[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever reunited with old friends or family members before?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: pepe.png (554KB, 640x658px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
554KB, 640x658px
Have you ever reunited with old friends or family members before?
>>
A few times. It sucks every time.
>>
>>34541134
The rare times I have reunited with old friends it usually descends into us ranting about why we stopped hanging out & started hating each other in the first place. Hence why I cut contact with everyone from high school days.
>>
>>34541134
Yes, and it is the most soul-breaking experience, my mind assumes they hate me and are only hanging out with me to make fun of me.
>>
>always fight the same dude everyday, every break during elementary
>for no reason we'd just start attacking each other on the playground on sight
>one day he comes up to me
>"let's become friends"
>we become good friends and fight other kids from that day onward, for 8 years
>play video games together like little bro's (red alert, gothic2, rise of nations back in the day)

then

>we lose contact after we go to different middle schools
>more than 4 years pass, right before the end of highschool, still haven't seen him again
>mom decides we're going to move after I graduate
>hanging around the go-to meetup place for my highschool buddies
>just slacking, dont feel like going home yet
>suddenly spot the childhood friend riding his bicycle on the other side of the road
>chased him down and told him to give me some contact info since I was going to move
>was kind of awkward after such a long time but it was alright since we went way back
>he gives me his xfire username
>I move
>that was 6 years ago
>we've played games together and chilled on teamspeak from that day onward

he'd become a bit of a shut-in at some point. NEET, gaming all night, stuff like that. when I see him in person, it always suprises me how he snaps back to the old days and isn't anxious or anything at all. his social skills are really good if he's with people he's connected to. last few times we even had some booze with a mutual friend, who's also a peculiar dude but a great person. he hated drinking and socializing until he realized we're just buddies hanging out talking about old days and not some nightclub kind of thing. it's been 16 years in total, with a 4 year break in the middle and I'm actually quite proud of it, I like those guys.
>>
>>34541526
>
he'd become a bit of a shut-in at some point. NEET, gaming all night, stuff like that. when I see him in person, it always suprises me how he snaps back to the old days and isn't anxious or anything at all. his social skills are really good if he's with people he's connected to. last few times we even had some booze with a mutual friend, who's also a peculiar dude but a great person. he hated drinking and socializing until he realized we're just buddies hanging out talking about old days and not some nightclub kind of thing. it's been 16 years in total, with a 4 year break in the middle and I'm actually quite proud of it, I like those guys.

Your friend sounds exactly like me. I can only open up/not be nervous around people that I know. Although I was more the third wheel kind of guy.
>>
>>34541352
at least you had emotional conflict about something. all my friendships just kinda fizzle out for no reason other than one of us is too busy and the time flies by.
>>
>>34542106
given the right circumstances, people can do a lot and even improve a ton. at least i've been able to "help" him out, it's cool to have some IRL interaction.

hope things pick up for you as well, if they haven't already.
>>
>>34541134
Pepe Nuva, Toa of Nazism
>>
>>34542146
Honestly I think it's better to let things fizzle out then burn out. The emotional stuff always stuck with me & made every subsequent relationship harder & harder. At this point I don't even make friends anymore because I know they'll piss me off eventually. But the loneliness fucks with you so much, knowing you're now incompatible with most of humanity.

I wish you much love & eventual happiness in your friendship pursuits, anon.
>>
Yes, but it ended up in a very weird and gross situation.
>>
File: 1 feeel.png (46KB, 253x294px) Image search: [Google]
1 feeel.png
46KB, 253x294px
>tfw last time I seen my old friends was over 8 years ago
>tfw 26
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.