[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone over-achieved yet still ended up being a loser? >study

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: 1485020654838[2].gif (369KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
1485020654838[2].gif
369KB, 500x271px
Anyone over-achieved yet still ended up being a loser?

>study hard during school and end every exam with literally no mistakes
>had A+ on all subjects three years in a row
>graduated from highschool as the 4th best student in my city
>Joined university for free
>Got a Bachelors degree in economics
>During uni years got in shape and earned 3 weight lifting medals
>start to spread my resume around
>nothing
>get offered dead end jobs (cashier, food delivery, in a spa, security etc)
>end up becoming a chef
>tfw everything i did was for nothing
>>
>>34495565
A failed chad? How?
>>
Ouch. I'm also in economics and that does not sound good. Did you intern?
>>
>>34495565
How long has it been since you graduated?
>>
>>34495565
Just remember. Your gender studies degree as just as valid as any other!
>>
i think college is just there to show that you are a capable person and not a complete, retarded, baggage riddled fuck up.

other than that, i think the people who attend college are mislead about the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>34495609
Didn't get a chance, always got the 'lol we'll call you back' and no respond.

>>34495614
graduated last summer
>>
>>34495654
Did you have absolutely zero work experience of out college? Ever considered lying on your resume?
>>
>>34495654
>last summer
Bitch relax this lul period happens to a lot of people. Go be a cashier for 3 months until CHADCO calls you up for 80k starting.
You're still a chad and need to get the fuck off my board.
>>
>>34495665
i did work in highschool's summer in a restaurant, and during uni worked for a year in a warehouse supervising, stocking stuff and registering bills.
>>
>>34495704
i've been burning and mutilating my hand for the past 8 months and no one called.

also how can i be a chad when i'm still a 23 old kissless virgin
>>
>>34495565

>Economics degree

Should've done some research on job demand.
>>
>>34495565
>end up becoming a chef

What kind?
>>
>>34495833
do all 18 year olds do this prior to going into college or?
not everyone thinks ahead like this or is going to college for the same reason.

who even gave you the idea to research job demand? you probably picked up from 4chan.
>>
>>34496348
commis
>>
Living in America sounds harsh. In Europe, I finished what would be high-school I think and got tons of job offers as software dev. I literally got offers per mail and got my first job with the first application I ever sent.
>>
>>34496578
it's because there's a million Mexicans coming over everyday.
unlike the Syrians who are making a hellish life or death journey when they emigrate, Mexicans can just walk straight into America like it's their fucking god given right.
it makes me sick to be honest,
>>
>>34496578
>got my first job with the first application

Why the fuck are you even on this board then?
>>
>>34495565
>it's another "student who thinks being good at studying means he's good at everything" story.

some of the dumbest kids i knew in high school and university ended up getting perfect grades for one reason or another. you didn't "do" much or overachieve, you just put all your eggs into one basket and probably felt comfortable there. now you get to be a teacher at best.
>>
>>34496383

i researched job demand when i was in 8th grade, to know what electives to take in high school to get into the right college and be as prepared as i could for the right degree. i was obsessed with professional and financial success when i was a kid
>>
>>34495565
Hahaha, this is exactly the reason why I'm a proud underachiever.
>>
>>34495565
I learned the hard way
stem degrees dont mean shit if you dont have social skills.
now im just a janitor.
>>
File: 54506900.jpg (53KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
54506900.jpg
53KB, 300x350px
>>34495565
>Bachelors degree in economics
>>
>>34496890
>he thinks thats normal for kids to do
>>
>>34496953
my brother has that degree, he just landed a 68k job with oracle, cost of living is pretty low were we live so 68k does go a long way here.
me?
I have an Electrical Engineering degree , underemployed and I clean crap at a factory.
>>
>>34496578

what year did you finish what would be high school? what country?

anyway, it's still relatively easy to find a job in software development if you have a 4 year degree. my school's CS department prides itself in having a "100% job placement BEFORE you graduate" thing, and it isn't even that great of a school

the story is different for just about everyone who isn't a STM (E intentionally left out) major. it's just extraordinarily competitive. there's just like one decent job out there for every 5-10 econ graduates, for example, so it usually goes to somebody from a really, really expensive school with a bunch of extraordinary accolades who's been interning at a fortune 500 company every summer since he was 11. or a desperate immigrant that the company pays half price for.
>>
>>34496818
Not that guy, but I'm doing pretty well for myself. I just don't have any friends and am also a 23 year old KV.
>>
>>34495609
not him , every internship asked for experience.
>>
>>34497020
good work! parents must be proud
>>
>>34497044
I just woke up and I'm missing something... Why'd you leave out the E?
>>
>>34497020
well that's the difference between a good college and a bad one i guess.
>>
>>34496994
i 100% acknowledge that it wasn't normal... it was part of my fantasy to escape my neglectful/abusive household
>>
>>34497107
we actually went to the same university.
>>
>>34496818
I'm an autismal permavirgin.

