[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Herbal Supplements

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: herbal supplements.jpg (122KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
herbal supplements.jpg
122KB, 850x567px
Does anyone else take any herbal supplements? I recently began taking St. John's Wort extract (an herb with supposed antidepressant qualities to it) and have been pleasantly surprised with the results.

I began looking into herbal supplements because of my developing HPPD. I first tried chamomile tea to help calm my nerves and enjoyed it. I've ordered lion's mane mushroom and chamomile extracts to go along with my saint john's wort.

Also HPPD thread, if there are any fellow sufferers out there.
>>
Thanks for the reminder. Prepping a chamomile, ginger and kratom potion as we speak.
>>
>>34488438
started taking st. johns wort about a week ago to appease my father who was threatening to kick me out.
figured it would just be placebo nonsense and couldn't hurt.
turns out it has been psychoactive for me but not in a pleasant way. I have felt really cooped up and nervous and time seems to be moving unusually slow.
will stay on it for a few more days to see if these side effects wear off or I develop some positive effects.

by HPPD do you mean hallucinogen persisting perception disorder?
had that shit for years as a teenager from smoking "spice" once
fuck that toxic shit
>>
File: hydrangea.jpg (293KB, 636x480px) Image search: [Google]
hydrangea.jpg
293KB, 636x480px
>>34488684
That sounds lovely, anon. Add a little honey for flavor. But if you drink it with lemon, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>34489078
I'm guessing he threatened to kick you out if you didn't go on medication, but didn't wanna take that so you use st john's wort as a substitute?

I hope it gets better for you anon. I might say that the effects aren't going to make you happy, per se. For me, what they've done is make my thoughts feel less stuffed up and more clear. My mood was lifted in the way that there felt like there was a little less weighing me down.

Regardless of whatever gains you might get from them, it's up to you to take advantage of them.

Whats been weighing you down, anon?

And yeah, that hppd. Got mine from a lengthy series of acid trips over the summer. Do you still experience symptoms?
>>
File: lily25.jpg (59KB, 1035x772px) Image search: [Google]
lily25.jpg
59KB, 1035x772px
In the meantime, I hope you'll join me, anons, for pictures of pretty flowers. That last picture I posted was of hydrangeas, my favorite flowers. I used to have a number of them in backyard as a teenager. Each one of them was a different color because of the varying amounts of acidity in the soils in different spots.

This white flower is a lily. A little cliche, but heavenly, isn't he?
>>
I don't know what these are, but I like them. They remind me of my father's penis.
>>
File: just like daddys cock.jpg (101KB, 670x510px) Image search: [Google]
just like daddys cock.jpg
101KB, 670x510px
>>34489435
Oh, silly me, I forgot my picture. Handsome, aren't they?
>>
ST JOHNS WORT IS 100% PLACEBO

but sometimes placebo effect actually alters behavior, so by all means keep taking it. There was a study where pro runners were given a placebo of a drug that was supposed to increase performance, and after the study the majority reported that it worked and they felt they had more energy while running. Even though it was all in their head.
>>
What's good for skin?
>>
>>34489461
I can tell you have pretty toes. Why is that, anon?
>>
File: of course.jpg (161KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
of course.jpg
161KB, 612x612px
>>34489473
Semen, of course.
>>
belvita cookies are okay tasting
>>
>>34489355
st johns wort was actually his idea
his idea is I would try this first before pharmaceuticals.
>Whats been weighing you down, anon?
average mentally ill NEET nonsense
I have no prospects or life goals and fail at most marks of healthy human behavior

>Do you still experience symptoms
probably not
it was about 8~ years back and the most obvious symptoms faded around two or so years ago
I still have things like negative psychotic traits which are sometimes associated with HPPD but these are probably because of unrelated psychiatric shit, ie major depression etc.
>>
>>34489473
I'd really like to know that as well, actually
>>
>>34489397

>planted rows of red and yellow tulips all around the yard from the rhubarb and tulip patch by the garage.

Was probably the most productive thing i've ever done, sadly.
>>
>herbal supplement is just lawn clippings in an edible capsule

Don't fall for the vitamin supplement meme
>>
>>34489459

I think those are sunflowers anon.
>>
>>34489759
Herbs aren't vitamins.
>>
>>34489674
>I have no prospects or life goals and fail at most marks of healthy human behavior
Anon, no one has prospects until they go out and find them. If you took any other human being and despelled their sense of motivation, they'd end up in the same rough patch you're in right now. You need to shake up your life and see what's important to you and follow it.

I wish I could hug the depression out of you right now, anon. my darling boy
>>
File: open the hearth, i'm going in.jpg (53KB, 500x674px) Image search: [Google]
open the hearth, i'm going in.jpg
53KB, 500x674px
>>34489763
To you they might be, indeed.

Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKF8A1z53RY
>>
File: so sad, so sad.jpg (96KB, 533x750px) Image search: [Google]
so sad, so sad.jpg
96KB, 533x750px
>>34489759
What's the harm? They're cheap and not lining the pockets of the medical jew. Plus, they give me a little boost. I see no issue in my faggotry, sargent.

And what about yours?
>>
>>34489708
That sounds gorgeous, anon. Just like you.
>>
>>34489789
I guess I can see that but willing away depression/anhedonia with life sense alone hasn't worked yet. although you're right that I should probably put myself out there more and quite being pointlessly timid.
I think I will give psychiatry a shot if St. John's Wort doesn't produce some positive results in the following week. I might extend this trial depending if the current side effects lessen.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.