[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any robots read 48 Laws of Power?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 48-laws-of-power.jpg (56KB, 350x404px) Image search: [Google]
48-laws-of-power.jpg
56KB, 350x404px
Have any robots read 48 Laws of Power?
>>
>>34564995
Never heard of it can you give me a brief synopsis
>>
>>34565010
A philosophy/history book about different techniques employed by the greatest trategists in history and how to apply them to your daily life. Interesting stories a lot of the time, I really liked reading it for a lot of the history in it.
>>
>>34565071

Liked it for the history. Its first entry redpill
>>
Total pleb tier, if those things you didn't know by intuition, you are autistic
>>
Haven't read it but I have The Art of Seduction by the same author in my backlog.
>>
>>34565101
Art of seduction is cool because it talks about how historical figures really carried themselves or were in their more intimate relationships. For example it explains why Rasputin got laid so much even though he was ugly as a rat's ass.
>>
>>34565164

And how Nietzsche got cucked lel
>>
>>34564995
Read it, liked it, but you`re only able to pullt the techniques off, if you`re already a focused, self-controlled and charming person.

The average robot would fail hilariously applying the 48 laws.
>>
>>34564995
Yes, its part of the My Little /pol/tard propaganda starter pack
>>
>>34565244
>>>/trash/
Back where you belong
>>
>>34565203
Do you think most normies read this book?
>>
>>34565298
No they're offended by the contents.
>>
>>34565318
Not really, it is the most basic bitch 'edgy' book ever
>>
it's an autistic guide on how to be the most laughed at attempt at being machiavellian. the advice is just retarded sycophanty and ego stroking bullshit. it's garbage and everyone who reads it seriously is an autist who thinks they're a british mastermind villain
>>
>>34565164
What did you do that worked so well? Can you paraphrase it or should I just read the entire book?
>>
>>34565366
What did he do* I mean
>>
It's a shit book. One historical anecdote is not evidence for a concrete "law of power". Sometimes certain strategies work, in other times other strategies work.
And of course, because of the way history is written, these sorts of historical syntheses inevitably only see the times these strategies are successful and ignores the many times they're not.

If you want to understand how people and power work, read some actual social psychology and behavioral economics, not this pop-history bullshit.
>>
>>34565421
name something to read
>>
>>34565469
Start with "Thinking Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky, and "Superforecasting" by Philip Tetlock.
Also try "The Black Swan" by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, but take it with a grain of salt.

None of these books are written like "GET SEXY AND POWERFUL QUICK" manuals, because reality doesn't work like an infomercial. Getting good with people from an autistic background is a long, hard, and intellectually draining process. I would recommend those three books if you want to understand how people work and what they're much less intelligent than they think.

If you just want to get good with women, read "Magic Bullets" by Savoy. It was written before the pickup community was taken over by ALPHA MALE tryhards and misogynistic fedoras. No inane "Evo-psych" pseudo-Nietzcheian philosophy, just practical and sensible advice about what makes women attracted to men.
>>
>>34565298

Nigger rap celebrities look up to it
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (74KB, 540x376px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
74KB, 540x376px
>>34565421

>read some actual social psychology and behavioral economics

0/10
>>
>>34565559
I don't want to be le mysterious manipulator I'm just interested in shit like this and I'd rather read something where I learn something useful instead of novels
>>
>>34565689
That's good then. Still read those books. They're essentially about how humans (including you) consistently get things wrong, and how you can improve.
>>
>>34565559

>"Thinking Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman
>"Superforecasting" by Philip Tetlock
>The Black Swan" by Nassim Nicholas
>"Magic Bullets" by Savoy

Nice meme books
>>
>>34565298
It's written by and for normies.
It's seriously "Guy who dropped out of high school and goes to the gym and thinks he's an entrepreneur/future billionaire because he sells knives and wasted 10 grand on bitcoin" tier shit.
>>
>>34565722
haha yeah the superforecasting meme was my favourite meme
>>
>>34565741

>Author has a meme degree in psychology

Dropped
>>
File: snooki_reading.jpg (417KB, 608x856px) Image search: [Google]
snooki_reading.jpg
417KB, 608x856px
I read it in highschool. its a normie book that uses a vague definition of power.
>getting rich, controlling a person, defeating enemies is power

pic related is the kind of people this book really resonates with.
>>
>>34565333
>Edgy
See, this is what I mean. They think it's edgy when it's just interpretation of real life events and applying the principle of learning from past mistakes. The only people who disagree are goodie goodie tards who get nowhere in life and people who haven't read it.
>>
>>34564995
yes, it's fine but redundant most of the time

reminded me of the 36 stratagems
>>
>>34565787
This is probably the biggest actual problem with the book. If you go in actually expecting to learn a whole lot you're going to be sorely disappointed, unless you want to learn a bunch of little history tidbits, which are fun for annoying your children with in the future I guess.
>>
>>34565680
i really do hate this still from goodfellas, that actors laugh is the most disingenuous thing in the whole movie and he does it quite frequently.
>>
>>34565366
Actually the book is pretty mediocre and overpriced (26 bucks I think paperback?). So I think what he did the best was compiling things from other sources and making them sound interesting, keeping a format that was engaging of

