[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/unifeel/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 26

File: 1482526529298.jpg (440KB, 1344x722px) Image search: [Google]
1482526529298.jpg
440KB, 1344x722px
Making a new one since I wanted to blogpost but the previous one was archived.
So..

>1st semester EE
>exams in a bit over 2 weeks
>trying to study
>job interview this Friday
>have 2 friends at uni with who I study
but
>want to drink something once a week or something
>both live an hour away
>text some people from my dorm that I know
>1 answer that he doesn't want, others don't respond at all
>can't do anything with my free time
>only stay in room and listen to music or play something with a friend from HS
>20 in 2 months
>still KV

How am I doing?
>>
>>34495115
Better than me to he honest family.
>>
>>34495115
>2 friends
reee etc
>>
>>34495115
>>20 in 2 months
>>still KV
Me too

Except I'm a second year taking first year courses so I feel like a fucking failure

Already missed the time to make friends and I am getting so lonely and anxious
>>
>tfw fell for the CS meme
>don't even know if I'm going to develop an interest in it
>missed 2 labs already
>way too overwhelmed with the courseload
>>
>tfw making the same mistakes over and over again
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Do you guys actually go to office hours? I'm so clueless
>>
Where the fuck did anyone at uni buy friends? How come I don't own any yet? There's no window for conversation when going to lectures, why isn't everyone as miserable and lonely as me?
>>
>>34496506
Well technically I only see them in uni, so I wouldn't say they're real friends, but at least it makes me a bit less lonelier.
>>34496887
Why didn't you make friends with the people that are first year? I mean 1 year difference isn't that much.
>>
>>34497009
>There's no window for conversation when going to lectures
sure there is, just talk before or after the lecture m8. there's like 10 minutes usually
>>
>>34497009
protip:you do it in labs and exercises when you're divided into small groups or when you have group projects
>>
>>34497039
I guess it depends on the people I talk to, but I haven't talked to enough people
>>
>>34497057
my labs are full of Chinese students and the TA speaks in Chinese

for group projects they usually insist that we do it over Google Drive
>>
>>34497057
>no labs
>>34497042
This works? The only times I've managed to speak to people at lectures it was for no more than a couple of minutes since the damn lecturers always start early, and after the lecture I never see them again
>>
>>34497109
You need to be deliberate m8. Sit next to people you see in other lectures or maybe a fellow lonely looking robot
>>
>>34497058
itf. I'm actually not sperging out when talking to people but I just can't really start a convo with an unknown person for no reason. It seems so strange.
>>34497072
>google drive
Don't you actually gather to do it together? Cause I usually meet with the other two people I have to work with to do it. Also there surely must be someone who's not chinese or at least not in their group. If I kind of did it as an internation student, then it's possible.
>>
>>34497122
>fellow lonely looking robot
N/A, everyone at this uni is either rich or because of circumstances already knows multiple other people
I guess I could try harder, whatever that means, but I think it's already too late by this stage. Oh well, at least I still have cartoon characters and image boards
>>
>>34497142
It's not strange m8. People are just as eager to make friends as you.

Also they completely did the group project over Google Drive and email, that's because it was stats
>>
>>34497164
Yeah I need to make up from my mistakes but I keep making the same mistakes. It's really frustrating me, got me up on nights.

Thankfully I have a high school friend who might be able to connect me with some people, but it's hard right now

It's third week of winter term so the normies usually know each other and sit with each other
>>
>read syllabus
>"20% of your grade is participation, especially class presentations"
>*start trying to figure out if I can get away with -20% on my overall grade*
>>
>>34497229
well desu I did that on the first day, the guy seemed as a literal 4chan neckbeard and after the first week I've never seen him in class again.
>>
>>34497314
>desu
japs deserve another two nukes just for putting this filter on
>>
>>34497314
me too

I talked to some qt Asian girl who was nice enough to move a seat for me. Didn't get her number and never saw her again
>>
>>34497164
>everyone
that can't be true
>>
>>34497369
it's obviously not true because he still doesn't know anyone
>>
Fuck I am so stressed out frustrated and anxious. Literally refluxing
>>
damn my one friend from last term is now in two classes with me but he doesn't sit next to me or even talk to me anymore
what do i do wrong every time, i wish i had a recording to look back on and evaluate

>>34497260
same
>>
Do any of you go to office hours?

