[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here fell for the /career meme/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: tmp_22155-1485156642334-5456459.png (32KB, 688x578px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22155-1485156642334-5456459.png
32KB, 688x578px
>70k a year
>live in a decent city
>live on my own
>have a car

STILL ALONE

Don't fucking tell me to go on tinder because I never get matches.

I knew I wasn't Chad so I opted for the career meme. It's gotten me fucking nowhere. I hate my life and everything it stands for

JUST
>>
>>34495635
i wish i was you
orgonolodoooooooooo
>>
>>34495635
>has shit that most people here would dream of
>still unsatisfied
Fuck, man I envy the shit out of you. At best I'll be able to make about $50,000 if I actually graduate and find a job.
>>
I know that feel.

It's done nothing but introduce more obligation and inconvenience into my life.
>>
>>34495635
Exactly same feel, 26 year old militaryfag here.

I feel so empty and flat right now.
>>
>>34495680

There's nothing to be envious about friend. I go to work and come home alone.
What's the point if you can't even enjoy life with people? I have no friends, no girlfriend (most women look the same and act the same anyways).

This is cruel. What am I supposed to do with my life? Just kill me
>>
>>34495825
I'll tell you what to do. Save and invest everything you can for a couple years and retire. Your life will improve a millionfold when you no longer need to work a day in your life.

With all the time, you can do whatever you've ever wanted. If you only want friends and a gf, then get hobbies, in shape, etc.
>>
>>34495680
What kind of shit degree are you getting?
>>
File: 1485561948156m.jpg (234KB, 941x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485561948156m.jpg
234KB, 941x1024px
>>34495635
I have a gf and I'm completely unemployed. She pays for everything, I just need to have sex with her every other day or so and she's happy. I really would like a nice respectable career. The grass is always greener Anon.
>>
File: CWw_0rMU8AAF7uQ.jpg (23KB, 289x438px) Image search: [Google]
CWw_0rMU8AAF7uQ.jpg
23KB, 289x438px
>tfw dropped out of college and started investing in my appearance
If this board has taught me anything it's that looks are everything
>>
>>34496055
Wish this was my situation, but I don't know if I could trust a female in such a power position; they're despicable usually and want men to be that career meme
>>
>>34495635
I don't know why people are being such pricks ITT. I'm on the career path as well but I could easily see this happening to me.

(unironically I'm going to kill myself at age 25 if I feel this way though)
>>
>>34496055

i dont understand roasties that do this. i see qt roasties with uggo degenerates quite a lot. i can only assume its becasue they have zero fear you will cheat or leave them
>>
>>34495937
the more free time you have the more you waste it

I know that because I'm wasting it right now
>>
>>34495635
Kek. Did you know social life is so important that poor people buy fucking cellphones instead of food ust to fit in with their peers?

You're fucked. Humans live to have social lives.

The only pure exception are schizoids, and a mixed bag are autists. Schizoids don't give a crap, and autists find there's no point to social rituals.
>>
>>34495825
>There's nothing to be envious about friend. I go to work and come home alone.
>What's the point if you can't even enjoy life with people? I have no friends, no girlfriend (most women look the same and act the same anyways).

I make 250k and I'm in the same position. Looking into sugar daddying.
>>
>>34498367
i have tourettes syndrome and i'm the same way. been like this ever since i was a kid.
>>
>>34495635
Start making females disappear.
>>
>>34498393
>make 250k
liar

and if you aren't, are you taking girlfriend application?
>>
>>34498435
I do too, but I've been fine socially. how bad is your tourettes anon
>>
>>34495937
> Save and invest everything you can for a couple years
> retire
lmao
none of us except this sack of shit >>34498393
will ever make enough to retire after "a couple years" of saving.
and even he only saves about 1m in 10 years, so that's 20 years before he can think about retiring minimally with heavy investing.
>>
>>34495635
Actual femanon here. I will tell you why.
>70k a year
70k is pretty low. Switch jobs/industry to make 6 figures.
>live in a decent city
Key word is decent. Unless you live in an exciting city then it is useless to find an attractive woman.
>live on my own
Great starting point! But are you currently renting or owning? That's a huge difference! Women tend to judge on that. However, if you are renting, at least let it be in the downtown area or a huge apartment.
>have a car
Again, what type of car do you have? The first thing a woman sees when you pick her up on a date is the car.