>>34497044
Austria, finished HTL in 2015.
I don't know about non-STEM jobs here, but I guess it isn't much better. The IT sector here is growing rather fast.
>>
>>34497107
It's mostly people's perception of it (name brands) desu and the network. I went to a top 75 school and knew kids from HS who went to top 10 and one out of the top 500 and we all learned basically the same stuff in CS.
>>
>>34497111
grats on being smart and nice trips
>>
>>34497105

the field is over-saturated and about as competitive as any other, at this point. you can obviously still find a job, if you're good, but if finding a job/making money is your only concern it's no longer advisable to get an engineering degree. maybe electrical, idk.

i know tons of engineering students/grads who can't find a job. they weren't top tier students and didn't have a brilliant array of internships, so it's retail/restaurants until they figure something out
>>
>>34495565
>didn't care for school
>got C's
>got into an easy experimental university
>switched to state university
>didn't even get into engineering program
>4 years of partying and playing video games
>skipped all lectures, just took tests once every 3 weeks
>apparently biotech needed people so i got a job right after graduating
>kept getting promoted on a 6 month basis
>comfy office job where i just surf the internet for fun most of the day at 26
>>
File: whyhasgodforsakenme.png (15KB, 577x243px) Image search: [Google]
whyhasgodforsakenme.png
15KB, 577x243px
>>34497168
>maybe electrical
HAHAHAHAHA NOPE
>>
>>34495565

You sound awful like a guy I used to talk to on Steam. Your resume is shit.
>>
>>34497197
Congratz man, that sounds very enjoyable.
>>
>>34497168
>until they figure something out
I feel we should form a cult of some kind, we just need someone with enough charisma though
kind of a catch 22
>>
>>34497168
not everyone gets to become a white collar worker , your parents lied to you go get a trade pipe-fitter will probably be in high demand .
>>
>>34497226
a cult of what? STEM major rejects? that would be funny. we could vandalize all the companies who we gave our resumes to and never called us back, steal all of the expensive modern art on the grounds of the schools that took all our money with promises of well-paying jobs after college, and start our own society on an island somewhere
>>
>>34495565

I became a doctor, learned three instruments, exercised regularly, had jaw surgery, and still ended up a short ugly wizard.

In your case you shouldn't have stopped at bachelor degree.
>>
>>34497267

im a physics PhD student, these are people i know that i'm talking about. and like most STEM majors, i'm sure they'll have some sort of meltdown at the suggestion of having to go back to school and learning something BLUE COLLAR, for god sakes.

also, my brother went to school for welding and couldn't find a job either ha. but i know pipefitting is different
>>
>>34497168
>engineering students
>retail
you don't know "tons" of people doing this, maybe a few who thought they would do engineering or wish they could, but not grads from serious programs you fuck. i worked some shitty fast food job my freshman year, i know exactly what you're talking about, people who are either taking a break from CC or took some courses online and talk big to justify them making sandwiches.

there is such a wide spectrum of careers that i think people like you just make shit up from what you heard in high school. to be honest i doubt engineering grads would even be accepted for most retail positions because nobody would believe they would stay long. do you think there is ANY problem for job seekers with technical writing skills today? engineers are also trained for a year in programming, that's enough to move to any city and start with a median level salary no questions asked.
>>
>>34497301
wasn't trying to be edgy
I guess cult has sort of negative connotation.
I meant something similar to what the monks of old did seclude themselves and focus on study and cerebral pursuits.
so sort of like a techno monastery where we pool our resources so we don't starve and have a roof over our head and try to study and build things to benefit humanity.
I mean I know we are far from being the best or even the rest, but I still feel like potential brain power is being squandered .
>>
>>34497398
fucking lies,
all of it
you fucking prick
>>
>>34497367
>i'm a student
>let me tell you about the job market XD

this reminds me of how virgins on this board think girls are really picky. is this some mental disorder or just a typical coping mechanism. when i was in school i was p. sure only retards couldn't find jobs, and it turned out i was right. what's more, most of the people i know making "good" salaries above 70k are also retards.
>>
>>34497446
>engineers are trained in valuable skills that a vast variety of companies need
>"no"
then you don't know a single engineering grad. congrats. the best argument you have is that most "engineering" students never get accepted for the degree. all the kids who said they did, lied to you.
>>
>>34497455
>virgins on this board think girls are really picky.

It's a matter of perspective. If you're an average white guy you won't think that since girls will want you. If you're a short ugly ethnic or autist, then yeah they seem very picky.
>>
>>34497426
>benefit humanity

Why?
>>
>>34497398

im not 100% on what their deals are - maybe you're right, that they should take advantage of the wide spectrum of careers. there are certainly a lot of people who have tunnel vision about their job and will apply and be rejected from 3 companies for 4 jobs before they call it quits and whine.

all i know is what i hear from people or passing conversations -- so and so or i graduated with a degree in engineering and still haven't found a job. it's likely this >>34497201 and bad qualifications. my BS is not from a particularly prestigious school, and people without good internships sink pretty fast
>>
>>34497484
>>34497484
>then you don't know a single engineering grad.
I AM one.
I fell for these fucking lies long ago.
>>
>>34497520
>if you're ethnic
so you're under the impression that ethnic girls are picky or what?