Office hours are also a good way to make friends
>>
>>34497451
I have one acquaintance from a group project last term in one of my classes. He just stares at me like an autist waiting for me to say hi
>>
>>34497369
Hyperbole, but given the demographic stats given by the uni for the student population here and by the nature of the course I'm doing, I'd put money on there not being a single loser in my subject, and this has been supported by the people I've had shitty lecture conversations with (first thing they always mention is why they're too hungover to be present (it's from clubbing))
>>
>>34497522
What subject are you taking?
>>
>never wanted to go to college
>got a scholarship offer
>parents told me to go and major in IR
>went along with it
>somehow haven't failed out almost 4 years later (GPA literally 0.01 above the scholarship minimum)

I'm starting to worry that I might actually graduate. Wasn't planning to live this long.
>>
>>34497537
same boat. I have no idea what to do after uni. Doing a hero after finishing uni would be kinda troll.
>>
WHY DID I TAKE A FULL COURSELOAD FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I SHOULD'VE SEEN AN ADVISOR
>>
>>34497536
only a handful of unis offer it in europe so wont say
thanks for the (you)s though anon, hope unis going alright
>>
>>34497586
here's your reply out of pity because you're spamming this since last thread
>>
File: 46521504.jpg (19KB, 303x309px) Image search: [Google]
46521504.jpg
19KB, 303x309px
>dropped out of uni a year ago
>been working since
>already got a decent paying job after starting as a helpdesk cuck
>mfw I realize all the money I would have had now if I had done this right out of high school instead of the uni meme
>>
>>34496937
I fell for the CS meme, just dropped out. It's super overwhelming to do CS if you don't care about it. You can miss labs, but unless you are willing to flip the switch sometimes and really focus and put some effort into CS, you will struggle.

Also, basically all the normies cheat on homework by testing their programs together, so it's way harder to make it through CS as a robot
>>
>>34497732
fuck but what will i do if i drop out?
>>
>>34497586
I saw this in last thread.I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>34497747
mate I'm not doing CS but I've been doing C++ since 8th grade or something and I still have it in uni and I think it's only hard in the beginning. After you learn how to tweak your thinking you'll be able to pick up almost every language.
>>
>>34497811
Maybe I should just drop one of my courses
>>
>>34497747
Well, I was pretty lucky and I was majoring in CS and Stats so I switched to just doing Stats. I will graduate like a year faster than I would have otherwise which is amazing since I hate being in college.

Honestly, I didn't mean to scare you. I went to a pretty good CS school (supposedly top 5 in the country, but at least top 10) without much interest in CS so my experience is my own. It's not particularly harder than any other degree, but CS in general I think attracts people that don't know what they are doing with their lives
>>
>>34498036
Hmm maybe I could switch to stats as well.

I think CS attracts all the autist spergs or people who don't know what they're doing
>>
>>34498178
Yeah I mean I don't know how far you are in to your CS degree or what other classes you did but I was literally half done with a Stats degree when I talked to my advisor about it. If you've done the Calc sequence by your Sophomore year you should be okay for a four year graduation

IDK if Stats is that good of a career path though, I haven't even looked into jobs with it. I just want to graduate so I'm not a failure.
>>
>>34498178
>>34498036
CS attarcts aimless people, because it's really popular that programmers make a lot of money and there are plenty of jobs for that kind of people. So even normies that have never tried it and have no idea if it's for them or not take it. And of course by extension, gamers also think that since they're spending their whole day in front of the PC that would be ideal for them but they have no idea what they're in for.
>>
>>34498313
Who ends up succeeding?
>>
>>34496993
I should have gone many times last semester, but I somehow only failed one class and got high Bs in everything else. I'm not the type of person to initiate something like going for help on my own, I need to be pressured into it by someone else, and, without friends, it's impossible.
>>
>>34498416
There's people who've tried it and know what they're doing of course, I'm not saying that they don't exist. I suspect that there's some that get used to it and also succeed.
>>
File: 1477013240946.jpg (35KB, 484x497px) Image search: [Google]
1477013240946.jpg
35KB, 484x497px
>>34495115

What do you guys do when you have no one to eat with and have to eat lunch alone, and the canteen is extremely crowded, and people who you know will past by you and probably silently judge you for eating alone?
>>
>>34498569
eat alone? i literally eat alone every single meal
>>
>>34498569
>implying anyone would judge
>>
File: ff437.png (438KB, 645x768px) Image search: [Google]
ff437.png
438KB, 645x768px
I think this girl likes me.

Last semester we were in Discrete math together and she always sat next to me when we had exams. Since then, every time I see her I feel that she's looking at me. Additionally, we're in the same Networks class and she sits next to me and stares at me when class ends and I pack my shit to leave.

