[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling like shit again? Get in here. We're going to alleviate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_00.jpg (568KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00.jpg
568KB, 2560x1600px
Feeling like shit again? Get in here. We're going to alleviate your sorrows forever.
This is not an another band-aid advice thread.
Details are in the next post. I'm here to answer any questions.
This is and always will be free.
>>
>What is it, how does it work?
http://www.emofree.com/eft-tutorial/tapping-basics/what-is-eft.html

>Written tutorial
http://www.emofree.com/eft-tutorial/tapping-basics/how-to-do-eft.html

>Demonstration video of the technique being used on war veterans for PTSD, traumatic war memories and nightmares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3JnxLWe5RI

>Basic tutorial videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AW01rT92Ng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlCE4P6Ue0w

>Here you can search for specific emotional problems and tap along with the video
https://www.youtube.com/user/eftwizard

>Comprehensive video course on piratebay
thepiratebay(DOTTT)org/torrent/4025348/The_EFT_Course_-_Emotional_Freedom_Technique_-_Gary_Craig
>>
what is the point of anything when free will can not physically exist, you are going to die one day anyway and heat death of the universe is inevitable?

what is the point of consciousness when it only leads to suffering?
>>
Bumperinoooopop
>>
>>34503670
why are you spamming this?
>>
>>34503755
What is the point of feeling bad about the objective truths you mentioned?

>>34503843
What makes you think it's spam?
>>
Post moar blurry city streets behind wet glass. Anybody got a big animated one fit for wallpaper?
>>
>>34503864
>What is the point of feeling bad
as free will does not exist i lack the power to 'will' myself into not feeling bad. there is no point, it is how it is.
>>
>>34503902
Free will is real. You are a human bean not a monkey
>>
>>34503864
>EFT has no benefit as a therapy beyond the placebo effect or any known-effective psychological techniques that may be provided in addition to the purported "energy" technique

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cp.12020/abstract;jsessionid=AC372FBEEE856A6301DCB3498E6D9489.f02t02?

sounds like new age pseudoscience bull shit to me
>>
>>34503986
What makes you think monkeys don't have free will
>>
>>34504055
They cant use their intelligence to decide what actions to take. They are controlled by their compulsions/hormone. A human being can chose to let himself starve to death.
>>
>>34503902
Define "free will", define "consciousness".
They're undefined, philosophy leads futile fights with windmills.

>>34504026
Might "sound" like new age pseudoscience, but you have nothing to lose by trying it.
You should also read the citation you're quoting from wikipedia carefully and you'll notice that the argument in those articles is raised by a couple of psychologists based purely on their "expert opinion". No official studies have been done to refute the effectiveness of EFT. You should also consider that those psychologists careers or on the line in case this technique is widely adopted by the population.
>>
>>34503986
physics says otherwise.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will#Physics

as do the libet experiments.

it probably depends on your definition of free will, but conscious decisions are not possible (libet) and you can't possibly force the atoms and electrical signals that form your brain and consciousness to behave in a certain way.

in a deterministic universe, everything is predetermined, which leaves no room for 'free' will (as in: the ability to make conscious choices and manipulate the outcome of your actions).

in a probabilistic universe, it's just quantum particles behaving randomly. if everything is determined by entirely random movements of the smallest particles in the universe, how can you even begin to think about 'making deliberate choices'?
>>
>>34504055
>>34504134
>>34503986

Why draw a line between human beings and monkeys? we are just animals, same as monkeys or any other animal. there is no qualitative difference.
>>
File: domino effect.jpg (54KB, 698x400px)
domino effect.jpg
54KB, 698x400px
>>34504146
>Define "free will", define "consciousness".
they're both defined in dictionaries as well as wikipedia and other encyclopedias.

causality is well defined as well. to deny causality is to deny the laws of nature.

