[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bpd/ - borderline personality disorder

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1454121217876.jpg (20KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
1454121217876.jpg
20KB, 438x438px
>tfw friend is suicidal or claims to be suicidal
What do? We're not on the friendliest terms right now but can't help feeling I'm being manipulated or guilt tripped and refuse to give in. But also can't have them killing themselves. fuck
>>
This one bitch keeps complaining to everyone about her "depression". Told her to fuck off
>>
why would you stop your friend from achieving true peace?
>>
do you know where she lives? call the cops
>>
>>34535644
I do this to my friend notice the non plural often. Sometimes I just want my existence acknowledged but I usually do feel like killing myself when I say it though.
>>
>>34535644
If they're coming to you they want some sort of help, anything. You pushing them away and telling them to deal with it, isn't very "friendly" of you.
>>
>>34535684
He did something wrong and felt bad. You're not allowed to feel anger or sadness toward the BPD, else they'll imply their suicide to guilt you out of it. This is where I am conflicted.
>>
>>34535670
she just wants your attention, be a good man and give it to her
>>
my advice: talk to your friend often, as many days a week as they want. make it a regular thing. but set a time limit. like, tell your friend you'll talk to him/her on the phone whenever they want to, but that you only have half an hour (or however much time you're willing to spare). your intuition about being manipulated, to some degree, is probably correct. but your friend might still be depressed/suicidal. i feel like this would be a good way to control the situation but also help your friend
>>
>>34535644
BoyPussy Disorder? What the fuck? Memes have gone too far
>>
>>34535837
Might as well be. It's a disorder that makes you act like woman x10.
>>
>>34535644
>can't help feeling I'm being manipulated or guilt tripped
You are, that's what people with BPD do. There's no much you can do about it is put up with it or just try explain that while you're not going to feed them what they want when they're in a mood like that, you're still friends with them and care about them. They wont believe you but it doesn't really get better short of sucking their dick whenever they get in that mood, but then it could just enable them to act that way more often.
>>
>>34536411
This is my concern too, enabling them by giving into it. Is it true borderlines don't realize when they're manipulating someone or aren't aware of it? When I think of it that way it does make me feel bad.
>>
>>34536446
>Is it true borderlines don't realize when they're manipulating someone or aren't aware of it
borderline person here, absolutely true.
I've often had people say they feel like i'm being manipulative/guilting them, especially my partner, and I'm always shocked when they say it. It makes me really sad because I would never want to purposefully do that or hurt them in any way.
>>
>>34536446
>Is it true borderlines don't realize when they're manipulating someone or aren't aware of it?
There's a reason why it's a recognized mental illness.

>When I think of it that way it does make me feel bad.
Don't, it's a two way street. If they put in the effort to recognize when they're getting sort of unstable, then you should feel bad for not putting in effort yourself. Sometimes it's bad enough that you just can't help it, but like I said, with effort on their behalf, it can be a lot better, and with some support it'll be a lot easier for them.
>>
File: 1472766177789.png (60KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
1472766177789.png
60KB, 500x407px
>anon had another "episode" today
>>
living with bpd is complete hell
>partner says something that makes me slightly concerned that wouldn't even bother normal people
>feel sick to my stomach, blinded with rage and worries, can't think straight, feel absolutely disgusting and terrible, start to develop a short term disdain my SO while still being totally in love
>also develop a major case of self loathing for having these feelings
>feels like literal hell, like my body is burning
>also know that in anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 days I'll be happy and overflowing with love and appreciation again

right now it's just complete misery and hell, my intestines feel as though they want to be ripped from my body
>>
What kind of person is best for keeping the borderline in check? I hear it's good to set boundaries but how2 do that?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.