Anyway I can tell if she likes me without talking to her or interacting with her in any capacity?
>>
>1st CC quarter went better than expected
>This one not so much
>Math is wrecking my shit and I'm not even at pre-calc yet but you need math to make money
>Japanese is going alright but I'm starting to think maybe French would be better. Not Spanish, I fucking hate Spanish they speak too fast
>English is "fairy tale analysis" because I thought I could write a joke paper about Shrek but the professor takes it dead seriously and I don't even have the thesis for my paper yet
>>
File: 1415315308647.jpg (33KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1415315308647.jpg
33KB, 396x388px
>useless major
>feel guilty about wasting my parent's money
>concerned for my future
>>
>>34498569
Bring music or some other device to just tune everyone and everything else out.

That's what I do. Yesterday I ate dinner alone in the Art building because roommate had his obnoxious, normie friends over and I didn't want to deal with that shit.
>>
Testing, ignore this post please
>>
>tfw fell for the pharmacy meme
>Job market is already saturated to the brim, gonna get even worse by the time I finish
>Gonna be ~160k in debt
Kill me
>>
>>34499146

Yeah I usually just put on my earphones and eh.. I browse r9k..

>>34499046
The guys from my class who group clique together will. Actually they probably won't but at least they will get the impression that I'm a loser. But wait why do I care. Oh, because there's a good chance I might have to interact with them for future project works.
>>
>Can't make a connection with people in real life
>Act like a normie, sometimes crack a joke, but never develop an actual relationship like other people seem to do
>Groups have formed, I'm not part of any of them

also

>Get a bad grade
>Imagine how I should kill myself or my future as a homeless guy
>>
File: IMG_4135.jpg (107KB, 673x556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4135.jpg
107KB, 673x556px
>>34495115
Me freshman year:
>think I'm going to do well in classes
>think I'm going to make more friends than I know what to do with
>think I might have to resort to dating multiple girls secretly, because I'll have so many girls all over me 24/7
Me now in 3rd year:
>know I may do well in classes, but only if I put forth an amount of effort I'm extremely uncomfortable with
>never made one friend since the start of college
>I once hugged a girl when I was drunk
>>
>applied to A&M Engineering for computer science along with UT Austin
> I get accepted into the Blinn Academy, not A&M proper

aside from not being able to actually go into my major of choice until sophomore or junior year and having to take my non engineering classes at community college, what's the difference between that and A&M proper? Is it a bad sign about my admissions chances for UT Austin?

>TFW UT hasn't gotten back to me yet.
>>
File: PEPE.jpg (2MB, 2560x2489px) Image search: [Google]
PEPE.jpg
2MB, 2560x2489px
>>34495115
>friends never want to hang out with me
>only call me when they want help with homework
>>
>>34498569
I just try not to think about it and if I do it starts to bother me more.

>tfw skipping lunch today and just working straight through to dinner but here I am on r9k
>>
>>34499246
>Oh, because there's a good chance I might have to interact with them for future project works.
And? What will they ever do?
>>
>>34499526
iktf

>go out of my way to be social
>have a great conversation with a bunch of people
>some of them give me their phone number
>"hey, text us any time if you want to hang out."
>wait a week
>text them "hey it's anon, are you guys down to hang out after class?"
>no response
>one texts back 3 days later saying "sorry, I was busy"
>see them all throughout the year around uni
>they pretend they don't know who I am
>>
>>34499664
>waiting a week
that's where you fucked up m8
>>
File: 1484689097403.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1484689097403.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>34498569
This is why I eat at home.

I hate crowded places.
>>
>>34495115
3 of my friends and I got reported for rape last semester.

>be drinking with friends one weekend
>we're in our dorm room playing mario party
>there's a party a few doors down from us
>a few drunk stacies (I'm guessing from the party) knock on our door
>my friends, the wanna be Chads they are, invite them in to talk them up over a few drinks
>they each drink like 5 shots and just walk out the door when they finish
>one friend tries to get their numbers, but they make a hasty retreat
>friends just accept the loss, and we keep playing Mario Party for a few hours and go to bed
>a week later, our RA barges into our room with her master key
>police are with her
>police are asking us all kinds of questions about some girls and sexual assault and alcohol
>each of us explain to them that we have no clue what they're talking about
>RA is losing it and starts screaming at the police to arrest us immediately
>police visibly lose interest and eventually leave
>RA informs us that we will evicted once she appeals to the community director
>still have no clue what's going on
>over the next week we hear that it was those stacies who reported us
>eventually the community director schedules a meeting with us
>explain to them that we still have no clue what any of this is about
>one friend admits he gave the stacies liquor
>he is evicted for giving alcohol to an underaged stacy
>rest of us are probation where the RA checks at random intervals if we have alcohol
>RA and many students in the dorm give me a look of disgust every time I walk by them now

