[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only listen to video game music Am I pathetic?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 8.jpg (35KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
35KB, 780x438px
I only listen to video game music

Am I pathetic?
>>
>>34492287

Just listen to good music that you enjoy

If anything, it says that you spend too much time playing video games
>>
This is video game music, and it is also your link between the aforementioned, and the outside-world. Take your first step, frog. Learn to love Animals As Leaders, and then you will learn to love yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jXQOIbIAsY
>>
>>34492287
nah mate.
Silent hill, Deus Ex and many more have a great soundtrack.
However, if you like music, you should look further into the genres you like.
There's some awesome stuff out there for you to explore.
>>
>>34492287
Video game music can be spectacular. Some video games actually have phenomenal soundtracks, like Dark Souls 3. It is objectively better than anything you can listen to on the radio. It actually conveys a proper message and emotion/s that aren't just; I want to fuck X, why doesn't Y love me.

>>34492366
Like this fag said. Look into the genre of the music you enjoy. Thats how I found TSFH, by liking game music.
>>
>>34492313
not clickin' dat link 'cause lynks disease be real, real talk, nigga, but whatcha link to, ectogenesis or odessa? 'cause dem two tracks sound sorta like vidya tracks yo, but really I be all about dat lipincott life y'all ain't know nothin' 'bout dat sheet be all like woohah skeet skeet woohah whatcha know 'bout dat sheet?
>>
>>34492883
>woohah skeet skeet woohah whatcha know 'bout dat sheet?
what did he mean by this?
>>
>Implying it matters what music you listen to
>>
Post good vidya soundtracks.

KotOR 1 and 2
Mass Effect series (1 especially)
Deus Ex series
Tomb Raider Underworld
Halo series
>>
>>34492971
Add to that SW:TOR
>>
>>34492971
X3 OST
Grandia 2 is nostalgic
>>
>>34492287
just add some sport/athletic games to your track list after you play a few
tony hawks pro skater, cool boarders, stuff like that. then you'll have some normie music too
>>
it's not pathetic, I just think you're not looking hard enough for real music
>>
>>34492883
Lipincott is underrated. You've got good taste, Skeetwoohanon. What about tracks with that awesomely eerie cord thumping technique that Abasi uses, like Backpfeifengesicht, The Woven Web, and Earth Departure? It'll make ya go skeet skeet woohah woohah along all night long.
>>
>>34492287
The only shit I've listened to for years now is video game and anime soundtracks. The japanese just really know how to make music.
The ffviii piano collection is so fucking comfy to me.
>>
posting some of my favorite video game music. Judge me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp7GqByw9ZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tgTfWwQzTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smrLYaOvXkg&list=PL6akIKaXBeU2TVZUSrfyk3HQU3lxOt-Sw&index=9
>>
Started listening to classical music yesterday.
Pretty good.
>>
>>34492287

Basically, yes.

Don't get me wrong, a video game soundtrack can be good and occasionally some pieces are even good enough as a stand-alone (it's much the same with films). But, again like with films, video game music is fundamentally designed to accompany the video game, and what that necessarily means is that the music will have been designed specifically so that it does not draw the whole attention of its audience, and instead amplify and boost the emotions being expressed in the game. Listening to the music without the game means you are only getting one part of the experience that the artists have designed for you.

The fact that you choose to listen to such music outside of the game indicates that you have no real taste (and autism) because you would rather stick to what is familiar rather than something that holds more artistic weight as a stand-alone pierce. (Generally, with more room to to create, an artist has more freedom to create something interesting).

On the other hand, because video game music and filmusic are designed to accompany their respective mediums, it makes them great background/revision music because they do not demand too much attention of the listener (and usually lack vocals).
>>
>>34494466
By fuck you're a pretentious cunt
>>
Not at all...

<----Some really beautiful music from this OST.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.