[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1472572785461.jpg (14KB, 236x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472572785461.jpg
14KB, 236x250px
Got called in for an interview for a part-time overnight Gas Station Attendant. It'll take me an hour to reach the establishment but I'm pretty sure that I'll land the gig.

What say you Robros? Would it be as /comfy/ as it sounds? Is it possible to have the best of both NEET and Wagecuck life?
>>
>>34550452

>One hour drive for a PT job

No, just no
>>
>It'll take me an hour to reach the establishment

Would rather drink period blood than spend 2 hours commuting to and from wage hell.
>>
I wouldn't know, but I've seen posts here discussing how that job can be the complete opposite of /comfy/.
>>
>>34550478
I'll be using the Public Transit and I'll only have to work 2 days a week. Going to run from 11 PM to 7 AM from what I gather. Have set the days yet.

I'm also a Uni student btw.
>>
>>34550531
Haven't*

>>34550490
Even if it's only for two days? I can read my novels during the journey.
>>
File: 1387811270107.jpg (96KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
1387811270107.jpg
96KB, 680x418px
>>34550506
Care to elaborate on what they said famalami?

My /comfiness/ may very well depend upon it.
>>
>>34550634
From what I remember it had something to do with all the responsibilities of all the day shift falling onto the overnight skeleton crew
(which would probably be you, by yourself). Basically, the day shift people would be lazy because it's ultimately the responsibility of the overnight person to make sure everything actually got done.

But that could have just been their isolated instances.
>>
>>34550452
I work at a gas station, and let me tell you sir, it's a comfy as fuck job, especially at night.
At night things get really slow, so you're basically just hanging out and cleaning the counters. If you're a pump monkey like me, there'll be the occasional person who comes up and you'll have to pump gas for, but that's all. Occasionally mop when needed.

By far the best job I've had in my life so far, too. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Wish I got more hours, though.
>>
i support you op, sounds like a comfy opportunity
>>
File: 1465010742436.jpg (1MB, 1500x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1465010742436.jpg
1MB, 1500x1065px
>>34550816
Well let's hope that mine actually is one of the /comfy/ stations that you see in the movies.

I should ask my boss to pay me a bit above minimum wage though right? Since I'll be working the vampire shift.
>>
File: 1475823756060.jpg (171KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475823756060.jpg
171KB, 700x700px
>>34550894
Thanks man. Your words managed to assuage much of my anxiety. Got any more pointers to share? How do you deal with potential muggers? Although my city probably has the lowest crime rate in the world and the chances of that happening are pretty much non-existent.

>>34550961
Cheers Famalooni. Why don't you come by sometime and I'll pretend I didn't catch you swiping that candy off the counter ;^)
>>
>>34551061
There has to be a supervisor on shift as well, and if they're even half-compitent they'll make sure they can't get in the store, or if they do then they'll diffuse the situation.

If you're a pumper, you just have to be friendly and repeat the customer's request back to them a lot as you go (Ie, if they ask for 20$ worth of diesel, repeat that to them before you do anything else)

Other pointers, maybe try to be friendly with the cashier if you aren't already expected to work the till. If you and the cashier get along you can get them to train you on till during downtime and you can move up to cashier someday.

This is just based off of how my gas station works though, it might be a little different for you. Best of luck mate.
>>
File: 1441520129834.jpg (49KB, 401x539px) Image search: [Google]
1441520129834.jpg
49KB, 401x539px
>>34551308
Appreciate it.

How much do you get paid though?

Received any increments?

Should I ask for more than than the cuck wage since I'll be working nights? How about $12CAD an hour? (11.40$ is minimum here)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.