in my opinion, free will would only be possible if it was based in a dimension outside of the 4th dimension, i.e. if you believe in a 'soul' or 'gods' that are not bound by the laws of nature as we perceive them.
>>
>>34503986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hXbxeIYcZ4
>>
>>34504342
I wouldn't be so sure about the certainty of causality.

https://platofootnote.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/on-causality/
>>
Ah. EFT = weaponized placebo effect. Well, any non-pharmaceutical form of therapy depends in part on the placebo effect, doesn't it? If you don't trust your therapy approach, such as cognitive behavioral therapy or exposure therapy, then you'll resist it and it won't work. The placebo effect is when your belief in the medicine in question provides optimism, hope, and a general improvement in mood, which can improve physical health and help fix the ailment in question. It's not called an effect because it does nothing. In the case of depression and related mood disorders, the things that the placebo effect does happen to actually fix exactly the problems that need to be treated.

So, EFT may actually be a good method for treating depression, if the practitioner is able to help the patient produce a willing suspension of disbelief. If EFT is not successful for the patient, they may try other relatively benign forms of religious participation than EFT such as Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, or new-age nature worship.
>>
>>34503670
Did this in therapy. Didn't really do anything except make me feel awkward.
>>
>>34504342
Both in wikipedia and the dictionary free will is defined by human constructed ideas and emotions. There is no physical objective framework to define "free will".
It's a made up concept that has no basis in reality.
I think you're still fighting windmills.
>>
>>34504509
Absolutely wrong. EFT does not rely on the persons belief of the process. Just on their ability to execute the procedure and follow basic instructions.
I doubt anyone who ever tried EFT for the first time believed they could alleviate their anxiety or eliminate their physical pain by tapping their fingers on the head.

>>34504522
Can you go into more details? Your therapist might've made some mistakes.
>>
>>34503694
It sounds like pseudo-science to me.
>body's energy system (what?)
>based on ancient knowledge
>"healing"
>not to be found in the laboratory (ie. it doesn't exist so please don't go looking for it)
Probably just a placebo.
>>
>>34504656
If we rejected ideas based on how they "sound" we wouldn't have science. You should consider how Einstein sounded when he claimed that stupendous amounts of energy can be released from matter.
You shouldn't accept the explanation of why EFT works, in fact I still don't and mostly because of the reasons you quoted but based on the results there is no denying that it does work.

>Probably just a placebo.
Well watch the video I posted on vietnam veterans. Some had traumatic memories that they rated 10 on the intensity scale and after EFT they were at 0, meaning they were unaffected emotionally when thinking about those events. After following up with them a few days later they were still at 0 and most of their nightmares have stopped.
That must be one hell of a placebo.
>>
File: IMG_01.jpg (971KB, 1280x1920px)
IMG_01.jpg
971KB, 1280x1920px
Bumping with cozy images.
>>
>>34505224
fuck off shill, nobody's interested in your stupid products
>>
File: IMG_02.jpg (683KB, 2000x1357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_02.jpg
683KB, 2000x1357px
>>34505271
But I'm not selling anything.
>>
Lacking the self-esteem to even begin self improvement.

This leads to an endless cycle of self-loathing
>>
File: IMG_03.jpg (713KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_03.jpg
713KB, 3264x2448px
>>34505415
We can chat on omegle, I'll guide you through the process and try my best not to take you out of your comfort zone. If you don't like it you can disconnect I won't hold it against you.

tag: r9kpostman
>>
EFT cannot help my lack of purpose / nihilism.

When your #1 problem in life is you literally have nothing in life you want to work towards because life doesnt matter and is pointless, there"s no hope.
>>
>>34505581
addition here: even if life has a point, I have quite literally zero desire to work towards anything sinply because there's nothing I enjoy -it's not even depression, I simply just cannot stand hedonism, and there is literally nothing left in this world that gives me enjoyment apart from hedonism.
>>
>>34505581
>>34505619
You're wrong, your lack of will is a learned behavior. If we can break your programming down and find out what really makes you feel this way we can break the cycle.
I assume that some part of you wants to feel differently about the world otherwise you wouldn't have posted here.
>>
>>34505706
is this a cult recruiting...?
what exactly are you trying to accomplish

Honest question
>>
>>34505833
By programming I mean when you first experience the emotion. You can't for example have a fear of snakes unless you at some point in your life learned to be afraid of them.

