[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the longest drive you undertook and where did you go?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

File: untitled-271039.jpg (590KB, 3350x2357px) Image search: [Google]
untitled-271039.jpg
590KB, 3350x2357px
What was the longest drive you undertook and where did you go?
>>
File: roadtrip.jpg (411KB, 1860x1234px) Image search: [Google]
roadtrip.jpg
411KB, 1860x1234px
I'll start
I drove around the olympic penninsula to the northwesternmost point in the contiguous US, and then went through the rainforests in the olympic national forest. Was very quiet, foggy, and comfy.
>>
>>34488957
I drove from Portugal to Finland. Mostly because I wanted to go to Russia and my aunt was on holiday in Finland. So I stopped at Saint Petersburg and went to Finland. My car was crashed in Finland so I took a plane back to Portugal.
>>
I live in Fort Worth, Texas.

I went to Los Angeles, California once. Stopped by in Las Vegas.

Next year I went to New York, Syracuse to be exact. Stopped by Virginia.

So Texas > New York would be the longest drive I've made.
>>
>/r9k/
>driving
normies get out REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34489014
What up Bellevue bro, Redmond reporting in
>>
>>34489059
>Being underage
Autism is in its prime when you're underage, but you still shouldn't go around bragging.
>>
>>34489093
redmond is nice, I took a disaster preparedness course at their police department
>>
Gwinn michigan to chicago

Quick 12/14 hour round trip, got paid 50 bucks to do it and got some valuable fucking experience driving in a desolate wasteland(wisconsin, ran over a deer 3 hours into the trip, managed to turn and slow down just enough not to damage the car cept for a broken headlight and deer shit all over the driver's side) nearly had a panic attack and shut down, almost killing everyone in the vehicle when I hit the milwaukee freeway stretch of the journey. I also learned that city prices are way fucking lower than rural prices by a rediculous degree. I got like two full meals at mcdonalds for five dollars. 12 packs of soda for 2 bucks, every imagineable snack and candy for a dollar. No wonder america is fucking fat. I loved the return journey because we stopped at a couple places to fuel up and ended up with foodloot and trinkets for mom for under 20 bucks.
>>
I don't get to drive long distance at all, but once I did a 4 hour each way to pick up some relatives from an airport to save them from ridiculous connection costs. Leaving the house at 1am driving along super windy New Zealand roads stocked up with snacks and ambient music was totally rad and I wish I had a reasn to go do it again.
>>
I dont drive.
I'm a 22 year old good for nothing with a neat bicycle
>>
i do the east coast of usa and/or canada every year or two

love my bikes and van
>>
>>34488957
Do you younglings even know why that car is famous?

If you own it you have to deliver food
>>
Time-wise, 14 and a half hours, and I really didn't go anywhere. I was stuck plowing the runway at an airport I used to work at. My boss finally sent me home after that. He was so strict with his budget, he didn't want to pay me any OT.

Distance-wise, about 260 miles from MA to NJ.
>>
>>34489407
>tofu
>food
You can't fool me.
>>
File: usa-map.gif (89KB, 577x280px) Image search: [Google]
usa-map.gif
89KB, 577x280px
I did the return trip without stopping to sleep. do not recommend
>>
>>34488957
5 days, Toronto to Vancouver
>>
>>34489407
dagumi has to deliver doritos every morning to he illuminati headquarters, right?
>>
>>34488957
Largest single stretch I've done was 13 hours.
Brisbane to Canberra.
>>
I drove across alberta for an LOA job. Those were good times and I didnt even know it. Now everything is worse
>>
My dick driven down your wife's tight ass
10 inches long
>>
File: 1483409684384.jpg (27KB, 620x440px) Image search: [Google]
1483409684384.jpg
27KB, 620x440px
Watched initial D a few days ago and now I have this urge to finally get a license and some car like a MR2

gonna save up my salary for one more month and finally start on my license
>>
>>34488957

I did a solo road trip from Minneapolis to Chicago and back with a stop at the parent's house a long while ago. This is probably the longest road trip that I will have done for a long time to come. I undertook the trip to see my favorite group perform in concert, near Wrigley field. My extremely cheap motel room had a bullet hole, but did not appear to have any parasites on the bed.

On the return trip, I made some special detours, since I figured I wouldn't be out this way again, any time soon. In the same day, I expressly rolled past both of the now-vacant lots which had formerly been the locations of Jeffrey Dahmer's apartment building, where he committed his crimes, and also of Ed Gein's house, where he did his. Neither structure still stands, and in the Milwaukee location, there is quiet and very clear signage around the block which prohibits loitering, trespassing, etc. That drive home was something like 9-12 hours overall.

Chicago is the busiest and most hazardous street grid that I have ever driven on. I escaped the city unschathed, stopping to piss and get food in many Jewel Oscos. good road trip.
>>
>>34488957
11 hours from one midwest state to another, it was fucking garbage.

