[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get insomnia? I don't understand

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: WglEfS.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
WglEfS.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
How does one get insomnia? I don't understand
>>
>>34580759
Insomnia is the fucking worst
It's the only thing I don't have control over
I can't just flip a switch and fall asleep, instead I have to lie there in agony for hours
>>
You just don't sleep. Then when you do sleep, you wake up a few hours later only to yell in frustration. The process repeats itself, much to your frustration because by all means you only got 3-4 hours of sleep the night before and logic dictates you should be able to sleep now, but you can't. Some nights you do get to bed early around 10-11 only to wake up at some godawful hour like 2 in the morning and you are fucked.
>>
>>34580989
Once I fall asleep I sleep as deep as a normie
But falling asleep can take up to 5 hours
>>
File: fuckinghell.jpg (64KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
fuckinghell.jpg
64KB, 480x300px
>>34581024
Lucky bastard!

On the subject of insomnia OP, watch The Machinist. It's not very realistic, but it is a good watch.
>>
>>34581146
>lucky
I'm assuming you're not familiar with the agony of rolling around in your own sweat for 5 hours and having anxiety attacks when you start to hear the birds chirping and can see it getting bright outside
>>
>>34581176
No, I do that... then after finally falling asleep with the birds chirping I wake up 3 hours later and can't fall back asleep. Then the following night I once again find myself awake until the birds chirp. It's stupid. At this point I try to be optimistic about it and see it as I'm primed for maximum productivity.
>>
>>34581176
Your post hit home pretty hard
It's 6:51 am and I can hear construction workers outside
>>
A (good?) solution I've found is to force yourself to be sleep-deprived
6 hours a night usually does the trick for me, I'm tired as fuck during the day but at least I can fall asleep in under an hour
>>
>>34581285
I get about 3 to 4 hours of sleep a day. I think that might require me not sleeping at all for 30+ hours or some shit. That doesn't seem very healthy.
>>
>>34581355
No harm in trying
Also try drinking a ton of coffee in the morning (and only in the morning) to crash around bedtime
>>
>>34581394
I'll try that with the caffeine.
>>
...Why would you want insomnia?

I don't have it that bad but it will take 2-3 hours for me to fall asleep sometimes, and almost never less than an hour. I find falling asleep with the lights on helps, and then turning them off when you inevitably wake up in the middle of the night.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.