>Is this a cult recruiting...?
Haha no, how do you arrive at that conclusion?

>what exactly are you trying to accomplish
I'm trying to help, most people who post on this board are plagued with a variety of mental issues. I found something that can have very dramatic results and I feel it's wrong if I only keep it to myself. I am aware that the whole process sounds ridiculous and that discourages some of you, but I'm hoping some people will try it regardless. Even If it helps only those few then I consider my goal accomplished.
>>
>>34505706
It's not learned, and I do not lack willpower. I would love to find something in this world that I truly enjoyed, but it does not exist. Existance is my issue. I have seen what humanity is, and it is filth. All humans including me should be cleansed, really. Life always plays a game where it gives you just enough dumb hope not to kill yourself, and then you suffer some more. Life is a big prison.

Also, >>34505833
Sounds very cult-like. The same places you will find people talking about such nonsense as indigo children and energy healing and angels and shit, is where you'll find people talking about EFT.

If I wanted to join a cult, I'd go join a satanic one, at least that would be fun.
>>
>>34506006
Even if it were possible to cleanse these emotions, I would rather know the truth than be blinded by dumb ignorance. My personal "emotional trigger" would be knowing just how trash humanity is, and by that I mean humanity as a species. The only way I'd be happy is if we just nuked the planet
>>
>>34505706

>I assume that some part of you wants to feel differently about the world otherwise you wouldn't have posted here.

Not that guy but that's probably what I think deep in my subconscious but in my conscious state I'm stubborn and refuse to try to do anything to change my ways.
>>
>>34506086
Addition. I've actually seen and read about EFT before -while looking into various bs people believe. As far as I know, it's just a method to release emotions, and that won't help the underlying actual issues of lacking a reason to exist, hating humanity. And so on.
>>
>>34506125
You can remove the emotions as much as you want, but if the situation is innate, it'll last 2 seconds before coming back. My situation is existance.
>>
>>34506025
>>34506086
>>34506125
If you're content with how you see the world then you don't really need my help.
You got it wrong my friend. EFT doesn't lobotomize you and it doesn't change your belief system. If you think humanity is trash then you'll continue thinking humanity is trash for however long you wish to think it but you will no longer FEEL any emotional intensity about it.
Snakes will still be able to kill you and you will still be aware of this but you will no longer FEEL scared when you're near them. You'll simply use the rational part of your brain to avoid them.

>>34506194
You're wrong. Once you treat an emotion with EFT the results are permanent.
>>
>>34506006
can you tell me something about yourself
like what do you do, work, age, were you a NEET
what kind of problems did you have before and how did EFT help you

why did you choose the "postman" name
>>
>>34506267
You're basically just shilling new age trash on a board where people need legitimate, real help - yet another reason to hate humanity.

There isn't a way to 'Remove sorrows forever", and of course nobody wants to feel like shit - but what you are shilling is essentially emotional wiping - emotions exist for a reason, and they are there to let you know something is wrong - if you wipe them, you're just being fucking brainwashed.

