[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normie Mental Illness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>I've got social anxiety!

You're in like fifteen different clubs/societies and go out every weekend with a huge group of friends, and you always complain about how you hate being alone.

Meanwhile, the very thought of having a gf makes me shrivel up inside with fears of incompetency and failure.

>Omg I'm OCD because I think about my past soooooo much

YOU FUCKING BITCH, THAT'S CAUSE YOU'RE SO SELF ABSORBED

>Ugh, I'm so depressed...

Cause your gf broke up with you? You don't know the depth of loenliness and self hatred some people in this world drown in every single day, but some heartache (HEARTBREAK IS THE NORMIEST SHIT EVER AND THE WORST THING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TO SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER FELT LOVE, YOU FUCKING PRICK) has you down? Cry me a fucking river, scum.

Please post your own relatable normie "mental illness" situations. Pic related, it's now trendy to be normie tier mentally ill, and it's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>34558412
op why do you care so much about normiz?
This is an useless /thread
>>
File: 1465485491635.jpg (58KB, 486x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465485491635.jpg
58KB, 486x500px
>Please post your own relatable normie "mental illness" situations

stay inside all day.
>>
>>34558412
It's strange how people never notice other people's pain. They always look the other way. Until some normie wants to describe their meme tier mental health issues. I feel you OP I feel you. But the more you alienate yourself to other people. The harder it's gonna be to blend in
>>
>>34558506
Gets harder to blend in the older I get, unfortunately. There's probably a social glass ceiling or some shit that I'm just waiting to hit. Doesn't help that my boss likes to pry, and she gets glimpses of my real life, shit I've tried to hide forever.

Something has seemed so off lately with her, like our conversations are permanently stilted. I must have let something crucially autistic slip...
>>
File: 1476043920659.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476043920659.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>>34558412
>IM SO LONELY
has immediate replies
>i have no one to text to
has around 20 groupchats and all social media you could imagine
>im so ugly
doesnt dates ugly guys
>le depressed
i blame normie edgy shows/movies
>>
>>34558866
This is the best pic ive seen in a long time. Also nice triple doubles.
>>
>>34558412
what mental illlness is this?

"ONLY I CAN HAVE MENTAL ILLNESSES!!! ONLY ME!!! IM SPECIAL PITY MEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

i'm a bundle of issues! a complex enigma. a deep dark soul. you cannot pretend to be like me! none of you relate! only *i* have seen the dark side!!!! *cackles* amrite
>>
>>34558608
You know I think that's just normal as a relationship progresses you become more interested in the more sensitive part s of a person's life. So I wouldnt trip over that. Is your boss a babe by chance?
>>
>>34558412
I feel you OP. I used to get so fucking pissed in high school when basic-bitch white gurrl stacies said that they were "totally OCD" or whatever just because they kept their papers organized and didn't like when colors didn't match on certain things.
>>
>>34558445
because not all of us live in a fucking basement and have to deal with these people on a daily basis in order to survive
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (134KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
134KB, 496x496px
>tfw its another "emotions represented in people" tier comic facebook page post something about social anxiety episode
>>
>>34558412
wow I like have no friends because they havent texted me in an hour XDD

side note: its no longer possible to be a "nerd" if you use the internet. fucking normies
>>
>"OMG I'm so lonely, I have no life."
>spends all fucking day on the phone with their bf/gf and goes to parties every weekend
>>
I suffer from Handsome disease. I don't know my doctor said something with a nar- but I wasn't paying attention.
>>
Have you ever attempted to embrace your pain and anger and actually use it as energy to attempt to fuel your desires and try to do something productive and stop being such a fucking worthless faggot? Try to view yourself as a being of worth among individuals that are worth nothing.
>>
I unironically think the normielization of mental illness is why I haven't gone for help for mine
>>
>normies appropriating depression and anxiety
>robots appropriating autism
You can all go fuck yourselves
>>
They might really have anxiety OP. What you didn't see was the few hours they spend before every social outing sweating, shaking, dreading, and puking in the toilet. I have a friend who has anxiety, but I never realized it because of how social they were. I didn't realize it until one day I came to their apartment with the intention of asking for a cigarette only to find them reduced to absolute tears because they had anxiety. They were building up all their courage to go to work their normal shift. They admitted to me that this is how every social outing goes for them, they spend so much time preparing just to seem socially competent to others. I was shocked.
>>
normie hasn't gone out in one days
>OMG I HAVE NOOO FRIENDS
meanwhile phone gets a notification every 5 minutes
>>
>>34560372
I can understand that, but it really gets to me when normies act like they have huge mental health issues over small incidents. it really makes the ones that actually have them look bad, and people tend to believe us less cause of people like this.
>>
>>34558412