How is everyone else's college experience going?
>>
>>34499701
I met them Friday after class, and had no idea if they'd be free during the week. And I didn't want to call them up during the weekend just a day after I met them. They were a bunch of guys, not some whore I'm trying to text. I figured they wouldn't mind.
>>
>tfw I've ruined all my chances of being social
>>
Anyone else /history/ here?
>>
Some guy in my dorm got kicked out for writing "Trump" on some Muslim student's door last week. Today, I got an email that someone on my floor was evicted for spreading "hate speech".
>>
>>34500081
is this normal in burger land?
>>
File: 1485337364975.png (429KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1485337364975.png
429KB, 633x758px
>tfw fell for the CS meme and everyday have to remind self why I need to apply myself and start this project or study for that exam and ultimately care about this saturated meme-machine of a field

Advisors and professors told me it'd get easier after the second year. I think they meant to say that after the second year I'd be in too deep to do anything else.
>>
>>34500365
No, not at all. Anon is probably memeing
>>
>>34500365
It's normal to be falsely accused, but it's less likey that anyone gets evicted or arrested for it.
>>
>>34500383
that's because second year is where it's the hardest, kek
>>
>>34500457
Have you ever lived at an American university? It's exactly like that.
>>
>>34499526
>>34500114
OP here, exactly the same experience.
>>
>>34500504
I am currently in university at America and I have never even gotten close to a false rape accusation. Neither has anyone I know
>>
>>34500892
So you're a freshman who doesn't know a lot of people, or you're a feminist who believe all those accusations were valid?
Or maybe even you go to a very small religious school.
>>
>have 2 friends at uni with who I study
it's "with whom I study"
>>
>need to write a 60 page thesis until May
>my current plan is 2 pages a day starting tomorrow
>1 page is counted as 1800 characters
>this isn't even hard to do

Will I be able to make it?
>>
>tfw feel so old with all these freshmen
>>
>tfw finally found someone to study with
>tfw she wants my dick

should I tell her my sharp facial features are the result of me losing 20 pounds due to depression?

Jesus christ I just didn't want to be alone
>>
File: IMG_0340.jpg (110KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0340.jpg
110KB, 600x800px
>>34497732

>mfw 30% of my class gets caught cheating on projects using shared code and they all fail
>>
>>34501078
I don't think I know something well enough to write more than 5 pages on it.
Good luck not just going weeks at a time without writing anything.
>>
>>34500958
Go back to debating tumblr feminists on Milo's youtube videos.
>>
Is graduate school a meme?
>>
>>34501123
How I envy you anon.

Unless she is fat.
>>
>>34501344
No she is attractive, is in the swimming team and all. Great legs. But I'm actually kind of a religious virgin so I will have to reject her at some point. Problem is we're getting closer and closer because I don't have anyone else in my life.

All I did was sit next to her for lunch because I knew her from one class. She's been clinging to me ever since. I really hope the stacy stereotypes are all true and she's fucking chad left and right without telling me because I didn't officially ask her out

sigh. I just wanted a study partner.
>>
>>34501510
You're religion is objectively false, though. And even if it wasn't, god hates fags right? Do you really want to be a fag?
>>
>>34501029
I wrote it that way at first and then when I added a couple of stuff I fucked it up.

Anyway, english is not my native language so at least I don't look like a dumbass.
>>
>>34501545
I'm not abandoning God for a girl sorry. My religion has helped me getting through very rough times.
>>
>>34501675
where are you from my mandude
>>
Uni starts again for me tomorrow so i came here to post some feels and what i wanted to say is actually quite similar to OP's story. But here it goes:

I've noticed that I don't hang out outside of college hours with anyone. I have a small handful of friends and I think they're pretty cool, but as soon as our classes end we all just go home. It would be nice if on a Friday evening we could all go to the on-campus pub or somewhere else for a little while, but all my friends have obligations. It also doesn't help that none of my days actually run particularly late, so we tend to get off too early for anyone to want to go and do anything.
I feel like I'm missing out on "the college experience."

Also
>still KV
>>
>>34501694
But since your god isn't actually real, you could just abandon your religion, fuck her, and when things go rough, just justify your actions and pretend that your god is okay with it, then go back to worshiping as an incel.
It's a fool proof plan. Picking up what I'm putting down?
>>
>>34501694
Good on you for standing firm with your beliefs, anon.

