[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/job/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 12

File: DRW.jpg (83KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
DRW.jpg
83KB, 650x842px
/job/ Thread Guys

>What your job is
>Salary
>How long you've been doing it
>Do you like it?
>Any interesting stories

>18
>Do part time maintenance work for a restaurant
>$11/hour
>About two months
>It's not so bad, I work alone and get to listen to music while I do my work. I only get like <7 hours a week though.
>I've had cops look into the windows seeing if I'm robbing the place, because I work late at night. I've also had people walk in looking for dinner even though were closed.

I just applied to work as a security guard, had my interview yesterday. The interviewer said that as long as I pass the background check and drug test, I'll get the job. I'm looking forward to it, a little nervous though.

All anons welcome to post and share your woes
>>
>>34568187
>22
>McDonald's crew
>min wage (10.50 in my state)
>not in particular, it's pretty easy though and my oneitis works there so I have no motivation to quit and look for another job
>about half a year
>not really

I'm turning in an application to work as a CSO for my campus police department (basically a glorified security guard), I'd probably only get 8 hours a week though so I'll be keeping my other job.
>>
File: tumblr_o0y977rrgc1v0pigno1_400.jpg (48KB, 253x229px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0y977rrgc1v0pigno1_400.jpg
48KB, 253x229px
>>34568276
Your gonna be a security guard too? Cool. Just out of curiosity what made you want to do it? I picked it cause I thought working alone late at night would be /comfy/ and also cause I love /x/ and usually security guards get good stories
>>
>>34568533
I intern at the Sheriff's Department and a retired detective who now works for the campus PD but still shows up to help out every now and then pointed me towards it. I want to get into law enforcement and it seems like it'd be a good stepping stone. Plus they work a lot of graveyard shifts which does seem oddly comfy.
>>
File: 1480093594302.gif (221KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480093594302.gif
221KB, 500x500px
>>34568650
Yeah, I actually enjoy graveyard. My current gig, if I get it, I'll get to drive around my town alone, from 5pm-1am. I just have to check in on like four different locations. I do expect it to be incredibly boring, but I wouldn't mind it. Only 3 days a week
>>
File: 1466385153033.jpg (83KB, 622x757px) Image search: [Google]
1466385153033.jpg
83KB, 622x757px
>>34568187
>Age
>What your job is
NEET
>Salary
parentsbux
since i dropped out of school
>Do you like it?
I hate my life
>Any interesting stories
no
>>
>34
>full time NEET
>mooching off parents
>7.5 years (how long it's been since I worked)
>I want to kill myself but I'm too much of a pussy
>I spent my 34th birthday completely alone drinking beer in my underpants

I'm going to try my hand at day trading, but I can't see my life getting any better.
>>
>>34569059
Your still young, you can still try to get your life on track. Getting a job is much easier than you'd think
>>
>Age
>What your job is
Yung Spook
>Salary
Doing it 4 free
Probably most of my life
>Do you like it?
It's not for everyone but I enjoy it
>Any interesting stories
Too many to name, rather not speak of it
>>
File: 1461678914435.jpg (56KB, 645x716px) Image search: [Google]
1461678914435.jpg
56KB, 645x716px
>>34569503
I still have hope to get a job anon
>>
>>34569219

>I'm going to try my hand at day trading, but I can't see my life getting any better.

Take it from someone who lost all their money day trading, its a scam. You will only earn big bucks for certain when something major happens (Such as trumps victory) but those opportunities are rare.

>>34568187

>Age

>What your job is

Don't have one but thinking about doing a course in pathology collection and then use that to get into nursing (I'm a male)

>Salary

$0
>>
File: 90W.jpg (281KB, 609x700px) Image search: [Google]
90W.jpg
281KB, 609x700px
>>34569576
Do you have any idea what you might like to do? When I graduated High School I was a helpless NEET until I abandoned myself and my fears and tried something new. I'm still nervous as fuck to do a Security Guard job but I'm gonna do it
>>
>>34568187

>18
>Accounting student
>Whatever I scrounge off my parents
>5 months now
>Have lots of free time and it's easy
>>
File: 1454963746720.png (28KB, 645x773px)
1454963746720.png
28KB, 645x773px
>>34569629
I have no idea what to do,
>>
File: IDK.jpg (685KB, 1681x2490px)
IDK.jpg
685KB, 1681x2490px
>>34569540
1. What the fuck is Yung Spook
2. If you have that many interesting stories I'm sure atleast one pokes out in your mind as worth telling

>>34569719
What's one thing that you like that you could possibly turn into a job
>>
File: 1482205208790.jpg (129KB, 625x908px) Image search: [Google]
1482205208790.jpg
129KB, 625x908px
>Age

>What your job is
Clerk at a Gas Station

>Salary
under 20k/yr, $10/hr.

