[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technology is our energy, coding is our magic, and you are the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: internet.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
internet.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
Technology is our energy, coding is our magic, and you are the wizard.

You just need to harness your power through training, countless hours of training by your elder of which resides on that one tutorial series that's actually good.
>>
File: are-you-a-wizard.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
are-you-a-wizard.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
Teach me your ways oh great and powerful one.
>>
>>34559267
Do u mean the metasploit minute?

If I start with Kali loonix will I learn bad habits
>>
>>34559267
I study amongst the greatest computer wizards, at the University
>>
I seriously love coding
>>
I really want to get into coding but I have no idea where to start and my computer is 7 years old and is garbage
>>
teach an idiot like me about programming, software, and hardware
>>
>>34559267
Realistically how hard is it to do? How advanced of programs can I expect to be able to write if I dedicate myself to it, a year from now?
>>
Coding is honestly really fun
Plus I get to crossdress while I do it
Which is good too
>>
>>34560854
>Plus I get to crossdress while I do it
wat
>>
>taking a c++ class
>too dumb to write the most basic assignment
this is all i have been working on for the past week, despite countless tutorials I'm just too fucking dumb.

its strange, i have done significantly above average on IQ tests and scored 99th percentile for on science on the ACT
>>
>>34560993
What is the assignment?
>>
>computers and networks are intricate systems of electrical signals
>adepts at working with this system are like priests to the ancient gods of lightning
do you even electromance?
>>
File: 1476043920659.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476043920659.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>>34559267
have you heard about 4chan?
>>
>>34560993
huh, turns out intelligence is not as simple as an iq number

whoda thot
>>
>>34561041
that's probably my biggest issue.
honestly i think the professor is kind of a tool who likes to explain things in the most abstract and general way possible
if he had said "first assignment, program a game of chess" at least he would understand that it was something i have no hope of completing.
>>
>>34561173
i never thought i was very bright myself, i just seem to specialize in those types of tasks to the detriment of all other mental tasks.
all my life, i kept constantly being told that i was some genius, and i would succeed if i only put in the slightest amount of effort.
but i worked incredibly hard, only to be foiled by my shit brain genetics.
>>
>>34561236
So what is the assignment?
>>
>>34561306
Basically, i don't know.
>>
>>34561324
Post it. Coding oregano
>>
>tutorial series that's actually good
Read books instead. /sci/ compiled a fantastic list of around 100 books to read relative to computer science.
>>
>>34559568
Codecademy.org
>>
>>34560854
c-can I see?
Complete originality
>>
Would a game that teaches programming in a simple fun way that's not too abstract but more like kinda dead simple going to be useful? (for all ages)

Not like how someone would benefit from 2 semesters in a uni, but more like half a semester. Just to at least help clueless people walk the baby steps, teach them some logic and open the door for them to explore and self-teach themselves via real technical courses.

t. Student+Programmer+Gamedev+Tutor
>>
>>34563547
Let me know what you fags think. Any game ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thinking if multiplayer could be introduced too to enable people to help each other in a given level.
>>
>>34563547
>teaches programming in a simple fun way that's not too abstract but more like kinda dead simple

Would be useful for teaching kids if you can make it engaging. What kind of thing did you have in mind?

With adults though I think the rudimentary steps are quite basic as it is if one is willing to learn.
But programming isn't for everyone, you either get it or you don't
>>
>>34563625
Nothing in particular. I've experimented concocting some ideas but applied two prototypes partially only to realize they wouldn't work out (not so beneficial from a programming perspective) because the core concept itself is bland.

Right now I have blurry vision of the game structure that would meet the goals I mentioned in my first post. It'd be like this pseudo-assembly language (TIS-2000) that has couple units (mini computers) that interaft with each other. But it requires lots of reading and possibly previous programming skillw. Game I have in mind would be rather visual, than textual programming, where you manipulate the game world to win a level. Level would be partitioned to subproblems and use each other result just like TIS and these subproblems would be somehow physical not too abstract. Allowing multiplayer gameplay (each player solves a problem).

I did teach teens and adults programming. And I'm capable of programming a game but to see it through to the end is not as easy as talking about it. Especially when the game concept is weak. Which is why I'm reaching out for ideas, tips, suggestions.
>>
>>34563757
Cum on fags.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.