[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/jobs/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 90W.jpg (281KB, 609x700px) Image search: [Google]
90W.jpg
281KB, 609x700px
I'm going to Uni come the fall, but in the meantime I'm getting a job so I can buy videogames n shit. What jobs do you guys have, do you like it?

>age
>job
>do you like it
>salary
>how long have you been working there
>any interesting stories

I've had a job before working at a busser at a restaurant but that shit is fucking awful. I applied to be a security guard or a stocking person at Lowe's. Any advice or recommendations would be great
>>
>18
>School Cafeteria Worker
>Hell yeah
>10.75 an hour
>Second Semester working here
>One time a dude threatened to beat the shit out of me because we were out of chicken tendies
My advice is to just apply everywhere and don't set on one job you applied to because chances are you won't get accepted. Keep applying and your choices are who gets back to you.
>>
>>34499260
Are you working at the school you study at?
>>
File: Facebook-23336a.png (97KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Facebook-23336a.png
97KB, 500x300px
>19

>Work at bingo hall doing bar and changing people's money

>No.

> 7.20 pounds an hour

>A year

>Stories?
We get crack heads come in sometimes and they cause a lot of trouble, the last person that caused an issue was someone fighting a tea machine.
>>
>>34499307
Yes. I got very lucky with my job. I'm able to go from classes directly into work.
>>
File: DRW.jpg (83KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
DRW.jpg
83KB, 650x842px
>>34499317
Full time or part time? Why'd you pick a bingo hall

>>34499330
When I go to college I intend to do just that
>>
>>34499389
Picked it for experience, go there twice a week, Saturday all day and Monday nights.

Mum pretty much forced me to go for it
>>
>age

>job
On Universal Credit

>do you like it
Yes. It gets boring but I'd much rather be on benefits than be working. Plus I am legitimately not fit for work medically anyway.

>salary
251 pounds a month, with no expenses.

1 month

>any interesting stories
Despite not working I sleep from 10pm-4am every day
>>
>>34499548
How much do you weigh? Why aren't you fit to work?
>>
>>34499548
Is universal credit just another word for Neetbux?

>>34499431
Has it been a good experience
>>
>>34499201
>age
>job
Insolvency Actuary
>do you like it
I'm a total fucking slut for numbers and data
>salary
$256,000/year
2 years
>any interesting stories
I work remotely and spend 10 months out of the year travelling. The last two cities I went to (Chicago and Atlanta), I was stopped randomly on the street and people asked me, "Norman?" acting like I was someone they knew. The second time was extra unsettling because a different woman called me by the same fucking name.
>>
>>34499260
>>One time a dude threatened to beat the shit out of me because we were out of chicken tendies
jesus what kind of memer was this
>>
>>34500226
How'd you manage such a high paying job
>>
File: Eyoto.jpg (105KB, 1000x753px) Image search: [Google]
Eyoto.jpg
105KB, 1000x753px
25 | Paralegal | Love it | 42K | 1-2 Years | N/A
>>
>>34500469
PhD in Mathematics has very limited options. I realized this during my undergrad years and doubled down on taking a minor in Economics, and getting my MBA. Searched for jobs on Indeed and applied to several jobs that didn't have listed salaries. I was expecting $60,000 - $80,000 at best myself but it ended up being work for the largest bank in the U.S. I was actually offered $255,000 but asked for $256,000 for the nice squared tetration. Apparently the payscale increases to upwards of $500,000 over the course of 10 years. Look into it if you're still young.
>>
>>34500609
$42k seems a bit on the lower end for paralegal work. where do you live? have a degree or cert?

i'm currently a legal assistant earning $56k and going to school in the evenings for my paralegal certification in washington state
>>
>>34499572
63kg, have severe stomach problems

>>34499575
Yes
>>
>>34499201
I can't say for sure about Lowe's but stocking's pretty nice usually. (truth be told that's partly what I do now but not for Lowe's) Stores vary on hours but where I worked it was 5-9am which was kinda nice to have most of the day to do whatever.
>>
>>34499201

lie and get an office job. Works every time
>>
>>34500788
How many years till you can retire?

>>34500935
That's what I'm hoping for. Just stocking either early morning or late night, avoid customers, go home with a nice tidy paycheck
>>
>>34500831
Apples to oranges, anon.

At my org, a non-profit, entry level attorneys make $45K and the highest paid attorney nets less than $100K (excluding Exec. Dir.). That said, I can live with $42K.
>>
>>34499201
>fucking excellent picture

Needed to tell you that didnt even read your gay story
>>
>>34500944
How do you even do that?

r-ravioli
>>
Mc Donalds
Can be a real fucking pain on some shifts when you are understaffed and busy as all hell at 11pm. But most of the time its easy as fuck and you hardly have to do shit also I enjoy working with a most people there.
21aus per hour
3 years
We had this pain in the ass abusive manager that was a real ass to all male workers in kitchen all standard kitchen workers hated his guts, he would basically insult you half the time and he would lose his shit from stress most of the time he seemed on the verge of a mental breakdown most of the time it was a fucking pain in the ass to work under him not pleasant at all. Well he just disappeared for just about over a year for what ever reason then he just came back and of course I was there for that shit well he was still the sane terrible human being as before and my colleges in the kitchen where as pissed off just as me, turns out he swore at them during before my shift so they planed to call the store as a customer and say how the workers were abused, well it actually bloody worked he fucking straight up quit after that.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.