I'd love to just get in my car and drive randomly for 4-5 hours some day and just see the sights.
>>
>>34488957
>road trip with dad
>2 weeks
>did half the driving
>Went south across the border to Washington
>drove east all the way to Minnesota
>drove north into Manitoba
>drove west back to bc, only making a slight scenic detour back into states through a national park that was only just reopened from a forest fire
>>
Road trip wise: Ljubjana down to Split, ferry to Italy, down through Rome to Sardinia, ferry to Madrid, up through Andorra, cross the south of France, through the lakes in northern Italy, finally dropping the car back of in Ljubljana.

Longest single day's drive was Wellington to Cape Reinga, about 1000km in 12 hours.

I really enjoy driving, but the North island trip was too much. I was hardly concentrating after Auckland and almost killed a peacock as I came around a blind bend.
>>
Montreal, Qc to Laredo, TX - 2172 miles (3496 Km). I drove a load of something (can't remember) from Montreal to Laredo to be picked up by a mexican driver and taken into Mexico somewhere.
>>
>>34488957
if you can drive you dont have avoidant personality disorder and aren't a robot
>>
I had a bunch or ambien and drove around my neighborhood for 12 hours
>>
>>34488957
Stockholm. It's just 200km though.
>>
>>34491775
>MR2
>Not Miata
gtfo
>>
~3300km from small town western Canada, to Portland Oregon, down to LA not using any freeways. Then another ~3300 back using only freeways and major highways.

I didn't do any of the driving.
>>
File: 223441.jpg (108KB, 540x473px) Image search: [Google]
223441.jpg
108KB, 540x473px
Pic related while listening to Cats In the Cradle

https://youtu.be/KUwjNBjqR-c
>>
pic related to go see AJJ live
>>
>>34491959
lol wow why didn't you just take that huge straightaway you fucking moron

seriously what is that
>>
File: longestdrive.png (469KB, 1318x816px) Image search: [Google]
longestdrive.png
469KB, 1318x816px
went to watch a football game in Hamburg
>>
>>34492003
Because that's an airplane route you fucking autist.
>>
>>34491959
AJJ played in Beaverton? When? I saw Ramshackle Glory and Mischief Brew up in Seattle at the El Corazon last year, such a great concert.

Also my longest drive nonstop was from SF to Seattle. And back. A couple times a year for school. It's not a bad drive, but parts of I-5 get really boring. I blame Oregon.
>>
File: 00101what.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
00101what.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
I drove to a city 30 minutes away and back. By the time I got home my brake caliper went out and now I don't have a car until it's repaired.
>>
File: mean.jpg (47KB, 540x523px) Image search: [Google]
mean.jpg
47KB, 540x523px
>>34492044

Rude! Be nice.
>>
>>34492027
kneppe danmark
kneppe danskere
kneppe dansk
kneppe kneppe
>>
>>34488957
tfw no hachiroku to go running in the 90s with
>>
continuos 12 hour ride from my city in Serbia to my gramp's and gran's house in a neighboring country
also
>tfw no toyota celica
>tfw no bf interested in cars
>tfw no bf interested in cars to help me learn about them
>>
>>34488957
Around 8 hours from Connecticut to Maryland.

Was pretty fun. Encountered some really aggressive drivers in Pennsylvania, then we went fast against each other.

Was blasting Eurobeat and everything.

I like driving.
>>
File: IMG_5328.png (647KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5328.png
647KB, 1136x640px
>>34488957
I was always extremely anxious to get a driving licence and even when I did I was afraid. But my mom forced me to drive to school everyday with her by my side and I actually am a good driver now (3 years later).
I pnly driver our family second car a d never drew anywhere far. I was on a motorway like twice so far.

>post your dream car and dream roadtrip
pic related and anywhere near coast
>>
Drove to Southern Florida from Southern Ontario. Went down on the East coast mostly on 95. Stopped in just north of West Virginia and in Jacksonville. Had to stay at a hotel in a really rough part of Jacksonville, drove down past Fort Lauderdale and towards Miami drove west through the Everglades and to Naples where my dad was renting a place. Nearly fell asleep driving through the Everglades. 2 day driving trip, only stopped to piss and eat.
>>
>>34489014
Sarasota, Florida to Austin, Texas and back. 18 hours either way. We didn't stop. It was just me and my one friend, and we switched once, halfway through. When we got back to FL, it was storming insanely hard in the middle of the night, and we watched some faggot speed past us doing 70 (way too fucking fast for how hard it was raining), hydroplane, turn sideways, overturn the car, and roll off the side of the road in their SUV. There's a good chance they died. We didn't stop to find out. We just called the cops and told them where it happened, and kept going.
>>
>>34489014
>>34495946
Didn't mean to reply to this but enjoy your free (you)
>>
stuttgart to maastricht
about 7 hours
>>
>>34488957
from arizona, through california and colorado, then to minnesota
also maybe minnesota to maine, idk which was longer
>>
File: longest.png (240KB, 1116x763px) Image search: [Google]
longest.png
240KB, 1116x763px
>>34488957
Longest drive I've ever done with me driving

I want to do a cross country trip in the summer, cant decide U.S or Canada though.

