[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that so many nerds like metal?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: Computer_nerd.jpg (113KB, 530x402px) Image search: [Google]
Computer_nerd.jpg
113KB, 530x402px
Why is it that so many nerds like metal?
>>
>>34562736
Because normies only listen to mainstream music. Either because they have no time in their vast social lives to explore different music or they simply think it's uncool.
Nerds are the exact opposite.
>>
>>34562736
Bitter virgin nerd rage
>>
>>34562736
Rihanna or sabaton ?
Lady gaga or alestorm ?
Normie music us litteraly the same thing (same beats, same subject sex/grugs/alcohol/love, same melody), meanwhile every metal band is different and you can find numerous subjects (for example sabaton is more of power metal band who sings about notorious moment of history, alestorm is more about the piratey area and lust of adventure and exploration, korpiklani's song are about finnish divinities, nightwish is a symphonic metal band and their lyrics are like poetry, powerwolf are often about christianity and myths)
I can go on for days
>>
>>34562834
Power metal underrated af. Blind Guardian, Lost Horizon, Epica, Primal Fear, Helloween, etc. So much good music.
>>
>>34562834
>nightwish

how's middle school treating you, anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 443x332px
it makes me feel powerful. it screams for me when i cant.

it scares my mommy.
>>
>>34564546
thanks for the kek anon
oeuw
>>
>>34562834
Alestorm is meme metal, anon. Don't listen to meme metal.
And most power metal is cheesy as fuck.
>>
>>34564124
Power metal is the shit anon.
\m/
>>
It helps me hit dat 600pd deadlift

I mostly listen to neofolk and martial industrial, get out edged edgelords
>>
people with bad taste tend to like shitty things
>>
Metal tends to be very stimulating and complex, which it shares in common with pretty much everything else that we tend to like.
>>
>>34564568
I guess every body has his own taste but i do like the "piratey" music like alestorm, the mckenzies, ye banished privateers
>>
>>34562736
Because it actually means something
>>
File: tmp_28826-2287-786340249.jpg (6KB, 224x221px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28826-2287-786340249.jpg
6KB, 224x221px
>>34562736
Because it's the best genre in some cases. Fuck prog, power, glam, and anything -core
>>
>>34562736
The only band that even remotely resembles metal that I listen to is Alice in Chains WITH STALEY ONLY, rage against the machine is kind of metal as well.. SOAD but they are more nu-metal as well as Deftones.

everything else is sort of gay senpai
>>
>>34562736
The only way they can express their impotent anger
>>
Musically speaking metal is superior to all others except classical. The theory and composition and arrangements are mint. Got into metal through classical.
>>
There's a lot of it. If you listen to mainstream genres you'll find out that besides the best known songs most of the stuff out there is pretty bland and pales in comparison, however in the case of metal the obscure stuff is usually much better in quality than the better known songs, so it gives nerds something to get deep on.

It's also edgy and bitter, so there's the identification thing.
>>
>>34564841
Fuckin love Alice in Chains too bro \m/
>>
Nerds like complexity. Metal is very complex and praises skill. But it's not all skill; without soul, it's considered wank, and will be scorned at. Its spooky demeanor keeps out the shitters, leaving the perfect realm for elitist nerds to indulge in.

t. metal fan
>>
>>34562762
metal is mainstream music
>>
>>34562736
I love the crazy shit some people pull off, and it's so varied there's something for every mood. Also this >>34565046

>>34564124
>Blind Guardian
>Helloween
Good taste my man

>>34565047
Not all of it, some of the better stuff is pretty underground
>>
>>34565046
>>34564892
>>34564600
>I listen to metal because it's complex! it's because i'm intelligent. Not because I still haven't progressed passed the musical taste of a 13 year old!

Metal is for manchildren

The ones that almost exclusively listen to metal are the worst as well. They think it's the best and most >>>complex<<< (LOL) genre because they haven't even scratched the surface of other genres and think the rest of music is top 40 shit
>>
>>34566433
All varieties of music can be good. People who dismiss metal are just as retarded as people who only listen to metal. It is correct that it's generally more complex than other genres although a lot of it is pure wank. It's still better than
>KE KE KE RRRRRAAAA punna punna punna igomubzinaco hedimubseidho dfgdshfdshdshdfh
>>
>>34562736
That's the wrong question. The question is why do so many nerds like shitty, watered down mainstream metal?

see: >>34562834
>>34564124
>>34564647
also probably >>34564600
>>34564892
>>34564923
>>34565046
judging from all this complexity talk they're probably dream theather fans
>>
>>34565032
Watch the live version of bleed the freak dude Staley was in his prime and ripped the moore to pieces before he was shooting up everyday

That dude KILLED SHIT
>>
>>34564600
>Metal tends to be very stimulating and complex

Kill yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKS1WTM6fzg
>>
>>34564600
Yeah gotta to agree with this anon right here>>34566653.. That was kind of gay
>>
>>34566653
Nigger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utqWrkVEQvI
>>
>>34564892
lol

go tell that to jazz musicians. metal babbies think running up and down harmonic minor modes fast is complex
>>
>>34566598
>judging from all this complexity talk they're probably dream theather fans

dream theater is pure geek music for people more focused on technical ability than musicianship. i dont know how anyone can listen to that lame shit.
>>
>>34566752
Yeah I think I tried to listen to dream theater and just decided I didn't like men