That is a very respectable trait.
>>
>>34501732
eastern Europe, but since I learned german my english became worse.
>>
>>34502039
SHUT THE FUCK UP GOD EXIST AND YOURE JUST A RETARD WHOS GOING TO HELL SCIENCE HAS PROVED THAT GOD EXIST
>>
>>34502075
>"I think we should kill all the jews and if anyone says otherwise, I can smugly assume they're wrong."
>great job on standing by your views!
>>
>>34502075
I have never been this tempted in my life. 4chan is my only vice and that's already pretty bad

>>34502371
that's not me

>>34502229
>eastern europe
I hope you are in one of the comfy spots in eastern europe at least
>>
>>34502472
This isn't me. Anyone who doesn't believe in god is actually retarded.
>>
>>34498569
eat lunch alone on a bench, avoid all eye contact with other humans and have an emotionless facial expression as to show no discontent with my situation
>>
I have a seminar tomorrow where I have no group for the group assignment. Can't wait to enter and sit alone waiting for the tutor to put me in a group with a bunch of braindead normies. I've skipped all the lectures and seminars and i'm still convinced i will do a better job than these dumb fucks, why can't I work alone!?
>>
>>34501270
Fuck I feel like that's gonna be me
>>
>>34502472
uni is in germany
>>
File: 1475164024494.png (43KB, 542x602px) Image search: [Google]
1475164024494.png
43KB, 542x602px
>tfw 400 word essay due in a week
I'm freaking the fuck out, how do people deal with this reeeeeeeee i hate my prof
>>
>tfw getting panic attacks every time I'm trying to code
I wasn't meant to be in CS
>>
>>34503229
>>34503248
get yourselves together, 400 words are likeq and 1/2 hours or so, depends on the subject and even pajeet can code
>>
>tfw hate CS
should I just drop out or what
>>
>>34495115
who /pretending-to-have-gf/

>go to library to study
>see cute girl sitting by her self
>sit a few tables away
>pretend we're a college couple studying
>look up at her every once in a while
>try to time breaks with hers so that I can bump into her entering/exiting the study room
>>
>>34503270
>being this new

>tfw 5 word essay due in 3 second
>>
File: 1482213552529.jpg (89KB, 705x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482213552529.jpg
89KB, 705x960px
>>34503229
>400 word essay
>due in a week
>I'm freaking the fuck out, how do people deal with this reeeeeeeee i hate my prof
dude what?
>>
>>34503270
>still falling for this stale meme
>>
>>34503270
>>34504466
>being unironically this new still
w e w
>>
Boys, help me.

>2nd term
>only into second week
>already missed 1/5 of lectures
>determined to actually do well this term unlike last term
>can easily see myself slipping again

How do i motivate myself. Every day leaving my room feels like a daunting task. The worst thing isnt sitting alone in lectures - i have something to do then. Its the 2 hour break in the afternoon most days. Its just depressing to wander the streets for 2 hours and kill time.
>>
>>34500958
what >>34501317 said. I go to a huge uni, one of the largest in the country, named #1 party school a couple years back. False rape is not a big deal
>>
>>34505061
how feminine are you?

your answer to this is important for further advising.
>>
>>34499463
Wtf is Blinn academy?

If you didn't get into A&M, you're not gonna get into Austin, sorry.
>>
File: j.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
I am beyond fucking sick of people in my dorm blaring rap music over obnoxious speaker systems.

Have some common fucking decency. Use a pair of fucking headphones, you pathetic cretins.

You never hear other music played like this. You never hear rock music or pop music or classical music or jazz music or any other type of music being played over giant speakers while a lone person sits in front of them with their door and windows open. It's only that obnoxious fucking bass drum pounding and pounding, tattooing itself on your temple while you sit there powerless to do anything about it because apparently you're the only who has a problem with it. God help you if two or three normies are going at it with their speakers at the same time.

Why the fuck do they do it? Is it some status symbol? Is it autism?
>>
> 2 days ago two fems knock on my dorm room door, notice it's the wrong one, start chuckling
> yesterday pass others on the stairs, they start chuckling after we pass each other
> today someone opens my door slightly, closes it quickly, audible chuckling from others on the other side
I'm fucking paranoid right now that they are making fun of me for some reason. And I don't understand. I've tried avoiding everyone, hid from everyone, ate diametrically opposed to everyone else in the cantina, tried my best to not inconvenience anyone.
>>
>tfw don't even want to be in uni anymore but keep going because I hold onto the hope of meeting a nice girl
>>
>>34505270

Are they Asian? They sound Asian.
>>
>>34505129
feminine? I dont really know. If your answer is going to be "trap yourself up" then id sooner cut off both my legs, make them into a stew and feed it to my parents than do that.

