[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for older anons

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (65KB, 640x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 640x750px
I'm only 21 so this previous presidential election was the first time I actively followed it and could vote. Is the climate always so bad during and after? Does it ever get better? Everywhere I look everything and everyone is being political and are constantly at eachothers throats, were all the previous elections like this and it's new to me because I haven't been paying attention or is this the first time it's ever been this bad in your lifetime?
>>
>>34522432
Lol faggoli
>>
>>34522432
No this was a once in a lifetime spectacle. Every other election was dismissable to the general public after a week or so. Everything was lighthearted for the most part.

This year's been a shitshow. I'm so glad I voted Trump. The reason why this years so different is because the candidates couldn't be more different and Obama fueled a subtle tribalism.
>>
File: GodEmperor.png (527KB, 769x742px) Image search: [Google]
GodEmperor.png
527KB, 769x742px
I'm 26, but I remember 2012 and 2008 pretty clearly and it was nothing like this.

Trump is the left's first REAL substantial loss in the US in a long time. Republicans before Trump were supplicating wimps who would fold like a paper bag at the slightest suggestion that they were intolerant. Trump has single-handedly invalidated the left's go-to strategy (accuse someone of bigotry and make them apologize and back down).

I knew as soon as he started running that he was a significant, massive, historical figure. This isn't just hindsight, I argued with my liberal friend over it. Trump represents a paradigm shift. It may be hard to see if you're new to politics or aren't a conservative, but basically Trump means the right wing isn't playing anymore. This is the subtext of all this leftist hysteria. They don't know what to do, but they sense deep in their gut that it's really really bad for their side.

I grew up jaded, nihilistic, and depraved, and Trump is the first person I've ever wanted to call my hero. He makes me WANT to be a good person. He's a shining beacon of strength and resolve in a sea of inauthenticity and cowardice.

Much of the hysteria is media-manufactured (kids in school repeating media smears of Trump and bullying pro-Trump kids, college kids regurgitating talking points, etc) but sincere leftists are in crisis mode right now. Trump is as bad for the left as he is good for the right.

Like many on the right predicted, the Trump phemonena is making waves globally too:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-01-17/brazilians-want-their-own-donald-trump

All in all, yes, we live in crazy times. They're only going to get crazier. I expect violence to escalate to levels we can't imagine now.
>>
i cant remember an election that was this bad. the bush gore florida thing was bad but nowhere near as bad as this is
>>
>>34522462
Very insightful anon thank you for the massive contribution to the thread
>>
No. There was a lot of butthurt after Bush's re-election, but not like this. And in the case of 08 and 12, we had ... the tea party and some disgruntled conservatives on the internet.

We've been becoming increasingly polarized, but it is now coming fully to fruition, where people are feeling pressured to either identify fully as right or left wing. Being a centrist is not even viable in this climate anymore. The left and right will only become greater enemies over time until the shit truly hits the fan.
>>
Not really. There's always backlash and protests but this was by far the worst I remember. Really it's because the left has been able to have its way with the public and government for years. When they lost this time, they lost a lot. It's also worse because the media used fear tactics and false news to demonize Trump so extremely.
>>
>>34522607
yeah this, for a lot of leftists it was a dream come true, they had 8 years of the first black president, obamacare, gay marriage, SJWs taking over culture, the opportunity to flood the USA with Muslim refugees and to top it off this would lead straight into the first female president. They thought it was basically over and they had won everything.

Trump ruined all their plans and the reason they have such a seething hatred for him is became their tactics don't work on him. If Trump should be remembered for anything in politics it's that he was the guy who destroyed political correctness in the Western world, I think it will turn out to be more important than anything he did as president.

The usual intimating tactics don't work anymore so the left are getting frantic and are lashing out, they're showing their true colours and are encouraging violence against Trump and people;e who voted for him.
>>
There hasn't been an election like this anywhere in the west since 1945 I'd argue. Before Trump I had no hope for the right, but maybe things are changing. There might still be a chance to reverse the decline.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.