Robots do this all the time aswell. OP being clear proof on that. Basically anyone who bitches and moans about his psychological issues is just seeking attention and identifying himself with his "sickness", because he is a worthless piece of shit and being mentally ill atleast gives him the relief of no responsibillity. Just because you assume that your issues are legitimate contrary to the normie ones does not change the underlying problem.
Be honest with yourself, telling anyone besides a psychologist about your mental fuckups is useless and wont help anyone.
>>
>>34558412
>Please post your own relatable normie "mental illness" situations

Cyborg here

ptsd, ocd, alcoholism
>>
>>34560429
What is your point? That normies make your life worse through self diagnosing incorrectly? This doesn't make any sense.

You sound like you're defining yourself by your disease and not by the healthy you underneath. Otherwise why would normies claims to these diseases offend you?
>>
>>34560624

Not OP, but if enough people overdo these false claims of illness it might make other people take the ones who actually suffer from them less seriously
>>
>>34560708
There's a lot of stigma toward certain mental illness. It's not something I could imagine people wanting to share. Some are alright in society's eyes, but others are definitely not okay. There are many who claim they support those with illness, but when presented with real symptoms, they turn tail and run.
>>
In germany people use depressed as beeing sad...

I don't know why people want to be mental ill
Some seem to think it's realy cool.
Then there are the SJWs who want to shill their oppression/virtue points.
>>34560708
This, they wather it down to no end. With all the self-diagnosing.
>>
>>34560768
kek, you don't get it.
>>
>>34560708

I've heard this argument before, and it just sounds like unsubstantiated bullshit to me.

We live in a world where if you claim depression, everyone climbs over themselves to help you. They have government funded 24/7 help lines set up. They have cringy fucking R U OK days. The government will just give you welfare if you are depressed.

Furthermore, if you dare treat mental illness with any less respect than this sensitive society demands, people will tear you down. They will treat you like a heartless fucking monster for even questioning their cultish attitudes toward mental illness.

Mental illness is fetishized to the point where you have to take it seriously. People with mental illnesses are given special privilages.

It's the same reason why people who say there is a "stigma" around mental illnesses are stupid.
There is no stigma. People treat it with a rediculous reverance
>>
I find that this sympathy seeking bullshit culture where people wear their mental problems as badges, and act as though people should give a shit about their issues all the time is extremely tiring and irritating. What happened to stoicism? What happened to keeping your shitty problems to yourself?
Sympathy is a finite resource; If you complain every day about your depression, it's impossible to care after a while.
>>
>>34560429
Maybe we normies suffer as much as you, but are simply slightly more resilient.
>>
>>34560833
Where the fuck are you from? This isn't the case in every country. Most people here are just teased for being lazy and acting like a little bitch if they claim depression. They're not taken that seriously. People just think they like to complain. I wish what you're saying was true
>>
>>34560833
Not really. If you self mutilate, cut yourself a couple times, you can later go on in life to "fight the stigma" and speak to others about your plight. You can gain acceptance. You can gain love.

You go and cut yourself 50+ times in one setting... even if you've went years without having such an episode, you are demonized. You can't talk about that shit to others. Maybe if it was once or twice they'd give you a hug and tell you it's okay, but do it 50+ times at once, and you are a freak who doesn't deserve human compassion.

I wouldn't blame anyone for being shocked, but to demonize a person... that's stigma. You can't talk about that shit.
>>
>>34558412
Normie 'mental illness' doesn't even approach the depths of actual mental illness that make my life so much more difficult to live than any normies'.

I genuinely think there's a misunderstanding with what normies think mental illness is, and what it actually is.

I hate it when they talk about their diagnosis and then carry on about their life without their "illness" being so much of a hindrance. Meanwhile, I genuinely have issues interacting with people because of my social anxiety. I hate how these exact same people socialize with others all the time, can easily establish interpersonal relationships that I wouldn't be able to because of my issues, including romantic-sexual relationships, go out to parties regularly, etc. I doubt any of them have ever felt the same way I have.
>>
>>34560708
Why do you think this is true?

Mental illness is taken very seriously at least in the USA and I'm sure in the rest of the first world.

