[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marriage

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: chadmidair.jpg (485KB, 1400x650px) Image search: [Google]
chadmidair.jpg
485KB, 1400x650px
Why do people get married? I never want to, i don't see the point.

It kinda makes sense if you are religious i guess but otherwise there seems no advantages

>Costs a fortune to have a wedding
>If you get a divorce, that costs, and you'll prob lose half your shit
>>
>>34566400
Your both points are false.
There are ways to be married without expenses and marriage contracts preventing ripoff
>>
>>34566434

Well you could just go to the office lel but 99% of women will want a big special day so everyone gives them attention.

And most people lose shit in divorce.

How does marriage prevent ripoff? As long you have seperate bank accounts i dont see how that would happen.
>>
No man in their right mind would do it unless these feminist laws are fixed. This is shown by drastically decreased rates of marriage.

Have children and stay together for life (good luck doing this with modern women), but never enter into the legal contract of marriage.

>>34566434
You're right about the first part, however not the second.

A judge can choose to nullify a prenup, and there's some things a prenup can't protect against. You can't just say "I keep all my money and get custody of the kids" in a prenup.
>>
The problem is that I want kids, but can get fucked over with marrying. What is the correct way to do this?
>>
The only upside I see to marriage is that it's a largely symbolic ceremony to affirm and prove you really love someone, that you are devoting yourself and your life completely to them. The idea that you can't just up and quit is a bond that keeps people together in difficult times. But Las Vegas weddings and $200 divorces have turned the whole thing into a sham.
A lot of people get married because they think it'll turn them into adults. The women also really love the attention of being the bride.
>>
>>34566596

have kids without getting married obviously.
>>
>>34566601

if it was a sign of devotion then why does divorce exist lol. Also, if you are with your gf for years and years thats enough dedication atm. A bit of paper doesnt show someone that you love them.
>>
>>34566400
There's a lot to say here, but the main reason not to get married is because it brings no benefits for the man.
If your marriage is anything less than perfect, it will cost you time and money. There is literally no reason to get a legal document that gives a chick the right to take your things. That ring won't keep her faithful, so what is the fucking point?
And I'm not even being bitter, I'm gay, but poor straightfags keep getting tricked into the trap of marriage. She will suck every penny out of you she can and the law is entirely on her side because she has a vagina. If (when) she cheats, and you hopefully divorce, you'll be paying her monthly for the privilege.

Don't get married.
>>
File: 040[2].png (629KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
040[2].png
629KB, 512x512px
You can't achieve maximum level of comfy without a stable marriage

>unlimited sex (if you're not a beta)
>emotionally stable = mentally stable
>you wouldn't marry if you weren't economically stable
>playing the comfiest game aka IRL tamagotchi aka having chilren
>have someone to have fun with after retirement and both of you are dry and wrinkly
>only way to unlock the ultimate good ending to the main story line your life (passing away while surrounded by the well developed tamagotchies and their own tamagotchies).

stop looking at life from a basement dweller's perspective and you'll see a shed of light.
>>
>>34566719
there's literally no reason to do anything, yet you;re still breathing.
>>
File: 1459472296930.jpg (495KB, 1305x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1459472296930.jpg
495KB, 1305x1265px
>>34566400
>dat teethe
>>
>>34567172
They just have to be british. That was my first thought when I saw this pic
>>
File: JUST wojak.png (267KB, 637x360px) Image search: [Google]
JUST wojak.png
267KB, 637x360px
You guys are incredibly jaded.

While most women are literal whores, but if you find a really nice girl, marrying her would be the best way to show her you are serious.

Then you can live together and have kids and live a happy life with a loving wife and family

>This will never happen to me
>>
Apart from legal benefits, it's a sign of commitment
>>
>>34567167
well, marriage won't make you happy, so why do it?
i do things that make me happy, like not getting fucked over by women
>>
>>34567222
sooner or later these things that make you happy will make you feel dull and no longer satisfy you.

just like vidya and anime.
>>
>>34567203
Did you ever see any of these fabled 'nice girls'?
I can call everyone who doesn't believe in unicorns jaded with the same logic
>>
File: Dave.gif (2MB, 366x206px) Image search: [Google]
Dave.gif
2MB, 366x206px
>>34567145
>IRL tamagotchi aka having chilren
>>
File: 1485198705890.jpg (15KB, 480x252px) Image search: [Google]
1485198705890.jpg
15KB, 480x252px
>>34567203
>yfw you use to fuck a girl back in the day that was younger than you and were her first.

>yfw you dump her right after leaving her permanently fucked up and clingy

>yfw fast forward 3 yr's has a kid now is married and you come back to town

>yfw she leaves her husband and gets back with you only you live miles away and is basically a long distance thing

>yfw only after 4 months of talking she says she's madly in love with you and ask you if you plan on marrying her.