Make some of my suggestions and I guarantee you will find at least a 7/10.
>>
>>34498467

Not lying. Yeah I'm taking applications. Where are you?

>>34498495

I'm never going to retire. Need to stay productive/active. Plus got mortgage to pay, etc. Taxman takes half my income remember also.
>>
>>34498579
my point exactly
you can never win unless you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth or you milk the welfare system and your relatives as much as possible
>>
>>34498564

Actual man here and let me tell you why that's bullshit.

>Make six figures, no one cares.
>My city has millions of people, they're all looking for Chads
>Bought a house in the past year, no higher reply rate online because how would they know or care
>No one sees your car when you can't even get replies

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>34498579
canada, where are you?
>>
>>34498660

What do you. I'm in the biggest city in that country. You?
>>
>>34498610
>Make six figures, no one cares.
OP at this point wants a female companion. A girl WILL notice if a man makes 6 figures. She WILL care and at the very least make it a transactional relationship.
>My city has millions of people, they're all looking for Chads
Again, wrong. A girl will always go for a man making money. Chad won't be a security blanket for her. It's biological for woman.
>Bought a house in the past year, no higher reply rate online because how would they know or care
You obviously don't flaunt your house right away. A house is only shown to demonstrate to the female you have money. Again, she will feel secure. It all falls to security.
>No one sees your car when you can't even get replies
Tinder isn't your best bet. Go on other sites. Heck advertise yourself here and I guarantee you will get a """"""fembot"""""" reply.
>>
>>34498678
>What do you KNOW.

I'm posting eating and watching the flash all at once. Can't write properly.
>>
>>34498678
if you're willing to marry a 4/10 with juvenile interests and an unusual ethnicity all while being socially retarded enough to lose on women mode in a first world country, i'm your girl
>>
>>34498564
>70k is pretty low
Wtf is wrong with you? Literally after paying your rent/mortgage, other bills, food, you have a shit ton left over if you aren't spending on some materialistic ish like you probably would.

70k is a lot of money, especially for 1 person. But you can also raise a family on 70k if you're smart. Shit maybe even if you're dumb.

What does it take with you females
>>
> earn $90,000 (+ stock options) a year
> live with my parents
> dump thousands of dollars a month into savings
> no friends no social life

At least I enjoy my job, and I play solitary sports like cycling and running.

>>34498693

Bullshit.

Some chad making $40,000 with a leased base-model BMW he can't afford can go run up his credit card bill at the bar and girls will be all over him.

Meanwhile someone making actual money who lives responsibly will be invisible.

Girls don't want someone who makes money; they want someone who spends money.
>>
>has money
>has car
>has place to live
>"can't get a woman"

Women literally only care about your money and career. You are good to go. The only reason you're still alone is that you haven't tried, you fucking pussy

I have no sympathy for you.
>>
>>34498748
that depends where he lives. 70k is barely enough to pay teh bills in NYC/SF. He said decent city, though, so it's probably not those, in which case he probably earns the equivalent of a six figure salary in those places, which is enough to cover expenses and save a bit.
>>
File: baitman.png (201KB, 504x389px) Image search: [Google]
baitman.png
201KB, 504x389px
>>34498777

check these dubs

who /bateman/ here?
>>
>>34498693
>OP at this point wants a female companion. A girl WILL notice if a man makes 6 figures. She WILL care and at the very least make it a transactional relationship.

I have my income listed on POF and my job and if it's increased my reply rate it's just to the "barely exists" threshold. I've had two replies on POF, neither of which went anywhere.

I've had three or four unsolicited messages from fatties but I don't want a fatty.

>>34498715
>marry

Wut. I don't even know you. Height/weight?

(Sorry about the delay in replying. My dad just came over to visit.)
>>
>he makes money through his own effort
>he can live on his own, without being subject to the demands of others

Damn, OP. What a horrifying situation to be in.
>>
>>34499331
>he can live on his own, without being subject to the demands of others
lol
how do you think that money appears
>>
>>34495635
same, decided to focus on me before worrying about women. now I'm 30 and all that's left is used up single parent roasties looking for a paycheck to support chads bastard.