Besides if you're looking for help you need professional therapy, and mental health professionals aren't going to take you lightly because of what normies say.
>>
File: image.png (194KB, 542x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194KB, 542x441px
>I sit at home on the computer doing nothing stimulating all day
>I'm depressed
>I make no attempt to socialize
>I'm depressed
>I'm fat and do nothing about it
>I'm depressed
>I live in a middle class neighborhood with my parents but life is so hard and unfair
>I'm depressed
>I make excuses to not find a job or succeed in life
>I'm depressed
>I don't like my appearance but do nothing about it
>I'm depressed
>I do nothing to develop reputable skills
>I'm depressed
>I can't find a gf because I never go outside
>I'm depressed

I literally want to fight almost everyone on this board
>>
>>34561048
>I have no idea what depression entails except this vague sense that it has something to do with "being sad"

Less cocksucking, more reading.
>>
>>34561027
This is true. Mentalhealthamerica has a list that ranks states based upon the ease of care toward the mentally ill. Talented mental health professionals are so important. I'd strongly recommend anyone who had issues give therapy a second chance and keep seeking. Institutions generally take it very seriously if you report that an employee has made you feel uncomfortable or not taken an issue seriously and trivialized it.
>>
>>34561048
Replace most of those with paranoid, anxiety ridden OCD autismo, living in a poor and dangerous neighborhood with Christian parents who can't get access to meds because my family never stays in one place long enough for me to apply for health insurance.
>>
Couldn't be bothered to reply to specific posts, but the thing I've noticed is that people only give a shit about attractive "mentally ill" people. We just had the #bellletstalk faggot shit here in Canada and the only people posting about it on social media were hot girls. No one and I mean NO ONE gives a fuck about the people who suffer every day from this shit. Why? They're so far gone. They're fat, bad skin/acne, can't hold any conversation and i actually feel bad for them. No one talks about that guy. That's what bothers me the most.

Tl;dr roatsies will do anything to rob attention from anyone
>>
>>34561141
That's kind of abusive if your parents never sought you help. I think it should count as abuse/neglect. I mean, DHS wouldn't take it too lightly if parents denied their diabetic child insulin. I think mental health issues should be handled the same way. Address your child's health or lose the child.
>>
everyone in this thread needs to leave. Seriously, just for at least an hour
>>
>>34561182
Why's that?

Donkey kong
>>
>>34561168
Yeah maybe when I was a teenager. I'm 20 now. I needed help when my oldest brother was chastising me and using me as his emotional punching bag. Instead I got parents who weren't smart enough to deal with my brother and his wife who moved back in and shat on everyone in the apartment. I'm convinced the entire family has mental illness, bipolar from my mother.

My parents literally woke up at 4am to tell everyone they finally figured out why their 3 sons were failures. They were possessed by demons. They force me to pray with them every day now and guilt trip me for even thinking otherwise.

I'm a 20 year old man who never grew up and suicide is a serious option.
>>
>>34558412

You're projecting your insecurity about the credibility of your own possible mental issues onto a strawman.

You're no better equipped to assess anyone elses experiences with mental health than any other person. You're just a selfish, arrogant cunt who doesn't think of anyone but himself.

Fuck you.
>>
>>34561096
I bet you do nothing to improve your life then claim muh depression because it's easier than being a functioning member of society
>>
>>34559080
That's exactly what OCD is though. You can't be comfortable with something being out of place(in your opinion), sou go through great lengths to fix that thing, even if it affects no one else but yourself.
>>34560429
#letstalk
The ironic thing about your complaint is that you believe they aren't suffering from the same mental problems you are suffering from because they are more open about it or in a different social situation. Why do you disagree with someone being open about their mental health issues? And anxiety over "Small incidents" is still anxiety, hell, if you get anxiety over small shit, imagine how these "Normies" feel when they need to do something major?
>>34560708
Do you honestly believe people really want to be depressed? Making a plea for attention is how most people get out of these holes dude, you can't sit and waste away in your depressing cave for all time, even if what you are depressed over isn't that big of a deal... But then again, if you get depressed over small things, isn't that a problem within itself?
>>
>>34561152
So if people are attractive, they can't be mentally ill? I mean, what you are saying is true, people look at those types with fear and disgust which is very sad considering the symptoms of many severe illnesses is a lack of hygiene and personal care. I wouldn't go as far as to say that attractive people can't have serious mental illness, male or female. I wouldn't judge just because some chicks on social media were posting up a storm.
>>
>>34561141
Stop making excuses for yourself and get a fucking job to support yourself, you can't blame anyone but yourself for being in a shit situation over the age of 18
>>
>>34561251
I don't believe they aren't suffering from the same mental illness, I KNOW they aren't. I saw a post from one of these bitches that said "I get nervous when meeting new people" when talking about her "anxiety". It's like skipping lunch and proclaiming that you're starving to death.
>>
>>34561270
You try getting a job with my resume and conditions. You're the normie fag type to say everything is an excuse. Literally kys my man.
>>
>>34561245
>I bet you do nothing to improve your life
Wow, that's almost exactly what someone with actual depression would do. What a coincidence
>>
>>34561258
They can, it's just they get attention for saying they're I'll. They have countless amounts of social media validation and the girls have several orbiters and such always commenting shit about how brave they are for talking about the same problems that literally everyone has. The point I'm trying to make is that the people I'm referring to have every avenue to get help and support for their illness and still choose to act like they're doing some impossible feat of them beating their "anxiety"
>>
>>34560895
You sound like a prudish father who can't understand why his son killed himself over his "Depression". "He bitched all fuckin day about how sad he was and I always told him to man up and punch the day in the balls." Little did he know that Depression can't be defeated by the detroit lions in a playoff game. It's always there, it's a chemical imbalance in your brain caused by a genetic deformation passed on through generations, or by drinking tainted water during pregnancy.
>>34561015
Big difference between personality and mental capeability. You can be a complete psychopath yet have a large group of friends while getting fucked every day. You can also be a complete introvert and have totally normal social interactions when the time is right. Just because they don't fit the mold of what you see as a depressed person doesn't mean they aren't depressed. Hell, look at half of the child actors who turned to alcohol and pills in their later life. What did they have to be depressed about? What do you? Maybe it's something you are born with and people find different ways to cope with it..
>>
Meh, I try not to judge whether or not people have mental illness because I don't know their lives and I'm not their doctor.