Emotional wiping, seems a lot like brainwashing to me.
>>
>>34506364
Anyways, I'm not going tl shit up this thread any longer. But know all anons reading this, do not trust OP. These new-agers are not the type to be trusted - they will fuck your belief system, because changing your emotions changes your outlook on life, aka changing your belief system.
>>
>>34503670
what is this gay thread? Stop posting extensional nonesense. Fuck you and your gay fucking piece of shit thread, FUCK YOU. This comeplete NONESENSE helps nobody. PISS OFF.
>>
>>34506267
One last thing. Anyone who says someone has low/no willpower is a 100% confirmed bad person - You're essentially attempting to imprint weakness on people, and use them for your own needs. Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>34506270
I'm not going to share any specifics about me but I'm going to give you the answer to what you are really asking I think.
The answer is yes, I was like you and now I'm very different.
I chose postman for the same reason I'm not going to reveal any specifics about my life. I'm the messenger, I deliver this information. You choose to do whatever you want with it.
>>
>>34506429
The reason he isn't revealing any information is because he's probably a freemason pushing degenerate cultist propaganda.

Gas yourself, kike.
>>
>>34506364
>You're basically just shilling new age trash on a board where people need legitimate, real help
What's "legitimate, real help" in your eyes? and how is EFT "illegitimate". Please be more specific.

>emotions exist for a reason, and they are there to let you know something is wrong - if you wipe them, you're just being fucking brainwashed.
I'm sure people with OCD will agree that checking 10 times to see if they locked their door because of their emotional compulsion provides many security benefits and it's totally rational.
Stop generalizing and using straw man arguments. Treating emotional disorders is not the same as "brainwashing".

>>34506422
Again with the straw-man, when have I ever said that?

>>34506471
Well I can't say I'm surprised that you're now spewing /pol/ memes but maybe you can appreciate the irony in you accusing me of "brainwashing" when you're subscribing to the most pants on head retarded conspiracy theories that exist out there.
I don't think your hostile attitude is really justified since I didn't do anything wrong to you but if you're content with being that way then I hope it works out for you. I'll be here if you need me.
>>
File: IMG_04.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px)
IMG_04.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>34506403
Okay... thanks for the bump.
Have a cozy picture.
>>
File: IMG_05.jpg (643KB, 2000x1285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_05.jpg
643KB, 2000x1285px
Really like the colors on this one.
>>
File: IMG_06.jpg (916KB, 1639x1093px)
IMG_06.jpg
916KB, 1639x1093px
Nothing cozier than a house in the middle of the woods, right?
>>
>>34507318
That sounds like something a serial killer would say.
a great place to hide the bodies
>>
File: IMG_07.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px)
IMG_07.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
>>34507349
With modern forensics you really can't hide anything. With everyone having social media accounts you really REALLY can't hide anything.
So I'd advise you to use EFT to soothe your homicidal urges, haha.
>>
>>34506776

this looks like a bedroom in a psych ward
>>
>>34507425
Still shilling? Must be famned important to you to push your shit this hard. If you were just out to help, you'd have gone someplace more accepting. Every single poster here knows you're a shill.
>>
File: IMG_08.jpg (505KB, 2048x1122px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_08.jpg
505KB, 2048x1122px
>>34507481
I think it's a small apartment with a very bad view.
Here's another house in the woods.

>>34507510
I go where I'm needed most.
I'd love for you to explain how this is shilling if I'm neither selling anything nor tricking you to do anything against your will for my benefit. Hell, you don't even know who I am. So please explain the mental gymnastics you have to perform in order for that statement to ring true for you.
>>
File: IMG_09.jpg (839KB, 3000x1955px)
IMG_09.jpg
839KB, 3000x1955px
This particular one has less of a 70's northwestern United States serial killer hideout feeling.
>>
Haven't talked to my oneitis in a week. It hurts a lot and all I want to do is to talk to her and fuck her. Her and I sort of had a thing but now she's moved on to my friend, more than likely whoring herself out to him. Not 100% sure but it seems likely.
>>
>>34508105
I see. You can go through the material I posted up there if you want to do it on your own or we can chat on omegle and I'll guide you through the process. Whatever you prefer.

omegle tag: r9kpostman
>>
File: IMG_10.jpg (1MB, 2048x1357px)
IMG_10.jpg
1MB, 2048x1357px
Aaand back to the northwest.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.