Op marriage doesn't mean shit in this day and age. I use to be like you and thought it was sacred but its just another scam by woman to take your shit.
>>
File: cake-free-licence-commons-image.jpg (77KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
cake-free-licence-commons-image.jpg
77KB, 750x420px
>>34566400
Women want to get married the most because it gives them control and access to a man's resources. also it gives them the security of locking a man down when they become old and unattractive. Most men don't want to get married and become a slave but they do because their girlfriend nags them to get married or society pressures him to keep society going by becoming a slave in marriage.
>>
>>34566434
how about not getting married at all other animals can have families without getting married. they have baby monkeys and they are doing fine without getting married.
>>
>>34567888
they also can rape kill and steal without a problem, doesn't make it right.
>>
>>34566400
Marriage really became a thing with the neolithic revolution, when agriculture became the main mode of subsistance and private property made its way into the economy.

Back then, marriage was the very core of the sedentary society, and it essentially gave you two things:
1. A legal support for the passation of resources and goods to the heirs of the couple.
2. Safe economical environment for the woman and her offspring, in a world where women rarely had access themselves to the means of production

Number 1 is the most important point.
The first societies to implement private properties needed some sort of system that would answer and cement many legal questions like "who owns that", "who owes what to whom", and so on. The first writing systems of the western world (Sumer, Egypt, ...) came to be to fulfill those needs, the need to write down economical data, to manage and administrate. Marriage in the form we know today is the result of that. You can't have an ordered society where it is unknown who is the son of who, who owns what, who is going to inherit what, etc. Now, there was no way to know back then for sure who was the son of who, but that didn't matter. The society needed a label on people, a structure, no matter if it was based on truth or not. Religion supported that a lot, and made it very easy to have most people conform to it. Instead of explaining all that to people, you made up stories about how its bad not to marry and how its bad to have children outside marriage, and so on, and those things were usually supported by law as well. The separation of state and religion is a very recent idea, in the Antiquities it would have been unconceivable.

Before the neolithical revolution, marriage took other forms and had other purposes.

Now, nowadays, marriage is arguably the remnant of a bygone age. People still care about it, but few could really tell you why they care about it.
>>
>>34567203
>While most women are literal whores, but if you find a really nice girl, marrying her would be the best way to show her you are serious.

not going to find that in the good old U.S.A because women are free to practice their bad side of nature. if you want to find a "good girl" with her nature suppress by discipline and consequences you need to go to a country were women don't have many rights. also don't take her back to America because she will discover her freedom and exploit it.
>>
>>34566400
Had to because I'm a balding ugly loser who couldn't score with anyone hot. Literally stuck withdraw the most ugliest trash in the world from taiwan. Fml for being asian.
>>
>>34567942
well guess what that is part of nature and human nature but it is suppress with consequences because you can go to jail if you do that. the problem with marriage is that women are free to practice their nature in marriage without any consequences she can just cheat on you and take half your shit,your retirement money, make you pay alimony and make you pay child support.
>>
>>34566400
All girls want to be a princess for a day anon
>>
>>34566400
The original reason was for the wife to be able to leave her parents home and start a life and have children and for the husband to get a woman who was virgin and couldn't sleep around meaning he knew the kids were his to raise his family and take care of the house
Now there is no reason at all and people don't do it anymore
>>
>>34566434
Marriage contracts are not real contracts and have no validity in court unless you are super rich
>>
>>34566596
Get a prostitute in Thailand pregnant and run away
>>
>>34566719
It's wierd how women thought they would turn marriage into a one way street and men would just shut up and take it because there isn't a better option
I guess the only one who wins is the government since women are going to get pregnant and beta virgins are going to support them with tax money
>>
>>34567203
There are no nice girls only girls pretending to be nice long enough to get what they want
If she was truly nice she would understand how dangerous it is for men to have a relationship with her
>>
>>34566687
>if it was a sign of devotion then why does divorce exist lol.

Because people are degenerate. Also divorce shouldn't exist, as Jesus said except in the case of adultery.
>>
marrying is for cucks
>>
>>34566400
Marriage is an out-dated concept from a time where marriages didn't cost a ton of money and were for life, no divorces.
Their purpose was basically so a man could lock down a vagina for his use only, for life. That's it.

>>34567888
>all other animals can have families without getting married.
And these animals also don't have civilizations that contains tens of thousands of families all working in unison, they have the males competing with each other, sometimes to the death, just to get at some pussy.

Marriage (a monogamous one with no divorce) is the cornerstone of civilizations because it's the only thing society can TRULY offer a man that is worth his devotion to said society.
>>
>>34566687
>if it was a sign of devotion then why does divorce exist
Because King Henry VIII wrote to the pope asking for a divorce, the Pope said no, so Henry VIII then went on to reclaim the English Church for the crown and made a fair number of changes to it's doctrine just so he could divorce Catherine of Aragon. He then went on to have five wives who's marriages lasted less than ten years combined, beheading two of them.

Basically it's all the fault of one King Chad who got tired of his old Stacey, that's it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.