That said, it does annoy me when people say ~i'M SOOOOOoooooOOOO OCD~ when they just want you to put a book back on the shelf, or when people say they're anorexic because they "haven't eaten" all day.
I know people with OCD, that isn't what OCD is about. I've had anorexia, and I can tell you that your "not eaten all day" is my "definitely eaten too much today".
Also when people say they wish they could be anorexic/bulimic so they could lose weight. Seriously... if you've lived it you wouldn't want it any more.
>>
>>34561219
Funny enough, my previous town's mental hospital actually employs an exorcist for that exact reason. The exorcist doesn't believe mental illness is caused by demon possession, he's called in to preform services to assure the parents that their children are not demon possessed so only the doctors can help them. This was an extremely conservative area where people actually handle snakes for religious reasons so I suppose not every place in America offers such services to dispel religious convictions.
>>
>>34560895
I like this post. Good shit anon
>>
>>34561284
Getting nervous when meeting someone for the first time is exactly what anxiety is. Sure, it might not be major anxiety, but it's still fuckin anxiety.
>>34561308
Same thing could be said for someone who is socially active but struggles to remain happy. Introvert vs. extrovert. i have an ex with some 11,000 followers on instagram, she's currently instituionalized for depression recieving shock therapy... She has such a great following, solid job, great personality, yet she has the same mental health issue as someone who sits at home and shitposts all day? Instead of worrying who's taking away from whatever plight of mental health issue you grapple to, maybe consider that they might be dealing with just as much shit as you are...
>>
>>34558412
Woman can't be depressed
>>
>>34561335
how many times do you speak up to your peers about your issues? how many times are you as honest as they are about it? If anything, they're bringing attention to the same illness you might have.
>>
>>34558412
These motherfuckers don't know what real mental illness is capable of.. they just want some pills to get high and feel normal because this entire generation is a steaming pile of shit. They want to still feel like they are special and not have to actually work for it.

Shit, I would kill to have just "social anxiety or ocd" then I could just be on speed all day with a ticket to do so.

Real mental illness is scary as fuck dude
>>
With all this talk about depression and anxiety, how does everyone feel about schizophrenia or illnesses that have co-morbidity with psychosis?
>>
>>34561293

Bruh you're literally making excuses and trying to mask it as anything else just makes you retarded

Take some job preparation courses or first aid CPR you will be 10x more employable and it's super cheap and easy to do, plus I bet your neet wrangling parents would gladly pay for know there is a chance you would less of a pathetic retard.
>>
>>34561402
>nervous

