[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I'm smart, but lazy." What does this mean?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: 1479260330351.gif (1MB, 200x200px)
1479260330351.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>"I'm smart, but lazy."

What does this mean?
>>
>>34526185
people who have the ability, but not the volition.

or at least they like to think that.
>>
File: thatsallfolks.png (370KB, 1024x576px)
thatsallfolks.png
370KB, 1024x576px
>>34526198
/thread

n shit
>>
My mom said I was smart so I stopped doing the homework
>>
>>34526185

>I was called the smart kid in school because I didn't fit in with anyone
>>
File: hitler jews lunch.jpg (62KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
hitler jews lunch.jpg
62KB, 500x584px
>>34526198
/thread
pack it in guys
>>
Lazy people assuming they are good at something but never try for fear of finding out they aren't
>>
>>34526185
I means I had a natural smartness and affinity in high school but it dropped off after you had to start properly working for the things you want in life. So now I'm fucking useless in the real world.

I would know
>>
File: WokJ1vK.jpg (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
WokJ1vK.jpg
59KB, 600x800px
>>34526185
I just picked up my Master's degree.

I still do commercial truck driving because I like listening to the radio and looking at the scenery.
>>
People that have intellifence who dont apply themselves. The biggest issue is that most people who claim they are smart but lazy are just average and lazy.
>>
People consider themselves smart because they haven't actually put their intellect towards any real challenge and therefore lack any objective bearing on 'being smart'

It's like saying 'Yeah I'm strong but have never picked up anything heavy'
>>
File: 1465937805086.png (11KB, 402x383px) Image search: [Google]
1465937805086.png
11KB, 402x383px
>people think i'm smart but unmotivated
>mfw i'm not even actually smart
>>
Whenever I had an A or B in school I always took the opportunity to relax and sometimes outright not even do a test or two because Fs there would only lower my grade to a C or a D which would still be passing.
>>
>>34526367
At least you can take apart and rebuild your truck if it breaks down, right?
>>
File: weh.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
weh.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>34526478

>tfw smart but takes me an entire day to complete a task that people who do the same subject can do it in an hour
>>
>>34526542
I could, but I'm not an owner/operator, so I usually let the company handle shit.

I should've gone that route, but I thought I'd be interested in doing something with my degree by the time I got it. Turns out I was wrong.
>>
>>34526478
>say something smart, once
>people think I'm super smart
>keep asking me to do smart things or figure out smart stuff
>I'm actually stupid as fuck
>have to keep dodging their requests
>tfw seeing the disappointment and total loss of respect when I struggle to figure something out or say the wrong word/name for something
Normies just want to assume the quiet guy is some silent genius, probably because normies believe everything they see on tv.
>>
>>34526185
You must be fucking retarded if you can't understand this simple concept.

Doing well in school only requires a small amount of intelligence if you put in a lot of effort and push yourself to learn things that don't come easily to you. Conversely, you can do well if you have a lot of intelligence and put in only a small amount of effort to learn.

There are brilliant taxi drivers who sperged out of college and there are Ivy League graduates who had to spend 10 hours a day studying but can barely hold a conversation about what they are supposed to know, only regurgitate.

You don't want to be either, find out what you're good at and do it reliably and well, don't go insane pushing yourself at things you hate.
>>
File: fuura.png (480KB, 848x482px) Image search: [Google]
fuura.png
480KB, 848x482px
Never bothered to do my homework or revised for test. Still outperformed depending on the subject and the amount of lessons skipped 80% to 99% of others (some of whom didn't work either, some of whom did so rigorously and everything between)

Also get high scores from online IQ tests (not that they tell the truth but I've never had sub-135 score in the half a dozen of different tests I've taken)

All the way from elementary to HS I was known as the smart but introverted guy

Unfortunately many who think of themselves as smart and lazy is actually either average or even dumb and fails to realise. We're all a whole lot less unique and special than we'd like to think. Hell, maybe I'm actually dumb but because I'm dumb I don't see it myself and keep on believing in my superiority. Dunning-Kruger is a bitch to deal with.
>>
>>34526185
>tfw lazy, but smart
>>
>>34526185
I'm "smart but lazy" but I am aware that I'm not actually smart.
"smart but lazy" just means you were that kid who scored top without studying in elementary/middle school.
>>
>>34526871
My mother never told my my IQ because she was worried I'd go around bragging about it (like you people) but I was put in the advanced classes where you need to be above 130 and she once let slip that my IQ makes me one out of a thousand so you do the math.

I put in very little effort in high school, I did most of my homework assignments in some half assed way but I never put in any effort to learn that which did not come easily to me and basically shitposted all of my assignments and never studied for tests. The thing is that I got really high college entrance exam scores and my GPA was like 4.0 weighted because I know how to do a small amount of work and get a lot of pay off and have a talent for test taking. Joke's on all the subhumans who studied all night for 4 years to get to the same place.
>>
>>34526997
99.9th percentile or 146 IQ using standard deviation of 15

Life in easy mode surely :^)
>>
File: 1484770182722.jpg (65KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1484770182722.jpg
65KB, 736x736px
it means I am content with learning something and being satisfied with theoretical knowledge rather than applying it.
>>
>>34527118
It doesn't sound as impressive when you say it that way somehow.

School work is incredibly easy for the things I've chosen to learn about, but being that smart creates a lot of real problems in your life in general. You guys probably realize this, normies sometimes don't. Thinking in a different style than other people makes it hard to interact and share experiences with them, it's taken me a long time to decide how to handle that difference.
>>
>>34527161
>that pic
Pretty sure sci-fi 60% of my brain. Fantasy taking up the other 39%
>>
>>34527161
Where to take a Briggs Myers test?
>>
>>34527325
https://www.16personalities.com/
fugarelli
>>
>>34526185
Wouldn't a smart person recognize their laziness as detrimental and fix it?
>>
>>34527631
>Wouldn't a fat person recognize their obesity as detrimental and fix it?
>Wouldn't an addict recognize their addiction detrimental and fix it?
>Wouldn't a virgin recognize their lonleyness as detrimental and fix it?
>>
>>34526185
It means exactly what it says.
>>
File: aqua.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
aqua.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>34526478
>Fucking this

FUCK OFF, I DONT UNDERSTAND, PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.