[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a smart idea to try and connect with girls that listen

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: New Moon.jpg (90KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
New Moon.jpg
90KB, 319x319px
Is it a smart idea to try and connect with girls that listen to stuff like Elliot Smith, Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst, and Neutral Milk Hotel?

Or you think thatd be a red flag in certain ways?

Cause I really find it comfy walking and listening to Elliot Smith. But fear its a sign of my shitty self loathingness
>>
>>34515559
Listen to black metal.
Convert to nordic heathenism.
Acquire a wife and lots of blonde children.
>>
>i can't find girls who respond to my taste in music on /soc/ or /mu/
>i know! i'll make a thread about it on /r9k/ surely there are girls who will fuck me based purely on what music i listen to there
fuck off faggot go take your shitty music back to the normie boards
>>
>music is a part of my life

/highschool/ is over there pham
>>
>>34515589
That doesn't help since this is a subjective topic.

>>Trump is literally Hitler
>>
>>34515607
That makes no sense senpai.
So anyone out of HS shouldn't listen to music? Is it a shit tier hobby?
>>
The only one of those I know in any way is Bright Eyes, and there's nothing wrong with sad songs
The biggest red flag band for girls is the 1975
>>
File: eggy rage.png (610KB, 1554x398px) Image search: [Google]
eggy rage.png
610KB, 1554x398px
>>34515559
>Women
>Liking music as good as Elliot Smith

Literally don't fucking exist

All they like is the latest shitty music. I wish I was exaggerating, but i'm not
>>
File: V__20F6.jpg (10KB, 325x166px) Image search: [Google]
V__20F6.jpg
10KB, 325x166px
>>34515693
>>b..butt I'm tiny Rick!
>>YouTube video
>>Rick and Morty brought me here!
>>Thanks for introducing me to such sad music Rick and Morty ;_;
>>
I think I made this thread too early during the wagie day...
>>
>>34515559
I've only ever found one girl who liked Neutral Milk Hotel and we stopped talking after we got into an argument about whether Daft Punk's Random Access Memories album was better than Discovery it wasn't

Finding a girl who's as passionate about music as you are isn't always a good thing I guess
>>
File: Feeling called despair.jpg (40KB, 447x686px) Image search: [Google]
Feeling called despair.jpg
40KB, 447x686px
>>34515708
>Rick and Morty

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

God damnit that fucking normie show brought all the normies to Elliot smith and Johnny Cash, two artists that normies pretty much have forgotten about or avoid, but who mean so much to me. REEEEEEEEEE

ENOUGH
>>
>>34515693
Elliott Smith is generic angsty teenager-core
>>
>>34515559
just because someone likes the same music as you doesn't mean they're similar to you or are a person you could be in a relationship with. You have to let go of that dream

>But fear its a sign of my shitty self loathingness

lots of people who are pretty normal and content with their life listen to these artists, you'd be surprised
>>
>>34516632
so Elliott Smith is a lot similar to MCR, Panic at the disco and 21 Pilots?
>>
>>34516661
He's on the same playlists
>>
>>34516673
he killed himself which made him a celebrity for angsty teenage girls, of course, but that doesn't mean that his music has anything to do with these awful bands, just listen to it
>>
I>>34516646
A girl I was actually seeing one time in my life enjoyed the but of underground hip hop I played (Cage, Aesop Rock, MF Doom) but when something like Elliot smith or fleet foxes came on in my car shed ask me to skip.

Reeeeee! Its my car and I'm driving bitch! I don complain when you put on Z100 fm and listen to the same 6 songs all day
>>
>>34516761
>>killed himself
>>stabbed himself in the chest

I dunno if it was Sudoku anon
>>
>>34516761
I did, when I was an angsty teenager

His lyrics were plenty attractive to that crowd before he offed himself
>>
>>34516807
It wasn't screamo
>>
>>34516807
His lyrics aren't similar to angsty teenager-core bands at all
>>
women who like shit like elliott smith heard rose parade and think its omg so sad they're not gonna understand a song like kings crossing or most of his other shit and what its actually about
>>
>>34515559
>women's interests matter at all
>confusedblackman.jpeg

bitches can't think for themselves, they are more hopelessly lost in the deep conformity of their hierarchy than any man
>>
>>34516967
>rose parade

Still too advanced, the only ES songs they know are Miss Misery, Between The Bars, Angeles and Waltz #2
>>
File: 1401741570673.jpg (31KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1401741570673.jpg
31KB, 333x333px
>>34515559
Most definitely.

You'll be in for a bumpy road though.

Oh wait what am I FFUUUU

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE

GET OUT NORMIE GET OUT GET GET GET OUT NORMIE RRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEE
>>
>>34515559
I adore Conor Oberst and Elliott Smith. Why would it be a redflag? They sing a lot more than about their low self-esteem.

I think the bigger red flag would be that you're afraid to be true to yourself in something so subjective as music taste.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.