perspective is fine, but surely your perspective should include some personal experience going to a social event or even the grocery store. virgins who say girls are picky make the word "picky" meaningless. it's like when people say "1 in 4 girls are raped in college" if you need a better example. in my perspective, people like this are just sad fucks.
>>
>>34497543
Altruism is just something you get or you don't ,
if you don't get it, this conversation is not going to go far.
>>
>>34497455

>i'm a student
>let me tell you about the job market XD

graduating seniors or recently graduated seniors are the best people to ask, they're going through the process/just went through the process and have tons of friends doing the same
>>
>>34497553
all the internships I applied for required previous experience.
So i was fucked at that end too.
>>
>>34497553
>without good internships
a typical engineering program has mentors and often forces you to do collabs with companies. you would not have any misconception about the job market or what is available to you. any technical or competitive major has boat loads of resources and assistance, and it's not like you're a highly specialized doctor and your only choice is to open up your own practice if things go south.

tons of money goes down the drain from man hours spent revising and proofreading documents. if you can write properly or know your physics/chemistry/law then you'll get some kind of opportunities, even if they are actually just a step above service industry. i don't know what else to tell you, there just aren't that many dipshits who weasel their way into an engineering program and only find out they made a mistake after graduating.

>>34497556
neat.
>>
>>34497614
that's like saying that the best opinions on the quality of cars are from 16 year old kids. except in this case it's the 16 year olds who don't even get a car....
>>
>>34497556
Tech companies want to spread the myth that there are lots of jobs for stem majors so that they can saturate the market with them and pay their employees less.
I don't know for sue if they hire paid shills to do this or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
>>
>>34497753
i think that's just part of the myth that anyone can do STEM. tech companies can't spend less because if they hire a fuckhead they'll end up spending more on his errors and pace and replacing people. the problem begins and ends with shitty little technical institutes and recruitment programs that never test how competent you are to begin with, and once they have your money they'll do anything to "help" you finish.
>>
>>34497553
>apply and be rejected from 3 companies for 4 jobs before they call it quits and whine.
so I decided to look through my emails to and tally up just how many jobs I applied to since the start of 2016
and the total comes to

goodness,even I didn't think I applied to that many before I took count, but apparently I did.
>>
File: 1439600100187.jpg (43KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
1439600100187.jpg
43KB, 500x349px
I know where you're coming from, OP.
Except I worked 2 jobs through most of college and employer's respect that and the networking I did despite my degree being near useless with terrible grades.
>>
>>34495565
I guess you could say that even if I wasn't achieving much to begin with.
>bachelor of engineering
>couldn't get an engineering job and so got something with lower requirements but is unlikely to help me get anywhere
I'll just have to live with being poor.
>>
File: 19-44-31.png (231KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
19-44-31.png
231KB, 480x445px
mfw
>mechanical engineering
But the specialization is Marine Propulsion Plant and Offshore Construction Operation
What do you think?
>>
>>34497343
>short
well there's your problem

should've opted for leg lengthening instead manlet
>>
>>34495704
>CHADCO
>A wholly owned subsidiary of Thunder-Coq & Normie Enterprises
>>
>>34497727

if the 16-year-old did their objective research then yes, they would be a good person to ask on advice for buying a car in their situation/price range

>>34497960

jesus. what major? what kind of job? what other sorts of qualifications? that's horrifying
>>
>>34500224
Electrical engineering:
any job that had any of the stuff I learned at school as part of the requirements/qualifications
C++,C, LabVIEW, AutoCad,Pspice,Soldering,Oscilloscopes,Matlab,Verilog,FPGAs
as well as a plethora of technician jobs.
>>
>>34500460

damn. have you found a job?
>>
>>34501216
yeah at a factory cleaning parts
>>
File: 1485490561447.png (95KB, 500x568px) Image search: [Google]
1485490561447.png
95KB, 500x568px
>>34495565
Dunno if this first bit counts as overachieving but:

>dropped out a shitty urban HS when I was in at 16
>enrolled into a suburban HS after moving at 17 out of state
>previous school somehow "lost my records", so I started 9th grade again
>perfect GPA
>loads of AP classes
>barely had to study
>did bodybuilding, was involved with track and a rugby club for a few semesters
>helped the school out a bunch by mentoring and letting new students shadow me
>did part time custodian work in the summers for them too
>had lots of underage qts miring
>graduated a year early for doing extra online classes plus the few sport semesters at 20
>awarded scholarship to any university I wanted in state as a "token of their gratitude for excellency in my work and for being so involved with the school"
>did three semesters at uni, perfect GPA and honors society bullshit
>got on first name basis with the staff within the first month
>winded up doing an orientation speech in my second and third semester, staff counted it as my public speaking requirement
>dropped out because while I like the academia setting, my dreams weren't something to be found here
>1 year later
>gained 40 pounds
>make $12 hourly working at a Michael's art store doing stock
>developed a passion for art, recaptured passion for games
>working toward game design on my off time
>rarely leave room these days beyond work
>still a KHV
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.