[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else refer to themselves as "we" in their heads?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: skiing.jpg (271KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
skiing.jpg
271KB, 1080x1080px
idk if it's because I've been alone for so long, but there are three of me in my head and we decide to do things together, usually after a little bit of arguing
>>
>>34508951
i use
>me
>you
>anon (my name)
I think those are pretty normal since internal dialogues are common in speeches, drama plays, comedy, etc. But what you describe is unusual, seek help
>>
I say we in my head
but I don't think there are three fucking people in my head dude
>>
I lost marks on a recent assignment for using the royal we. I failed the assignment for more than that but the teacher is an ex english major and specifically underlined and commented on we.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuEMhyRw-VI
>>
>>34508951
you have a mental illness. not judging but it's a fact
>>
what is this girls name? shes a beaut
>>
>>34508951
Yes same. It's hard to explain but whenever I listen to music I pretend I'm letting a friend(who does not exist) listen to it for the first time and go back and forth with opinions on it. I've noticed I usually only want to start listening to music when the thought of sharing an album with him pops in my head. I get really into it and whenever I catch myself and snap out of it, the music just isn't as enjoyable. I think it's some mental gymnastics your brain does to compensate for loneliness
there's a girl version of him too for the more delicate music
>>
I say it often in my head and out loud when I talk to myself.
>>
>>34508951

You sound like you might develop multiple personality disorder.
>>
File: shrug wat.png (20KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug wat.png
20KB, 560x407px
we say 'us' in my head
>>
Just pretend its your Stand.
>>
>>34509311
holy shit, I do the same thing when I listen to music. Sometimes I pretend I pretend I am recommending a friend new music to listen to and we discuss what we like and don't like about it
>>
>>34508951
I say 'we' because I used to believe I was my thoughts and my feelings were separate from my thoughts. So since my thoughts and feelings kept getting into arguments, it was always 'we' who settled on something.

I think there's just something wrong with us OP, but I don't care.
>>
>>34509311
>>34509956
Do you guys ever imagine playing a video game and explaining the mechanics or showing off cool tricks you can do to an a imaginary gf or friend?
>>
no but I will have hours of arguments or discussion with fake people I create in my head
sometimes it even gets tough to tell if it actually happened or if I imagined it
>>
>>34509992

Holy shit I do something similar too. Like I would categorize my feelings as an entity, and I would spend many times talking to it, trying to reason with it and stuff. And I would define different entities to different feelings, and I would spend my sleeping times trying to reason with those feelings.

And I would have like these board of 'advisers' in my head, basically these bunch of voices that tell me what to do and stuff, and sometimes I listen to them.
>>
>>34508951
It sounds like you have some kind of dissociative disorder. I have DDNOS. Sucks.
>>
>>34508951
yes, but its because I often imagine explaining things to someone else because it helps me understand things better.
>>
Yup, but for now there are only two of me
>>
>>34510092
I also had the 'advisers'. Though for me it was all my past selves conversing with my current self to see what the optimal outcome was.

Never knew so many people did this.
>>
File: lain.png (402KB, 598x1021px) Image search: [Google]
lain.png
402KB, 598x1021px
i always think of it as nothing, neither i or we, don't think this body is conscious in that way, more like it's a vessel for words and experiences to accumulate and form a personality and identity like a robot, the original seed left a long time ago after amnesia i believe things weren't the same, the "i" is usually false and the closest to the original this body has got has not been a pretty site, if those insides were on the outside it would be a mess and it would never stop pouring the sludge out

whenever the body's alone it likes to talk as if it's somebody else, i just don't feel like the i is really me, as if the daily person that walks around is just a mirror or a mask for each person, and that even the person "i'm" alone with is a mask for myself, and that there is no true self because it got deleted several times over, the only time it shows its face is in moments of extreme rage, aka 3-4 times in the past 7 years, it's a nasty thing, there is a habit of pathological lying to keep it in its cage and the body believes it, there was a time when a voice spoke through me for a few years in a psychotic state and it wanted me dead, it wanted to kill others and it wanted to destroy, i think that was the last of the original before it deleted itself, or the body got better at locking it out of the control room, amnesia gave it to me and took it away

