[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mr Robot Normie?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Mr.-Robot.png (254KB, 780x439px)
Mr.-Robot.png
254KB, 780x439px
I know the show itself is pretty normie. But is Elliot a normie? He has sex with a hot chick, gets her as a girlfriend, has friends, has/had a good job.
Hes definitely not chad, but hes not exactly a robot. Hes like the edgy teenagers who claim to be misanthropist or say they have no friends, but have friends and get dates.
Thoughts?
>>
Have you seen the whole show
>>
>>34485577
Yes, hes fucking crazy sure, and got a lot of robot tend(enc)ies. But far less robotic than most the fucks on this board alone
Im just saying, hes closer to tumblr than robotic
I still like the show tho
>>
>>34485545
They just put all that normie shit in there to give the show appeal. Otherwise he'd be an unlikeable protagonist
>>
>>34485648
I think he was intended to be like us until Mr. Robot showed up, that's when he really turns a corner.
>>
hi jan
>>
>>34485853
Howdy, friend o' mine
>>
>>34485545
NO

Elliot has fucked a girl, yes. But does this make him normie? Maybe. But consider that he was high as fuck when he fucked her, and that she is a slut who was also high as fuck

The minute he tried to gf her though, he got her fucking murdered, doesn't sound very normie to me

>>34485648
Is he less robotic though? He hates society, hates talking to people, he only got laid because he got lucky that his neighbour was a slut drug dealer.

I feel very close to Elliot, I share a lot of the characters feels, I also feel like I could have sex if the universe aligned itself correctly, I'm not ugly, I just hate society and talking to people and maintaining relationships
>>
>>34485864
pls unblock me i want to talk to you
>>
Should one of us contact Sam Esmail and ask him if r9k was a source of inspiration for the character?
>>
>>34485953
I don't actually know who you are I just wanted to make a friend.
>>
>>34485997
oh your name isn't jan?
>>
>>34486011
No it was a ruse, I'm sorry. I hope this doesn't damage our friendship.
>>
File: 1481932742991.gif (2MB, 600x600px)
1481932742991.gif
2MB, 600x600px
>>34485545
I only watched the first episode. I cringed so much when he said he went to all the hacker forums and 4chan was on his fucking screen that I couldn't stand another episode.

What I gathered is that he's REALLY FUCKING EDGY, he is some kind of computer prodigy, he's a wagecuck, and he has friends and a gf and shit.

All in all, he's not a robot, although he does have some robot tendencies. I would say reddit is more his style.
>>
>>34486038
>34486038
JESUS FUCKING CRIsT ANOn
>>
>>34486031
anon how could u do this to me. HOW
>>
>>34486097
l'm terribIy loneIy
>>
>>34485921
fair point but he still dated the blonde chick and she is still clearly into him. Still love him for the way he thinks though.
>>
>>34486073
what? what did I say wrong. I didn't like the show and Elliot is a pseudonormie. What did I miss?
>>
>>34486173
Never dated the blonde chick, he dated his drug dealer, Shayla.
>>
>>34486183
no your gif freaked me out, I'm to drunk for that shit. didn't even read your post desu

but know that I did, I suggest you watch some more episodes, although your synopsis is accurate, although I don't see him browsing reddit, he seems like one of those "too good for reddit" types you yo see around here
>>
>>34485921
true, but also he only hates society in the rebellious teen way, fight club style. only hating corporations and how society functions, not the humans involved in it.
>>
>>34486198
they did kiss tho
>>
>>34486345
yeah, don't we all though? I don't see any robots claiming they love society.

Obviously he hates the humans involved, what do you think society is made of?
>>
>>34486388
i hate society too, but elliot hates societal constructs and the corporations dictating them.
he doesnt hate the normies though, he even stops Mr Robot from killing them and doesnt want to hurt anyone
Not saying you have to want to slaughter normies to be a robot, but hes even pretty nice to that chad cheating on angela.
>>
>>34486388
All robots do is love their society. Every post about chads and stacies is a love-letter to western society, it is the robot expressing the fact that he is angry with society because he does not belong to it, not because there is something wrong with it.
>>
>>34486445
what the fuck, I don't want to kill anyone either. I understand normies are just living their lives, like npc's, I don't wish harm upon them.

>>34486464
this. Elliot doesn't belong, I don't belong, none of us robots belon
>>
>>34485545
he is just a Cyborg a failed normie
>>
>>34485820
I got to second this, at the end of the day the show has to make money and video taping anon browsing 4chan for hours on end will not cut it.
>>
>>34485953
JAN DOESN'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU FAGGOT. SHE IS GAGGING ON MY COCK RIGHT NOW.

t.Chad Thundercock
>>
>>34486038
Well, to be honest it was an imageboard. Not specifically 4chan. And about the job, if you don't mind the biggest spoiler of season 1 and some of season 2: he only started to work there because he's a crazy motherfucker, when the other personality took control he architected the whole thing, the job was just part of his alter ego's plans to destroy E Corp and, as shown in season 2, fuck society itself too.

In my opinion, it gets really good by the second half of the first season (the first half isn't too bad either). I actually enjoy this show. I don't mind when people don't either. I just don't understand people going full sperg about it arguing about whether the protagonist is one of us or not. Who the fuck cares anyway?
>>
>>34485820

More or less this, even the old shitty hacker movies and shows mr.robot pokes fun at were the product of TV executives realizing hacking was boring as fuck to normies and hackers themselves had pathetic lifestyles so they had to make it seem cool somehow and that meant "fuck real life put some cheesy 3D graphics instead"

Even today thats still true hence why mr.robot is still borderline-normalfag, but because TV these days is about muhrealism they keep shit gritty and avoid the cheesiness of old hacker shows since its "serious business"
>>
This is probably the best show to air on television in the last five years.
>>
>>34486374
They didn't date. They liked each other but he was too beta to ask her out
>>
mr robot is aesthetic as fuuuuuuuuck
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.