[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to quit robots, what do I do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

I'm trying to quit robots, what do I do
>>
donnet smoek
>>
>>34579348
every time you want to smoke a cigarette eat a large french fry order from mcdonalds
>>
>>34579348
really want to quit? eat those fuckers like french fries
>>
What worked for me was getting high every time I wanted to smoke a cigg. Once I'm high my desire to smoke a cigarette on top of that completely dissipates.
>>
I'm confused...are you trying to quit smoking cigs or eating fast food?
>>
>>34579348
Have you ever smelled a cigarette butt that has just been smoked? To my mind it is the worst smell imaginable, and I think if you smell it you will find it pretty terrible too. So to quit I would force myself to take huge whiffs as deeply as I could of the butt of every cigarette I smoked.
>>
>>34580076

that sounds pretty kinky 2bdesu
>>
>>34579348
You need to ween yourself off them. If you smoke a pack a day, start only smoking 18 a day. Once you get used to that, reduce by another two or three a day. increase or decrease the rate depending on your willpower. You can do it lad
>>
>aunt has smoked for over 30 years
>now has gangrene in her fingers

She knows they will kill her anyway but this is what happens if the cancer doesn't get you first. You'll still live longer than fat people though.
>>
>>34580120
Kik?

Oregon.
>>
Here's a diet & exercise tip from Anonymous:
>Just don't eat!

Lose weight and save money today!
>>
Create a star chart where you award yourself a star for every day without smoking (or only smoking a certain amount). Give yourself rewards (purchased with some of the money you saved by not smoking) when you hit certain milestones.
>>
>>34579348

currently approaching 18 hours on my 5th attempt of giving up smoking so far this year, there are alot of "smoke free" apps you can get, they dont really seem to help me that much though
>>
>>literally rolling on the floor in pain by hour 36
>>how could it be this bad, I don't remember
... still getting there
>>
>>34579348
Don't start with quitting. Start with a one week pause. Then a two week pause. Then one month. It should be a bit easier on the psychological aspect.
>>
>>34579961
you are what you eat, baka baka desu senpai
>>
>>34579348

when you feel like smoking, just eat a meal or chew a gum or gp fpr a walk
>>
I substituted for weed
>>
>>34579348

i smoked loads of them then trew away the pack
>>
fuck it's hard, honestly never quit at the end of a pack. you'll just keep smoking and get more of them if you can't quit before the end of the pack you're totally fine with throwing away money on more of the things.
just put all my dip cans into a bag counting them up it's around 200$ worth, with my beer budget plus chew that's like a months worth of rent. plus cigarettes on top of that this bullshit is too expensive. i gotta quit again.
>>
File: 1485751415240.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1485751415240.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
>>34579348
stop going to mc donalds REEEEEORIGINALEEEEEEEE
>>
>just think about quitting 30 mins ago, price went up again at the start of January and I'm sick of feeling like this
>see thread

huh, convenient. I quit once for a year, managed it with getting a cheap ass vape with non-nicotine shit to sate the physical cravings to smoke and patches for the nicotine cravings, and that worked til shit went south and I started again. probably gonna try again.
>>
>>34580186
As lame as this may sound, this is a very good idea. Smoker here, don't intend to quit anytime soon, but this is a nice concept for someone who does. Have you done this yourself, anon?
>>
>>34580153
this doesn't work anon, its jsut plain suffering to do it that way
only going coldturkey works to quit
>>
Why'd you start, lads? Be honest.

For me it was to fit in at my first job. Also because it was the first and only 'adult' thing I've ever done. Also because girls at work smoked and I wanted an excuse to interact with them. Cringing hard thinking back at it. All pathetic reasons.

Smoking made me feel sick at first, so as I built up my tolerance as a newbie I probably spent an entire month feeling nauseous from 9 to 5, five days a week. Eventually managed to smoke without feeling sick and soon got addicted.
>>
>>34582213
Also I finished a pack of 20 last night and can't afford more. It's not even 6 AM yet and I'm feeling it.
>>
File: 1476682419824.jpg (87KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
1476682419824.jpg
87KB, 600x737px
>>34582213
>For me it was to fit in at my first job.

Same for me, too, actually. First job was a graveyard shift job and pretty much everyone on the graveyard shift smoked and would go outside for a cigarette together. Initially someone I knew from highschool gave me my first cigarette, but it was fucking feral so I didn't bother til I got that job. Also helped the stress, as it was a well shit job.
Started at 18 when I could legally buy by myself, said I'd quit before I hit 25. 26 now, still going.
>>
>>34582231
Pretty much the same with me, I started smoking when I was in college, thinking I would start making friends if people saw me smoke a cigarette in front of the school.
Btw I smoked a full pack in just the last 4hours. Im 100% gonna die before I reach 40. I want to quit so badly but I have no clue how to go about it.
>>
>>34579348
don't just keep at it. you'll get fat if you quit
>>
>>34582271
similar except i was a stupid intern getting into software dev and ofc all the engineers smoked like chimneys and i thought i was so cool so I spent the past 3 years piling packs
>>
Get a cold.

origami
>>
File: maximumscissordraw.jpg (44KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
maximumscissordraw.jpg
44KB, 477x480px
>>34579348
They don't taste as good as fries.

Fries save lives, quit 2day.
>>
File: 1485512504778.jpg (544KB, 1620x1668px) Image search: [Google]
1485512504778.jpg
544KB, 1620x1668px
>>34579348
I never understood this jewish meme called addiction.
I smoked since 16 yo, now i am 22 and stopped 3 months ago.
If you want to stop, you will. If you don't want to, you won't.
Stop with this jewish meme
>>
>>34579348
Quit smoking in the house. That helped me cut back significantly. I'm down to like 5 a day now.
>>
>>34584796
congrats, you're retarded

as faf
>>
>>34584826
You will never quit if you don't go coldturkey, the fact that you still smoke 5 a day still means that you got the mindset taht you are longing for a cigarette. You will not be able to quit that way anon.
>>
>quiting cigarettes

What are you, some kind of a faggot?
>>
File: 6608222113097579031.jpg (217KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
6608222113097579031.jpg
217KB, 960x639px
Because I was stressed out and had watched nearly all of takeshi's yakuza movies during that month. They smoke ALL THE FUCKING TIME IN THOSE. I also have seen many jap movies romanticize smoking, many of my favorite shoegaze bands romanticize it. I was probably quietly affected by those. Then one day last year, in a whim I bought a pack of cigarettes and noticed how it lessened my stress levels, how nice it was and I was surprised how much I liked the flavor of it.
Been smoking for about a year now.
I've had a few short breaks here and there just because I couldn't be arsed to get more, but I always get more cigarettes eventually.

I guess the good side is that I have eaten less sweets and other crap and I have somehow saved money by started smoking. Don't know how that works.

Also its funny how when I was younger and in schools/college, I was always so strongly against smoking. It was the cool kids that didn't smoke obviously. Only the subhuman trash that did and it made me feel somehow better than them.
Only about 7 years after college, here I am, smoking.
>>
>>34584909
I'm not trying to quit. But if anon is, not smoking in the house and cutting back drastically is a better place to go cold turkey from then a pack a day or some such.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.