3 years combined (quit after 2 years, came back last year)

>Do you like it?
Yeah it's a pretty easy job. I get most of my other co workers to do work for me but when I do work I do it well and I do it right.

>Any interesting stories

I probably have a few but it's mostly people being dumb over prices and hamplanets coming in and stuff and signage not being changed to correct prices.

>tfw your manager hires incompetent pieces of shit because they think the job doesn't require 2 people

ugggghhh
>>
>27
>hotel house keeper
>$10 an hour
>1 year in April
>Always work morning and guaranteed 2 days off a week so I'm not complaining. Have worked far worse jobs
>I once went into the room of an army dude who had 12 unopened hentai doujins on his desk
>>
File: 1482821519733.png (329KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1482821519733.png
329KB, 960x540px
Hello wagies, I'm not one of you yet, but I'm going to be once I drop out of uni this semester.

Any good advice on where to start for a 19 year old without a single day's worth of work experience in his life?

I still need to finish my license so I can drive, but I just need to know where to look/what kind of jobs to look for, preferably something that doesn't require strength like construction, since I am a scrawny weakling.
>>
>26
>CAD monkey
>27k bongs
>3 years
>Could be worse. I do not like working in an office and want to learn a trade part time so I can get out. I don't want to become an engineer so will hit the pay ceiling in a few years.
>No but some advice. Do not ever buy a new build unless you have no other choice.
>>
>>34570217
Look for apprenticeships. No experience required and you won't end up non-skilled.
>>
>>34570373
There's an old guy runs an odds and ends repair shop that's not too far from where my parents house is, the only problem is I am not sure if they are going to kick me out after I drop, and if I do, I don't really know where I'd end up.

It certainly seems like a good idea, and I had forgotten about this until you mentioned it. I should look more into that.
>>
>19
>work part time at my cities forestry department during the summer, still in uni
>got 9/hr last year going to get 10.50/hr this year
>did it for the first time last summer, coming back for a second round unless I get an internship in my major, I'm lazy as fuck though so that's doubtful
>yeah it's a neat gig, taught me everything I needed to know, did good work so they trust me on my own, also kinda fun cause I travel all over my city everyday see new stuff, got to use a chainsaw, it's not a private company so the hours are nice and they are nice to us when it's hot, get ice cream and drinks and stuff
>not really, one of the fulltimers caught a flying squirrel mid air one time while up in the bucket truck, that was kinda cool
>>
>>34570587
Go for it m8. Approach your parents before you drop out so it's not a shock to them. Act motivated/positive even if you are unsure.

Would the old guy pay for certification? If not you may have to learn part time. A normal apprenticeship would likely include that training.
>>
File: IMG_5221.jpg (30KB, 540x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5221.jpg
30KB, 540x333px
>18
>Convience store/gas station clerk
>11.03/hr
>~6 months
>Like it way better than any other job I've had
>I have a couple somewhat worth telling if anyone's interested, but nothing as retarded as when I worked at subway. Best one would either be about the guy thinking bread was $159 or the man who ended the conversation with "Woof woof".
>>
>36
>"cto"
>$135k
>almost 10 years
>no/yes
>it's boring as shit

I put CTO in quotes because it's just a titular thing. I'm the only tech guy at this small internet based company. Theoretically it's super comfy: <10 mins from home, and I have my own office. Work 12PM - 8PM ostensibly to be able to be around if any disasters happen (we're on the east coast [US], most customers are west coast). Office is open 9-5 so I'm here 3 hours by myself every night.

No supervision during the day tho. I [[literally]] have only browsed 4chinz and l'eddit this week so far and have done maybe 45 minutes of actual work. And that's being generous.

It's like getting neetbux and wagecucking at the same time. But it's so boring, absolutely meaningless and empty. I've been depressed pretty much my entire life, so that doesn't help. Plus there's no opportunity for advancement, so I could be doing this same shit 10 years hence.

I don't even know if I'm bragging or complaining about this situation, but I guess it doesn't matter which.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.