[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Robots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1484621603811.jpg (145KB, 465x551px) Image search: [Google]
1484621603811.jpg
145KB, 465x551px
They didn't tell me not being able to lift over 50 pounds eliminated 95% of the jobs edition
So much for my 95 on the asvaab those fucks. I knew it was useless garbage. To fuck around with some cables at a fucking desk job requires strength before boot camp? My fucking asshole.

Good now nobody else here will make this mistake. LIFT SKELETONS LIFT
>>
>>34552711
Mate I'm a twig and I can run around with 50lbs on my shoulder.

Go do some callisthenics

Nice dubs.
>>
what the fuck are you talking about? are you actually physically paralyzed? if this was a better time, you would starve in the winter and end your pathetic bloodline.
>>
>>34553019
>if this was a better time, you would starve in the winter and end your pathetic bloodline.
virgins actually believe this
>>
>>34553029
bro this guy cant lift 50 pounds. think about that for a second. 50 pounds is like the fucking weight of a heavy cat.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (137KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
137KB, 800x800px
hahahahaha holy shit OP can't lift 50 fucking pounds how fucking weak do you gotta be dude there's elementary school kids stronger than you
>>
>>34552934

Fucking this man, 50lbs is a small child. Like, two toddlers max. If you can't walk around with two toddlers you need to reevaluate yourself. Shit man even being the lazy fatfuck I am I can carry my dad around and he's a 300lb fatfuck too.
>>
>>34552711
First, idk what job you're applying for. Not all jobs require that
Second, I hate to join the circle jerk but damn dude, I was a twig and still got in. Spend a little time doing push ups or something
Hmu if you got any questions about joining
>>
>tfw I'm skinny and score excellent on all my pfas
Being skelly doesn't mean you're weak by default. There's something wrong with you desu
>>
>>34553391
I just wanted to do electrical jobs. I didn't even get crypt linguist on my fucking list yo what the fuck
I just signed my dep contract
>>
>>34552711
>>getting 95 on your ASVAB
>>not already knowing you're useless garbage

But really, anon, eat some more and do some real serious exercise like you mean it. Unless you have a serious physical problem, which I think we can rule out do to you trying to enter the service, you can do. If you don't you have no one else to blame.

Also be a desk jockey. Trust me, I was in the service and those people have the life. No one is going to shit on you and say you're not a real veteran when you're in shape and have a couple medals.

Also, be a cook. If I went in again that's what I would do. Cooks have the bonus of being able to become warrant officers in their field.
>>
>>34552711
>watch recruitment advert on tv for uk army
>person says they were a weedy weakling before joining the army
>the army built them up to be stronger
>try to join army
>need to be able to do 40 pushups and run a mile in 7 minutes
Holee fuck.
>>
>>34553434
Work out like you now have a moral duty to, seeing as you may need to help your fellow solider and only can if you're strong enough, and you'll eventually be able to transfer over to another MOS, one that you want.

Your problem is the end of the world. Your solution is to exercise with the direct aim of gaining strength. You can make it, you just actually have to get up and walk towards the light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>34552711
Im skinnyfat 130lbs and i can barely lift 50 pounds. Com on dude, you gotta show motivation, determination. Its always good to be fit anyways.

I wanted to try my hand at a logistics officer or something. Dont know where to start tho

Also Canada
>>
>>34553434
Dude, don't sign anything until your happy with what you got
Get anything over an 80 and go onto intelligence. Best cushy desk job ever

Do push ups
Best routine I learned in not camp was:
max push-ups (no stop) / 3 = 1 rep
Do 1 rep every minute for 3 minutes. Repeat twice a day
Do this for about a month and you'll almost double your push ups
>>
>>34553591
I got a few good picks on my list but they didn't ask me for preference either. Don't know what the fuck was going on but they tried to throw me into inspection when I'd honestly rather do the cyber systems or space operations job.

If I don't like the job I'll either leave or retrain. So done with all this bullshit. I can't even lift over 50 and they want me to go to basic earlier. Why do they think I'll even pass?
Anywho, i also don't have a drivers license and I think I failed depth perception. Could that also be the reason?
>>
>>34553915
What branch are you trying to join? Your recruiter sounds like he's being a dick so you're probably in a really big town or a really small one
If you already signed it's tough to leave but you're technically ok to gtfo until you do the oath
Remember they can't force you into anything
They might tell you random shit about what jobs are available but don't be pressured to go into something you don't want unless you're really desperate
>>
File: 1484965143246.gif (1MB, 216x206px) Image search: [Google]
1484965143246.gif
1MB, 216x206px
>>34554107
No my recruiter said he'll try to look out for good jobs for me.
It was the people at MEPS being asshats as usual. I am joining AF. They were literally spewing shit from their mouths every second.
I was told different events would happen so I didn't expect any of this. But after 8 fucking hours man just to get into the office? I just wrote down every mechanical(2) every electrical (4) administrative (2) and like 12 generals that didn't look like "health assistant" or some shit.

I'm hoping they're not in need of someone with a 95 going into "personnel" and will throw me into the higher requirement jobs since they can probably find a billion low score asvaab monkeys to fill them.

All I can do now is hope my background check is clear and pray that I won't be running around some trash G50 job
>>
>>34554249
I'm in af now
Gods grace, if you're looking for something comfy don't go maintenance, they're Chads
Most Intel jobs are sweet desk gigs ( 1n1, 1n2, 1n4, 9s100 )
Make sure you find a job that has a civilian equivalent so that if you quit you can still get a job with a company
>>
>>34554383
Thing is I didn't plan to quit unless somehow my job ended up being shit.

Maybe I'll just go back to college for an engineering degree on their dime and come back to do something else
>>
>>34554421
Grabbing the money and ditching after 4-6 years isn't a bad idea anon, but trust me, it's a long time while you're in
You'll change, you'll get salty, you'll think of civilians differently
You'll either like the structure and safety net or you'll turn into a salty shit that hates authority
I'd hate for you to go in and spend 4 years hating your job then come out some salty dude that can't adjust to civilian life
>>
File: 1485397991310.gif (2MB, 498x437px) Image search: [Google]
1485397991310.gif
2MB, 498x437px
>>34554506
I just don't know anymore. That strength test was pretty fucking pointless to me especially if I am probably going to be able to lift more than that after I train. Then what? Makes me not even want to surpass the minimum requirements for bootcamp. Why the hell does it matter now if I'll probably hate my job?

All this time waiting for this. Really gets to your head, and they're trying to stand there and make jokes with you. Like go fuck yourself man
>>
>>34554654
Yeah man, I won't kid you, it's not easy
But it's worth it if you get what you're looking for
The strength test is only for some jobs, not all, so it probably means there were some job(s) on your list that required it (maintainer jobs will)
My advice is pretty much just: know what you're signing up for, don't settle, be willing to wait, exercise
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.