[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I like Asians and Asian cultures so much?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: asians.gif (2MB, 193x145px) Image search: [Google]
asians.gif
2MB, 193x145px
It's not like I don't know about the dog-eating, autism, whaling and other retarded/crazy shit they've done over the centuries.

But after spending some time in the region (specifically China, Japan and Singapore), getting to know the people and society and understanding their way of thinking and emphasis on national cohesion and identity, I can't help but find a lot to admire and appreciate.

I literally went from "fuck weebs" to "still fuck weebs but I get it."
>>
>>34563288
because their cultures is pretty fun and cozy, atleast some of them, and both of those things are staples for the people who gravitate to r9k usually. even the work they do seems justifiable enough to do as a neet
>>
>>34563288
Because east asian cultures are pretty much the only alternative major "civilized" culture to like for western people. I doubt people would really like to live in Africa or in arab countries, so if you dont really feel like fitting in, asian culture is your only chance besides sub-culture.
>>
>>34563288
shut up you fuckin weeb
>>
>>34563288
Because you have yellow fever and hope you'll land a chink bitch if you pretend to like her culture.
>>
>>34563288
Cultures are cool, especially ones of civilizations. The whites used to have cool cultures...
>>
>>34563337
Nope. Already have a Canadian gf and I'm more than proud of my German-Irish+Choctaw roots. But there's a certain sincerity about the way Asians uphold their roots that make Saint Patty's and Oktoberfest feel more like mockeries of the cultures they're supposed to be celebrating.
>>
Singapore anon here, trust me you don't want to be in this place. While robot life is more prevalent here and there are fembots, you get to combine Asian academic stress with Western Chad culture in schools/uni.
>>
>>34564616
forgot to add, we pretty much do not have any culture at all. everything is stolen from Malaysia and China 2bh. life beyond 20 is mostly wageslaving and if you're a brainlet good luck. the weather is 30 deg C all year round. idk why you would fetishize Singapore of all places.
>>
>>34563288
>I literally went from "fuck weebs" to "still fuck weebs but I get it."
Why do so many people obsess this much over a small old quasi-subculture that for all intents and purposes no longer exists. I never see weebs anywhere, I only see people talk about them endlessly. Is it mental illness?
>>
>>34563288
because the west has gone to thanks to the jews while places like Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea they aren't that bad while still have a homogeneous culture and the women are no where near as horrible as western women.
>>
>>34564657

It's just a nice looking place, I don't think most people think about it further than that.
>>
File: 1484215939527s.jpg (2KB, 124x112px) Image search: [Google]
1484215939527s.jpg
2KB, 124x112px
>>34564680
Newfags take someone posting anime pictures as a weeb.
Although i don't anime, for normalfag posting an anime pic makes me a weeb
>>
>>34564616
Singapore women are greedy af
>>
>>34563288
>>34563316
>>34563320
>>34563347
>>34563464
>>34565813
>>34565867
shut up you fuckin weebs
>>
>>34563288

I like East Asian cultures because they're part of a highly developed civilization without the need for a dogmatic religion/ideology to keep the social body together.
This is what makes Western civilization so volatile. Virtue signalling isn't new, it's the very essence of this part of the world. And ideological conformity hasn't gone away after 1789. Quite the contrary.
>>
>>34564616

>Western chad culture in schools/uni

How does that look?
I've lived in Taiwan for 6 months and I saw dudes who are probably the local Chads here, but in no way are they the dudebro's of the West. We are borderline barbarians, the longer I'm here, the more I realize this. We got a lucky shot in the 19th century, but ever since it's downhill for us.
>>
>>34564616

Not OP but i also really like Asian culture, and i wanted to add that in general the Asian guys i have known are pretty cool guys. I have yet to meet an Asian dude who was a huge asshole. I know this is probably different in Asia but here in the west most of you seem pretty cool.
>>
>>34564616
>>34564657
>tfw singaporean
>tfw brainlet
I hope you have had better luck and choices in your life fellow singanon
>>
>>34566010
Everyone can snap back given enough time. Just seems like the West moved to far and too fast without gaining any proper footing in terms of social unity and preparing their people for drastic global shifts, so now it all just seems to be imploding.

By comparison, things in Asia feel so much more stable.
>>
>>34563288
What fighting style is that in op's gif? Karate, jujitsu or whatever?
>>
>>34564616
Kind of agree. I had a much better time in Bangkok than Singapore. Singaporeans seem so stuck up and rude by comparison.

Not anywhere near as much as people in other parts of the world but definitely by Asian standards. Koreans take the cake though for just being intolerable.
>>
>>34566228
it is wing chu
>>
>>34566228
Looks like Wing Chun.

Aka the art of Ip Man.

https://youtu.be/x9ZRjIiNzhM
>>
>>34566265
>>34566254
Is wing chu a real thing or just a thing ip man did?
>>
>>34566295
wing chu is the most effective fighting style in the world. it is banned from ufc for being too deadly.
>>
>>34566389
>wing chu
for real or are you being sarcastic?
>>
>>34566496
I am both infact. The kind of striking that you use in wing chu is banned because it can cause deadly injury. Other than that I do not know how effective it really is.
>>
>>34566515
Gonna try to learn it. Looks cool as hell!
>>
>>34563288
Because you don't know your own culture and identity and just assume it's nothing.
>>
File: 1449662869913.jpg (58KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449662869913.jpg
58KB, 650x400px
which do you guys think would the nicest asian country to live in?

sk and jap are the only ones i know anything about, and i only know stereotypical shit
>>
> Born in Taiwan
> Brought up in Hong Kong since the age of 2
> Indian by ethnicity
> Educated through private international schools
> Further edcation in the UK for 3 years
> So TCK it hurts

The mix of cultures have fucked me significantly over the years. 2/10 Would not recommend.
>>
File: 1485075222743.jpg (161KB, 1107x728px) Image search: [Google]
1485075222743.jpg
161KB, 1107x728px
>>34566572
SK is absolute garbage. Off-brand Japan.

Go to Japan. Or Thailand, not even joking. No one leaves Thailand unhappy.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.