>Introduce law
>Support with historical anecdote or two
>Talk about other writer's interpretations
>Conclusion
>Reversal

Don't expect an infomercial "get rich and influential fast" guide. I read it for fun and enjoyed it mostly because of the stories.
>>
>>34565164
Rasputin had a huge dick though
>>
>>34564995
its pretty good

it works
>>
>>34564995
>Law 2: Learn to use your enemies, for they'll be grateful that you spared them and be more loyal and valuable than a friend ever would
>Law 15: Crush your enemy totally, or else they'll recover and seek revenge

>Law 5: So much depends on your reputation, guard it with your life.
>Law 9: Get others to do the work for you, but always take the credit.

This book is total contradicting shit-tier, padded beyond belief to jam in more historical anecdotes, I mean. How many laws are there along of the lines of "conceal your intentions"?

As a former edgy dgenerate who went down this path, please don't take books like this seriously. Don't get into that 'le dark triad Red Pilled master manipulator' mindset, which stuff like this DOES facilitate. People aren't nearly as stupid as books like these make them out to be; you'll end up ostracising a lot of people and shut out from genuine opportunities.

If you're reading this, this sort of stuff does you more harm than good. Even if this book does have some grains of truth, you're likely not in a position to use any of it towards anything consequential. You're infinitely better off expanding your network of friends and acquaintances as wide as possible, that's where your opportunities will pop up; viewing the world through a wannabe Machiavellian lens DOES ruin this.

You need table stakes before you can play any power games.
>>
>>34566075
different laws for different situations anon. you have yet to post a contradiction.

>LEARN to use your enemies
>if you take the credit your reputation will go up because people thought you did it.
>>
>>34566075
It's assuming you're not a social retard and can evaluate situations. It's not telling you to be an asshole to everyone, it's telling you to get the best of every situation. It might FEEL scummy sometimes, but as long as you keep everyone from thinking it is, it isn't a problem. If you didn't know part of defending your reputation means networking, getting allies, and coming across the way you always want to be seen, that's not the book's fault.
>>
>>34566075
>Laws 2 and 15
If you can't use your enemies destroy them

>Laws 5 and 9
Literally how US military officers have done business for centuries
>>
>>34566100
What are the different situations? If I spare my "enemy" are they going to be a grateful loyalist, or are they going to plot and eventually engineer my downfall?

If you steal someone's credit, that person will despise you and probably plot against you, never mind mention the various laws that promote behaviours preempting silent enemies:
>Law 46: Never Appear Too Perfect. Appearing better than others is always dangerous, but most dangerous of all is to appear to have no faults. Envy creates silent enemies.
>Law 19: Don't Offend the Wrong Person. Deceive or outmanoeuvre some people and they will spend the rest of their lives seeking revenge.

What would you do if someone at work stole credit for your efforts? Would you just shake your head in disappointment and get back to the grind, or would you kick up a fuss and vent about it to your friends at work?
I've been in this environment, people who do shady shit to their coworkers repeatedly get found out, and they get a REPUTATION for it.
>>
File: wtff.png (96KB, 714x310px) Image search: [Google]
wtff.png
96KB, 714x310px
>>34565559
wtf is with this pricing? I checked the US site and its $93 as well
>>
>>34566283
Have you ever had a job? The military is really the best example of taking credit for other people's work.
>>
File: 1481880668015.png (525KB, 611x625px) Image search: [Google]
1481880668015.png
525KB, 611x625px
>>34566283
if someone plots against me, i consider them my enemy, i can crush them or i can bring them back to like me, people are a lot easier to manipulate than you think.
>What would you do if someone at work stole credit for your efforts? Would you just shake your head in disappointment and get back to the grind, or would you kick up a fuss and vent about it to your friends at work?
thats someone you dont want to cross, see law 19.
i dont have to directly tell them im taking the credit, i can keep them with me and make them think they are the spotlight.
or i could just seclude them from it, etc. theres a lot of thing i can do
>>
>>34564995
It's faggot neckbeard shit
>>
>>34566283
>>34566386
this. and what happens when somebody makes a fuss? just ask JFK.

oh wait...
>>
>>34566416
Nigga das edgy
>>
File: 1481170112988.png (322KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1481170112988.png
322KB, 420x420px
>>34566441
>making money
>working on a yard for 150$
>ask friend who works like an absolute mule to help
>he helps and it gets done in 4 hours
>give him 25$
125$ in four hrs aint to bad familia
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.