To answer though, i fairly enjoy cooking and dont mind cleaning up after myself but i absolutely refuse to clean up after somebody else. I dont understand clothes or fashion in the least. I do at least 50 pressups & situps every day alongside barbell lifts. I can grow a beard but shave every other day (if i dont i get a neckbeard). I could never be dominated happily.
>>
>>34505304
No. Everyone's white
>>
>tfw spent 2 years at CC
>only 3.25 gpa
Is there any chance of getting into a not shit Uni or should I just hang myself?
>>
>>34505304
How does that sound like Asian? More like white roastie.
>>
>>34495115
Someone actually put that Jew guy on a product label?
>>
>>34505326
heres mt advice,

start dressing up as a masked superhero in your free time, and beat the shit out of random homeless guys to relive your stress.
>>
>>34499054
Girls are just people man, say hi
>>
>>34505269
its because the mindset of people listening to rap is (usualy) different to the mindset of people listening to any other music.
listening to rap is a regression to animalistic instincts, and invokes the tribal life of 10000 years ago.

as such, it is best consumed not alone, but with a 'tribe'.

listening to rap with headphones on creates a separation from potential tribe-members, and as such is the opposite of what typical rap is about.

pop and rock can be consumed in a similar way, while classical music cannot.
>>
>>34505486

Interesting analysis, lad.
>>
>>34505432
do you just say hi to men? I dont just say hi to anyone regardless of gender.
>>
>>34505432
This grind my gears whenever I hear it. You say hi, then what? You just follow it up with spaghetti silence
>>
>>34505486
People listen to rap music largely to virtue signal and seem cool.

Imagine yourself a on-the-verge of failure normie who wants to fit in. You're probably gonna blast rap music to show off.
>>
>>34505269
I feel you anon. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday there are 2 niggers, a coalburner (i assume) and 2 white cucks who sit outside my window, smoke the devils lettuce and listen to the nigger beats. They do this until at least 3 AM.

>>34505486
While id agree with most of what you said, pop and rock are very wide genres. Pop is especially broad. While it can be said of some pop and rock songs that they can be listened to in groups and in a 'tribal' way, as you phrased it, i dont think this applies universally.

Personally, i dislike the terms 'pop' and 'rock' because depending on when and where you go they can mean totally different things. Indeed, pop literally came about to mean popular music and as such has changed wildly over the past 60 years. While generally pop music is designed to be listened to as a group and to dance to this does not apply to all members as the genre is simply so broad.

The extent to which classical music is a solo activity is something i would call into question as well. Its worth remembering that all music was once classical music and that ballroom music is typically classical music and this music is designed to be listened to with a partner and danced to.

I would generally urge against making any sweeping generalisations about entire genres of music but rap (and possibly others i dont know a huge deal about but would question the legitimacy of like dance music) is one where i would make an exception because it really is homogeneous.
>>
>>34504053
that sounds like fun ill try it out
>>
>>34495115
>spring rush
>get invited back to two houses
>one is a big, well-known fraternity that throws nice parties and has guys that girls think are cute apparently
>one is a smaller one with oddballs, really cares about grades
>get a bid from the smaller one
guys I wanted to turn my life around and become a normie and start partying, not join a fraternity full of guys that remind me of my high school friends

fuck
>>
>tfw stared and creeped on a few girls in class because i was lonely and deprived
>now everyone thinks of me as that one weird guy in class
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34505933
>frats
You aren't fit to be here.
>>
>haven't gone to any of my classes yet
>dropped them all and registered for new ones just before the deadline
>now walking into classes 3 weeks in for the first time
>have no books, can't afford them
>first assignment due in two days

For the past 3 or 4 semesters, I've become convinced that some divine force is interceding on my behalf to keep me from failing. Time to really put that theory to the test.
>>
>>34505486
>its because the mindset of people listening to rap is (usualy) different to the mindset of people listening to any other music.
>listening to rap is a regression to animalistic instincts, and invokes the tribal life of 10000 years ago.

Most people who listen to rap are whites...
>>
>>34501096

>still living in a dorm because no motivation to find apartment
>no friends to room with
>every single other upperclassman has moved out
>still haven't made any friends
>still taking classes with freshmen because I went slow in terms of courseload

lord help me. I feel like the retarded high-school senior in the middle school algebra class.
>>
>>34506770
because most people in the west are white
Have you ever met a nigger who was into Tchaikovsky? I sure as hell havent. Theyre all into im in love with the coco.