>tfw no q.t to bring with me

Though I did tint my windows pitch black so no one can look at me at stoplights. Feels nice now.
>>
>>34496374
With the Canadian dollar being so shit, it would be cheaper to drive across Canada the drive would be slightly more boring as the middle of Canada there is fuck all to see until you get to the Rockies. My next trip is going to be flying to Calgary, renting a car and driving through B.C. to Vancouver taking the ferry to Nanaimo and driving down to Victoria.
>>
>>34496465
Yeah I was considering the U.S solely for the fact that the prairies are so fucking boring. But the dollar is probably not going to rebound anytime either unfortunately.

In spring I'm going to look into it more, but I'm definitely heading west for starters.
>>
>>34496535
East has more to see if you want a straight drive. You could go up to Ottawa then towards Montreal and Quebec City and then the Maritimes.
>>
From Long Island NY to northern Massachusetts by the New Hampshire border, to see family. 6 hours because I have poor sense of direction and Garmin sucks ass. I also stopped to stretch my legs as I'm a real old fuck.
>>
From Grand Rapids Michigan to Breckinridge Colorado. Snowboarding trip.
>>
It was a 6 hour drive by myself to meet up with a girl for the first time. Then it was another 6 hour drive to get back home.

I came.
>>
Longest drive I've done is central Wisconsin to Grand Rapids, Michigan to visit family. Second longest was central Wisconsin to the northwest corner of Iowa to meet a roastie off the Playstation forums, on a 250cc motorcycle.

Longest I've been part of was central Wisconsin to Branson Missouri - grandma wanted to go see Lawrence fucking Welk and guilt tripped the whole family to take her there.

>>34491043

Didn't think to see Dahmer mentioned in here. I've been in the room he died in. Gein used to buy car parts at a scrap yard my dad worked at.
>>
>>34493698

I work on cars, anon. What would you like me to teach you?

Also what generation Celica? The last roommate had a '73 and a '74. I could get the 74 from him for like $500
>>
i wasn't driving, but i took a trip from new england to florida once. i will never do that again
>>
>>34497564
I just know a few models, mainly those from Initial D
I'd like to understand how a motor works, to be able to recognize different models

something newer, last one was around 2006? I saw used ones from like 2002 selling for 2500euros here
I still don't have my driver's license anyway, so no point in looking yet
>>
>>34489059
Driving doesnt magically cure your robotness
>>
>>34488957
6,000 miles
91 hours
Got hired to drive 2 dogs to New York City from San Francisco
They were older German Shepards, owner did not want them to fly
Conned a buddy to go with me, didn't tell him I was getting paid
Wanted me there as fast as possible
Rented a Ford Focus, from Budget, unlimited miles 5 day rental
With gas only stops, dogs shit and pissed at stops, food from the gas station
Took 44 hours on I-80 to NYC
Took 46 hours back to SF
They had me bring a cat back to SF
Big orange striped monster who would not shut up, meow, meow the whole way, finally in Salt Lake City I put him and his carrier in the trunk
Rental car place was not happy, I pointed out the unlimited miles and walked away
Got paid $3300, plus gas and food, just my portion, buddy paid his own way
Used the money to go to Hawaii (big Island) and surf, slept on the beach and live there for 3 months
The Ford Focus is not a comfortable car, good millage, but not comfortable
>>
>>34497981

Lurking /o/ can help with the simpler stuff.
Car engines are fairly straightforward. Pistons go up and down, and have a connecting rod attached off-center to a crankshaft. The connecting rod and crankshaft converts the up and down of the pistons into spinning the crankshaft, which turns the transmission and the tires.
Pistons go up and down in 4 cycles: first sucks in air and fuel as it goes down. Then it comes back up and compresses the mix. Then the spark plug causes the mix to explode and force the piston down. Then it comes back up to push the exhaust out.

The later front wheel drive Celicas looked cool. I've never worked on one though.
>>
>>34491202

1000km...

lmfao
>>
>>34498289
I tried, but it feels like I've been thrown in a pool without knowing how to swim
I think the biggest issue is probably the terminology in English which is different in Serbian, but there is only one way to get past that
also, thanks for the clarification, it's a start

yeah, they kind of look sharklike
>>
>>34488957
Three years ago. Got transferred from Eielson AFB just outside Fairbanks Alaska to MacDill AFB Tampa Florida. Took me one hundred hours driving and resting. Forty-seven hundred miles. Seven hundred bucks in gasoline. Drove in a 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser pulling a 2013 Airstream Bambi. Would have liked to have stopped more but the AF only gave me six days transit time if I used more it would have come out of my vacation time they reimbursed me for the fuel and half of the food. I was in the middle of putting a new stereo in when the order came through so I spent the trip singing every song I knew. Getting ready to transfer back leaving in June. Stereo works not singing all the way back.
>>
>>34498464

I only know English, so I can't help with the language barrier serbanon. I'm okay with talking cars with you more if you want. r9kanonwi at gmail
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.