[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the fuck didn't i play a sport as a kid

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 324.jpg (36KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
36KB, 600x576px
why the fuck didn't i play a sport as a kid
>>
>>34552895
Single mother originality
>>
i didn't like the sports. i was kind of antisocial person.
>>
>>34552954
this is entirely correct
and before my father got removed from the equation, he was just some poor immigrant farmer who didn't know about things like "fitness" and "socialization" since he'd been focused on surviving his whole life.
>>
>>34552954
My father was around, but he was to "busy"with work to play some ball with his son. Oh well
>>
>>34552895
I played lots of sports and here I am
>>
I wish I had been better informed about which martial arts weren't shit. I wasted so much time of TKD and karate. I know I would have loved judo but it never crossed my radar. I thought it was a soft option at the time, but it's one of few full contact styles plus I love grappling. Alas now I am old and with permanent injuries. Such is the fate of all judoka.
>>
I liked sports with friends, but "official" sports were so boring. I hated getting up early and spending my saturday in some stupid uniform. It was so much more fun to just play in a friends backyard or in the street.

And then you also had to practice and shit. It's the same thing with video games. That shit is cancer. Just have fun.
>>
>>34552895

hated sports as a kid. My folks tried getting me into all kinds of shit like Soccer and baseball. but I always ended up sitting in the grass and looking at insects, or picking plants.

my parents tell me stories of how much i ignored the field. The coach screaming across the field to get moving. but i just lay there in the grass while the ball rolled past me.

guess that set the stage for what i do now. spending a fuck ton of time out in the woods, hiking, camping, fishing ect.

>mfw my sports addicted family see me as a disappointment.
>>
>>34552981
>i was kind of antisocial person.

This.
I actually really enjoyed the physical activity, I'd spend a lot of time practising basketball or cricket (ausfag) in my back yard.

I just fucking hate being around other people, and always have.

Pretty much all kid's sports are team based, so I had no interest in any of it.
>>
I played sports
I was in a band
I skated
I was invited to parties

None of those fixed me to any detectable degree, if you're an antisocial autist, you stay one even if you force yourself to partake in social activities.
>>
>>34552895
Because mom and dad didn't encourage (and push you a bit) to do them early on, so you didn't develop an early interest in them. It could have sparked later on but noone made it possible, and you probably weren't inclined to them either. Childhood passed and by highschool you had already assumed that sports weren't your thing. Game over.
>>
>>34554060
This is the only thing I blame my parents for, the rest of my life's issues have all been my fault but I will always be mad at them for not pushing me to stay practicing my activities.
Looking back I know I would've loved gymnastics if I hadn't quit, ended up wasting five years of my life not doing any serious sports.
Thanks god I found out about skateboarding though, it's the perfect sport for us brobots
>>
>>34554213
In my case I practised around 11 different sports/martial arts by age 18, then I moved alone to another city to go to uni and couldn't join a new rugby club because of schedule. After 2 years I got chubby and into anime. Game over for me too.
>>
>loved outdoors and running around (massive ADHD)
>balance is shit, everything is painful
>everyone says I'm just being a bitch
>20 years later
>find out my dad had spinal degeneration literally for years by the time I started complaining
>mother started getting arthritis in her 30s, had to postpone knee surgery for wrist surgery
>brother has two discs replaced in his back in his 20s
>sister has arthritis in her neck
>I finally get an x-ray and it turns out I have degeneration at the very fucking base of my spine with some deformed vertebrae
>it can only get worse, and in ten years I probably will have multiple discs just basically gone
Thank your parents for your shit genes.
>>
>>34553268
go back to /out/ you normie peice of ShITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hooe u get eaten by a GRIZLY BEAR
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.