Also, that poster never said that it was all niggers. Youre imposing that on them because you know that niggers are tribal. Whites are also tribal. Every demographic is, hell, ethnic jews are some of the most tribal people and they have the highest iq and lowest crime of any demographic. Being tribal =/= being primitive and barbaric.
>>
File: 1457471556637.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457471556637.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>avoided the CS meme
>jumped ship from the engineering meme

Feels good not to be dying inside. Hey, shouldn't you be working on your code right now?
>>
>>34506919
FUCK YOU I HAVE AN ASSIGNMENT DUE TOMORROW MIDNIGHT
>>
>>34506737
retard, all the books are in the library. This isn't new
>>
>>34503911
yes it's boring af

Just do a medical career if you hate it
>>
>>34506737

kek

Good luck with that shit.
>>
File: 1485483515320.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485483515320.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>have 3 science classes
>meaning 3 labs too
>6 classes

monday and tuesday is so fucking stacked. Literally can't play LoL or fuck Stacey for 3-4 days straight

12 more weeks to go
>>
>>34506868
Wtf what year are you in?
>>
Any chemfags here? NMR is kicking my ass
>>
File: 1484225816703.png (71KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1484225816703.png
71KB, 261x192px
>>34501096
>tfw at community college
>everyone is married and 25+
>can't find single freshmen

It's so hard to tell, IT'S THE ONLY REASON I WANT TO BE AT A UNIVERSITY

I'm actually debating about driving 2 hours to walk on a university campus on a weekend
>>
File: 1482595303562.jpg (13KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482595303562.jpg
13KB, 300x360px
>2 more days of January
>still no gf
>t beta cuck forever
>>
>>34507450

to be fair I'm still a sophomore but all the other sophomores seem to have settled in better than I did. even freshmen are doing better than me.
>>
File: fuckingendmenow.jpg (120KB, 593x640px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingendmenow.jpg
120KB, 593x640px
>just spent an hour on a math equation that I didn't have to do
>>
>>34507612
shit i'm a sophomore too.

stop giving me these feels
>>
>have this semester left until I can apply for the nursing program
>positive I'm not getting in
>have no other back up plans

I'm thinking about doing compsci

Is this a mistake?
>>
>>34507677
do not fall for the CS meme unless you have a tremendous amount of normies and tutors

you cannot learn a whole language in 3 fucking months
>>
>>34507662

You know what's even sadder? I'll still be living in the dorms as a junior next year. At least then I'll get my own single room and bathroom and never step outside again
>>
>>34507677
compsci is pretty good if you're not retarded and become a code monkey

>>34507693
This is true, but any decent university doesn't pretend to teach you that.
>>
>tfw fell for the CS meme
>struggling with python so I'm sure I won't make it
>overwhelmed with other courses as well
>>
File: normiepepe.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
normiepepe.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>34507748
>struggling with python
The only reason they teach python is because they think students are too dumb for a meaningful language
>>
I'm convinced it's not possible to get a GF in college.
>>
>>34495115
Hey we are almost the same person

>EE
>2 study partners
>want to drink once a week
>20 in 2 months
>KV
>>
>>34507747
>>34507823

For you and anyone else who argues that CS is not a meme: do you really believe that any non-retard can get a CS degree with enough effort? Even if it doesn't usually "click" for them, even with absolutely no prior experience?
>>
>>34506919
>jumped ship from the engineering meme
You could just admit you aren't very smart
>>
>>34507931
>do you really believe that any non-retard can get a CS degree with enough effort?
Yes, in university all you do is gain knowledge and get tested on it, for the most part. There are part where they test your problem solving skills, which is where most people fail, if they didn't drop off already because they didn't like CS.
>>
>>34508074
engineering is quickly becoming a bubble
>>
File: 1483408988751.jpg (40KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
1483408988751.jpg
40KB, 630x418px
>time to sleep
>still got about 3 hours of homework

fug. Then tomorrow about 3-4 more hours of homework and studying
>>
>>34508457
Maybe for bad engineers, I'm not even done with school and I have job offers
>>
File: 1484671287353.png (12KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484671287353.png
12KB, 640x640px
>>34496937
I was the same way. I dropped it and now I'm in business and studying for my CCENT and CCNA.

I feel much more optimistic with this outcome than I was when I was in CS .
>>
how do you guys cope with being lost in your course? I'm trying to do some homework for tomorrow and it's 3am and i want to kms because I don't know how to do any of it
>>
>>34507736
I plan on getting a single bed single bath next year, and I can't fucking wait.
>>
>>34508815
I just kind of show up and write what sounds right and I end up finishing with straight Cs
>>
>>34508509
you could make the same case for any field
>>
>>34508815
what class?

original
>>
>>34495115
>1st semester EE
>job interview this Friday
uhhh? you probably learning calculus right now, whose gonna give you a job?
>>
File: 1482226274381.jpg (116KB, 730x735px) Image search: [Google]
1482226274381.jpg
116KB, 730x735px
>told myself 4 days ago i will study for my exam monday
>it's sunday 7pm
>im just starting to study
>don't even know how to solve functions
>exam 1 is worth 20% of my grade
>need at least 50% plus on this exam to get a 90% for the course
>mfw im a brainlet
>>
>>34499079
>I'm not even at pre-calc yet

