[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the root of your anxiety?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: anxiety.jpg (47KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
anxiety.jpg
47KB, 620x387px
What is the root of your anxiety?
>>
>>34518940
Absence of free will and normals acting like it exists
>>
My consistent history of failure
>>
>>34518940

>21 year old and no life experiences while most people my age have had friends/gfs and thousands of photos on FB to prove it
>>
Merely existing.

This comment was not original.
>>
File: fuura.png (480KB, 848x482px) Image search: [Google]
fuura.png
480KB, 848x482px
Fear of failure probably
>>
Parents who didnt properly support or encourage me.
>>
That my penis is shrinking
>>
>>34518940
Money and a world where money is monetary and shit
>>
>>34518940
The only fear I have at the moment is being a lonely virgin my entire life.

I wish I was asexual so I'd never have to worry about it.
>>
Probably general shitty parenting. My parents used to fight all the time, sometimes physically, broke up, got back together several months later and broke up again before I was five. My mom was still in her twenties and wanted to be irresponsible, so she would go out all weekend and act irritated when I bothered her, except when she was inexplicably crying, which was frequently, in which case she needed me to comfort her even though I was a child and couldn't understand why she was always acting so fucking retarded. My dad would bitch that I never called him, and when I did call him he bitched at me anyways. My childhood wasn't abusive or anything, it just left me with terrible social skills and a dim view of emotions and human relationships.
>>
File: 1482249636075.png (1MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482249636075.png
1MB, 768x1024px
I think autism
not memeing at this point
>>
>>34518940
Failing a DOE drug test, ruining my life. Now I'm just shitposting until I die alone and pennyless
>>
>>34518940
I must be perfect.

Alas I am not perfect. Not even the best. I am quite average.
>>
>>34518940
Shitty parenting, the realization that I'm dumb, being controlled by the elite, not being self-sufficient.
>>
>>34518940
The fact that I'm unemployed and there's literally no hiring in my city. The last job posting I could find was from three days ago.
>>
File: rejects.png (703KB, 989x745px) Image search: [Google]
rejects.png
703KB, 989x745px
>>34518940
Just lack of life experiences in general really. I fucking love my parents but I'd be lying if I said they didn't surround me in cotton wool my whole life.

Im also coming up on 20 and still a HKV, the possibility of dying alone is pretty scary desu
>>
>>34518940
The fear of being judged, regardless of whether the judgement is positive or negative. I just don't want to be thought about critically by anyone
>>
>>34518940
Emotionally bullying by my weak father in my childhood and adolescence and lack of any strong male role model figure
>>
>>34518940
I am mad that I don't have good things in my life (e.g. qt pure gf) and I am sad that I am a piece of shit that doesn't deserve any good things and would most likely just squander/ ruin it.
I'd like to be something special or out of the ordinary, but I am mediocre at best at almost everything and everything that makes me stand out is negative.
I'd love to have some clarity as to what matters or what is good or what "life is all about", but alas I am just an idiot bumbling through the world without a clue, unsure of myself at every single step.
>>
File: 82fe0b69b0a1c44e1bd656496a0c11ea.jpg (720KB, 913x1400px) Image search: [Google]
82fe0b69b0a1c44e1bd656496a0c11ea.jpg
720KB, 913x1400px
>>34518940
Parents that shouted at me for being mentally ill instead of taking me to a doctor, making my self esteem practically non-existent and making me feel worthless in everything I do.
>>
>>34518940
high expectations planted into me by my parents without any kind of reinforcement or help to achieve them

they literally thought I was a genius and would figure it our by myself, later they started thinking that it should be the responsibility of the school to do that.
>>
Being hurt, hurting others and/or being abandoned by them.
Every relationship of mine ended like this. It's gotten to the point where I completely isolate myself but still I'm craving human interaction. It's pure suffering whatever I do.
>>
>Believing I'm not good enough
>Thinking people might look down on me for being a 5'8" man
>Aspergers
>SSRI's
>I'm dead broke
>I'm too stupid for college
>I go to a trade school and trades have a stigma in the US
>Caffeine makes me very anxious
>Lack of sleep
>>
File: 1473095269871.jpg (28KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1473095269871.jpg
28KB, 500x381px
Abandonment issues with my mom. She was a narsasstic drug addict who kicked me out when I was 13 and started renting my room out to a 21 year old dude she started fucking. She went on with her life without.

>first girl i ever had a serious relationship with was also a narsasstic drug addict who cheated on me and dumped me on her 21st birthday thru a text and ignored me.