Layne Staley though, you metal heads need to get fixated on Alice in Chains dude holy shit.. greatest band ever hands fucking down
>>
>>34566509
>It is correct that it's generally more complex than other genres

give me literally ONE reason that shows that

if you unironically believe metal is actually more "complex" than other genres then you're naive of the depths of other genres and probably listen to a lot of metal
>>
>>34566653
>half of the video is "core" shit
Nice try laddy
>>
>>34566433
Sounds like you've only heard shit metal, friendo. Nobody said shit about being more intelligent than you, you don't need to be so insecure, even though we're on /r9k/.
>>
File: IMG_20170131_025614.jpg (355KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170131_025614.jpg
355KB, 2048x2048px
> metal is complex
> smack a drum and shout like an autists
Also metal is mainstream and gay.
>>
>>34567008
Oh shit you got me :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUgpSZ2XYpE
>>
File: 1485152018526.jpg (209KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485152018526.jpg
209KB, 833x1000px
>>34562736
>tfw too far gone the black metal hole you can't enjoy normie metal anymore

always left alone at the table because everyone goes on the dance floor to headbang to du hast or T.N.T

even tried it once, saw a chick grinding a guy and realised this is now degeneracy as well
>>
>>34566946
no, i've heard good metal, and good music of a lot of other genres

the idea that metal is a more complex genre is completely retarded though
>>
>>34567117
I would say that any genre has the potential for complexity, but that the average complexity of certain genres is higher than others.
>>
complexity doesn't mean good

i can post a whole bunch of extremely complex theory wank music that sounds like complete shit
>>
>>34567052
>*grunts* *grunts *grunts*
>let's tap the drums as fast as I can and pluck a guitar at random points
>edgy indistinguishable scrawl band name
>"gutting the child"
LOL
>>
https://youtu.be/stgrSjynPKs

True robbit
>>
>>34567200
>metal is drum slamming and growling
>post drum slamming and growling
>"lol this is drum slamming and growling"
Are you so autistic that you can't grasp what a joke is? That album was so bad it became a meme
>>
dude listen to this and you have the aswer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFuMKdrzPqU
>>
>>34567251
all the extreme subgenres of metal sound like that though, how am I meant to tell
>>
>>34567347
The lack of a guitar kind of gives it away
>>
>>34564546
this desu slipknot is the bees knees
>>
>>34567138
what gives metal the capacity to be more complex than punk, jazz, psych, folk, art pop, IDM etc?
>>
>>34567431
Read his post again
>>
>>34567508
he's implying that metal is one of the genres with a higher average complexity, which it isn't at all
>>
i like metal cuz i play guitar and piano
i like it cuz i appreciate good riffage
but ill listen to/appriciate anything i deem enjoyable or interesting metal isnt the only genre with great riffage bots
>>
>>34567542
>what gives metal the capacity
>capacity
>>
>>34562834
Holy shit, anon, you're autistic.

Nerds listen to metal because they have shit taste. That's also why they always dress like tards. It also makes them feel special, and it makes them think that they have some redeemable qualities.
That being said, metal is actually a popular and fairly normie genre, and a lot of normies listen to it because it's accessible and easy to understand.
>>
metal is for special snowflake manchildren with superiority complexes that got bullied during childhood. Many of those types found safeplace in computers during teenage years and eventually became elitist geeks.

Its shit and dont even start with muh You just listened to wrong metal bs because I used to listen everything from Meshuggah to ISIS
>>
DUDE METAL /m/ LMAO
You edgy teens don't know shit about music
give me a metal album better than this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKWNVXwlAk4&list=WL&index=8
you fucking can(t
>>
File: Dopethrone.png (2MB, 1362x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Dopethrone.png
2MB, 1362x1350px
>>34567773
>Meshuggah
>ISIS
>>
Not sure what you call it but I listen to Like Moths To Flames and some Parkway Drive.
>>
Industrial > All
espeically KMFDM
>>
>>34567653
Dis nigga right here speaking the truth. Metal is fucking shit tier. Please open up your ears. Many of you itt talk as if it's just metal vs mainstream, or normie vs nerd music. There's sooooo many more genres besides metal or pop, but I still gotta insist, metal is bad, but its fans are worse
>>
>>34564892
Wow, just wow. Really?
>>
>x genre is bad
>y genre is superior to z
Spotted the true plebs
>>
>>34562834
I've been listening to metal all my life and i'd rather kill myelf than listen to Alestorm or any of the other horseshit you named
seriously, kill yourself please
>>
I fucking hate metalfags with a passion.

Listening to tough guy music doesn't make you tough, losers.
>>
File: Trent_Rezfeels.png (62KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Trent_Rezfeels.png
62KB, 645x773px
>>34568391
>tfw wearing a kmfdm tshirt right nao
>>
I like some metal just as a like some artists/songs in a lot of different genres.
That being said pretty much all of the few metalheads i've met were elitist cunts and based their whole personality around the music they listen to. I can only think of a couple who weren't obnoxious about it and just enjoyed it.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.