[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hobbies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Do I sound boring if I say my hobbies are literature and history?

I know a ton of people say that they like history and literature as their hobbies, but they never really mean it, from my experience. I actually do: I just purchased some primary sources on the Byzantine Empire, and have been reading them up because I found it extremely interesting. I also am reading a number of books I got for Christmas: both of them short stories, one of them from William Saroyan and the other is a book of short stories by a Spaniard author.

I'm just wondering - do I sound boring? These are about the only things that interest me: I don't particularly like video games, I'm not good with any technical hobbies such as programming or mechanics; I'm not good at science or math, and although the idea of doing outdoor hobbies (camping, hunting, shooting) sounds appealing to me, I've never really done them (I camped a few times with my family, but it doesn't count - and I went shooting once, but I already forgot how to even reload the piece) and am completely ignorant of the finer details involved with them.

I used to say 'drawing' was a hobby of mine, because some people said I was good at it - but I haven't drawn in years, and I don't like it much; plus I think whatever small amount of talent I had left me from years of not using it.

The only other thing I would describe as a hobby is cooking. I like trying new recipes whenever I can. I don't consider myself a chef, though, or even particularly good.

Fuck, reading over my own post, I sound fucking boring.
>>
that does sound boring
>>
Nah you sound fine don't worry.
>>
>>34556825
No, you don't sound boring. To me at least. I occasionally like to read through Wikipedia articles to find what our old folks used to do, and doing so is honestly some of the most interesting stuff I've read in years. I've also recently started reading again after a long break, and it feels so good to finish book after book.
OP, you're right. People would find that boring. But that doesn't matter, you don't need to think what other people think. Just concentrate on yourself and what you can learn from our resources.
>>
>>34556825
No that sounds very gentlemanly. You could mention you have a passion for learning new things and give them a brief rundown of what you're learning.
>>
>>34556825
Sounds boring to me but if you keep doing what your love you'll meet other people who are interested in it too. Thats My excuse for being a weirdo atleast.
>>
>>34556825
It's not boring as a hobby, but "literature" is far too wide for someone else to catch an interest. You could be more specific at which kind of books do you enjoy and that may make it easier for other people to chat about it.

It's still kind of a dying hobby tho, so don't expect too many people to be interested in it. It's not boring to do, but it may be boring to talk about. There's a lot of people out there that enjoy reading history, but history itself is so wide too that when you try to narrow the topics it becomes harder to find matches.

Knowing this, you can still have a nice and friendly chat with anyone if you take it out of your hobbies.

Nvm just read you like cooking. That's another good thing to talk about, there's a lot of people interested in cooking, even if they don't do it themselves talking about food is fun. I enjoy cooking too but I'm an amateur, I have fun experimenting when doing dishes.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.