[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

substance abuse / life failure help thread come share

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: e30.jpg (33KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
e30.jpg
33KB, 600x434px
alcoholic here. Doctor says if I dont stop My liver will fail me within the next few months. I find that I can't function during the day unless I've had drink the previous night and will have drink after work in the afternoons. I've tried avoiding the issue by eating more healthily and lifting to make myself feel better but cant kick the booze. The past four weeks Ive been smoking cannabis instead and it works well makes me appreciate what I'm doing like being drunk does but I burn through 200euros a week on this and barely have money for food.

Saw doctor again yesterday and asked if I could get by by giving my liver a rest like this every few months and then starting up drinking again and he told me the liver doesnt heal that way and that it will still rapidly deteriorate.

I've come to terms with the fact that I have substance abuse problem addiction and that I might have a mental illness like depression but alcoholic programs dont work on me ,theyre not aimed at virgin losers who cant romance girls wandering aimlessly in life.

side story my uncle who lives in canada that I love very much just died from multiple organ failures from being in life-threatening state of alcoholism for probably 1 years now. I attended his funeral in toronto and whole family was awkward as fuck around me and their son because we both are also in danger zone.

sorry the blogpost, any tips fellas? also feel free to share your stories and ask for help
>>
>>34565934
Doctors can prescribe benzodiazepines which act on the same Gaba receptors so as to ease your withdrawals and toxicity of your liver. Maybe look into that,
>>
My dad almost died from alcohol abuse - I saw him in intensive care when his liver failed. Look for an alcoholics anonymous group and go there. That's what my dad does these days.
>>
You're a selfish cunt who deserves to die painfully. Don't breed.
>>
>>34566002
I might have to go private for that or just buy benzos illegally because a doctor won't prescribe something like that for what I want it for which is as a replacement for alcohol not something to help me go clean.

>>34566013
>selfish
everyone on /r9k/ is selfish and none of us will be breeding any time soon
>>
>>34566321
I think it would be reasonable to take safe one to two etizolam per day and plan to wean yourself off within 3 to 6 months
>>
>>34565934
how much do you drink? I would say I am an alcoholic as well, i usually drink during my work lunches and drink once i get home, not enough to get black out drunk but enough to just not feel so shitty.

i guess i just want to know how much more I need to drink before I become like you.
>>
File: crying cat.jpg (11KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
crying cat.jpg
11KB, 261x192px
>>34565934
My mums struggled with alcoholism for around 5 years now. Its gotten pretty bad but things are starting to look up after she tried to off herself a while back and being in and out of the mental heath ward.

Shes cut out a lot of stressful, unnecessary shit from her life, and now goes to church stuff. Nothing hardcore or anything its just a really positive environment for her and she seems a lot happier being at home on her own now whereas she just couldn't cope without a drink before.

Shes also taking meds that stops your liver from removing the poison from alcohol so if she drinks she needs to go to hospital.

I hope you find a way to manage. Its been hard on my family and i empathise with you anon.
>>
File: kiss anita.png (428KB, 600x585px) Image search: [Google]
kiss anita.png
428KB, 600x585px
>>34565934
>>34567266
How muich you drink famalams?
I'm about to go to the store to get some hard cider as a reward for studying most of the day. Then I'm gonna play vidya, watch a war documentary and read manga, in for a comfy evening.
>>
>>34565934
am i meant to feel sorry for you? your alcoholic scum and did it to yourself, kill yourself
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.