i like to talk to myself for hours and to talk to all kinds of people in my head, but the biggest thing is that the body believes it's being watched, it's entire life is a movie, everyone's in on it, everything it does the entire world is watching, it's even watching itself, it commentates to the audience no matter what it does and frequently tells the evil to just come out and laugh already, the joke's over, the body believes this, the "i" that is watching doesn't pay attention to reality anymore to remind the body that it got caught in a loop, the body feels their presence

the i is floating somewhere, nowhere
>>
>>34510042
i do this too, for hours and hours and hours, my brain pulls me along for rides i don't want to go on, i argue with imaginary people, go to imaginary places, live in imaginary movies, get in imaginary fights, live imaginary lives in one sitting, i got in the habit of just sitting in a chair in pitch black in my room and talking to the chair for hours on end so i would forget about reality and get lost somewhere else in a trance

i do this so much that it has become an obsession, every time i think the first thing that happens is some of my voices start an argument or debate in my head about something that doesn't really make sense

for years it bothered me and made me angry but now my thoughts are so jumbled i rarely have coherent sentences, like some made up language my brain is processing on its own, it continues on in my sleep as well
>>
>>34510284
Do you have depersonalization disorder? People with that tend to be really philosophical about their notions of reality or self
>>
>>34510421
i don't know

i haven't been to a doctor because i haven't been outside in 4 years
>>
>>34510451
oh shit waddup. I assume you're a meet right?

I guess the difference between you and schizophrenics is that you aren't creating a new reality, but viewing the current reality as fake. Not going outside tends to do that to you, but not to your extent, mostly just a bunch of betas complaining about chad.

Either you had depersonalization before, or daydreamed so severely that you just managed to turn reality of at will.

Teach me pls. Being dissociated means you won't be able to experience pain vividly, which is gonna make cutting my arms a lot easier. I myself don't think that this is the fundamental reality, but somehow, I still remain at its whims
>>
>>34508951
nah you need help

unless you're talking on behalf of a group you know personally and as a unit. like ur squad
>>
>>34508951
I do the same thing.

I got tulpa shit going, though. You might, too, unintentionally.
>>
>>34509170
>>34510098
>>34510527

You guys think so? Maybe I'll go see a psychologist.
>>
File: 1457884895435.jpg (2KB, 123x110px) Image search: [Google]
1457884895435.jpg
2KB, 123x110px
>>34508951
I do that too, I always though I was insane for doing it but it just feels unnatural to do it any other way. It's like there are two of me in my head and we talk to each other. Fortunately we agree on most things so I don't come out insane.
>>
>>34508951
I say we sometimes. I also say me, I, you, and my own name. I also talk to myself a lot and I've noticed I do it when I'm stressed out.

I caught myself doing it today at the grocery store and it worried me because I was using profanity.
>>
I don't use we/us but I have 3 distinct personas. The normal me a gay slightly spergy pagan. Then there is Southern Christian deeply closeted persona (I grew up in the south but left at like 8-9). and Then there is the persona that is a cynical normie. They're like distinct personalities and behaviors, have different speech patterns and I can switch between them mostly freely. It might just be a coping mechanism for rough childhood and semi repressed homosexuality, or me just being spergy about code-switching.
>>
most of the time unless im mad avout something i dont talk inside my head except for when im writing or typing

i think in motions or sonething like the process of doibg sonethibg sinplified
>>
>>34510608
>pagan

Gayest thing in that whole post desu.
>>
It's normal to feel like you're two people

It only becomes clinical once the number of individuals occupying your headspace is 4 or more
>>
>>34510524
i'm extremely sensitive to pain and afraid of pain so i don't know
>>
>>34509223
Rachel Cook, look her up on instagram

originalcomment
>>
File: prWuCfK.jpg (259KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
prWuCfK.jpg
259KB, 1800x1800px
>>34510692
Well, I've got 3, so am I good?

>>34509223
Her name is Rachel Cook. Top qt, even though she's got a giraffe neck. One of me is actually married to her in an alternate reality, we have a happy family and she's constantly nagging Me V3, so he sometimes isn't available.
>>
Uh...Oui

originel
>>
>>34509223
>>34511564
Also, please don't ban me for sharing her name, she is a professional model, and a fairly successful one afaik, so her name is already out there and I'm sure she wouldn't mind some autist giving her more publicity.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.