to be apathetic and hedonistic will actually improve your productivity and work quality. Otherwise, hedonism tends to decrease mental health long-term. Wealthy, hedonistic celebrities exemplify this fact of life.
>>
>>34592912
They're depressed because they're wealthy, not because they're hedonists
>>
>>34592160
>tall
Could have stopped right desu lad
>>
"Hedonism"
Skepticism is the real path to not give a fuck about anything.
Just question everything till nothing is coherent, and you'll be out of fucks in no time
>>
I cannot stop caring, I cannot "stop giving a fuck". I care too much of what people think of me, I don't know why. I guess its because I have no self confidence.
>>
>>34592301
because normies like people who seem comfortable in their own skin.
>>
I can manage to not give a fuck about most events in my life but I can't help but feel insecure about my appearance.
How do I learn to accept my imperfections instead of being overly concerned about them?
>>
>>34588328
irrelevant, because """true""" hedonism is a delusion.
>>
Stop thinking about others, even if it means you emotionless to others, at least you can function as yourself. Inter-personal relationships don't matter as much as you think, if you meet cool people in real life then good for you, otherwise it's thrU problem

worked for me, now I have a cute gf and a stable income
>>
>>34588328
The key to happiness is:
1) Don't ever get your hopes up. Just forget that word entirely. All you will get from hoping and expecting is disappointment.
2) Don't worry about anything. Worrying doesn't accomplish shit. Whenever something bad happens, instead of worrying, think of a way to fix things.

>>34594409
You just have to realize that other people care about their own appearance much more than yours.
>>
>>34594409
Get into a group of people or to a bar. notice most of them have their insecurities and are mostly concerned for themselves, just as you are. Some look bad, some are dumb, some look good, some are smart. They all have their struggles and little sucesses, their heartbreak, frustration, setbacks and fears. All have their little joys and strenghts, just like you. Notice that you aren't a special snowflake among them, that you don't fall out of any category. Now lean back, breathe in, breathe out, and laugh at your huge ego for giving you the feeling that you are such an important person.
Knowing how insignificant your little fears are, what holds you back? Only that ego. Let it shrink and relax anon
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.