$80k
car
house
work crazy hours,etc
>>
>>34495635
you did that hard part now just get semi fit and not super autistic and you made it
>>
Is it possible for established careerpersons to work part time, like only 3 days a week 40 weeks a year, or seasonally, like full time only 8 months a year? This would be the ideal where you get the freedom to live your life and have money, but now just work, sleep, repeat, enjoy 2 days of freedom your whole life. Can't say I do this myself since I'm almost 30 and been NEET for 4 years, and only jobs I had were retail wagecuck ones
>>
>>34499623

Fat as fuck too dude, huh?

I find every single girl even at 30 that is slim will not respond at all online no matter what I say.
>>
>>34499647

Well you can do that as a doctor. That's one of the percs of the job.
>>
>>34499274
>he isn't desperate enough to propose to an anonymous stranger over the internet
you sound out of my league
>>
>>34498715
>unusual ethnicity
Explain?
>>
>>34499818
>you sound out of my league

You'd be surprised. I don't think I'm out of anyone's league. If you're skinny you've already met all my criteria.
>>
>>34499749
opposite

6' 145lb hungry skeleton. I've been this size since HS thought I was suppose to get fat and shiet
>>
>>34499274

As a follow up to this, I've been playing with POF. Just logged in again. I'm noticing a trend.

The wall DOES exist. But it starts around 37-39.

I am getting random women in that age range messaging me. Now that their ovaries are all dried up and they're wrinkly/saggy they just want some free money.

What a joke.
>>
>>34499918

lol. I meant the girls are fat as fuck, not you. Finding a slim girl over 30 is damn near impossible. Everyone's fat and gross. And practically no girls reply unless they're obese.
>>
>>34495635
I know the feeling desu. At least I have my catbro to keep me company.
>>
>tfw work 60 hours a week, but no way to get skills to actually get a place for myself
>>
>>34495635
Because you're the same person anon.

No matter what you have you're gonna be the same person, the same hometown, the same insecurities, the same regrets. Happiness and everything is chemicals inside you, external shit won't change that.

Statistically, money doesnt make you any happier, once you make enough to no longer have any financial stresses. And that's exactly why. It's the same reason why sitting in an airplane going at 300 mph feels the same as standing still. you don't feel the speed, you feel the acceleration.

If you wanna be happy, don't settle. Keep moving, keep accelerating. Do something different each day. Doesn't have to be a grand fucking adventure, maybe just cook something new or watch a movie you'd normally never watch. Wander around that part of town you've never been. Take up learning to draw or play some instrument. Make a short film. Ride a bike.

My life is, objectively, pretty shitty. I have a low paying job, in a shitty run down apartment. I have no friends, completely alone, but i'm starting to feel happy for the first time in my life because of just doing more shit
>>
>>34500110
You'll go back to being miserable soon. Doing shit can only make you happy for so long. Happiness is genetic, not a choice.
>>
tinder just depresses me. I get a passable girl to swipe right, I send a message to her, she never responds and I hate myself more
>>
>>34500187
it's not perfect happiness, there's times when i feel like shit, but overall, an average, i'd call myself happy, and it feels stable.

compared to 2 years ago when I tried to kill myself, my depression was to the point where it'd take me sometimes hours to get out of bed, standing up in the shower was impossible, and at some point i started to get psychosis

it'll take it
>>
>>34500227

I can't even get on Tinder. Won't let me validate my cell phone. Been trying 2 weeks. It's like they know I'm too beta before I can even try.
>>
>>34500304
I remember when I used to feel stable. I still do stuff all the time. I feel like I'm always productive, but when it comes right down to it, our happiness is decided by our environment and genetics. I'm not the only one who believes that either. It's pretty much common knowledge in the field of psychology. I wish I could be like OP and have some kind of future (or even some kind of present), but sometimes you can do everything right and still be sol.
>>
>>34499397

Your employment is voluntary. If you don't like your job, you can find another one.
>>
>>34495635

If I was you I'd live in a shitty apartment and save all my money and then live /comfy/
>>
>>34496055
This literally can't be real. Anon is telling tall tales again.. Unless you are like 6 ft 3 with a 10 inch dick and are extremely good shape. I refuse to believe this.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.