Life is funny.
>>
Other ppl's opinions of me
Shame
No job
>>
>>34519970
You are speaking my mind.
How do you deal with it?
>>
>>34518940
Inferiority and a strange fear of being successful
>Don't feel good enough
>Anxiety is usually tied to poor self confidence which is a symptom of a much bigger issue

Talk to someone tweakers and use maintenance drugs (try not to get hooked on them) exposure doesnt work alone

Ive got it pretty bad but if you dont deal with it youll wind up huying a sex doll and going to a motel 4x a week
>>
Struggling to come to terms with what I should do with my life. The only reason I went to highschool was because it's what people my age did. The only reason I became an engineer was because it seemed like the next logical step because I was good at math and science. Now I'm sat here about to graduate with the sudden realization that my life was meant to be whatever the fuck I wanted it to be. I could have traveled the world, done very great and fun things with my life. But instead I sacrificed myself to the fucking 60 hour a week for 40 years slavery just because it is what other people do, so I guessed I should have too.

I wasted my youth and I'll likely end up wasting my life. I don't see myself living past 23.
>>
>>34522942
Finally a good post
>>
>>34518940
Incompetency and having to commit to any form of responsibility.
>>
im feeling like eyesight is fainting for like 5 years now, at this point i dont even start to panic when i see the missing spots in my vision.
>>
>>34522841
iktfb
For some reason I try always try to punish myself and then tell myself I deserved it
>>
>>34518940
Being a fat, disgusting piece of shit

Still don't want to change though, food is too good.
>>
File: 1377367014099.jpg (139KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
1377367014099.jpg
139KB, 337x450px
the fact that life is worthless
>>
If I knew that I wouldn't have anxiety.
>>
The possibility of people hurting me either physically, or verbally.

I am a sensitive person.
>>
My cunt of a brothers paranoia made me this way
>>
File: 1266264231129.jpg (15KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1266264231129.jpg
15KB, 300x200px
>>34522999
>original

brlbrlbrl
>>
>>34518940
Fear of disappointing the people I love. Everyone has such high hopes for me, and I'm realizing now how I'll never live up to their expectations. I'm starting to believe I'm schizoid, depressed, and possibly autistic, things I never imagined I could ever have. And how I behave in day-to-day life, and me being in college, really worries me whether or not I'll graduate, have a normal life, or even survive the next four years.

I just want to be happy, I just want my family to be happy, and if I fail college, that'll never happen. And if I do fail, I'm scared I may kill myself, because I don't know what I would do without a degree.
>>
>>34519831
Where does your perfectionism come from? Mine is I think a mental side effect from the bullying I had at school.
>>
>>34522942
Wait do you think your youth is gone when you're like what? 21?
>>
Part of it is genetic predisposition. My entire mother's side of the family is a clusterfuck pf mental illness.
Then there's parenting. They both ignored the in hindsight obvious mental issues I had. Dad went out of his way to mock me for any slight thing I did wrong, without teaching me how to fix it. Mom blamed me for things I didn't do and was so high strung my brother and I had to be as quiet as possible when at home. After the divorce my dad showered his affection on his gf and rarely visited, while mom got worse. She also never made us do chores, instead doing everything herself so she could claim to be a victim who we never helped. If we tried to help we were doing it wrong. We also weren't allowed to go out alone until I was 18, then it was assumed I'd just know how to function. I also had no allowance but wasn't allowed to go out to have a part time job. Was too scared to try at that point, anyway.
Then at school I was bullied, duh.
>>
>>34522942
>Good at math and science
Whats it like..? Did your parents help you with your study? Did you get a lot of exposure to those at an early childhood? I'm always extremely jealous at people who say those things. Calculate fast, understand concepts better and faster. Just being able to mentally rotate things with no effort. Woman brain here. This problem of mine makes me want to never socialize again.
>>
>>34522942
are you me?
I just graduated BSEE and have no fucking clue what my life is about. I haven't slept more than 5 hours a night in a month because of the sheer existential anxiety I have right now. may kill myself soon. best I can offer is that you just hang in there. I wish I could say more, but I just don't have any answers myself
>>
File: 1478370457492.gif (641KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1478370457492.gif
641KB, 500x281px
Fear of rejection and trust issues towards other people
Also this >>34519375
>>
>Constantly insulted and mocked and reprimanded for nothing by family
>Abandoned by friends
>Pretty much everyone takes advantage of me when they can
Sometimes I wish I wasn't too stubborn to kill myself
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.