[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any robots out there with a CDL / truck driving job?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: cdlclassaNEET.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cdlclassaNEET.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
Love it? Hate it?

After 4 years of college, im starting to realize that i just dont care what i do with my life as long as it pays 'okay', is somewhat simple and not to stressful.

Truck driving doesnt sound too bad.

Thoughts?
>>
i might not be welcome here because i dont have a cdl or anything but id love to know how to drive a truck. ive only drove a straight shift pick up once though

let me tell you though, changing the oil on macks and greasing them is fun as hell. changing brale agoes is cool too, everything about them is heavy and awesome. the brake drums alone weigh 120lbs on macks. i dont know anythibg about how to fix engines but ive serviced and helped serviced nearly hundreds of them
>>
My grandpa has a B-61 mack and he has driven me in it

i too would like gave cdls
>>
I'd also enjoy being a truck driver I think, but I'm in the UK and fuck me if i'm going to sit in traffic 18 hours a day and use our cramped roads in a huge truck.
Being an american trucker in the Midwest/South sounds like a dream though, cruising the interstates across deserts and over mountains and shit.
>>
There's usually a trucker thread on /o/. You might wanna check that out.
>>
>>34534587
I did it for a little over 3 years. I am currently not doing anything though. Saved up enough money and I was burnt out from it.
Will look for a local job in a few months, or when summer comes, always plenty of dump truck jobs in the summer.

My pay was ok, I made 52k my first year, 54k my second, and 59k my last year.

I also didnt have to pay for the license or school, some government program called WIA paid for it all.
>>
>>34534587
You don't want to be a truck driver man. It sounds nice to begin with but it's incredibly stressful to drive something like that in the middle of a city or in shitty weather. It gets old fast.
>>
I drove trucks in the military. I imagine it's much more enjoyable when shit doesn't randomly explode.
>>
Is it true that truck drivers are drug using, homosexual, rest stop using, fatass degenerates?
>>
>>34534587
I work unloading trucks and the drivers tell me I should drive them instead.

I'm already insane though and all that prolonged time alone, I'd probably snap and go truck of peace somewhere.
>>
I have a CDL. I drive for UPS. This is an awesome job for a robot because interaction with others is minimal and when you have to communicate, it's usually surface level, small talk, or chit chat.

Now, I'm nowhere near the robot I used to be. If you have bad anxiety this might not be the job for you. You'd have a hard time passing the driving test because you have to verbalize almost everything that you do. Like all things in life, the first step in making it is being able to communicate at a basic level. I know that this can be daunting, but if I can make it, so can you brother.

Any specific questions I'll be happy to answer. I'm at work right now shifting in the yard. Not much going on.
>>
>Pay is ok
>doesn't require much work
>don't have to interact with people face to face much
Sounds like a dream job
>>
>>34535190
>You'd have a hard time passing the driving test because you have to verbalize almost everything that you do.
Depends on the state. Other than the pretrip I ddint have to say anything to the person giving me the test, especially during the driving part. I was told they would take off points if you talked during driving part.
>>
>>34534587

I've never driven truck, but I do a lot of logistic work so I talk to a lot of truckers. Most are fine with it sheerly on the basis that they make respectable money. And due to their life style don't have a ton to spend it on, it feels like even more.

That being said they tend to be fucking miserable, lonely, half crazy/druged up fucks.

Trucking is something people should do for a few years and stop, or at least find a localised route that lets them get home every day. It's cheap/free to get into and companies are ready to give handjobs out just to get people in an interview so give it a shot. Just plan on getting burnt out/fedup in a few years.

>>34535027
Mountain driving is some of the worst driving known to man. Traffic blows, but the constant shifting/breaking/dealing with faggots in cars not caring that you can't stop on a dime/the constant mandated extra stops (to keep your breaks from melting/catching on fire) makes it extremely taxing and shitty.
>>
>>34535190
i dont really get out much and only drive to work which is five mibutes away, plus ive never drove straight shift. how effed would i be if i applied to a 15 day truck driving school? would i be a laughing stock for not knowing how to use a clutch? also i can parralell park a car but i dobt kbow if i could do it with a heavy truck on the test, is that bad?
>>
>>34535234
>but the constant shifting/breaking/
More and more trucks are automatic. Cheaper for insurance reasons for companies and they are more fuel efficient.
I never had a problem with mountains except when I had to put on chains which sucked ass. Fuck California and Washington.
>>
>>34535261
Most people in the U.S. don't know how to drive clutch. I didn't before UPS trained me. It's probably not unusual for a truck driving instructor to teach someone about shifting. I've even heard it's better to not know how to drive a manual car because there are habits from that that are bad for tractors. Make sure you tell them you don't know how, but you've studied up on it. Be ready to learn and make sure they know it.

Take learning how to drive a rug one step at a time. You have to first learn how to shift, control the vehicle, get used to it. You'll learn all of the parking and backing techniques through practice.
>>
idk my uncle drives a truck and hes half methd up most the time. he gets shit done but is crazy sometimes. hes driving glycerine as we speak.

one time he was so high he freaked out in his truck and the cops couldn't get in there or something so he sat in there saying he wasnt going to let him in he didnt get charged with anything but he got fired from that job.
>>
>>34535277
if i could be a trucker driving an automatic i think i would cum in my pants
>>
>>34535675
I feel bad for the guys that's constantly going cross country. I drive local, local being within a 250 mile radius of my starting location. Most of the time I just stay in the yard and move trailers around. UPS is one of the easiest and highest paying truck driving jobs in world. I'm so glad I got this job.
>>
>>34536854
what was your resume like when you applied and got the job to work there?
>>
>>34534587
I worked as a bus driver for about a year. It is pretty fun at first, but the glamour quickly fades away. I'd only suggest a driving career if you in general don't mind being bored or just want to be left alone with your thoughts.
>>
File: 147724942879.jpg (163KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
147724942879.jpg
163KB, 1280x720px
>used to drive trucks for a grocer chain
>would deliver food and produce to the grocery stores
>really enjoyed my job
>ideal job for me, on the road, plenty of excuse to eat fat and sugary food on the road etc
>one day accidentally bump my truck into a womans car
>cops are mad as fuck with me
>don't want any legal trouble as it was accidental
>decide to try and charm the woman
>jokingly say 'You have to let me go, or this condom delivery will be wasted!'
>then touch her butt and say 'unless we use them all!'
>she gets creeped out and calls the police
>stops me from driving off by standing in front of the truck door and fighting me away (I am kind of fat and weak, she was in good shape)
>manager finds out what I did
>fired immedietely
>now I work at McDonalds, minimum wage, horrible hours, hard work

I regret it all
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.