What the fuck. What math courses did you take in hs?
>>
>don't drink
>90% of social interactions involve drinking
>male dominated degree and hobbies
How do I meet a qt gf?
>>34507658
No, you just spent an hour practising maths. That's a good thing.
>>
>>34509241
Sounds like you're destined for the path of the beta provider. Just focus on your career and eventually when you're old enough, some woman will choose you to provide resources for her and "your" child.
>>
>>34499608

I don't know, make me feel self conscious I guess
>>
>>34508946
Vector calculus and dynamics. I'm always on the back foot every damn semester
>>
>>34501078
What are you writing about anon?
>>
>tfw fell for the CS meme for no reason
>retaking python algorithms
>i don't even like coding
>struggling with python right now
>too embarassed to try to get help because i'm such a newbie
>making the same mistakes over and over again
>>
>tfw taking intro to operating systems when I haven't learned a single thing about computer hardware yet
also
>tfw haven't talked with another humanbeing outside of class in the past month.
>>
>>34509837
Change to IT or something? Kinda the same general area and barely any programming subjects
>>
>>34509951
I like it when we talk about discrete math and stuff
>>
Why don't you retards join a fucking fraternity? Go Chad mode.
>>
MY SOCIAL ANXIETY IS GETTING WORSE I'M A FUCKING SOPHOMORE AND STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

I DON'T WANT TO FEEL YOUNGER THAN ALL THESE KIDS TOO WTF
>>
>>34510019
I'd rather enjoy myself and have no friends than force myself to do stuff that I hate and have friends who don't like me for who I am.

>>34510087
Also, I'm in the same position bro. I feel ya.
>>
i have an offer from a top international university, but also a full scholarship at my local (non-USA) university

which do i take
>>
>>34510133
did anyone here get through CS as a brainlet?

i have fellow chinks helping out but I just feel like CS might not be for me
>>
>>34510133
What else would they like you for besides yourself? And what stuff do you hate? Drinking, smoking weed, and having sex?
>>
>>34499463
Currently 3rd Year EE student at UT Austin it fucking sucks here the school and the city are shitholes and the student here are the most obnoxious faggots I have ever interacted with. I just want to get my degree and never set foot back into this city
>>
>>34510283
Don't like smoking weed, don't like parties, don't even particularly like socializing unless we have actually stuff to talk about. I don't really want casual sex either, I'd rather a girlfriend.

I'm worried that I'd have to pretend to care about stuff like sports or working out. And that I wouldn't be able to talk about the stuff that I like, like videogames and anime.
>>
>junior
>kissless virgin
>no friends
First day of the spring semester is tomorrow. How do I make a good impression on some new qts in my classes and stop being a beta piece of shit?

I feel like there is some sort of organ or part of the brain that controls courtship that all normies are born with but not me. Everyone is having sex and has had qt girlfriends since middle school, except for me. I hate my life
>>
>>34505269
This, people need to start using headphones

Unless you're playing Wu-Tang, then crank that shit up
>>
File: enjeru heizo.png (18KB, 171x132px) Image search: [Google]
enjeru heizo.png
18KB, 171x132px
>Only people I come into contact with are my flatmates
>They're all normies but niceish
>Can tell they all think I'm mad just because I talk to myself
>>
File: 1485629408289.png (337KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
1485629408289.png
337KB, 1144x888px
How much more work is uni compared to High School? I feel like it might be less work, but I guess it depends on what you're taking. At least I'll never have to do a coloring project or a map ever again.
>>
>broke up with my 1 yr gf today
not sure what to feel, i was lying to myself to pretend i was a normie
maybe im destined to live alone
might as well just throw myself into school work but i know ill probably never find another gf
>>
>>34511526
Honestly it varies massively. I personally do about 2 hours work per week outside of lectures, most of which I don't even go to. I am technically failing, but that's only because I'm also a retard, and such a work habit is definitely possible for a lot of people so long as you put the hours in just before exams. On the other hand I know people in the same year who are working on something every minute they're not partying
>>
>>34511526

A good mix is 2 hours for every credit hour you are taking for the class per week max.
So if you are taking 15 credit hours (5x3) and you are spending more than six hours outside a class per week studying or doing assignments you are getting reamed.

More than likely you won't do much at all, and spend it trying to socialize. First year is important, I would suggest dorming if at all possible for at least the first semester to be forced out of comfort zone if its not prohibitively expensive. Don't be like me and be in your fourth year with no friends and hating everything about uni.
>>
>>34499463
I go to A&M. It's honestly not that hard to get in; and like the other anon said, if you didn't get into A&M, then you most likely won't get into UT
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.