[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rural/farmer anons, how is the simple life going for you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: rjxvo9epcm4y.png (43KB, 200x200px)
rjxvo9epcm4y.png
43KB, 200x200px
Rural/farmer anons, how is the simple life going for you?
>>
>tfw city cuck
>>
>farmer live
>simple
>>
>>34552875
*simpler life
>>
File: svu.jpg (2MB, 1000x1644px) Image search: [Google]
svu.jpg
2MB, 1000x1644px
>>34552826
It's fuckin' great! Fresh air, no people around, my dog loves it here. The downside is shitty internet and I'm poor. I was poor when I lived in the city though, so overall it's better. pic unrelated
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (447KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
447KB, 1920x1080px
I got really fucked up in an accident 3 years ago. Got ptsd and my life spiraled into complete shit. During that time all I really wanted was to just go live on a farm, have a goat, and plant some crops. I eventually got better but my "drive" is shot now and don't want to go run off to a farm, but don't want to do much anything in society either. Maybe one day I will just fuck off to the country and raise goats.
>>
>>34552928
Ah, I long to save up enough money to buy my own land.
>>
>>34552908
>simpler

Farm work is a bitch, it's everday, it's shitty, messy work and it pays like shit unless you sell your soul to corporations.
>>
>>34552941
Goats have a couple of uses, anon. 1) they eat poison ivy and kudzu, both of which are invasive fast growing plants that are a pain in the ass to get rid of. 2) Nigerians eat goats. Worked with a Nigerian guy who was going to college in my town. He and his Nigerian friends would get together and drive more than an hour away to buy a goat and then slaughter and cook it themselves. He said it was very tasty and reminded them of parties back home. If I had a goat farm, that's what I would do with them to make money.
>>
>>34552826
the internet is fucking pitiful and getting anywhere takes forever so i drive 20 over the speed limit

other than that it's comfy
>>
>>34553035
Wow, that's wild. There was a goat farm 30 mins from me growing up. My dad took me there once to see them. They would sell goats for like $20. But if you were Mexican and they thought you were going to eat it, the price became $100.

I don't know if I could raise a goat and then sell it to be eaten. Guess Id be a poor rancher.
>>
>>34553120
Maybe donkeys/mules then. Donkeys are used by horse ranchers to bridle train foals. You can put a bridle on a young horse and then attach it to the donkey. The donkey will just roam around doing donkey stuff, and the horse gets led along and learns to just follow the tug of the bridle. They also protect the herd from coyotes and other predators by freaking out with that loud honking bray. Also, they emit a calming pheromone that helps the herd. No one eats donkeys as far as I know.
>>
File: 1483745784229.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483745784229.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>34552826
>tfw the natural gas companies lease part of your land for Millions of dollars
>>
I live in montana it is kinda gay
>>
>>34552826
well this week I'm back to my programming job, but I took a vacation last week and went back to the family farm. I helped with tapping the trees for maple season. We made about 100 gallons of syrup before everything froze up again. Then my dad's cousin needed some extra help loading hay onto an 18 wheeler so I spent a few hours doing that later in the week, then again at the end of my vacation, filling up a horse trailer with hay bales for another customer of his. I did that work for about 3 years when I was a teen, and I'm definitely in worse shape now than I was then. Just wanted to see how I could hold up. Didn't do too bad, but then again, I was working 10 hour days in my prime, and I was beat after 3.5 loading that 18 wheeler.

I can't wait til I have some money saved up so I can go retire to the farm work. It's real nice working the land.
>>
>>34553383
I'd love to buy some land, and have something more permanent to pass on to my heirs.
>>
>>34553505
yeah I have some land to buy

My mom took 3 building lots off the farm in the divorce settlement, about 800k worth of land. Gotta get that back.

Then my dad gave his sister another building lot in 2003 to build a house on, then she sued my dad when my grandfather died because she thought she got screwed in the inheritance (she had spent her share of the inheritance building the house on the land my dad gifted her out of his inheritance) I want to get that piece back to make the farm whole again, and I wouldn't mind having that house either, it's a nice timberframe.

Want to get those two pieces back eventually, good thing I'm in the ground floor at a promising startup company. If we get big I'll be able to grab up that land before too long.
>>
>>34553199
Thank you, I will start learning about donkeys and mules now.
>>
File: notover2mb.jpg (235KB, 1807x1025px) Image search: [Google]
notover2mb.jpg
235KB, 1807x1025px
I regret not getting into farming. My dad only works like 5 months a year. The work itself is pretty cozy, the tractors even drive themselves. My dad spends the majority of his time in his basement playing World of Tanks.
>>
>>34553199
You can a jenny's milk as a substitute for baby formula. My (recently passed away) grandpa in appalachia showed me how to milk a donkey when I was like seven and staying there for the week.
I miss the mountains. Fun, crazy times.
>>
>>34552826
fuck off, you guys have your own website at YOU DONT HAVE TO BE LOOOONELY
AT
FARMERS ONLY
DOT COM
you think you have it as bad as us when you have such a tool to happiness available at all times? fuck you.
>>
>>34555744
neat. never heard of that before but desu the thought of donkey milk grosses me out.

>>34555803
no, that's for farmer chads. duellie drivin, buck huntin, country music types. if you think city normies can instantly sense that you're a robot and make you an outcast, that effect is tenfold in the country.
>>
>>34555946
It's not bad, if you can drink goat's milk, donkey milk is nothing, almost like watered-down cow's milk with a weird, sweet aftertaste (at least from what I can remember, haven't had any in 6 or 7 years).
Its a pain to milk them, because you have to keep the foal near them or they won't produce.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.