[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW THE FUCK IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I AM CONSCIOUS IN THIS BODY?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 9512428.jpg (52KB, 500x500px)
9512428.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
HOW THE FUCK IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I AM CONSCIOUS IN THIS BODY?

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I AM EVEN ALIVE IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE

HOW?

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW?
>>
>>34553662
babbys first depersonalization XD
>>
how strange it is to be anything at aaaaaaaaaallll

originali?
>>
>>34553662
That's my favorite philosophical question!
I think that the answer will be strongly connected with the answers to the other "anthropic" questions like "why now is now?" and "why physical laws are these, not those?".
Also, sometimes I suspect that I am me just because I am the only one conscious in "my" universe, all the others are just philosophical zombies here, but every one of them is conscious in his/her own universes (in everettian sense) and I (something physically identical to me) is just a zombie there. Sometimes, I even suspect that there is only Me who takes different bodies and forms in different universes but forgets it again and again... but I still have no clue how to make a something resembling "a theory" out of this insanity )
>>
why are you getting upset about it
>>
File: 1480807448102.jpg (90KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1480807448102.jpg
90KB, 1106x1012px
>>34553794
because it doesn't make any fucking sense

why the fuck am I alive, lol, like seriously, how the FUCK do I even FEEL typing this message.
>>
>>34553838
nobody knows and why the fuck would anyone on r9k know if geniuses who study it dont
>>
>>34553870
good question

damn it I have been thinking about this for a while now and the more I think about it the less it makes sense
>>
KrV+KpV+KdU

read it until you understand
>>
>>34553870
I guarantee I'm smarter than half those self-proclaimed "geniuses" who only have their status from licking some jew professors nut sack. Only difference is i'm lazy and couldn't be bothered lel
>>
>>34554144
you and everyone else I've seen on the internet
>>
>>34553662
sorry op you deserve a thought provoking philosophic answer but i haven't got one, it's because your dad peed in your moms butt
>>
>>34553662

>>34553662

please i'm original i swear
>>
>>34553662
You're alive because matter happened to arrange in a very specific way that made you self-aware. Amazing, isn't it?

I like it think it is because of emergent behavior and we don't quite know yet but I'm sure we'll figure out what it is sooner than later.

Be happy, anon. You're alive! Imagine how many cool things you can do.
>>
>>34554198

sorry, i'm an idiot. Meant to post this:

>>34552120
>>
>>34554144
I guarantee there are people out there even lazier than you, yet pulled off 4.0s in high school and college.

High school and a 4 year degree are designed for the average person. If you can't pull off high marks in these areas without effort, congratulations you're average.
>>
>>34553738
please learn some real philosophy so you can understand for yourself why this is bullshit

But also, never stop philosophizing, fellow robot, even if you're wrong
>>
Im so glad I found this thread because I think about this from time to time and it makes my fucking head spin. I can't understand how I am somehow aware of myself, that I can have abstract thoughts that only I am privy to and so on. I feel like ultimately this is all a big illusion and ultimately I have no control but I'm sure its more than that at the same time.

Does anyone know any good reads about consciousness and this kind of thing?
>>
>>34554286
Dennett consciousness explained (read with salt)
Searle the rediscovery of mind
Searle Intentionality
Chalmers (ed) philosophy of mind
Clark Mindware

I'm sure there's lots of good shit out there, the literature is a black hole, like pretty much all other sub fields in philosophy now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.