The people I'm referring to who make posts like this are almost exclusively women. Theyve got a nice ass, they've got a symmetrical face, they've dated, been fucked several times. Social interaction is easy for them. Related to that is there extensive friend base for any support/advice/suggestion they could ever need to ask. And lastly these are all uni students which suggests they're not retarded, moderate financial standing, and probably have a good relation with family. Lots of assumptions but many I know for sure are true for several of the girls I'm referring to
>>
>>34561338
You know what doesn't help cure depression? Acting like it's your whole identity, writing blogposts on your tumblr every day, talking to everyone you meet about it every time, wearing some retarded "depressed and proud" t-shirt etc.
And it's hard to care about someone complaining about the same fucking thing over and over while they're doing jack shit to improve the situation. I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm saying it like it is. I will not care as much about your shitty depression the third time you want to drone on about it this week. I would sure as hell care about it if you mention it to me if we're having a heart to heart talk, and you haven't mentioned it to me before.
And if you've exhausted all your options, you've tried everything and it still didn't help, how is whining about it all the time helping anyone? You don't think everyone else has their own problems, even though the problems aren't a fixed talking point during every convesation? Fuck, you need to stop being so self-absorbed.
>>
>>34561428
I don't speak up because I learned people don't give a fuck. In elementary and high school in any social circles any one who ever had any problems or issues (not even mental illness) just got made fun of. No one gives a fuck about you unless they can get something out of it
>>
>>34561352

No, I hate the kind of thinking you are promoting.

It's just irritating political correctness.

When people say "Ha, I'm a bit OCD about it", they don't really believe that have OCD. And they aren't "harming" the cause of mental illness by saying things like that.
OCD people have obsessions. People humourously compare themselves to OCD people for their obsessions.
It's exageration for comic effect.

I've was diagnosed with an autistic spectrum disorder when I was young.
I have trouble making friends and I;ve never had a girlfriend. It's caused me a lot of trouble.

But the word "autist" is thrown around here all the time. And I've even heard people refer to themselves as autistic in real life when they were just describing being shy.
And it doesn't bother me.
I don't get all huffed and indignant, thinking that they are somehow "trivialising" my struggles or whatever.

What I can't stand is that language policing.
That drives me up the wall.
>>
>I'm awkward sometimes
>so autistic XDDD
Oh wait that's this board
>>
>>34561663
No,

A lot of these people actually have real problems, they just don't deal with them and continue to perpetuate their own delusions onto a reality that does not align with their maladaptive thoughts.. If they literally went and actually tried to un repress a lot of the anger and fear they have locked away deep in their hearts they probably would turn out ok

But a lot of people think therapy is a bunch of bullshit.. funny thing is it is if you don't actually want to the help or you aren't ready to face yourself and truly acknowledge who you REALLY ARE..

But I digress, there are some people on here who are /irredeemable/ monsters and that isn't going to change, society will not accept them but if they just accept themselves then who honestly cares

The best part is they are probably a lot smarter than most of the normie faggots you meet. A lot of those people are complete robots with no capacity to think beyond their programming and really question who they are.
>>
There are group therapy sessions for people with social anxiety. I don't understand it.
>>
>>34560066
Narcissism
This video give you an exemple of it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjXTz9TLbY
>>
Strange note, misogyny is extremely common among men suffering from mental illnesses such as psychosis and depression. In fact, misogyny and mental illness goes hand in hand. I'm not talking about "misogyny" like saying, "grab her by the pussy". I mean legitimate misogyny.
>>
>>34560066
Narcissim isn't to be fucked with man.. my mom had NPD

You're going to wind up alone and burnt out by 45.. I mean if you don't want that I'd suggest doing something about it, but honestly.. I want to go down in flames around then so, you know, keep it up

>Do you lol
>>
>>34562074
Yeah you want to know why

Because men are aware when they are mentally ill as long as they aren't completely incapacitated by their illness, and obviously men will view mental illness as a.. wait for it.. a weakness.. yes, men are viewed as weak for mental illness because we don't have victim status and we are held to a standard.

A man who can't function properly is quintessentially a woman --> makes them hate themselves which is turned outwardly
>>
>>34560517
>ptsd
Who the fuck claims to have this?
>>
>>34562132
Some Vietnam veteran or triggered feminist on Tumblr.
>>
>>34562132
That shit is real, it's usually co-morbid with some type of intense trauma obviously or another mental illness like schizophrenia.. PTSD essentially induces delusional states and sudden breaks from reality

But you are right a lot of people fake it for the weed they can get of w/e bullshit drug they want
>>
Because mental illness has been popular for years, especially among those who don't actually have anything wrong with them.
>>
>>34562099
When a man speaks about women in a truly misogynist way, he likely needs therapy and professional guidance far more then others making fun of him claiming "he's an ugly loser who can't get any". Your post is an example of misogyny. Do you have an illness you care to share?
>>
>>34561776
Doesn't change the fact that most people on here are only self diagnosed autists.
>>
File: REoYZn1.jpg (99KB, 712x719px) Image search: [Google]
REoYZn1.jpg
99KB, 712x719px
>>34558412
I have reached the point where i pity people with actual diagnosed mental ilnesses.
God help me.
>>
>>34562439
God cannot help you. No such thing exists. Help yourself.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.