[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are motorcycles robot or normie?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: colors.jpg (559KB, 1516x1178px) Image search: [Google]
colors.jpg
559KB, 1516x1178px
are motorcycles robot or normie?
>>
>>34567834
Don't know mate but I've owned 3 bikes over the last 5 years and fucking love it.

Riding the bike around town and on long windy country roads in summer is one of the best feels ever. Going out to meet girls/friends (very rare occurrence both) feels cool as fuck when on the bike.

Can be inconvenient but there are ways around it.
>>
>>34567834
Absolutely normie
>>
>>34567834
Motorcycle riders:
> Old fat Harley guys with their pig wives
> Minorities on sport bikes
> Tech industry nu-males on adventure bikes
> Hipsters on CB500s converted into cafe racers

I sold my bike last year, don't miss the riding community at all tbqh
>>
200% normalfag desu senpai
>>
>>34567951
Where do you live? Because thats mostly true for a lot of shit. Few bike riders have actual chill.

I'm about to buy my first bike, no regards for others or what others think about me. I want to be alone on the bike, and go to places I otherwise would never go to because I normally spend all my time alone at home.
>>
>>34567951
>the riding community
fuck off normal
owning a motorbike isn't some kind of fucking identity
>>
>>34567834
Motorcycles are 99% Normie, 1% Outlaw, and 0% Robot.
>>
>>34567834
They are for edgy normies that want to stand out in the crowd.
>>
>>34567834
depends on what your riding
faggit
>>
>>34568130
How about ride what you like and not give any shits what others think?
>>
>>34567951
>Be white guy who rides a sports tourer (Fazer 600/FZ6)

tfw I don't fit into any of these categories

Also these categories are very US centric. It's absolutely not like that here in the UK
>>
File: 1483265574979.jpg (145KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483265574979.jpg
145KB, 768x768px
>>34567834
Motorcycles get people killed all the time.
I don't understand why you would ride one when you accidents easily occur out on the open road.
>>
>>34567879
>Inconvenient

I'd say. What do you do in the winter when it snows and the roads are icy, when it rains?
>>
>>34568539
Drive my car mostly

When I do ride the bike I just layer up and ride carefully.
>>
>>34568520
So do drinking, drugs, driving a car, and simply existing. Just because something is risky doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.
>>
>>34568595
You can moderate all of those things, and an accident in a car is no where close to the bodily damage sustained from getting into a wreck on a motorcycle.

2 people that I know died on motorcycles because of other people running stop signs and shit like that. One didn't even drive his every day.
>>
File: bike.jpg (434KB, 1280x1616px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
434KB, 1280x1616px
>>34567951
>minorities on sports bikes
i own a dirt bike, although sports bikes are pretty cool..
>>
>>34568648
You mean mitigate. And sometimes shit happens such as people running stop signs and colliding into your bike. A bus could run a red light as you're using a crosswalk and turn you into pulp. No bike necessary.

But you're right, mitigation of risk is what most people do; when you're riding a bicycle you might wear helmets or pads. When you cross the street, you look both ways, when you drive on the freeway you wear a seatbelt, use a car with safety equipment, and you don't drive riskily.

Riding a motorcycle is dangerous, with risk comes reward. Mitigate the risk, and you can often avoid it.
>>
>>34567834

Depends on the bike.

You could be a Lone wolf Harley rider.
>>
>>34568757
Yet the people that I know that died/got paralyzed by motorcycles thought they could mitigate the inherent risks of riding one. They wore helmets and everything. One got wrapped around a yield sign, and it crushed his rib-cage and punctured his lungs. A helmet didn't help him there.

Motorcycles are statistically the most dangerous ride. It's even worse because of the in-attendance from other drivers due to texting.

I'll never drive one around for the simple purpose that it's more likely to get me killed than walking across the street.
>>
>>34568872
Oddly enough, helmets only protect your head. There are hard pads that resemble a football pad. Theres even a personal airbag for bike riders. There are knee high boots that you could do a flying skid on for a mile and there would still be material left for protection. With all the possible protection gear, it takes 30 minutes just to put it on and you have more armor than a SWAT officer.

However, 95% of riders never use the paragons of personal protection because its like $8000 for the full array.

You mean inattention, not in-attendance. And yes, thats specifically what they teach you in motorcycle riding classes. You are invisible and people don't give a shit about you. Its why you have to ride defensively with the assumption that someone else is likely to kill you.
>>
>>34569009
First off, I did mean in-attendance. It's like they're not there.

It's my belief that the road is very chaotic, and it's impossible to truly protect yourself from everything that's out there. It's arrogant to think you can circumvent the man deciding to run a red-light or stop sign by pure caution alone. Someday you'll get caught in it.

If I have to suit up like a SWAT officer to enjoy an activity, what's the purpose in participating in the first place when it's that dangerous?
>>
>>34567834
They're pretty normie. The only people who own them now, though, are hipsters and old guys who couldn't afford them growing up.
>>
>>34569126
This. My dad bought one with his savings after his brother died and it's pretty much the reason why him and my mom divorced
>>
>>34569307
>Getting divorced over finances

This is why I'm never marrying an American girl.
>>
>>34569094
No, in-attendance means they are there. Which is true, they are physically present. However they are not paying attention to the road, or distracted with a cell phone which is what inattention means.

And you're right, you cannot protect yourself from everything thats out there. There is what is called a moral dilemma from drivers (bikes or cars) whereby the more safety features they are aware of, the safer their perception of operating that machine is.

Its why soccer moms drive 4 ton SUVs with 67 airbags, crumple zones, and stability control. They think even if they were to be hit by something, they will escape unscathed. Which more often they are true, however this leads to them driving faster, not paying attention to the road, perhaps driving after drinking, and paying less attention to the road because they think the computer will save them if something happens.

Motorcycles don't have any of that, and require a higher level of operation which many riders simply don't do. If you're bored enough, just look at the crashes of bikes on youtube. You can clearly see someone is either riding way too fast, or simply not looking for potential hazards.
>>
>>34569377
Yet it's easy to slip-up and ultimately maim yourself. I see no reason to bother with such a thing in the first place. I look at all of the information regarding fatalities on motorcyles, and I can't look away.

If you're thinking about anything aside from the road, you could pay a price triple of what a person driving a vehicle would. Even if you're completely there, there are somethings that you can't protect yourself from. This is the primary reason I see no point in owning a motorcycle.

I simply disagree that it's worth owning and riding one over a car. It should be a toy at the most.
>>
>>34569603
>I see no point in owning a motorcycle.
Risk isn't a measurable quantity, and everyone has different levels of risk tolerance. Some people want that large SUV because they don't want to drive a 'riskier' mazda miata, or even riskier motorcycle. However small cars, sports cars, risky driving is still done every day. Consider those small sports cars with minimal driver safety, these are just as risky as a motorcycle.

Everyone is risk adverse, however everyone accepts some level of risk. Its okay to accept lower levels of risk than another person. Even if you ride dirtbikes where no other cars are within 50 miles of you comes with similar risks.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.