[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truck Driver

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (126KB, 640x968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 640x968px
Is being a truck driver as awesome as it sounds or am I being falsely led on and it's all just a meme?
>long hours but always on the road
>get to keep to yourself
>always traveling and seeing new places
>don't have to talk to anyone
>minimal living expenses because you're always driving

I refuse to believe there's a job out there with only positives like this but it seems like a perfect robot career path.
>>
It can be a very physical job loading and unloading heavy cargo, depending on who you work for. I'm pretty sure drivers are tracked by GPS so they are pretty strict on schedules. Some places are really hard to drive with a truck, too. Filling the big gas tanks at stations is apparently really hard for example, maneuvering in small lots. They're super strict on drug testing as well as drinking so say goodbye to beer and liquor while you're in the truck if you want to keep your license, even if it's not running and you're just sitting in back. These days they even have such high standards that drivers can lose their commercial license for something as minor as having high blood pressure.
>>
>>34548481
Go and look up cr England or swift on Cra igs li st and they train you for "free" then employ you.
>>
File: 1469283534493.jpg (22KB, 200x227px) Image search: [Google]
1469283534493.jpg
22KB, 200x227px
>>34548481
You'll get fat from sitting all the time and eating shitty food
>>
File: 1484705867196.jpg (57KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
1484705867196.jpg
57KB, 582x582px
>>34548481

check /o/ anon

They have had 1 or 2 resident truckerfags for a few years now

Always giving people advice in their general
>>
>>34548626
Get an ice cooler and stock up on shit at Walmart, truck stop food is OK but waste of money. With one or two years experience just look for other companies then you make like 1k a week . Read directions from your phone and buy the thing that lets you stick it to something.
>>
depends on if your like work for a company or do it by yourself.
doing it for a company COULD mean you see often the same places but if you find a company with different tours i think you could have a nice time since you only have to drive the rest does your co-worker.
If you do it all by yourself you don't only have to drive but do the paper works too which is sometimes maybe not so easy and talking to other greedy companies is also not nice often.
>>
>>34548659
Never even thought to look there, I so rarely leave r9k, great idea.

>>34548763
>>34548733
>>34548602
Thanks for the replies anons. Even if it's strict it still seems like a pretty solid line of work, especially because I'm young too. Appriciate all the detail.
>>
>>34548612
Same guy, These companies send you a greyhound ticket then put you in a hotel or motel, with roommates. Breakfast is free you have to pay for your other stuff. Most people wouldn't recommend going solo without experience but when ur ready you could lease or something
>>
>>34548481
>don't have to talk to anyone
This is where you're wrong.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.